Entertainment

GUHH Recap: Sam & Shawn Come to an Understanding + Tee Tee Makes Progress with Egypt

GUHH Season 6 episode 12 recap

Photo Credit: WE tv

On the season finale of “Growing Up Hip Hop,” Egypt and Tee Tee finally come face to face. And it doesn’t go too well. The talk leads to Egypt revealing surprising feelings about her cousin. Meanwhile, Treach does his best to get Sam and Shawn to settle their differences for the betterment of the family.

Next, tensions surprisingly rise at the showcase after Egypt performs. Sakoya and Tanice have a confrontation as Tanice defends Angela’s honor. Vanessa learns of the confrontation and regrets being the one having to tell Angela.

Lastly, JoJo and Tanice tell their daughter she’s getting a sibling.

Here’s the recap for, “Don’t Start the Fire.”

Written By

A.J. is a publisher and writer for Urban Belle Mag. A.J. has a passion for HBCUs, learning technology, and reality tv.

1. Natalie Harris

July 30, 2021 at 6:31 am

Family ain’t sh-t oftentimes.
    Tee Tee & Shawn need to be on a flight ✈️ to Jamaica 🇯🇲 and get hitched and that’s on period!
    Cordial ain’t gonna last long.

July 30, 2021 at 10:32 am

Maybe it’s just me but it doesn’t really seem like they are all good now. You can tell that the issues weren’t resolved and everything is still lingering. So they won’t be good next season either.

• Robert

August 1, 2021 at 4:55 am

You’re exactly right.

The problem is that Egypt did an abysmal job of articulating her feelings and Tee Tee and Maureen only care about themselves.

It’s true that Tee Tee’s jihad against Sam set off a string of events that rocked Egypt’s world and by extension her reputation too although I personally think no less of her for anything she did however I imagine she got an earful from the haters on social media and so that’s probably what she was talking about but she’s done nothing to be ashamed of as far as I can tell.

I just wish (for her sake) that she had done a better job of articulating the various times Tee Tee stabbed her and Sam in the back rather than trying to recall whatever lies from Tee Tee that did or didn’t happen because sometimes you can do a whole lot of backstabbing without telling any lies although Tee Tee kidnapping Egypt while pretending she didn’t tell the driver to be half-an-hour late is straight up dishonest and deceitful and unforgivable. Also Tee Tee got Briana on Egypt’s @$$ and even took Briana’s side after things got physical. Tee Tee is a snake in the grass imo.

And like I said last week …. Tee Tee needed to apologize profusely to Egypt to start the healing but Tee Tee was too self absorbed to do the right thing and fully apologize …. no wonder Egypt hasn’t really forgiven her, I wouldn’t either and I wouldn’t lose any more sleep over the overly drawnout matter either.

Fun fact: Last week I also said it looked like Egypt was poised to “kill it” at the showcase. And what was the first thing Cree said this week? … That Egypt “killed it” at the showcase …. which I thought was pretty cool … mighty Ms Cleo of me, lol.

3. llawrence

July 30, 2021 at 10:37 am

Pepa is not seeing that her daughter needs help,the things Egypt was saying are nothing but Sam in her hear. Before Sam Egypt was good. Sam couldn’t even let her perform he had to be in it. Sam has Egypt thinking she is a superstar and that could come back to really hurt her.

• Sheila A Glover

July 30, 2021 at 3:19 pm

I agree Pepa need to act like her mom and see that her child needs help. But she’s too busy acting young than Egypt. Egypt ego is do blown up that it’s going to take a real reality check. That will be Sam being totally exposed by her dad.

• LaShawn Jefferson

August 8, 2021 at 11:10 am

This is going on with my daughter right now. They can’t see but unlike Pepa. I’m very vocal I have told my daughter how I feel and so have her siblings. But after we spoke out peace we left it alone. Love is blind and it hide all faults. Maybe they talk off camera, I guess the daddy can’t see it either.

4. llawrence

July 30, 2021 at 6:27 pm

You are 100% right.

5. Guest

July 31, 2021 at 3:21 pm

At the end of the day, Egypt is only following Pepa’s lead. She is an exact representation of her mother. Her mother’s life has been full of bad choices when it comes to men. Likewise, Pep’s attitude about Egypt is to coddle and dote on her regardless to her behavior. It is very telling when everyone else can see your child is being manipulated and your eyes are blinded. Finally, nothing was resolved on either side. However, I believe that Tahira is just over it and just wants to move on bc she’s got a son and more important things to deal with. I appreciate that Tee Tee did apologize like a woman and agree to not speak poorly on Sam anymore. What was missing was an apology from Egypt and Pepa. Egypt acting like a victim is ridiculous and laughable. But, everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I hope this is the end of this scenario on the show. It had definitely been beaten to death. What else is going on?! Finally, please don’t bring trashy Sakoya back. She’s just looking for smoke and drama. Take yourself over to the Love & Hip Hop Franchise if you want to bring that type of nonsense and shenanigans. She made herself look like an a$$.

6. llawrence

August 1, 2021 at 11:13 am

Egypt will be a lot better off without Sam. I just hope he doesn’t do anything to really ruin her. If she is smart she will not have a baby by him. Egypt did good at the show case but she is no superstar. I don’t think she can right now sellout no arena’s or sell no platinum album’s or win no Grammy’s. But that’s what Sam is telling her. Egypt said it on an episode that “Sam and I are on Beyonce and JayZ level.” Her parent’s don’t see what everyone else see’s. I hope Egypt snaps out of it before it’s too late for her.