Reality TV

Erica Mena and DJ Envy Affair Confirmed

erica mena and dj envy affair

Photo Credit: @djenvy, @iamerica_mena Instagram

Erica Mena and DJ Envy have both come clean about their affair now that Erica Mena has a tell-all book on the way and DJ Envy’s wife is rumored to be appearing on the next season of Real Housewives of New Jersey. Regardless, Erica was the one that put DJ Envy on blast in her recent interview, and although DJ Envy has been quiet on the situation since Erica started talking, it now appears that he’s now ready to clear the air and let people know what happened between him and the feisty reality television star.

This morning on his morning radio show The Breakfast Club, he confirmed that he did cheat on his wife. Although he never mentioned the name of the woman he had the affair with, everyone assumes he was referring to Erica, especially since she took to her Twitter account to clap back at Envy immediately after his confession.

About the affair, DJ Envy says:

“It’s a difficult thing to do. Sometimes being married it makes you insecure dude. I looked like I had everything. It was scary, my wife is gorgeous. She might me somebody that’s smarter than me. It made me insecure.

“With being insecure, with me being weak. I was so insecure and so down..I started messing with somebody that was beneath me. A bird. Evil. A liar. Somebody that was desperate and it’s just so pathetic. I mean I didn’t hafta feed this person no feed. I didn’t hafta make her feel special, because she wasn’t. So that’s what it was.”

Of course as we previously mentioned, Erica wasted no time in clapping back and claims the affair happened because she didn’t even know DJ Envy was married, considering that he never wore his wedding ring.

She tweets (read from the bottom up):

erica mena and dj envy

1. O-La

February 25, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Ok clearly Erica IS a bird, but how is he going to call her one when he was so willing to cheat with her? He must be a bird too. No man of substance cheats on his wife or screws birds.

• Queen

February 25, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Agreed! He’s no better than Erica for this one.

February 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm

It’s amazing what folks are willing to do for reality television.

• Heather B.

February 25, 2013 at 2:12 pm

LOL I was just thinking the same thing. It’s interesting that he waits until his wife gets on reality television to start talking about how much of a cheater he is.

3. Seriously?

February 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm

It took actual intercourse for Envy to realize Erica was “beneath him?” If so, he’s pretty stupid.

• Meeka

February 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm

LOL exactly. I can’t believe he tried to throw her under a bus and make her look bad when he is the married one.

4. Shayla

February 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Damn shame. If he was walking around without his wedding ring, I definitely can’t put ALL the blame on Erica. It’s sad how trifling some of these men are.

5. Viv

February 25, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Envy obviously has no respect for his wife if he didn’t want anyone to know he was married.

6. ANONYMOUS

February 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Didn’t Erica just fake being pregnant?! Why should we believe she isn’t lying about not knowing he was married?!

7. Drea

February 25, 2013 at 4:43 pm

He’s an idiot! He was supposed to check his insecurities BEFORE saying I do! Was his wife butt azz ugly and stupid when he propsed to her? Men will come up with any excuse to justify the stupid things they do. SMH.