Power Season 5 Episode 1 Recap: Everyone is Implicated

‘Power’ Recap: Tariq Makes Another Bad Move + Angela Makes a Tough Decision

Photo Credit: STARZ

On last night’s episode of “Power,” Dre is able to escape Ghost, Tommy and Kanan’s wrath thanks to Tariq’s interference.

Angela and Tasha must work together to stop all of them from being implicated in Ray Ray’s death.

And Tommy meets up with the Italians for some help.

Here’s a recap of “Everyone is Implicated.”

1. Jessica

July 2, 2018 at 11:10 am

Tariq has to be the most annoying character of all time. He’s much worse than Angela. I didn’t think that was possible.

• Oprah's Wig

July 2, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Yeah he’s horrible. He needs to stay out of Ghost and Tommy’s affairs. He’s done enough as it is.

July 2, 2018 at 11:29 am

I think Tommy made a huge mistake getting caught up with the Italians. And he already got one of them killed. This will not end well.

July 2, 2018 at 11:48 am

Kanan is going to turn on them again.

• Shayla

July 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm

He sure is. He’s just waiting to kill Dre first.

• Yeah I Said It!

July 2, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Oh yes. I’m just waiting on it. LOL.

4. Michelle

July 2, 2018 at 12:04 pm

So I have a bad feeling after this episode. I don’t trust Kanan, the Italians and I don’t know if Angela can be trusted either. At the end of the day, it’s every man for themselves. And Tariq ain’t the only one making dumb decisions.

5. Nicole

July 2, 2018 at 12:10 pm

I think people have to remember that Tariq is still a kid. Killing someone doesn’t change that. He still likes Dre and doesn’t see the bad in him. So I get why he warned him.

6. Jordan's Memory

July 2, 2018 at 1:00 pm

I just knew he was a goner yesterday!! I see what they TRYING to do with Angela making her likable I don’t think its going to work tho, and Tasha need to shut her mouth that convo/confession could have went left real quick. And we not even going to talk about Tariq dumb arse I just can’t with his lil boy! I wanted to come through the TV when he sent that text. smdh

July 2, 2018 at 1:22 pm

I get the strange feeling that Blanca chick is going to figure out Angela’s role and Angela will have to kill her to save herself and everyone else. I know it sounds crazy to think, but I think Angela will literally have blood on her hands before this show ends just to prove that no one is truly good on here.

• Fanny

July 2, 2018 at 1:36 pm

That would be a wild twist.

• Jordan's Memory

July 2, 2018 at 1:40 pm

I like where u are going with this!

• Anonymous

July 2, 2018 at 5:22 pm

You know, this would actually be interesting to see. Angela becoming a dirty character would be great for TV. I predict that Tariq is going to get even worse and commit way worse crimes this season. I can just feel it.

8. Honey

July 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm

I wish they wouldn’t drag out this Dre story. He should be dead already.

9. Realness

July 2, 2018 at 1:51 pm

I’m glad this show is back but I’m very nervous about how the season will end.

1. Tommie is way too reckless for this thing with the Italians to work out in his favor. He already messed up by getting those two hitmen shot and one of them killed. And Sammy is not going to like that he went behind his back and talked to them. Vincent either. He’s playing with fire.

2. Ghost needs to tighten up. He’s been off since last season and it’s why one of his kids is dead. If he doesn’t get it together, he’s going to lose someone else very soon. There is no reason why his understudy should be outsmarting him.

3. I see things ending badly for Angela. Oh well. Never liked her anyway.

4. Tasha needs to leave Silver alone. He’s going to end up getting killed getting involved in all of this.

July 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm

How is Tariq still alive? It should have been him and not Raina.

July 2, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Am I the only one who is noticing how Kanan is redirecting the blame to Dre? Let’s remember that Dre really did try to keep Tariq away from Kanan. He paid Kanan to stay away from Tariq. He warned Tariq to stay away from Kanan. The only reason Dre wants Kanan dead is because Kanan threatened his daughter. Tariq knows that Dre tried to keep Kanan away so that’s why he saved his life. Kanan is redirecting the blame to Dre because he’s going to kill Ghost and Tommy when it’s all said and done. And they won’t even see it coming.