'Basketball Wives' Recap: The Cast Denies Colorism Claims + OG's Boyfriend Slams Feby

‘Basketball Wives’ Recap: The Cast Denies Colorism Claims + OG’s Boyfriend Slams Feby

Basketball Wives Season 8 Episode 17 Recap

Photo Credit: Instagram

By: A.J. Niles

During part one of the season 8 “Basketball Wives Reunion,” Evelyn feels threatened and bullied by OG and as a result, doesn’t want her on set. Shaunie agrees, revealing OG pushed her, and OG’s forced to film in a satellite stage.

Rumors are also confirmed as CeCe and OG walked away from taping. Although CeCe doesn’t return, OG does. And when OG finally begins filming, she accuses the cast of being colorist towards her.

Also, Feby and Jackie address their beef and Shaunie becomes supremely irritated by Jennifer.

Here’s the recap for, “Episode 17.”

1. Reader

October 10, 2019 at 12:21 am

OG is full of sh*t!!! I hate it when people start using racism as an excuse!!! Can’t stand OG!! Hanging on to CeCe so her man can help her boyfriend!! User!!

• Mel

October 10, 2019 at 7:33 am

Thank you. No one has to like her personality or find her attractive just because she’s dark skinned. On Basketball Wives the women always read, shade each other and say mean things. I hate this season. It hasn’t been fun to watch and these so called woke people are the worst.

• Gina Jackson

October 14, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Couldn’t agree more! Calling the women colorists is really grasping for straws considering Kristen ain’t high yellow her d-mn self.

• Lilian

October 10, 2019 at 7:43 am

I thought OG was a confident woman until this season. You can tell being called ugly really bothers her. And if everyone on the show is colorist like she claims, why does she still want to be on the show and be around these people? That isn’t indicative of having high self esteem. Cece knows she was mistreated and she doesn’t want to be on the show anymore. Why doesn’t OG love herself enough to do the same? I shook my head when OG came back to the reunion. There’s no way I would keep allowing people to treat me badly.

• Anonymous

October 10, 2019 at 11:14 am

Well said “Lillian ” Noxeema Jackson (og) is struck on stupid

• Drea

October 11, 2019 at 7:43 pm

• Carol

October 15, 2019 at 3:02 pm

It’s called a job and she isnt allowing them to have bad behavior. Keep acting like you dont understand her standing up for her self and cashing her check. These so called women are all shown in a bad light. This isnt the only time skin color was an issue on this show and they took advantage of the situation with Jackie’s daughter. No one gave Jackie a pass they talked mad stuff about Jackie not liking her dark skinned daughter for a storyline.

• Anonymous

October 16, 2019 at 10:42 am

Thanks for this comment when you are confident in who you are and love yourself that’s the best defense, people can talk and say whatever but I would never argue my looks with anyone not to mention colorism works both ways,just because you are light does not mean you are prejudice against a darker complexion, our different shades is what makes is beautiful, OG told Evelyn she wants to be black with her cornrows and the way she talks that can also come off as offensive

• Anonymous

October 10, 2019 at 10:54 am

I agree 💯 with u “Reader”…that old goat or Noxeema Jackson

• Andrea

October 11, 2019 at 7:48 pm

To Lilian , Couldn’t agree more!! She’s grimy chasing after other women’s men! She’s very foul.

• Vernell

October 14, 2019 at 11:02 pm

That’s exactly what I thought about her that’s she’s hangs on CeCe to try to get her man in the NBA and I think he’s only using her. Og talking that sh-t about being a ride and die friend. CeCe and Byron both can’t see her for what she is.

• cherisse hall

October 15, 2019 at 3:23 pm

U said it all! So, glad someone else can see through the MADNESS..
      My only other concern is that STANK A-S BIG TOE HANGING OVER the open TOED shoes. WHY? WHY? WHY?

2. TheMrsM

October 10, 2019 at 7:20 am

I’m so sorry but evelyn so biased and jealous of OG to the point that she dont even realize when she being racist or using colorism as a weapon. She just called OG a bugaboo, like really b-tch. Grow up already, you beating down 50 and still on TV throwing drinks and climbing over tables. Just know that “Comparison is the thief of joy”.

• Maddy

October 10, 2019 at 2:34 pm

I don’t think Evelyn is jealous of OG. OG really doesn’t have anything Evelyn wants. I’d think Evelyn would be jealous over Cece before OG. Cece has a great career as a nurse out in LA, a successful business and now she’s marrying a wealthy man. Yall hype up OG but what does she have to be jealous of? It can’t be her man because she’s on the show asking Byron to get him a job. She didn’t make much money playing football because that sport doesn’t pay much. And she’s not even a full-time cast member so Ev’s check is bigger. Just saying.

• Karlie

October 12, 2019 at 12:45 am

I think Evilyn is scared of OG. She been acting like the head b-tch in charge and when OG came and won’t take bullsh-t from her she just doesn’t have a clue how to handle it.

• Jesica Everage

October 12, 2019 at 10:49 am

OG has a net worth of between 1 and 5 mill… Not broke

• Anonymous

October 12, 2019 at 10:54 am

Lies.

• Ora whorton

October 14, 2019 at 10:14 pm

OG,is going to school to be a lawyer ,now what is Evenly doing,nothing but patting up on that sloppy wet p-ssy as she said!!!

3. TheMrsM

October 10, 2019 at 7:30 am

Evelyn can call people names and say vile and disgusting things about them, but when those tables turned and she got what she has been giving to others she files a lawsuit. Lol. She tried so hard to slander OG by calling Chad to get receipts, and it was ok. But In the same breath when OG exposed the truth then Chad was her abuser. Girl why you calling your abuser and keeping in contact with him if you were so traumatized. You can’t be the victim and aggressor at the same time.

4. TheMrsM

October 10, 2019 at 7:38 am

Kristen poor thang she so nieve and gullable she don’t know what she mad with cece about, and she hate the fact that byron has his fiance’s back. Stop picking a fight with the one you think is the weakest of the group. Thomas dont care that people know byron is not his biological father so why she keep making it her story line. She said what she said about byron trying to fit in, nobody forced her but she blaming cece. She better be worried about her husband (new storyline), cause cece and her man are secure.

5. TheMrsM

October 10, 2019 at 7:48 am

Feby use to get bullied! So she feel the need to come with the dry jokes and she so immature and insecure she thinks pointing out other people flaws makes her a part of the group. Girl bye! We all see those bad veneers and sagging t-ts, skinny dont make you exempt from being ugly on the inside. They laughing at you not with you boo boo.

• Karen

October 10, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Yassssss MrsM
      You hit tha nail on the coffin. Everything you said here and I do mean everything is nothing but tha truth. Now I don’t have to write all of these facts!! Because you said it for me too!!!

6. Tisha Torain

October 10, 2019 at 7:56 am

It’s just that anytime someone standsup to Shaunie or Evelyn they are considered a threat! I haven’t been watching the show because ok f how they was trying to bully Of and CeCe!

7. Innocent

October 10, 2019 at 8:42 am

Stop it she’s not jealous of OG now that’s funny

• Anonymous

October 10, 2019 at 11:01 am

Evelyn being jealous of 🤣🤣 old goat…I agree with u “innocent “

• Carol

October 15, 2019 at 3:09 pm

She bothered that’s for sure. OG not bothered they started on OG the first show making fun of her wig. They all have had jacked up wigs but OG gets told off first thing on camera. It’s her skin color and career they are bothered. Stop lying colorism is a real thing. .

8. Innocent

October 10, 2019 at 8:48 am

Them lady’s had no problem with OG OG made a problem with them she’s a if bully don’t know one wants to be around someone who wants to break there jaw are kill a B-TCH OG wanted to do all that

9. TheMrsM

October 10, 2019 at 9:01 am

OG is aggressive but she has confronted everyone head on to address any issues. Evelyn waits til CeCe is walking away “like a grown woman does” to grab a bamboo branch and run up behind CeCe as if she is not supposed to defend herself. She should have opened up a can of them jujitsu kicks, I guarantee she wouldn’t have ran up behind nobody else.The sad part is CeCe wasn’t even talking to her or walking away from her. But she got just what she was looking for and landed on her face in the dirt. You cant hit someone first and then tell them how hard they can hit you back.

10. Vanessa Smith

October 10, 2019 at 9:41 am

Evelyn acts like OG is the problem but she called her a booger boo on the first reunions show

11. Anngalique Miller

October 10, 2019 at 11:00 am

First of all, there are no rights here because everyone was wrong in their own way. Second, I hate to see grown azz women out in public, on camera, or what may have you, acting so much like a man, YOUNG WOMEN & GROWN WOMEN PLZ STOP SAYING THE PHRASE “SUCK MY “D” that is so inappropriate for any female to say about themselves. That show has been wrong for a long time. To me, every female on that show is in a category of “All Shades of Black” OG must have a problem within herself to even say something like that. She tries to fit in with the females too hard to where she has in my opinion made herself look desperate for camera time and to get her “boyfriend” on with the big league. Lastly, these females need to grow up and make good examples of themselves and stop looking like messy azz miserable females. Not all of them are like that, i like Malaysia she’s real too me. I like them all except OG she has issues but all they need to do is grow up and act like women.

• Carol

October 15, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Its obvious you dont watch this show or suffer from colorism. I take it your crayon box black crayon is only used for negative references. You can not argue your indifference to all the seasons of bad behavior, back stabbing, fighting, thhrowing bottles and tables, pulling hair, sleeping around that did not include one scene with OG yet no one has been as dark skinned either. Yet all of a sudden OG is a problem and has done none of the above. Okkkkrr. OG the GOAT deal with it. Black Skin is also pretty skin. Recognize

12. Joyce Agyeman Osei

October 10, 2019 at 11:01 am

It’s not colorism, but is definitely favoritism. The woman that has thrown glasses, bottles, jumped on tables, etc. gets the opportunity to sit on stage next to you and express her thoughts, while OG has to sit in another room because all of sudden you all are “scared” of her. Give me a break!

13. Cynthia

October 10, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Did you all see Og , push Shaunie in the unseen clip? What did Shauna do to her.

• Sad

October 14, 2019 at 5:56 pm

I saw it. I think it was an accident. OG was trying to get to someone {Evelym, I think) and Ms O’Neal got in between and accidentally got pushed. I am glad someone else heard Evelyn’s “Booga-boo” comment. I remember Shaunie telling Evelyn about the “Ling Ling” comment. But this is something Evelyn does….. she calls names. A full grown woman with an adult child and a young black son, CALLS NAMES (toegy) I thought you had fixed your life Evelyn. I watched Iyanla embrace you and speak specifically with you about honoring yourself as a woman…. then I see and hear you on BBW grabbing yourself and yelling about how good your [email protected]$$y was. I guess Iyanla is somewhere shaking her head.

14. Dionne

October 10, 2019 at 10:15 pm

I officially stopped watching Basketball Wives years ago. Shaunie should be ashamed of herself allowing Evelyn to call OG a monkey. Its amazing how she she thinks it’s okay. Evelyn has always put her hands on other cast mates and thrown things at them. I do think it’s colorism. You have the dark sister on there and everyone gangs up on her and calls her a threat. Some of you other black women should have supported OG AND STOOD UP FOR HER. Evelyn sleeps with our black men and thinks she’s better than black women. Shaunie kisses Evelyn ass and doesn’t call her out when she’swrong. Its embarrassing that all you women ride with Evelyn.Some of you like to holla it’s not about her color! Yes, it is …OG I am riding with you. Stay strong sister. The rest of the cast are acting like it’s not about your dark skin. You are beautiful OG.

15. Wanda Bigby

October 10, 2019 at 10:50 pm

This show needs to be cancelled , it’s a disgrace to the black professional women the ladies on basketball wives are a bunch of thugs and hoodlums, hoodrats who wants a wife like them no real professional Man don’t

October 11, 2019 at 1:36 am

I’m no fan of old goat but this how Lupita Nyong’o: ‘I wasn’t aware that I belonged to a race called Black until I came to America’Race is a very social construct, one that I didn’t have to ascribe to on a daily basis growing up,” she says. “As much as I was experiencing colorism in Kenya, I wasn’t aware that I belonged to a race called Black.”

17. Who?

October 11, 2019 at 9:58 pm

So we just gone ignore the fact OG brought color up. She was the one coming for Evelyn sayin “you will never be black”. She was the one talkin about how Evelyn wears braids in her hair. So now all of a sudden it’s the other women treatin her a certain way cause she dark skinned?! Girl stop!

• Anonymous

October 13, 2019 at 11:45 am

Preach girl exactly!!!!

18. Cristina Bradley

October 12, 2019 at 7:08 am

Now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. Y’all know this is ALL BS right?!?! Having Nostrils do a one-woman ponderosa on colorism??? Next Week: Anger Management presented by Evil-yn!!! We all know this is not about sisterhood, or being a wife, or even an effing friend, issa JOB, but we know ‘isms when we see ’em. I see y’all. And you wonder why the world thinks many of us are nothing more than sheeple!

19. Bobbi

October 13, 2019 at 1:46 pm

Calling someone Bugaboo is racist. I can’t believe the African American women on either side of Evelyn didn’t address the name calling. It is ridiculous and I am ashamed of Malaysia and Shaunie both.

20. Betty J. Holmes

October 13, 2019 at 7:58 pm

When will da Real BBW appear on da show. Right now there’s only 2 Jackie n Cece all others r Exes n Hoes.

21. Mia Cummings