Quantcast
Van & Lily Are Not Returning to 'Black Ink Crew Chicago' + 'Basketball Wives' Star Draya Joins Cast?

Van & Lily Are Not Returning to ‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ + ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Draya Joins Cast?

Photo Credit: VH1

“Black Ink Crew Chicago” returns next month. Recently, Van hopped on social media and said he would be exposing the show and the cast very soon. This was confusing to some of the fans. And many began to question if Van’s message meant he is not returning for the upcoming season.

Well, it looks as if that may be the case. Reportedly, Van is not on the upcoming season. And neither is Lily, Junior, nor Bella. However, VH1 may have secured a former “Basketball Wives” star to shake things up.

November 27, 2019 at 9:21 am

If true I’m glad Lily is gone. She had no remorse for calling black people the N-word and dared them to do something about it. And I also didn’t like how she told Charmaine that she’s blacker than her because Charmaine isn’t from the hood and went to private school. It’s racist to associate blackness with struggle. VH1 was disrespectful to keep her on the show as long as they did knowing that black people make up the majority of the viewership. And why would Draya do Black Ink when she’s so successful with her businesses? As far as Van is concerned, I figured he was fired and that’s why he did what he did the other day. Congrats to Charmaine and Neek. I started to think Charmaine was pregnant when she was complaining about headaches and she said she got to tell her mother some major good news before she passed.

• Tea

November 27, 2019 at 10:16 am

I think VH1 made a mistake and linked to the wrong Draya.

• Mz W

November 28, 2019 at 7:19 am

100% Lilly should have been gone A LONG TIME AGO! Using the “N word” loosely it not acceptable! Whether she is considered minority or not!

2. Lisa

November 27, 2019 at 9:24 am

When Lily started the N-word foolishness, the ratings started to tank. So letting her go and bringing on some new people was necessary. I am surprised Van was fired though. He’s been there from day one.

3. Tracey

November 27, 2019 at 9:29 am

I wanted Draya back on Basketball Wives not Black Ink. Wtf?

• Kenya R Love

November 27, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Go Draya!!! I think Dray can bring something new and fresh to the show. Welcome to The Chi!!!!

4. Ms. Jackson

November 27, 2019 at 9:31 am

Lily’s a-s should have been gone a long time ago. Good riddance.

• Maria Marsh

November 27, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Exactly why they are bringing her back is puzzling to me so they will lose more raiting.

• Lisa joyner

November 27, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Ok, she doesn’t even fit! she is not a tattoo artist

• Honey caramel

November 28, 2019 at 10:40 am

Draya is pretty that’s why they got her on the showqq

• Jenn

December 4, 2019 at 11:02 pm

I have to say i love/big fan of Ashley and Don. They are trying to work it out. Ashley is a good mom and i was worried about her when she aaid they found a lump but Thanks she is ok!

• Lisa joyner

November 27, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Ok, sh-t starting a-s and don’t look like any of them got hands because I would have dragged Lilly’s a-s.

• LaTonya Scott

January 17, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I got to agree Spongebob Squarepant

November 27, 2019 at 9:33 am

Van has his own shop so he should be straight. I’m waiting for him to spill that tea though.

• Monique

November 27, 2019 at 12:17 pm

But who’s going to watch it tho. When people get mad that’s what they do run and tell shyt, smh glad his azz is gone too. All he did was walk around talking loud and cheating and abusing Jenn with her dumb azz. Glad all of them is gone. They didn’t do anything for the show anyways. To keep it real throw the whole dam show away.

• Maria Marsh

November 27, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Exactly Van is full of it to. Him lilly Charmaine all of them

• Laura

November 28, 2019 at 12:28 am

You right-His shop been open for year+And he have an clothes store-he makes great t.v but I’m super ready for him to drop the beans

6. Jordan's Memory

November 27, 2019 at 9:53 am

Yesss! I will now start watching again. The two people I despised the most on that show is finally gone! It actually sounds like its gonna be pretty interesting to say the least and sad at the same time. I feel so bad for Charmaine her and her mother was so close and she was soooo nice.

7. anon anon

November 27, 2019 at 10:19 am

Okay so this show just got better because I felt like Lily and Junior brought it down. Jessica is gorgeous and fabulous so I’m excited to see what she’s about. Charmaine is my fave though so I’m just glad she’s back. I never disliked Van but I think he burned bridges after what he did last season. And that can’t be the Draya we already know. I’m assuming Vh1 made a mistake on their website.

8. Im Saying

November 27, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Draya though?

9. Jasmine

November 27, 2019 at 2:34 pm

I won’t miss Lily.

10. Gwendolyn Woods

November 27, 2019 at 3:12 pm

I applaud Charmaine for not being silent on this subject and how she wad not going to be comfortable with this lady (Lilly) and I use the word lady very loosely when referencing her, anywho proud of you Charmane you did not ease up on how unexceptable using this word is this Lilly not even aware that so many dead body’s of our ancestors that was the last word they heard before being beat, lynched or dismembered I hope VH1 gave this Lilly a lesson in Black History! All I can say Lilly “Girl Bye!”

• Mika

November 27, 2019 at 11:30 pm

Why is it racist to associate black with struggle black do it all day all blacks talk about. Why do blacks thinkk anything they say is ok but everyone else is racist…get yo life

• Gloria

November 28, 2019 at 6:34 am

I can tell you aren’t black. Anyway, it’s very problematic to lump all black people together. We’re not a monolith. And all black people aren’t poor or from the projects. It’s racist to assume such. Blackness has nothing to do with one’s financial status or schooling. For Lily to question a black woman’s blackness because she doesn’t stay in line with certain stereotypes is racist and unacceptable. I’m glad she’s off the show.

11. Something special

November 27, 2019 at 5:32 pm

I’m actually Glad Van, Lily & the rest are gone. Initially I loved Van, then he became full of himself & thought it was all about him. The show will be better w/o him to be honest…

12. Nia Bleu

November 27, 2019 at 5:56 pm

The show is fake asf so what could he possibly expose??🤣🤣😜 and adding Draya to the show makes no sense!! She is established so why go backwards 🤷🏿‍♂️

13. Donna

November 27, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Spanish folks use the N word all the time it is not offensive to ne

• Anonymous

November 27, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Umm Mexicans are not “Spanish people.” They aren’t from Spain.

• Natalie

November 28, 2019 at 12:19 am

Ur slow asf mexican are hispanic or latino they are not spanish only people from spain are spanish duh do ur research before u comment smh

14. Kenya R Love

November 27, 2019 at 9:13 pm

I believe Draya can bring something new and fresh to the show. Welcome to the Chi, Draya!!!!!

15. Tiffani Young

November 27, 2019 at 10:00 pm

I’m not surprised by Vans departure. He was a liability. Happy Thanksgiving

16. Elisa Morton

November 27, 2019 at 10:58 pm

In All Honesty & Keeping It 1 HUNNA’D Sayonara, Arrivederci, Aloha, Deuces, Ala Vista Bby.. Glad & So Grateful To See Lily, Van A-ses Leave 4 Their Trouble Making A-ses Should Have Been Gone Long Time Ago.

17. Keena

November 28, 2019 at 5:57 am

I love Van so he should have come back!Lilly keep it PUSHING her temper her using the N word like she’s black I don’t like black people calling each other that! Charmaine CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage and your baby you have my deepest sympathy and condolences about your mom

18. Gina Jackson

November 28, 2019 at 10:57 am

Well I’m Mexican just like Lily & I say n-gga whenever I want & I dare someone to try & stop me. Far from racist too. What gives me the right? I’m glad you asked. The fact that I’m living the same life as a black woman, when my half black son leaves the house nobody stops to say “Oh wait, he’s mixed” the first thing they see is a black face so I have to worry if he’s going to make it home alive. The same with my husband. If we get pulled over they don’t put me in a separate area while everyone else is sitting on the curb. I’m sitting right there next to my folks. When I was in prison the sistas looked out for me tougher than my “own” did so that’s who I ran with. They had my back so I have their’s! Always! People have tried to check me about saying n-gga but once they really get to know me they change their minds every single time because they realize that in my heart I look the exact same as them.

• Tasha

November 28, 2019 at 11:20 am

You dare someone to try to stop you? What a joke. This is literally one of the most ignorant comments I’ve ever read in my entire life. Your rationality for using the N-word is no different from a white woman who uses it because she has a biracial son and married a black man. Newsflash, sleeping with and marrying a black man does not make you a black person. Getting along with black people does not make you a black person. Going to jail and getting along with black women does not make you a black person. Having a biracial son who looks black does not make you a black person. The fact that you can’t understand that there is more to blackness than struggling and oppression is racism. The fact that you believe that being cool with black people, having a black husband and a biracial son gives you the right to use the N word is racism. If a group of people from another race and culture told me not to use a word, I’m not going to use it. That’s called respect. But you choose to use the word anyway because you lack common decency. Your disrespectful sense of entitlement shows that you don’t even truly respect black people. You just want to be hip and that’s why you say the N word. It’s truly pathetic that so many of you think being black is about struggling, having mixed kids, who you sleep with and saying the N word.

• Caramel Sunshine

November 28, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Straight like That…
        Say it again for the slow one’s in the back.

• Gina Jackson

November 28, 2019 at 11:46 pm

Let me ask you something. If, at 10 – 11 years old, you were dropped off in the middle Moscow & then someone went to find you 35 years later what do you think they would find? A straight up Russian!! I didn’t mean that the ONLY association with black people was suffering, I used those examples because if times are perfect 24 7 what’s hard about that? Who couldn’t live with perfect days, no bad times? I used those particular examples because no one likes times like that, those are the things that could break someone’s spirit. Also if the people I interact with day in & day out CALL ME a n-gga because that is what I am to them, one of them then yes I’m going to say it too. People are sometimes products of their environment. I don’t make the rules but I am definitely the exception to them. I don’t really have anything in common with Mexicans other than being Mexican. After that it’s like night & day. It should also be known that where I’m from we don’t refer to ONLY black men as n-ggas. There’s the Asian n-ggas at the donut shop, the Indian n-ggas at the smoke shop etc. It’s dudes period, not just blacks. So as far as your opinion of me, you’ll have to excuse me if it doesn’t mean a goddamn thing to me because you’re only 2,3 maybe 10 people out of the thousands I’ve come across in my 46 years that accept me for what I am. And that’s one of y’all. Sorry….. No, not sorry if you have an issue with it call me 909-371-7342 the names Gina, like Damn Gina!!

• Tasha

November 29, 2019 at 6:24 am

Your self hate does not make you black. Just because you aren’t proud to be Mexican doesn’t change the fact that you’re still Mexican. You’re another Rachel Dolezal as far as I’m concerned. You think loving what you think is the black culture and hating your own changes your race. It doesn’t. You’re completely delusional. You will never be black and you’ll never be in the right to use the N word. Any black person who has no problem with you using the word is ignorant, lacks self awareness, lacks knowledge of our history, and lacks pride. It’s so corny that disrespectful people like you feel being black is about being hood and using the N word.

• Gina Jackson

November 30, 2019 at 7:23 am

Man miss me with that sh-t! Every person I know is completely proud of who & what they are, you’re just used to what you’ve been exposed to. Ignorance from non black races. I could really tell you some things but I won’t waste any more of my time. So you have a good day also

• O-La

November 30, 2019 at 8:36 am

Well said Tasha!

• Tasha

November 30, 2019 at 9:42 am

No ma’am. I’ll say it again, no black person who truly knows all of our history and loves themselves would be okay with you using the N word. Remember water seeks its own level. Like attracts like. You hate yourself so you attract others who hate themselves. You tell me that I’m just used to what I’ve been exposed to which you say is the ignorance of non black races. The funny thing is that’s exactly what you’ve been displaying in these comments. Your lack of self awareness is mind blowing. Again, your self hate does not and will never make you black.

• Tasha

November 30, 2019 at 9:43 am

Hey O-La! I haven’t seen you on here in a while. I hope your holiday was a great one.

• Fanny

November 28, 2019 at 11:53 am

You’re like Lily and think you’re a bad a-s. Just remember that it’s always someone bigger and badder than you. One day you’re going to say that word around the right person.

• Camille Ward

November 28, 2019 at 1:04 pm

I wished i was around her I’d dare her to say it. Then throat check her a-s. Take some of that air outta ha chest. Tf is she thinking? Guaranteed if we were still a ppl on the plantation she’d want separation.

• Gina Jackson

November 28, 2019 at 11:51 pm

No Lil Mama that’s what is not going to happen. Lol but it sounded good. I’d make a believer out of you too so quit it.

• Fanny

November 29, 2019 at 9:08 am

You’re another Lily in more ways than one. This comment just further proves that you really do think you’re some bad a-s so you don’t feel like you need to be respectful to another race of people while you try and fail to appropriate our culture. Just like Lily got her just deserts and was fired, you’ll get yours too one day in one way or another.

• Gina Jackson

November 28, 2019 at 11:49 pm

Now that’s where you’re wrong, lol I absolutely do not think I’m a bada-s lol. I just know what I know & in almost 50 years I have yet to meet that one person because they don’t exist. Spend one day with me & you’ll walk away with a whole new understanding

• Fanny

November 29, 2019 at 9:06 am

Nope. I’m not wrong, I’m just intelligent and humble enough to know that anyone can get their a-s whooped. You included. But let me assure you that I would never spend a day with you. I don’t hang around people who don’t respect me or my people.

• Gina Jackson

November 30, 2019 at 7:18 am

Well that’s most definitely YOUR loss, but I know you wouldn’t whoop my a-s so……. Good Day

• Fanny

November 30, 2019 at 8:29 am

Not a loss at all. I gain nothing hanging around people who hate themselves and don’t respect my people. You would add no value to my life. Also, I haven’t fought since I was a kid. Seeing as I’ve worked very hard to get to where I am today, why would I risk it all getting a record over someone like you Gina? Or end up being recorded fighting in some video that can never be scrubbed off the internet? You’re not worth it. Not even a little bit. So continue to brag about your time in prison and street fighting record if you must. Those have never been the type of accomplishments I’ve wanted. Have at it.

• Anonymous

November 28, 2019 at 12:52 pm

And you’re still not black and have no business saying the N word.

• Gina Jackson

November 28, 2019 at 11:53 pm

Well that’s your opinion but you’re mistaken so I really don’t know what to tell you. I’m being honest & it just is what it is. It ain’t my fault

• Anonymous

November 29, 2019 at 10:24 am

These aren’t opinions. What I typed is all facts. You are not black. When you got locked up, the race put in your file was not Black. You are a Mexican woman. That transracial ideology you’re trying to push isn’t real. You will never be black. And since you aren’t, you don’t have a right to use the N word. You only use it because you want to be black. You also have such a limited perspective of blackness that you don’t even realize that all black people don’t even use that word.

• Gina Jackson

November 30, 2019 at 7:16 am

I’m fully aware that they don’t all use it, however the people I know & I grew up with do. Regardless you’re going to talk & act & think like that which you grow up with & which you’ve spent a MAJORITY of your life. Everyone is so accepting of a man who says he should have been born a woman, he’s so brave for finally opening up well what’s the f-ckin difference. I wasn’t supposed to be born Mexican that’s it! I know you don’t like it but I can’t help you with that

• lizzy

November 29, 2019 at 10:42 am

You can type all the bullsh-t you want but it won’t change the fact that you are not black. I just find it interesting how hard some Latinos go about using the N word but they feel some type of way if anyone who isn’t Latino uses slurs or their slang to converse with them. Lily’s whole demeanor changed when Van asked her how she would feel if he called her a wet b-ck and sp-c. Like Paul Mooney said, everybody wants to be black but don’t nobody want to be black.

• Gina Jackson

November 30, 2019 at 7:09 am

I don’t take offense if someone says wet b-ck or sp-c. Well wet b-ck a little but only because people from Mexico are wet b-cks, I’m from California so I’m just a chicana. Other than that refer to me however you feel you need to. My skins a little thicker than most. Must be from the people who raised me.

• lizzy

November 30, 2019 at 8:01 am

Your skin ain’t too thick considering all the whining you’re doing on here about how you wish you weren’t born Mexican and how you should be able to use the N word. Maybe you should have been raised to love yourself and your race. I never liked Lily but my goodness you make her actually look decent. At least she is proud of who she is. Oh yeah, and you’re still not black. Nothing you type will ever change that. 🤷🏿‍♀️

19. Cheryl

November 28, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Why constantly repeat a word that is offensive. Lily was wrong. However, there’s a lot of Lily’s out there. Think it’s okay to disrespect and belittle just because. How can one stand together and separated at the same time. Best wishes to VH1 and all the “Black Ink Crew”.

20. Renee Glasco

November 29, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Get rid of all of them. Keep Ryan, Phor, and Don. Get some new blood. Trying to take over and tell someone how to run their business. Charmaine is such a common sl-t. I couldn’t embarrass my parents carrying on the way she does.