LHHMIA Star Trina Gets Backlash for Rant Amid Protests for George Floyd

LHHMIA Star Trina Gets Backlash for Rant Amid Protests for George Floyd

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

“Love And Hip Hop Miami” star Trina is currently getting a lot of backlash on social media. This is due to the things she said recently on her morning radio show with Trick Daddy.

They discussed the protests and riots that have taken place as a response to George Floyd’s death.

And while Trick tried to explain to Trina that she’s taking things too personally amid a movement that is working towards ending police brutality of black people, Trina would not back down.

She had a lot to say and she was very critical. People aren’t happy with what she had to say either.

June 3, 2020 at 8:42 am

We tried to tell people Trina was problematic months ago but her stans refused to see it. Anyway, I think she needs therapy. She’s full of rage.

• Whew

June 3, 2020 at 9:01 am

Right. We were just on here talking about how foul it was for her to call innocent kids dirty on TV because she was mad at their mother and so many were defending her back then. Now look at this. When people show you who they are, you have to believe them. This is why stan culture must die. People need to stop trying to defend and go hard for people they don’t know. As we can see here with Trina, that kind of love won’t be returned. Trina threw black people under the bus even though black people are the majority of her fanbase.

• Chiamaka Young

June 3, 2020 at 9:09 am

Exactly

• Lanae

June 3, 2020 at 8:07 pm

I didn’t see the video with her talkin but from what i read so far about her comments i can actually say she not sayin it like she do not care about what happened to George what she sayin is anybodi that passes away you cant bring them back cause trick daddy made a common in said you cant bring back lives she sayin you cant even if it was a black man killin another black man she sayin with all this protestin they need to jus give that police the deaf penalty she sayin instead of keepin this protestin goin cause stuff is getin crazier with ppl don alot of stuff in she also sayin that some ppl ned to stop actin like they care now that i dont respect when she said that but yeah the rest of the things she said i dont think she was sayin it like she do not care

• ReRe

June 3, 2020 at 10:47 pm

I’m very disappointed in Trina! She use to be my girl. I will no longer watch LHHM. She is a total disgrace. SMDH Trick steady trying to play Captain Save a H-e! You might not be able to save her this time!!! Pitiful

• PJ

June 3, 2020 at 10:42 pm

She’s not the Queen of Miami, she’s the Queen of Trash for those Comments. And the way to show her is not buying anything she promotes, music, clothing , Jewelry etc. Because to her material things means more than anyone life. Joseline is more of the Queen of Miami. take a Seat.

• Chi Town

June 4, 2020 at 1:05 pm

I agree . I use to like her too. What I don’t like is if she is having problems with what is going on then keep that among her people not say it out loud so others can twist it around to something very negative. And most of her fan base is black. But like I always say you cannot change a person heart condition. She showing you her true self. If we haven’t learned anything ,we should know weather you black or white ,Asian, Chinese, etc. if you don’t like black people or your own kind, then we need to stop spending our money and time on these people. If you not with us then you are against us. Period!

• Liz

June 3, 2020 at 9:07 am

Yeah I’m def not excusing these dumb a-s comments BUT I do understand she’s still grieving the deaths of her mother and brother. So therapy is a must. She’s not doing okay and it shows.

• Denise

June 3, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Trina is full of ignorance.

2. Miss Morgan

June 3, 2020 at 8:45 am

So is Suki going to call Trina out like she just did Shekinah? I have a feeling she won’t.

June 3, 2020 at 8:48 am

She sounds really ignorant.

4. Renee

June 3, 2020 at 8:50 am

Trina isn’t making since. She’s acting like this isn’t a real problem people getting killed and mistreated by the police. I don’t agree with the looting and destroying property. I think it diminishes the point we are trying to make. Also four destroying places you have needs for. Our community will not recover.

• Michelle

June 3, 2020 at 7:13 pm

Trina shut yo tied a-s up. U sad b-tch..

• Yolanda mcgee

June 3, 2020 at 8:17 pm

You said a mouth full honey 👍👍👍

• chantaey

June 4, 2020 at 2:20 am

You can always tell sooner or later when somebody seem like “US” but got them non-black-american hate-roots in they family background!Witch!

5. Nessa

June 3, 2020 at 8:56 am

I wish black people would stop buying into the black on black crime narrative and actually do some research. The ghetto in itself is a product of white supremacy. And now it’s used today to shut black people up when we fight against racism and ending police brutality. Trina is such a huge disappointment. I haven’t liked her behavior on LHHMIA as of late either.

• Oprah's Wig

June 3, 2020 at 9:15 am

I’ve been reading some interesting books about how things were for our ancestors after slavery and it’s been eye opening for me. The projects definitely have a purpose and mental conditioning is one of those purposes.

• Lele

June 3, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Thank you Nessa. You are absolutely correct. They always bring up Chicago, and the Black on Black crime, which is B.S. Most if those killings are done by White People. Our people need to do their own research. Most of the killings are drive-by’s with no one captured, with all those street cameras, “yeah right.” This is because they don’t want to incarcerate their own, especially behind a Black person. They say “good riddance.” You all need to wake up.

• Sharon ford

June 3, 2020 at 6:00 pm

When her album drop boycott black people should not support this woman she is ignorant to the core

6. Viv

June 3, 2020 at 9:16 am

Disgusting comments. Trina should be ashamed of herself. This is the time that we need to all come together and be on the same page.

7. My 2 Cents

June 3, 2020 at 9:20 am

Trick tried to save her multiple times but she insisted on saying this foolishness anyway.

8. Valerie

June 3, 2020 at 9:44 am

This is the same chick who argued for nonblacks to use the N word. So none of this surprises me.

• Shiela

June 7, 2020 at 3:44 pm

Exactly where was all this energy towards Veronica Vega

9. Mona

June 3, 2020 at 9:58 am

Even though some of us know that it’s not just black people looting, I doubt Trina knows that, so the likelihood of it being black people she’s calling animals here is pretty high. And that’s very despicable.

10. CiCi

June 3, 2020 at 10:06 am

Didn’t a white lady just call Trina the N word not too long ago at Walmart? Oh.

• Yolanda Mcgee

June 3, 2020 at 11:21 am

She sure did why is she acting like that and they call her the queen of Miami

11. Mo

June 3, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Trina’s career is dead and to be honest we don’t need her support. TRINA is nothing more then a D list celebrity. TRINA is canceled

12. LaQuetta Ward

June 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm

I’m a big Trina fan so hearing her be so careless about not only a life but black people’s civil liberties is disappointing to me. Yes it’s messed up that people are rioting and looting but at the end of the day people are tired of this happening. Material things can be replaced but a life is priceless has she really gotten that out of touch that she can’t see that.

13. Tiffani Young

June 3, 2020 at 4:52 pm

uh Trina 4 you to say no one cared about George Floyd is troubling. You wouldn’t have known him If he had not been killed. Second, everyone doesn’t need to be penalized for curfew when the ones that are looting and vandalized need to be caught. This country has been under stress from this coronavirus pandemic

14. Isha Frazier

June 3, 2020 at 5:28 pm

I’m so sick of Sour P-ss…Sit Down & Go Heal!!!! Like, I get some of what she’s saying to a certain extent, but in the same breath White People taught us how to burn sh-t down. Material things can be replace a humans life CAN’T. We can’t tell people how to react to this UNJUST country

15. Kay

June 4, 2020 at 9:23 am

GIRL READ A BOOK!
    WHAT’S WRONG?
    WHO HIRED YOU?
    WHEN YOU BEGIN CALLING BLACK FOLKS ANIMALS ALL RESPECT IS LOST FOR YOU SISTER!
    PLEASE BRING SOMEONE ON THE RADIO WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT THIS MOVEMENT MEANS AND REPRESENTS.
    THIS LADY IS OUT OF ORDER SEND HER TO THE QUEENS COURT……

• Keyana

June 5, 2020 at 12:19 am

WHATS SO SICK TO ME IS SHES SAYING SHE HAS HER LICENSE AND REGISTRATION. THE DUMDEST SH-T SHE COULDVE SAID. I HAD THE NERVE TO BE A FAN FROM THE. BEGINING. I HOPE THEY CANCEL HER DUMD A-S. MAYBE SHE NEED TO GO LOOK UP BLACK WALLSTREET. SHE TOO F-CKIN VAIN FOR ME. SHE’S DEFINITELY EXPOSING HER TRUE SELF MORE AND MORE. SHE JUST AIN’T RIGHT WITH IN

16. BIG GIRL

June 4, 2020 at 10:27 am

TRINA HAS FORGOTTEN WHERE SHE CAME FROM, SIS WILL ALWAYS BE BLACK SO LETS NOT FORGET THAT, 99 JAMS MADE A MISTAKE WHEN THEY HIRED U, I CAN BARELY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY ON THE RADIO BECAUSE YOU SPEAK SO FAST. IT DOESN’T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENCE TO HOST A RADIO STATION JUST A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, SO WHATS YOUR ISSUE. i DON’T AGREE WITH THE LYRICS U SAID AND SOMETIMES U NEED TO THINK BEFORE TALKING CAUSE WHEN ITS OUT ITS A RAP, OUT OF ALL PEOPLE U SHOULD KNOW WORDS HURT LIKE H-LL AND HAVE EMPATHY FOR FOLKS BUT SOMETIMES WE LET MONEY AND MATERIAL THINGS DEFINE WHO WE ARE AND IN THE MIDST OF IT ALL YOU LOOSE YOUR DIGNITY, SELF WORTH AND ALL YOUR SUPPORTERS, AND LETS NOT FORGET EVEN ANIMAL LIVES MATTER CANT U SEE HOW MUCH PEOPLE CHERISH THEM, GOOD LUCK MOVING FORWARD ONLY TIME CAN HEAL U WITH THE PUBLIC EYE

17. Lias dobor

June 4, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Animals are humans that do anything for a dollar, protesting is necessary, looting is wrong but you Cuban, African Americans are not animals cause they looting,people dont know what to do to stop the killings by cops,yes the black on black killings has to stop too,but I dare you calling our kings n queens animals??? Who do you think you are hot girl????

18. Rks

June 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Trina is right. Where is Black Lives Matter and Al Sharpton and the protesters when black people kill each other everyday?? Black people are burning down and destroying their own neighborhoods 🤦🏾A man was killed and what do black people do ? Go out to steal sneakers and clothes ???? Smfh!!

• Jay

June 12, 2020 at 6:25 pm

Thank you for those comments. So tried of the bull. These people are here looting and destroying buildings. When I saw this on tv I so embarrassed to be a black person. Thanks to n-ggas acting like they always do makes it hard for blacks that are trying to do something with their lives. Now I feel uncomfortable at my job because I am the only black on my team. Nothing is going to change when acting like a d-mn fool. I feel the same about most of what Trina said. One thing about black is that We don’t want to hear the truth, just want to keep blaming the white man for the reason you have nothing. All of these famous blacks who marched with you, donot give a d-mn about you. Guess what they are going home to their nice homes. They don’t have to worry about a cop going upside their heads.

19. Sandra

June 6, 2020 at 8:00 pm

I’m calling on everyone, please stop patronizing this woman’s brand. She ignorant, selfish, a friend to no one, heart of stone and anti black. GEORGE FLOYD, A BLACK MAN was killed by the police and basically what’s she’s saying is he’s dead and gone get over it with no empathy or sympathy at all for his love ones. Who give a damn about money at this time when you have black people out hear protesting the only way they know how they don’t have her money or successful platform. They didn’t have MLK to show them direction and whether you know it or not, there were white people out there looting and blaming it on the black protestors. They were out there writing stuff like down with whitey and black lives matter on businesses that they were looting, face covered and entire head covered matter of fact some black women told them don’t do that, that is not what this protest is about, yet they went block to block doing that shtt. Trina has the nerve to talk down about them and what they stand for saying her friends building was looted and her friend DONT have no money like I do was her exact words. If Trina was a friend then she would have her friends back like what friends do for each other. Who are you to call them animals that need to be in the zoo if, she weren’t so ignorant she would have been helpful to the cause because of her status but no she condemned them. You are a one hit wonder and to keep yourself relevant you go and joined love and hip hop. Well, love and hip hop is my show but because you are a part of that, I WILL NO LONGER BE AN AVID FAN TO THIS SHOW AGAIN. There is no apology that she could offer that will be accepted because like she said on air to trick daddy I’m ready this morning and I know exactly what I’m gonna say. That’s what she said, my rebuttal is I know exactly what I’m gonna do and that means no more using my time to view your show that she is apart of. See what has happened is she’s forgotten where she came from and when that happens you are doomed for failure. So, there is no more catching I will do, I will back up and let her fall face first to the concrete. She’s one of those dizzy blondes that people talk about that dont have a clue to what life is about Nor do they give a damn. Patronizing Trina’s brand is a thing of the past and if enough people follow their hearts when it comes to her selfish a$$, success and money will not be in her future. ENOUGH SAID AND DONE ON THE TOPIC OF TRINA….TRINA WHO? PERIOD

20. Andrea Turner

June 7, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Trina has a right to say what she feels but somethings should be said in private and that was one of them Trina you said you have a drivers license and registration just in case your stopped by the police due me a favor take that and your unbothered A-s and swim to the island your family is from and stay there since your so p-ssed off