Quantcast
Erica Mena Responds After She's Called out for Not Wearing Wedding Ring Amid Speculation

Urban Belle Magazine

Erica Mena Responds After She’s Called out for Not Wearing Wedding Ring Amid Speculation

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Erica’s love life has played out on LHHNY.

Love And Hip Hop New York” star Erica Mena rose to fame for her transparency. Over the years, she’s never missed an opportunity to speak her mind. At times, this would lead to feuds with other cast members. But Erica never shied away from this. Nor has she ever backed down from a fight. So she quickly became one of the most visible people from the New York cast.

So it’s no surprise that she’s been very open about her love life.

She’s had ups and downs. And her two failed romances with Rich Dollaz and Cyn Santana resulted in memorable moments on the show.

However, she found what she felt was a forever kind of love with Safaree Samuels. Safaree pursued Erica for years. And they got to know each other a lot more while filming “Scared Famous.” Fast forward to now, and the LHHNY stars are married with a baby girl.

Folks are speculating about Erica and Safaree’s marriage.

Interestingly enough, the happy couple has now been the target of a lot of rumors and speculation. And recently, some were beginning to suspect that they may be on the rocks. This is just one year into their marriage. All of this started to build after people noticed a few things on social media.

And Erica has noticed.

So when someone recently pointed out that Erica wasn’t wearing her wedding ring, she responded.

1. k. Martin

September 26, 2020 at 8:09 am

Uh Yeah. You’re married why would you ever want to take your ring off except to be cleaned. Idk with these new day marriages. When a ring comes off its usually a problem or someone is cheating. Not giving their fingers a break

• Natasha

September 26, 2020 at 10:20 am

Like for real. I’ve never heard a more dumb question being asked… “Am I supposed to wear it in the house too?” I have never seen anyone take their engagement or wedding ring off because they’re “in the house” what the h-ll? I could see if it’s being cleaned or possibly irritating the finger due to a rash or something but I know taking off the ring is a no-no. Also fans that follow them and act as though they really live in their shoes would assume there is trouble because they also know you don’t take a wedding ring off. Regardless of this love and hip hop marriage, they’re STUCK because they now have a child involved.

• Cathy Nathaniel

September 29, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Yep I keep my on all day even in the house. So there and stop denying it. You’re separated so stop lying and be real.

September 26, 2020 at 8:50 am

I barely take mine off but I understand everyone is different.

3. Natasha

September 26, 2020 at 10:13 am

Um that is the point of the ring right?! Erica nor Safaree pay my bills so how they live or wear the rings or nah isn’t my business, but in my opinion yes chick. You wear the ring at ALL times unless you’re getting it cleaned or adding on something. What a stupid question. But who am I? This is a love and hip hop marriage. Is it even real???? Lol let’s start there…

4. keeshberry

September 26, 2020 at 10:21 am

Listen I believe yall are a beautiful couple but a newly married one so your still learning each other on some level things won’t always be peaches and cream but work through it your both worth each other, get through whatever storm your going through don’t allow BS to break you up your love is much stronger for each other than that blessings to you both @ericamena

• Kash Monet

September 28, 2020 at 4:39 am

Indeed. I agree completely. Marriage is what you make of it. It wont be laughs and giggles everyday,but one thing is certain. “Love Conquers All.” Many blessings to.you both Erica and Safaree. Stay strong, and trie to each other.#Onelove

5. Mo

September 26, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Reading a lot of insecure comments from women. It is ok to take your ring off at home ladies!!

• Mrs Glover

September 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm

I agree that it is okay take your ring off in the house. We are married regardless. If we are relaxing, cleaning, working out in the house, or sleeping our rings come off. Our love and security goes beyond a ring.

Let’s be clear, we make sure they are on when we step out of the house out of respect and love but when we’re relaxing we do as we please. We are rock solid!

At the end of the day it’s not cool to pass judgment on what another couple is comfortable with. If their way doesn’t work for you, it’s cool, don’t do it. But let’s stop judging one another and assuming things ladies for real. Life is short, enjoy it. 😊

6. Dee

September 26, 2020 at 12:18 pm

After a while you forget you even have the ring on. I know I do! 😂

• Ruthy

September 27, 2020 at 8:59 am

A ring the size of Erica’s I doubt you would forget you have it on.

7. Diva

September 26, 2020 at 12:28 pm

I’m surprised Erica ever takes her ring off considering how much she brags about being married. This woman walks wearing a necklace that says “wife” on it for crying out loud. Her identity is her relationship status so yeah…this is very surprising.

8. Looloo

September 26, 2020 at 1:05 pm

I actually find it more are alarming they don’t follow each other on social media…. that for me is a huge red flag. I know in this day and age people feel differently about rings but I haven’t taken mine off on 40 years

9. Tea

September 26, 2020 at 1:38 pm

I think these two are fine. They just fought over that disastrous home renovation and Erica being the passionate Scorpio she is blocked him on Instagram 🤷🏾‍♀️.