Quantcast
Dawn Robinson Quits R&B Divas, Ex-Husband Puts Her on Blast

Reality TV

‘R&B Divas LA’ Star Dawn Robinson Quits Show, Ex-Husband Puts Her on Blast

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Dawn Robinson quits R&B Divas LA? As with most reality shows, the consensus amongst the networks is the more controversy, the higher the ratings. TV One’s hit show “R&B Divas Atlanta” is the reason the network went forward with a spinoff in Los Angeles, and if you’ve been watching the show then you know “R&B Divas LA” is not without the drama. As we reported recently, both cast members Dawn Robinson and Kelly Price are not happy with how the show turned out in its first season, and both have been saying in their interviews that the producers are the ones who created the drama because they were so desperate for ratings. Regardless, Kelly Price looks like the season’s biggest bully, and she claims she was only doing what she was asked by the producers.

Interestingly enough, part one of the reunion has already aired, but Dawn Robinson was not in attendance. Dawn recently took to her Twitter account to tell her supporters why she decided against attending the reunion. She tweets:

Tweeties, most of u already heard that I did NOT do the reunion, (((GASP))) lol! Ppl act like I missed the 2nd coming of Christ lol! I didnt do it bcuz I dont do bufoonery. I get enuff of that here on my page everyday! Thx 4 understanding…DEETS coming soon xo!

She then tweeted to fans that she will not be returning for season two of “R&B Divas LA”:

In my 23 years of being an entertainer, I have never seen THIS kind of evil so Im really cool on season 2.

Interestingly enough, Dawn’s ex-husband Dre Allen says she was actually fired from the show and told not to show up to the reunion by TV One because he was getting ready to sue the network for defamation. According to his Facebook post, Dawn allegedly lied about him abusing her and the network opted to sever ties with Dawn in order to prevent the lawsuit from happening. He writes:

While I WAS taking legal action against Comcast, TV One, and the producers of R & B Divas LA, I had time to view the entire season and have decided against it. While my case was certain everything is not always about money. The conduct I witnessed on the show merely discredited the allegations against me and towards the end of the season after I brought up my concerns to the producers by email, certain actions took place and the offending party was removed from the show and the taping of the reunion show.I feel properly vindicated enough to rethink my filing of the lawsuit and move on with my life. I hope my ex wife is able to move on and find happiness without the need to ever slander me again and I wish her every bit of luck in doing so.

1. Yeah I Said It!

September 6, 2013 at 7:49 pm

This woman is a nut job.

2. Tasha

September 6, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I don’t understand why Kelly and Dawn are complaining about the producers like they didn’t see what happened on R&B Divas ATL. They should have known what they signed up for.

• Veronica

September 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Agreed.

September 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

It’s hard for me to feel sorry for anyone who does a reality show. Every one of these stupid shows survives off of drama. The producers will do whatever it takes to get ratings. If you can’t handle that, don’t do reality TV.

4. Posha

September 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm

A Hot mess!

5. Morgan

September 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Didn’t she cause all that drama in En Vogue? I don’t think I can take her seriously.

6. CiCi

September 6, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Dawn is so dramatic. What did she think was going to happen on the show? They would build a sisterhood? Girl please. TV One wants ratings by any means necessary.

September 6, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Deuces!

8. Barbee

September 6, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Dawn has some issues!

9. Michelle

September 6, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Andre must’ve hired a really good legal team to have Dawn removed from the show.

10. Lydia

September 6, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Dawn needs some help. She shouldn’t have lied on that man. She’s saying the producers are doing dirty things for ratings but she’s lying to have a storyline on the show. Did she even want to have a baby or was that just an act too?

September 6, 2013 at 8:02 pm