'Greenleaf' Recap: Kerissa Comes Clean to Jacob + Charity Gets Played

‘Greenleaf’ Recap: Kerissa Comes Clean to Jacob + Charity Gets Played

Greenleaf Season 4 Episode 10 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On tonight’s “Greenleaf” season finale, everything comes tumbling down for the family. Phil seemingly gets Charity to side with Harmony and Hope at a board meeting.  Phil also asks for her hand in marriage.

Meanwhile, AJ returned to let Grace know he’s turning himself in to police and there’s nothing she can do about it. Sophia’s relationship with Zora’s fractured but she grows closer to Dante.

Lastly, Jacob wants a divorce after contracting an STD from Kerissa. However, she stands her ground with possible proof of James’ dark past.

Here’s the recap for, “Gratitude.”

1. DeeSan

November 6, 2019 at 8:34 am

The young man who appeared at the end of the show is ” The Real AJ”
    Isn’t this the second affair Kerissa has had?
    Good enough for Charity!!!.blood is thicker than water….should have listened to daddy ( Bishop)given her naive record with relationships. Moving too fast Sophia!

• Smdh74

November 6, 2019 at 10:08 am

Horrible writing awful season finale. Wtf is going on??? Where did that dude come from? He just shows up on the property!

• Judas in a bad pant suit

November 6, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Agreed – it’s like the scriptwriters went on holiday and the relief staff finished it off the best they could.

• Deborah Dozier

November 7, 2019 at 3:17 pm

I agree. For this show as the season finale and all the drama going on in this seasin, this episode was disappointing. Yes, Sophia needs to slow it down. But looking forward to better in 2020.

• eliades Cortez

November 7, 2019 at 5:33 pm

I have 2 assumptions. The young man can be the real AJ or the young man can be an angel. Who knows??

• Mz Kay

November 8, 2019 at 2:19 am

Maybe Faith had a child?

• Destaney Knight

December 20, 2019 at 12:38 pm

• Dawn

January 6, 2020 at 1:55 pm

The young man is the person that robbed the store and is setting AJ up or making him take the fall

• Brenda Mason

November 9, 2019 at 6:47 am

I first thought that it was the real AJ because of stolen identity; but I was reminded that Grace went to the Halfway house and met AJ. Surely, the prison system would have the correct picture and name.

• Valerie

November 10, 2019 at 11:40 am

True, but who’s to say AJ is really the name of her son? How would she know his name unless she named him? Sounds like she just gave him up at birth.

• Teeo

November 10, 2019 at 1:21 pm

People, seriously? That dude is the Angel of Death. Here’s why: 1. He appeared out of nowhere and knew Faith and that faith was Grace’s sister. 2. He had already came for Faith and knew Grace’s name and she never even told him. 3. He told her, “Everything has an expiration date, everything!” Death is when a person expires. 4. He seemed to know his way around the premises, as if he’s been there before (Obviously when he came for faith). He even, in a sarcastic way, thanked her for the directions, as if he even needed them…lol. The only question left is, who is he there for?

• Angel Garner

November 10, 2019 at 1:33 pm

I believe he is the angel of death as well. I believe he was there for AJ. Hence the reason why he looked like AJ, as if he was there to show her who was next. I think that AJ was running from something as to why he always needed money and why he stole the prescriptions. I think AJ wanted to turn himself in, so he’d be safe.

• Kay

November 6, 2019 at 5:04 pm

I agree! Terrible ending to a terrible season! If this show comes back next season y’all writers need to do better

• Rashanda Moore

November 7, 2019 at 2:18 am

I’m so happy. Phil shutted down or socked it to Charity her family tried to tell her bit she wouldn’t listen. She gave him all family secrets & sbe slept wit him only to get her bibble burst cause now he is marrying Bob’s daughter. I want Kerisha to be next in line to get her bubble busted. She didnt jave to do Jacob lile that or his family.

• Judas in a bad pant suit

November 7, 2019 at 7:45 am

Yep Charity got her comeuppance alright

• Leen

November 7, 2019 at 6:36 pm

I think he is the real AJ

• Jurlene Howell

November 18, 2019 at 3:18 pm

True the ending was ok. But the whole season was too corrupt and far fetched compared to the previous ones

• Erica Bradbury

November 7, 2019 at 1:30 am

Could be an Angel or Grace’s real son.

• EB

November 7, 2019 at 1:34 am

Also, maybe she has twins, a good son and a bad son.

• Valton

November 7, 2019 at 4:03 pm

That’s what I’m thinking…twins

• anonymous

December 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm

how would she have had twins? she would have known if she birthed one or two children

• PJ

November 7, 2019 at 6:27 am

I think that the mystery man at the end of the episode was an angel because he told her twice the message “everything has an expiration date”. That was GOD’S answer to her.

• Jameslyn

November 8, 2019 at 5:54 am

Maybe Faith had a son?!?!

• Angela Dawson

November 7, 2019 at 9:15 am

Love this show its real in home and in church! People are not real in church all they want is people money, so they live luxury life of other peoples money is so say it! Oh God requires to pay your tithing offer but they have that grieve instead of in the church. Also is clicks in a church they have to pay money in those I don’t pay money they leave them for her and God going to do it when he comes back.

• SixxFtr

November 11, 2019 at 1:45 am

What?!

• Ann

November 7, 2019 at 1:01 pm

I think it’s grace real son too that came to faith grave site. Remember she said it’s something else going on with AJ. I think he stole her Son identity.

• Cobee

November 11, 2019 at 4:04 am

Umhmm.. I was thinking that too. That he’s grace real son and the other boy is a fake!!

• Roxanne Stover

November 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Thats what im thinking as well.he may be an angel or her son.people steal peoples identity all the time

• Kim t

December 12, 2019 at 6:02 pm

I think A.J. was raped in prison, got AIDS, and this dude is either his rapist or blackmailing A.J. A.J. kept saying he has EVERYTHING done to him.Hes afraid to tell Grace because of her religious family and background.

• Leesh

November 8, 2019 at 10:53 pm

I thought it was God because she had just been praying. When she asked him if he was lost he said no.

• Felicia

December 13, 2019 at 8:34 am

I think that AJ in the last scene is an angel or God. When she gave him directions at the end, she directed him towards the road that would take him to the GATE. Could that be the gates to heaven? Another interesting scene with the original AJ was when they stood in the hallway at the church and all the congregation came out and walked around as if Grace and AJ were not even standing there. She had just announced that she was stepping down from the church and now she is with some strange kid in the hallway and no one stops to say anything to her. Interesting…

• Kim

December 13, 2019 at 10:53 am

Now that I think about it, you may be right. So why was the second guy different if A.J. is dead? Why not just use the same character?

• Marlana

December 17, 2019 at 2:46 pm

What if the pills are really his and he didn’t steal them. Why did he look at his hand that way, while saying, “by this time tomorrow none of this will matter anyway (something similar)” and “somethings you don’t get to know.” He meant something other than him turning himself in…..that moment on the balcony by the lake has more to do with that ending, Faith and the other gravestone and the guy that looks like AJ and knows everything about Faith, knew Grace’s name and birthdate. What gave him cause to guess her birthday – so random. AJ went into the forest alone, what did he do in the forest? That ‘random’ figure came out of the forest, but the property is not accessible…. Grace asked him, how did he get onto the property…hmmmm

• Marlana

December 17, 2019 at 2:50 pm

I’m sorry I veered. What if he knew his time was limited anyway and the pills were actually his…what if he felt like he knew his life had an “expiration date” in the near future, so what difference would anything (his life) make if it was going to keep Grace and her daughter together…

• James C Mcgee

November 7, 2019 at 1:54 am

I feel you on that ,how can they just end it like that to keep us waiting for next year.

• Que

November 7, 2019 at 10:13 pm

I can’t stand Chlam-issa(Kerrisa.) She only married Jacob because of his last name. That’s why she would never file for divorce no matter how much he cheated. She just knew he would be bishops predecessor, and then GiGi comes back. Jacob would be crazy if he let’s her get away with what she is doing. Jesus can you please be antibiotic.

As far as Charity she dumber than dumb. She was so crazy about Phil he could have taken a dump in her mouth and told her it was brownies and she would believe it. Then her little speech to her mama right before he told her he was marrying Judy was everything. I guess pride really does come right before the fall.

• T.T

November 8, 2019 at 12:39 am

DLMAO yes that heffa got EXACTLY what she deserves, I can’t stand how dumb she is. O an that cheating heffa Clarissa got it too.. Can’t wait till next season tho..

• Greenleaf Fan

November 8, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Hahahaha!!!! You are hilarious!

• veronica

January 1, 2020 at 6:36 pm

I enjoyed the show. Can’t get enough of Greenleaf.

• Rachael

January 19, 2020 at 6:02 am

I beleive that the young man at the end of the episode is the real A.J and the kid pretending to be her son murdered the real AJ and stole his identity and that was him as an angle at the end of the season finale

• Kia

January 20, 2020 at 3:34 am

The finale was good they have everyone in suspense like they are supposed to

• Dee

November 7, 2019 at 3:34 am

I think the man at the end was the real AJ. Charity played herself. I think the writing team definitely needs to step it up. Kinda all over the place/not tying up loose ends and coming off very much like a soap opera.

• Lady t

November 7, 2019 at 5:07 pm

Could it be faith son?

• Rose Josema

November 7, 2019 at 9:08 pm

I read on another site a great interpretation of the last scene. What if the real AJ is dead because he died and prison and the fake AJ was his cell mate. The fake AJ might be an imposter and has taken over the identity of the real AJ. I think he’s way over his head now and he’s having remorse about everything that he’s doing. I can’t wait until season five because I’m left with too many unanswered questions.

• Jhane

January 20, 2020 at 9:36 am

Remember how much research he did on the green leaf family before coming back? Very odd as well… maybe…

• Raquel

December 9, 2019 at 4:21 am

I think the guy at the end is the real AJ. I think the fake AJ is terminally ill (AIDS?), hence the reason why he robbed a pharmacy, he needed the meds he takes to be ok. If you look at him, he looks sick.
          Just bc AJ contacted I believe the two “AJs” probably concked a plan while in jail and realized that there were money to be made blackmailing Grace. Claiming to be her son and playing on her desire to do the right thing.

• YouSeeStephaniecollins

December 9, 2019 at 10:52 pm

I felt the same way.he has aids that was my first thought

• Jacque

November 7, 2019 at 12:45 pm

I think the man at the end is AJ , he’s not real just a sign , it’s the same thing that happened after Mack died he was appeaed to her also.

• Phyllis davis

November 7, 2019 at 8:44 pm

That’s what I thought too

• Candy Samuel

November 7, 2019 at 3:13 pm

I love love love this show!!

• Mekel

November 7, 2019 at 5:43 pm

That’s what i said that’s the real AJ.. I didn’t know carissa had a affair before.. I’m so glad charity punk azz got played

• Anita

November 7, 2019 at 11:07 pm

I think the guy at the end is the real AJ. But who had the fake AJ say he was her son. Shoyld have known something was up because he came out of nowhere.

• Monique McCall

November 24, 2019 at 3:51 am

I think the man at the end is the angel of death warning of another death. I think that death is supposed to be AJ. I think he plans to commit suicide with the pills he stole. He kept telling Grace and Sophia that they soon would not have to worry about him. I first thought Grace was being visited by God but could not get past the fact that he was dressed in all black including a hood (hoodie) like death is often depicted and appeared to Grace at a grave site.

• Lisa

November 24, 2019 at 10:46 am

I agree!

• Leo

December 28, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Seriously you guys can’t figure the guy at the end out? Obviously being almost identical to AJ this is THE GUY WHO ROBBED THE PHARMACY!! He has come to exonerate AJ and therefore GRACE too! This is why AJ keeps saying he will turn himself in tommorow??

• T

December 30, 2019 at 11:29 pm

I think it’s the opposite. I think the guy at the end is the real AJ or his ghost and the one that “turned himself in” really was the one who stole the drugs but he’s not the real AJ. He stole AJ’s identity.

2. Powers

November 6, 2019 at 9:01 am

Very disappointed with the writers very negative image of the black church.

• Moe

November 10, 2019 at 1:26 am

This doesn’t show black churches negatively. It shows that everyone’s personal walk with God is perfectly imperfect. His design is perfect and we are the one’s who are not. Any church could have corruption in it. If white ppl wanted to make a show like this, they could and they do. That’s why there are so many black and white “versions” of movies and TV shows. Bottom line, shhhh.

• Samantha Jones

November 12, 2019 at 8:24 am

Did you see any of the episodes with Bob who is white and wayyyy more corrupt than the blacks?

• Shada Williams

November 12, 2019 at 11:27 pm

I agree

November 6, 2019 at 10:27 am

Who was the guy @ the end Grace was talking to? Charity got what u deserve. Kerissa u got what u deserve NO STDs is funny. Mae u should have listen to the Bishop.

4. SCcocoprincess

November 6, 2019 at 10:34 am

I’m so confused on the ending!!! Who was the young man at the end. I thought it was the real AJ also especially the way “AJ” has been acting since Grace has been in contact with him.

5. Stephanie Jones

November 6, 2019 at 10:35 am

Crazy !!!

6. deb dyson

November 6, 2019 at 10:55 am

Both Mae & Charity think they’re so smart. Both should have seen the flags along the way & listened well, they both found out they aren’t the brightest bulb.

• Beverly Wilkins

November 7, 2019 at 8:31 pm

AJ could have aids.. stealing meds to treat himself.. Maybe the stranger was letting Grace know that AJ maybe dying. Kerissa deserves what she got. Mae is going to get fooled just like her daughter.

• SixxFtr

November 11, 2019 at 1:59 am

Yes!! I believe AJ is sick. That’s what he’s hiding.
        IF he stole meds from the pharmacy – they were to treat his illness. But, I really don’t believe it was him.
        I believe the meds Grace’s daughter saw were meds for his actual condition. All she saw were a lot of drugs – we didn’t see a pharmacy name or a person’s name on those drugs.

I think the man at the end was letting her know that AJ is dying.

• Passion

December 8, 2019 at 6:45 pm

I agree but why would he have aids?

• Jennean

November 18, 2019 at 12:13 am

That’s my theory too. . Same thing. Needed meds for aids. He said he’s not a drug addict. And the person at the end was an angel.

7. Gloria Roberts

November 6, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I think the ending leaves a lot to think about. The young man at the end is related to the family and he was the one who robbed the drug store. He could be AJ’s twin! Charity got what she deserved. Mae’s speech was strong regarding hurting one family member is same as hurting the entire family. Family need to stand together on one accord.

• Karen Davis

November 7, 2019 at 12:13 am

AJ robbed the drugstore …remember Sofia found them in his bag?…..ajd i wonder does Dante genuinely like Sofia?

• Dimitri

November 11, 2019 at 1:33 am

Nope! She’s a rebound.

• Kristin

December 17, 2019 at 3:27 am

What I think is odd is that the prescription bottles that were stolen were white pill bottles. The bottles in AJ’s bag were orange pill bottles.

• Ladyj

November 7, 2019 at 9:59 am

The young man at the end is Grace’s son. She does not have twins. And towards the end AJ told Grace you’re going to find out the truth it always comes out at the end. At last charity got exactly what she deserved..

• Leesh

November 8, 2019 at 11:01 pm

Grace only gave up one son for adoption. I think she would know if she had twins. I thought he was a figment if her imagination. The end was weird though. I can’t wait for them to explain what that was all about.

• Leo

December 28, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Why would guy at end be The Angel of Death ? Grace is out there praying long and hard about family, family, family! You think THEN that God sends AOD? C’mon!

8. Gloria Roberts

November 6, 2019 at 12:15 pm

I think Mae is the smartest one with regard to character ..perfect..no but seem to have learned some lessons from her past. James tend to seek retaliation by any means necessary and it appears it has worked for him. Greenleaf is indicative of real life stuff in the family and churches. It’s fascinating and we all can pick a character we resemble. I enjoy this show and it’s entertaining and leaves me with food for thought about life in general.

• Anita Covington

November 6, 2019 at 1:20 pm

I agree with Gloria. Actually, the rise and fall of the Greenleaf family is tramatic. The young man, dressed in black, interrupted Grace’s prayer to remind her that everything comes to an end. But, in Christ there’s everlasting life… the Greenleaf’s have been brought to their knees seeking God.
      And, we must remember that in the book of Job, Santan attacked him … he LOST everything, but God blessed him and restored all that he had and more abundantly

• Dimitri

November 11, 2019 at 1:35 am

Bravo!

9. Carl D Russell

November 6, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Great episode. Obviously the guy ant the end was the real AJ. That would explain a lot. Ms.Winans had a break out interesting season. Poo Poo on those who think this show reflects badly on the black church. This show reflects badly on those whose interests is greed or power.

• Tuawana

November 6, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Well said!

• Helen Ellis

November 6, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Exactly!

• Jacqueline Boyce

November 7, 2019 at 12:17 am

I ageee and it’s fictional after all. Also I think it’s obvious something was up with “AJ” but I do agree Mae is barking up the wrong tree and Charity is naive and desperate for attention abd too old for that behavior

10. Judas in a bad pant suit

November 6, 2019 at 1:08 pm

I love Greenleaf BUT I though this series has been terrible writing. Have the scriptwriters downed tools and let anyone finish it off. There were some great bits and Lady Mae one liners but I think it wasn’t up to normal ‘Greenleaf’ standard. I though we may see Bosse Skanks get what he deserved. Noah made two appearances and apparently he was coming back. Charity was this seasons villain and played it well but I just feel there were so many missed opportunities and what makes Greenleaf great severely lacking. Oh and what’s with the 10 episodes has the budget been cut? and my last gripe…..last but by no means least who TF was the young man at the end wandering aimlessly amongst the Greenleaf estate. A bad pay off considering how much the fans are invested if you ask me. So much so I thought it may be cancelled but it’s coming back for another season so hopefully we’ll get redemption!

11. Dorothy Cunningham

November 6, 2019 at 1:45 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed Greenleaf. My only disappointment is that the the season ended too soon. The acting is fantastic. Looking forward to the next season

• Tuawana

November 6, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I totally agree.

• Jeremy S Wright

November 7, 2019 at 1:53 am

AJ is not that good of an actor… Ijs

• SixxFtr

November 11, 2019 at 2:16 am

Not that good?
        He’s a horrible actor.

I found myself cringing when he returned in the final episode and not wanting to listen to his whining again. Ugh 😩😩😩

The writer’s didn’t do him any justice with the poorly written interactions with Grace …and then her family. Lastly, AJ’s execution of what he had to work with – is just awful.
        He reminded me of someone acting in a high school play.
        I think he was just miscast in this role altogether.

More than likely, he’s related to someone heavily involved in the creation show.

• Annie Thompson

November 7, 2019 at 6:06 am

I agree that the series is too short.can u please extend it so that more “church folk”can get the message that this is real church and this is how hungry greedy officials of the church act.lets us know that playing church is no joke and we really should pay attention to what God is trying to tell us and show us, gain the whole world and lose the soul.Thank you Ms Oprah for this.This show has certainly made a difference in my life.God said in His word that if only One comes to repentance, Heaven rejoices.Please keep show running and maybe other souls will get saved yes through t v.Greed and Power in God’s house? Is your soul really worth it?If so it’s only temporary but the love of God and lifting up your fellow man is life forever.Amen

• Aileen Reed

November 7, 2019 at 6:53 pm

When I googled when will new season start it said wll continue remaining episode’s beginning January 20th. I. Hope so because I diffinely need somextra closure.

12. Kitty

November 6, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I’m at a standstill with this season. I didn’t expect Charity to go against her family for a man but low self esteem will have a woman do some crazy things. Clarissa should have known that when a man steps out on his wife, we as women tend to forgive more easily but if that woman steps out on her man, all bets are off because someone has touched what he feels is his and only his! As for the church issues I don’t like the writing and how it has been scripted. Not because churches don’t have problems but because a white man has come as savior to try to make what we built better as if we did it incorrectly!
    As for AJ and dude at the end, I have no comment.

• Karen Davis

November 7, 2019 at 12:11 am

you said a mouthful about the man and his woman….how she go slap him & walk out..if u got cheat on ur man take cover…she better be glad he didnt snap..but he go come back for her in a bad way

• Beatrice Michel

November 10, 2019 at 9:56 am

The “white man” in this case is not by any means coming in as the savior, he comes in as the typical greedy person or business man who does not help to create but, when something is good or great he comes in to take over or steal it.

13. Linda Reeves

November 6, 2019 at 2:48 pm

I really enjoyed the show this season. Ten episodes is just too short. There is much scandal in any church — black or white. I am perplexed by the AJ look alike. The writing and storyline is juicy.

• Loni

November 7, 2019 at 8:38 am

I think the ending was terrible, now we doing “Spirits”. Magical men are appearing with, statements of Expiration and Pending Fate. Ba Hum Bug. New writers are needed, and can some one other than Grace have the main storyline. Sick of Grace’s life, ex boyfriends,hidden children and decisions. Please give Charity a life tired of her being the victim.

• Tonya Dimitri Me

November 11, 2019 at 1:40 am

Amen!!!!

• SixxFtr

November 11, 2019 at 3:10 am

This is my first season watching.
        The storyline can be somewhat fragmented – especially for scenes involving the teens/young adults.

The challenges were somewhat interesting at best, a few twist and turns, but getting there was overly simplistic.

In other words, the writing is VERY ‘soap-operish’ (if that’s a word).
        There are dramas that flow like a soap opera – but don’t actually present like a soap opera.

Writers and Producers:

It’s feeling a little like Tyler Perry’s ‘Love thy Neighbor-ish’ – just (some) better actors, nicer sets and nicer wardrobes – i.e. bigger budget.

Get some old inspiration: American’s, West Wing, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal (only watched the first season and the writing was on point!), Downtown Abbey and ER.

Instead of trying to stump the viewers with a ‘vision of AJ’ at the end – write at a higher level. Require the viewers to think 🤔

Frasier and Veep are sitcoms, but sometimes it might take a couple of minutes to get it. Wait!? What just happened?!
        We like that! 😳

You’ll retain your existing audience and attract a much larger one.

You also might end up getting an Emmy nom;)

14. Monique

November 6, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Personally I enjoy Greenleafto the max. I am going to really enjoy seeing the Greenleaf’s get there church back or build another. I don’t believe that AJ is Greace’s baby that she gave away. I believe that it is another Basey and his sister scheme. These 2 boys are twins and their job is to try and drain Grace. Remember Basey said he would get them and we all know how treacherous his sister is. Chàrity have mercy Lord. Carissa has a bomb in her hand that will blow up in her face.
    Wait until Lady Mae gets finished with her. Bishop, Lady Mae, Grace and Jacob will be fine.

• Tim

November 6, 2019 at 10:50 pm

The guy at the end talking to Grace was dressed in black. He wasn’t from this world.

• Wanda

November 7, 2019 at 11:28 am

Lol the best response by far. It made me laugh.

• Madge

November 7, 2019 at 11:46 am

🤣🤣🤣 I know. Complete nonsense. I think Greenleaf has ran out of steam.

• Denise

November 7, 2019 at 12:06 pm

I agree.. he was an evil spirit!!

15. Alicia Renee Ponder

November 6, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Well at least Kerissa was honest with Jacob about sleeping with another man. Charity deserved what she got, she so set on bringing down her sister Gigi, her roof collapses on her. Oh well what goes around comes around. I have a feeling AJ has more secrets, just have to wait and see, and will someone please slap Judee, she is crazy. Can’t wait for next season!! ! !! ! 😁😁😁😁😄😁😁😁😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

16. Carol Brunson

November 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm

I absolutely love this show, this season was way to short I feel if it had been 13 episodes that alot more fans would have been reeling waiting for the next season. The young man at the end I definitely believe is the real A.J. unless Grace had twins and didn’t realize it at the time. Charity, Karissa, and Mae need to get over their self’s and even tho I love lady Mae dealing with her own issues and trying to keep God, the church and her family in tact is truly what it’s all about. James needs to get right with his now ex wife because Mae is on the right track. Bring Noah back full time so that he and Grace can closure and move forward with A.J. and as my favorite character that would definitely be Grace I love everything about her and her character but mostly I believe in her love for God!!!! Her faith is unbinding in through her mistakes but then again who doesn’t have mistakes or make them, the key to this is realizing it was a mistake and Grace definitely brings that home!! My favorite part was Grace praying and putting her whole heart and trust in the one person she knows without a doubt will save them, God!!!!!

17. GAILA THOMAS

November 6, 2019 at 4:36 pm

Im so hooked on Greenleaf. This is so awesome. I think tje ending gives alot to tbink about. I really think its like God telling Grace to hold on. Be still he got her. Just stay prayed up.

18. Pt

November 6, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I think the young man away the end represents how Grace temporarily made her son her God. She was willing to forgo everything to be with him help him etc. She lied to the police to protect him. She was praying to God.

19. Pam Mack

November 6, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Have not been real pleased with the story lines this season, still did not miss an episode! I do believe that Bassy Skanks and AJ are connected and that he is not Grace’s real son!
    Hoping next season will be longer, seemed so short this time

• Mz Kay

November 8, 2019 at 2:28 am

I miss Basie Skanks and his wife. That would be a clever way to weave them back in. Writing is weak this season and too few episodes.

20. Linda

November 6, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Love Greenleaf…I think AJ was for sure hiding something and the boy that walked out of the woods has the answers. Charity is just naive. Love Jacob and he needs to get Ms.Crazy out of there!! Love the bishop but Mae has done him wrong. Anxious for season to return. Greenleaf and Queen Sugar are great stories!!!

21. Chervone Triplett

November 6, 2019 at 7:51 pm

The ending wasn’t good at all I was very disappointed

• Judas in a bad pant suit

November 6, 2019 at 8:14 pm

I hear ya!

22. Sincerely Hobson

November 6, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Even though I did not particularly care for Charity’s actions against her family, she holds the bombshell. She knows a dirty dirty secret about Phil and Whitmore relationships.

23. Mary

November 6, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Young man at the end of the show was scary as hell.

• Phaeydra Brown

November 7, 2019 at 12:01 am

I truly believe all the comments about AJ. Definitely something was not right with the AJ portrayal.

• Karen Davis

November 7, 2019 at 12:08 am

ikr!..and why he jus happened to be dressed like AJ?…the writers of this got our heads spinning!

• EmJay

November 12, 2019 at 1:11 am

For REAL! The scene had me super tense. For a moment, I was afraid he was going to kill Grace on the spot….talking about Expiration Dates…
      Whoever cast that dude did a good job of finding the sinister vibe.
      😵

• Sam

November 13, 2019 at 12:47 am

I aint lying!!! I’m glad im not the only one who thought so, that whole scene had had me uncomfortable! I didn’t know what to think.

24. Adele Stovall

November 7, 2019 at 12:40 am

You all could have done better with the writing.The season finale was sorry.

25. Ash Beez

November 7, 2019 at 7:05 am

I enjoyed the season but there were too many rushed and unrealistic story lines.
    Grace all of a sudden gets a call from her son and starts doing way too much crying and going back/forth with him. It was just constant. Felt rushed and like lazy writing just to bring some drama.
    Charity isn’t that stupid. Now, she’s naive and feels left out but the writers made her extremely gullible to the point I couldn’t even stand it. That storyline felt rushed too especially at the end.
    I hate to say it, but Sophia reeeeeeally got on my nerves this season. All she does is whine and make the same facial expression likes she’s in pain all the time. She keeps trying to be “bad” but ends up as a little confused girl.
    Kerissa. Kerissa. Kerissa. I don’t even have the words.
    Bishop and Mae seem to be the only ones with sense at this point.
    It’s like they were trying too hard to bring the drama and missed the mark on a lot of the storylines. It was all over the place and no one acted like themselves.

• Judas in a bad pant suit

November 7, 2019 at 9:16 am

Agree with all of thee above 100%

10 episodes wasn’t enough to fulfill this story. The serious lack of Noah too. This season was CRAY CRAY!!
      When they were singing that song that they sing in all the H&H churches I just thought this show has gone seriously off piste. Kerissa needs her comeuppance too. All over the place and definitely not the Greenleaf I’m used too.

• Zora

November 7, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Agree totally with your views on season 4 of Greenleaf.Too many areas in story line unconnected. Noah and Grace, Grace and Darus, Charity and gay husband, not much time with baby thus season.Zora what happened with the abusive boy friend,no counselling. Lady May relationship with sister, why did Grace jump to defending a woman in goal..love the series but feel it was rushed and die hard fans have to wait far too long for the next instalments.Grace deserves some happyness taught it may have happened with Darius.Karissa character portrays the greedy back woman who wants it all and will sell her soul to get it.The ending very disappointing how did this person got through security? I have two theory AJ is either sick or her dead sister came back to save her. Hope next season can answer the fans questions.Not a good fanale.

• EmJay

November 12, 2019 at 1:19 am

I hear what you’re saying about Sophia, but that seems a little unfair seeing as how her fast-butt cousin was doing that wannabe singer IN HER PARENTS’ HOUSE while they were all still in grade school…
      Sophia starts to act out just a little, and now she’s annoying? Yes, she’s a rebound. She’s trying to have a tiny piece of her version of happiness. Tired of getting punked and used by her cousin &crew.

And it’s clear that Buckets guy still carries a torch for the loudmouth that ran up on Sophia at the club…soooo…. Sophia is about to get a taste of that hit-it-and-quit-it…it’ll be sad. She’ll have her head back on straight by middle of next season. Bet.

Thank you SO much for posting your comments. I’m enjoying reading and responding! Yaaaaaaasssssss!

26. Nita

November 7, 2019 at 9:06 am

Greenleaf is a good series. It has all the mixtures that make for entertainment! So glad it’s on! I too wish the season was longer. Glad Charity was played in the end. What a reminder that a person never prospers trying to hurt someone else. I hope the Greenleafs shut down Kerissa before she messes up what’s left. I too think the guy at the end talking with grace was either an angel or the real AJ. Viewers, we must he patient with all of the twists, turns, ebb and flows because this series is going somewhere amazing. Can’t wait until the new season returns in 2020.

27. Cb9

November 7, 2019 at 10:38 am

I like Greenleaf! First Charity is desperate for love and jealous of the way Grace is treated, but I think Phil really loved her, but Bob made marrying his daughter his condition to make him in charge instead of Mae. Not sure about A. J., but believe the youngman at the end was Grace’s answer to her prayer. Karissa is just greedy. She is envious of the Greenleaf life. Thought marrying Jacob would give her that.

28. Gloria Whipple

November 7, 2019 at 10:38 am

Wow is all I have to say. I think each season gets better and better. I so enjoyed this entire season so much and since I DVR, I replayed some episodes over again to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I think everyone knew that Charity would not prosper from her betrayal, I just didn’t think it would happen that soon. I love the flip-flop between Sophia and Zora, each going from bad girl to good girl. hmmm I am wondering if a surprise pregnancy is on the way since Sophia is supposed to be unable to have children.(I truly hope not as she is too young). As far as the ending….That’s why I watch t.v. for the unexpected twists and that one sure through me for one. I am not sure if he is an angel or her imagination or what. Unlike everyone else, I actually like the guy portraying AJ and hope he is the real deal. Can’t wait for the new season. Thanks Writers for an awesome must watch series…

29. Cecelia Lewis

November 7, 2019 at 10:57 am

Okay what I don’t like a bout karissa is that why is she trying too take over lady Mae home now I understand she have an affair on Jacob all they times he cheated on her but now she done found out about the lady that left the house to lady Mae & bishop she’s about to be one one look out jacob

30. Beverly Adewoyin

November 7, 2019 at 12:19 pm

There were a lot of lessons to be learned! Charity is too self absorbed and jealous of her half sister..
    Kerissa has learned that a man who cheats on her is a horrible thing but the two wrongs—etc.
    She now believes she has a bomb for blackmail. I think not!
    As for AJ. I don’t believe Sophia looked at the labels on those bottles. I am thinking that AJ has HIV.
    The guy at the end appeared like an angel! He may be the real AJ or not!
    The Bassey idea seems possible!
    I agree, the plots were wild, but I look forward to next season! This season was too short!

31. Linda G Smith

November 7, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I thought the season was too short and left too many cliffhangers. I’m thinking that guy wasn’t actually AJ and the real one appeared to Grace in the Garden at the end. It ended leaving you confused.

32. TherealJrat

November 7, 2019 at 1:31 pm

I am an avid Greenleaf “Soap-Opera” Groupie like many of you out there have vividly expressed! I am thoroughly entertained, yet obliged to keep things in proper perspective. No matter how you spend it, this is a fictional, I say I say “fictional”, did I say a fictional depiction the OWN network writers, Oprah & producers have collectively contributed to portray a type black “Mega-Church” day-to-day, for bester or worse! Such is not the Spirit tenure in the ATL Mega-church I worship in, but as a devout CHRISTone I realize Greenleaf’s depiction of greed, FakeFaith, holier-than-thou deception, hypocrisy, idolatry, lies & deceit are manifestations in a Fallen World such as ours, therefore these maleficences will crop up regardless, no matter the most prestigious black, white, brown, polka-dots social & religious encounters all over the world, especially in churches, but I digress!

I thoroughly enjoy this show for what it is, acting and entertainment! Such is life right! I really appreciate the commentary! Made me consider plot twists and character unravelings I hadn’t considered such as with the AJ look-a-like at the end…I thought it was an angelic visitation inspiring Grace to hold fast to her faith in GOD, but I can entertain this being either the real deal or twin..lol!

What I enjoy about the OWN network “Soap Operas” like Greenleaf, Queen Sugar & my new found favorite David Makes Man is the writers overall great character shaping & script portrayals of “for real though” depictions of life as we know & experience it.

OWN seems to let these shows take on whatever unique personality we the viewers allow it to take on! Kudos OWN, Ms. Oprah for this profound entertainment!! Keep’em coming, keep’em fresh & relevant & objective no slants of politics left or right…please!

33. LaVerne

November 7, 2019 at 2:32 pm

I agree with you. I think that guy was the real AJ too, unless he’s another ghost from the past (i.e. Mac’s son, or the lady who died in the fire’s relative.

34. Destiny Lentz

November 7, 2019 at 2:37 pm

I hope the writers have Charity pregnant with Phil’s child. The young man at the end of the show is Grace’s true son.

35. Deborah Dozier

November 7, 2019 at 3:23 pm

36. Lisa

November 8, 2019 at 12:12 am

The man at the end of the show that she was talking to said “bye aunt Grace” as he was walking away. Don’t think AJ has anything to do with it. He appears to be her nephew, but who’s son is he or was he?

• T

December 31, 2019 at 12:22 am

Hmmm I didn’t catch him say Aunt. I’ll have to watch again. But wouldn’t they have known that Faith had a son even if she gave him up she would have been pregnant at some point. Grace admitted that she gave a child away.

37. Colleen

November 8, 2019 at 1:06 am

Did anyone notice that Grace knew AJ when he walked out of the woods? She asked him bow he got there, by name. Then he replied that he just followed the road and it took him there. I was confused because it didnt look like the AJ that we’ve seen on the show but did resemble him. Confusing!!

38. Derrick Roberts

November 8, 2019 at 4:08 am

I believe the fake AJ is not her real son, remember…..he kept asking for money and being demanding when we was first introduced to him in season 4! The man at the end is the real AJ, I believe he died and came back to give his mom a message, remember he said her name “grace” and she never mentioned it…….

• Marla

November 8, 2019 at 3:28 pm

I love the young man that plays AJ but that could be intentional. I always thought that it was just really strange how Grace and Sophia were so crazy about AJ after not knowing him his whole life. that kind of bond usually takes time to build with kids who have been adopted out. So it would make sense that he may not be her real son and an imposter. I just think that the storyline could be just as strong and dramatic with him being her real Son. so I don’t think that’s what it is. This may be a cliffhanger to make us think that. Reason: The way that AJ behaved as if he had given up. He stole the drugs to try to save someone and it was too late. Person he was trying to save was the young man that appeared at the end. He died but he’s appearing now as an angel because he was inspired by Grace and her love for AJ and God. And that may have even saved his soul at the end. They’ve done things like that before on the show.

November 8, 2019 at 10:21 am

What happen to Latoya luckett this year?..Please bring her back

• Trina

November 8, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Loved these comments. This was a crazy episode! Some people I was like realllly!! I had to look at the ending a couple of times. Grace prayer was what she wanted to see in her family. She started it like they were a hot mess then prayed a prayer of Thanksgiving bringing out the good. When Grace and her brother questioned him, she saw something different in him as if this was purposely done and protecting.

When she saw AJ later at the site, she addressed AJ and asked how did he get onto the property,to me meant a supernatural moment. AJ looked different in the last scene, clothed different and spoke in somewhat of a parrable. When she questioned him in last scene, She directed him to the gate and that stood out as well. It was like the woman crying out at the tomb and Jesus was gone. She was crying out to God about AJ, he shows up but I think it was an encounter. AJ I believe is gone … It will be interesting . Maybe it’s the preacher in me lol

• T

December 31, 2019 at 12:12 am

I agree. Her last words as she was praying was I’m praying for my son ( or something like that) and then this guy appears. That was God sending a message that AJ was dead.

40. Judas in a bad pant suit

November 9, 2019 at 8:23 am

My husband has just made me laugh out loud. He’s just caught up on this season after a Netflix binge and he just said

“WTF is going on with Greenleaf? Have they had the budget cut? Or is it under new ownership? Because that ain’t the series we invested in” 🤣🤣🤣

41. Angel Garner

November 9, 2019 at 1:10 pm

What came to me was, AJ was in a hurry and didn’t want to be around. I think he may owe the guy in black money or something. He told Sophia she couldn’t go take a walk with him and I think the guy in black is the reason why. I think he may have killed AJ. All season long AJ kept needing more money and Grace even said once, I just gave you money. Then he robbed the drug store, maybe to get money to pay his debt. I feel he wanted to turn himself in so he could be safe.

42. Love Me

November 9, 2019 at 11:03 pm

“Everything has an experiation date, you know what I mean EVERYTHING”. The word everything was emphasized. “I’ll see you around Grace”. His message was very chilling to Grace. (Cound the young man could he be the devil) Did he do something to AJ? Was AJ being blackmailed by the young man that just came out of the woods?

43. Angel Garner

November 9, 2019 at 11:13 pm

I thought the same thing.

I think that’s why AJ needed to take a walk.

44. Angel Garner

November 9, 2019 at 11:15 pm

I think the season may start with them finding AJ dead in the woods.

45. Ms. Kay

November 12, 2019 at 1:14 am

Everything has an Expiration = the trails her family has been going through. She was praying for peace. That young man was an Angel…of death I don’t know…. if he will take a character or a hardship… IJS

46. Ash zee

November 14, 2019 at 11:45 pm

This season was definitely all over the place. For starters, Charity was just annoying and desperate, she kept trying to fill the void of her exes and it was cringing to watch. Mae and Bishop were just sooooo invested in that church. Phil just used Charity as a ladder to get to the top. I don’t feel bad for her either. Aj annoyed me. I just wanted him to open up to grace. He had no reason to rob that store.. or did he? Also, who was the guy with the dreads at the end? I just felt so sorry for Grace. Charity and Kerrissa just couldn’t give her a break. Also, Kerrissa is so money hungry and I’m not suprised she got an STD.. the scene where she was hoping that the test was negative made me to believe that she was pregnant 😅. Sophia just cries too much for me. Every minute.. waa waa. Judee kept annoying me.

47. SpinRush_C1

November 17, 2019 at 8:34 am

OMG! I can’t stand that “Kane” Charity Greenleaf. Too weak for my taste. Dark chocolate Pastor Phil “Shoulder Touched” her ( Hey! ) and she just rolled over on family like that. She deserved all that. 1st husband turned out to be gay. Jabari, ditched her. I loved this one though. Not only did she get played, but lost that “Uncle Tom” to some mayonnaise. Yeah, I said it. Judee represents all that is white. This is new low for Charity. I know Best Foods got a kick out of this. From the moment I saw Judee, I said “Dayum”, that’s a lot of mayo. You didn’t have to tell me. I knew Pastor Phil got down like that. Going once, going twice….SOLD OUT to the lowest bidder.

That Kerissa has to go. I bet now Jacob wishes he had knocked the back out of Tasha Skanks. Bring Tasha back in Season 5 puulease. I’m not worried though. Mae will somehow keep Kerissa in check. I hope. That’s a golddigger right there.

We’ll see what happens in Season 5.

P.S: I see why they named her Charity though. She’ll give it up in a heartbeat.

• Lisa

November 20, 2019 at 8:37 pm

I think A.J. may have committed suicide and the man that came out of the woods was an angel letting Grace know that he was gone.

• Jackie60

December 7, 2019 at 11:53 pm

Def agree with the suicide angel theory or AJ had a double life and sent a decoy in to check out the family before he returned to lead a new Church. In his double life he lead a new cult in prison and wanted take over his family church.

• Marie

December 8, 2019 at 3:37 am

Charity got everything she deserved. I think that the ending was Grace’s dream and that the young man was sending her a message/vision.

48. YouSeeStephanie

December 9, 2019 at 11:12 pm

They drink to much whiskey and wine for me!😂😂😂😂

49. Chauntevah

December 13, 2019 at 11:03 am

As so many of you, I hope all the many loose ends in this season come together in the next season.

I think I am in the minority when I say that I think that the first Aj we met was the real AJ. His emotion, and feelings of rejection from his long lost mother seemed to shine through. I think that he was only reaching out to her because he was an adult (no longer in the foster care system) out of jail (no access to healthcare) and really needed her assitance for something more important than just a place to live. He needed her to help him life saving medication. I’ll get back to that point, but I want to talk about some other clues that I noticed during the episode.

Like I said before, I think that the first AJ is the real AJ because you can totally see how hurt he was to see the mother that gave him away for the first time in person. He did research, and knew that she was from a wealthy family. He knew about his sister and probably knew that she grew up with a priviledged lifestyle as well. He had to resent that because he was shuffled from foster home to foster home, abused, and felt like a “check” to his foster parents. He was kicked out before he was ready at the age of 18, and obviously had much trouble adjusting. He became very jaded in life, which is very apparent in his interactions with everyone he came in contact with. If he was a Greenleaf, he knew that all of the hardship he faced in life would have happened to him.

A sidenote, Grace seems kinda evil because she made her whole leaving about Faith, when she actually left to cover up her own sins. That really made me angry because she painted herself as someone who was about cleaning up the past. We wouldn’t have even known about this son is he hadn’t contacted her. She wasn’t even trying to include him in her life when he contacted her in the past. Now that the church is on the line, she is forced to acknowledge him. I don’t blame him for giving her the cold shoulder when they first met.

I think that AJ is innocent of the pharmacy ordeal. When we see the medication bottles, they look like the kind that patients get from the pharmacy. If you were going to rob a pharmacy, you would have the white opaque stock bottles, not those. I think it was poor writing when Sophia saw the bottles and assumed he was guilty. I actually think those bottles were for him. He looks frail and sickly, so he could be fighting HIV or Cancer. I am leaning toward HIV beacause that it more taboo, and you would certianly need many different pills to treat it. I think he was asking Grace for money to pay for them being that HIV meds cost thousands for a monthly supply. He would blow through money quickly. He either was ahamed of his situation, or felt that Grace did not deserve to know something so private about him.

So why did he do an 180? He was so excited about moving on in his own place. He really did not want to go back to jail. Well there were some loose ends in season three. Rochelle knew she had a baby in Pheonix and called Grace a “whore.” Rochelle has connections and could have found out about AJ and his status. Still trying to ruin the Greenleafs, she could have found some guy to frame AJ. I don’t believe the cops when they said that they had fingerprints. I watch too much Law and Order SVU and know that cops lie about everything just to get a confession. If he was there, it was to get his HIV meds that he paid for with Grace’s money. My stronger opinion is that Rochelle put the pressure on AJ only because he is Grace’s son. It was just an act of revenge and perhaps AJ was trying to keep his secret illness secret. That guy we saw at the end was the imposter paid by Rochelle to ruin the Greenleaf name and he was delivering a message talking about everything that the Greenleafs have worked for is going to expire.

Another theory could be that Bill from H and H paid an imposter. We were given clues from Phil that Bill was known to do dirty things to get ahead. Not as exciting as my first theory, but it could be plausible.

Last thoughts:
    1) I hope Sophia didn’t go through with having sex out of spite. I come she comes back into herself because this dark Sophia is awful. She was the bright light of the family. Now she is on a downward spiral. But to my surprise, Zora is getting better and better and hopefully will be able to minister to her after they get over their differences.
    2) Charity is seriously Boo-Boo the Fool. I mean, did she really think that Phil was going to marry her? She chose a man over family, after the family warned her. She is going to regret that and probably start popping pills again.
    3) I can’t stand Klerissa (however you spell her name). She has always been a gold digger. She didn’t believe in Jacob’s vision to help the community. She just wants money. Jacob will never be able to satisfy her greedy ways. Then she got the nerve to blackmail the family with this “murder” thing. I hope she gets hers next season. I kinda want Tasha and Jacob to get together. She is a kind person deep down, and appreciates Jacob for who he is. I think that they both deserve happiness and to not be punished over and over for their past.

50. Chauntevah

December 13, 2019 at 11:10 am

Correction: I hope that Sophia comes into herself.

51. Teresa

December 23, 2019 at 3:03 am

People seem to have forgotten that, although Grace called the man in the woods AJ, she quickly realized it wasn’t him and apologized. There couldn’t have been a fake AJ, as I’m sure it’s hard to fake your identity in the prison system. They could find a way to make it work (like Basie having a friend high up in the prison system or something and using that to set Grace up.) But that would be suuuch a stretch and I wouldn’t be willing to suspend my disbelief to that extent.

I believe it was, indeed, an angel of death foretelling the death of someone on the show. Who? Idk. It’s easiest to say AJ for a number of reasons, e.g. the angel actually looking a lot like him and the many times AJ alluded to leaving their lives for good, as if he was mortally ill or suicidal. But maybe AJ is too easy an option. Something in the way the angel said “see you later, Grace” made me wonder if it’s her. I’d love it if it was Karissa or Charity lol. Both of them are becoming increasingly difficult to tolerate. Something has to give, or I’ll be fast forwarding some of their scenes next season.

I was, however, happy to see Charity’s idiocy come crashing down around her ears. But the fact that she never seems to evolve as a character makes her comeuppance less satisfying, because no amount of tragedy or natural consequences seem to make her any wiser. So there’s no reason to believe she’ll have learned anything by next season. She’ll likely still be whiney, self-centered, impatient, childish, and unnecessarily disruptive. It’s like they gave a toddler a storyline.

52. T

December 30, 2019 at 11:47 pm

I think the guy at the end was the real AJ but maybe his ghost. The guy who turned himself in stole AJs identity and got out, played the role and stole the drug . But he was acting too nonchalant and didn’t really care about the family cause he knew he wasn’t the real AJ. Now Grace won’t go to jail because AJ is dead and the case will be dismissed.

53. MyFamilySeemsNormalNow

January 11, 2020 at 1:16 am

The finale was very disappointing, all over the place. Are we sure AJ was real when he showed up at church in a white tshirt? Even at the pond, maybe not real. Remember, Grace sees dead people. The guy in black at the end had to have been another ghost. How else did he get on the property and why wasn’t Grace more concerned about him? Any other explanation will not make sense.

Charity grow up. Its time to adult and get a real job not handed to you by your family. This is not an episode of Teen Moms of Memphis.

Sophia, go back to college. Hurry!

Zora, get a J.O.B. You the ho!

Kerresa – Karma is a b-tch. What kind of person asks for her husband’s portion of the future inheritance? Time to rent an apartment and hit Ikea. Bye, Felicia.

Jacob – You seriously dumped every bit of cash into a vacant lot and magically, your community center is going to appear in the flood zone? Get a job and stop living off of your retired parents. Kerresa is a b-tch. So is Karma.

Mae- You are super scary and super funny at the same time. I would stop watching if you died.

Bishop – Both sisters are crazy. What were you thinking?

Mavis – Come back, please.

Noah – Where are you?

Keith and Aaron – Hopefully Nathan spends more time with you. Charity is too busy cringy crushing on anyone who listens to her. In fact, Grace should move out and spend more time with her sane brothers.

Let me guess. Season 5 brings the drama about who owns the house. Grace has money, 3 million to be exact. Don’t tell Charity. She will lose her sh-t.