Quantcast
OWN Responds to Criticism of 'Love & Marriage: Huntsville'

OWN Responds to Criticism of ‘Love & Marriage: Huntsville’

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Friendships and marriages were tested on LAMH.

Love & Marriage: Huntsville” is easily one of the most controversial shows on OWN. The show features the lives and relationships of three black couples. During the first season, viewers were introduced to the group as they attempted to settle their differences with each other.

While working together and investing in real estate, they began to clash often. So their business, The Comeback Group, was put in jeopardy.

Trust was broken and friendships were tested. And they weren’t able to settle things during meetings.

The show became drama-filled.

Interestingly enough, this wasn’t the only source of problems the couples had. It was eventually revealed that Martell Holt cheated on Melody Holt. Things went left after this. And when the Holts saw that Marsau Scott was making jokes about Martell’s three-year affair, they were heated.

Martell got even by accusing Marsau of cheating on LaTisha Scott with 20 other women. Both Marsau and LaTisha would deny this, but Melody would not. So her friendship with LaTisha began to fall apart. In fact, LaTisha clapped back by accusing Martell of buying his mistress a matching BMW.

Martell and Melody denied this. So the couples have been exchanging jabs on social media.

Kimmi and Maurice Scott have tried to be the peacemakers, but they are now being pushed to pick sides.

So it’s probably not surprising that some viewers of the show aren’t happy with the direction it’s now going into. When one expressed how they felt on social media, someone from the network responded.

1. Jamaica941

July 29, 2020 at 11:48 am

I mean what did people expect when Carlos King is involved. He makes everything so drama filled and ratchet.

• Gabriella

July 29, 2020 at 2:16 pm

This is very true!

• Anonymous

July 29, 2020 at 3:18 pm

I think he thinks people won’t watch if it’s not messy. He’s wrong though.

• Chanelle

July 30, 2020 at 9:04 pm

I liked the show at first but now it’s a sh-t show, how do these what appeared to be power couple who are friends, sorority sisters, frat brothers become enemies with restraining orders. They are leaders of the community and their behavior is ridiculous and very unprofessional and as a HBCU grad as well I am very disappointed with their behavior.

• Shayla

July 29, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Pretty much.

• Pat

July 30, 2020 at 11:28 am

Good point. I had not thought of that.

• Peggy Lloyd

July 30, 2020 at 9:49 pm

I would like to see a more positive realistic uplifting inspiring show on OWN. I stopped watching because I do not think anyone should air their very person marital problems on the air. Iam embarrassed when my family
      members ask me if I know these people and are the members of my church.

• Gina

July 31, 2020 at 10:11 am

Im in agreement. Some people will do anything for fame fortune money at the consequence of their own demise of their marriages & relationships. These african American reality shows start positive but quickly go to rachet…another form of black exploitation!!

• Tee

August 3, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I agree. They always have to make us look bad , even when it’s good. Oprah likes to exploit her people anyway.

July 29, 2020 at 1:05 pm

It got too messy and fake real quick. It’s unfortunate but it is what it is.

• Jamaica941

July 30, 2020 at 11:21 am

Yes like what happened to them building the houses for the community? They did that to draw us in.

• Liz

July 30, 2020 at 11:30 am

Yes! They did draw us in with the idea of helping the lower income communities.

July 29, 2020 at 1:10 pm

I won’t lie, this show is very entertaining. But I can understand why some people are disappointed.

• Janet Jones

August 4, 2020 at 3:16 am

I am NOT disappointed, yet. I love Mel and Kimmie. LaTisha, her husband and her mom, NOT so much. There’s your mess. That momma, LORD get her disrespectful self off. She is too nosey, confrontational and messy. Kimmie, and Mel are the girls!

4. Michelle

July 29, 2020 at 1:18 pm

I was cool with everything until Latisha’s momma started acting up so bad. It’s like she wants to be another Momma Dee, Mama Joyce, etc. I really don’t like to see black mothers be so messy.

• Nicole

July 29, 2020 at 7:37 pm

This. Wanda does way too much.

• Debbi

August 2, 2020 at 8:23 pm

She’s too d-mn busy and too involved in her daughter’s marriage. Obviously, she doesn’t have her own life. And, Marsau grow a pair and kick that nosy b-tch out. Send her simple daughter with her if she doesn’t like it.

5. Jill

July 29, 2020 at 1:28 pm

The only believable couple on the show is Maurice and Kimmi. LaTisha is messy. Martell and Melody are the real reason I don’t watch anymore. I feel no passion between them. Everything seems forced. The show has lost any shine it might have had. Would have been nice to see these families as successful entrepreneurs working TOGETHER.

6. Joyce

July 29, 2020 at 10:23 pm

I stopped watching the show because Martell and Melody is mean, self centered and fake.

• Nona

August 3, 2020 at 11:18 am

I also think the show is going off the rails too fast. Martell and his wife are
      awful. I will no longer be watching.
      Blacks can lead successful lives without all
      the drama.

7. Tracey mojica

July 29, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Yes Marsha is cheating on tisha it obvious bc on the last eposode he didn’t put on video when she called and did not support her for her big night Yes he is cheating wake up tisha

8. Tracey

July 29, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Yes he is cheating her I just hope she realize before she gets embarrassed on tv

9. Joy

July 29, 2020 at 10:28 pm

I stopped watching the show because Martell and Melody are mean, self centered, fake and thinks the show is all about them.!!!!!

10. SuzyK

July 30, 2020 at 12:08 am

Melody did her part (and some)to hold the family together. Martell will never be faithful to anyone until he humbles himself. So sad! Another potentially great family torn apart b/c of selfishness. Kimmie and Maurice seem fake and Marsau and Latisha should be replaced w/ a more mature couple.

July 30, 2020 at 12:15 am

This is another case of ignorant black people who will do anything for money and give minutes of fame. It’s sad thatMelody seems to think she is so significant, so important to the public, she feels she is so classy, far from the truth! Any female who could put up with a permanent arrogant cheat like Martell is sad and had the nerve to have a fourth child by him Melody blames the other woman and even stooped so low that she approved of him talking poorly about a woman whom clearly he cared about and had a more than one year relationship with, no one is to blame except her for tolerating the bullsh-t. Every male on the show is a chavanist and the women put up with it. Some of the individual’s have college education’s however, are educated fools. I’m stunned at how these women try to justify the behavior of these males. I’m stunned that Oprah would allow for this type of programming which is reflective of ghetto, negative behavior by black hillbilly wannabe’s. It’s sad, real sad.With all that is goin ghost on in the world…Martin Luther King would be saddened and deeply disappointed by this type of negative, ignorant, backbiting, backstabbing behaviour. I watched the show and hope they close it down. Surely, Oprah can find positive programming that is reflective of decent black families. SHAME ON THE BLACK SO CALLED PRODUCERS WHO HAVE SOLD THEMSELVES BY CARING ABOUT QUANTITY OVER QUALITY. MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU, AS THE WORLD NEEDS A POSITIVE REFLECTION OF WHO MOST OF U.S. ARE!!! GET THAT TRASH TV OUT OF HERE. WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER, YOU WILL DO BETTER. LASTLY,GET MELODY A WIG FOR HER TORN UP HAIRSTYLES AND BALD HEAD!!!

• Marvaline Caudle

July 30, 2020 at 8:54 am

We should not talk about one another.let us encourage each other instead.

• Cynthia Brown

July 30, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Thank you. People have so much hate in their hearts for no reason.

• Fay

July 30, 2020 at 7:41 pm

One word……SAD!!

• cashcow

July 31, 2020 at 1:06 am

It’s called being jealous..nothing more nothing less..I hope they eat their hearts out with it! It’s more people love the show than not..

I have always said your remote that controls your TV has a button that goes click!

• MrsAbe

July 30, 2020 at 9:05 am

PREACH! Because of Melody and Mattel’s drama, and the way Marsau treats his wife, and she puts up with it is the main reason that I’ve stopped watching it. Melody thinks the world revolves around her ignorant A-s. She’s as ratchet as a wrench.

• Babygirl

July 30, 2020 at 9:10 am

How is Melody ratchet? The only ratchet person on this show is Wanda and for some reason, she’s the fan favorite. 🤔

• Barbara Blair

July 30, 2020 at 9:26 am

Love Melody! I also do not care for Wanda and her daughter!

• Jamaica941

July 30, 2020 at 11:25 am

Because she had a baby by her husband and they don’t even live together. She’s ratchet bama girl trying to be classy but we can all see the ratchet and the thirst for fame and money. That’s why I wasn’t shocked when they said they reached out to Carlos King. They planned to reveal the affair

• Anonymous

July 30, 2020 at 11:31 am

Having a baby by your husband is not ratchet. Being separated from your husband is not ratchet. Ratchet is having your mother acting a ghetto mess on TV for peanuts.

• Annoynmous

August 2, 2020 at 6:30 pm

Wow,what the h-ll does her being from Alabama have to do with anything? I do think the show has gotten away from being a positive influence about their businesses though. Hopefully it can get back to what its suppose to be about,smart educated, black people,working together to make a difference in their community.

• Anonymous

July 30, 2020 at 11:32 am

Well said Babygirl. Wanda is the only person on that show I find embarrassing and ratchet.

• cashcow

July 31, 2020 at 1:08 am

EXACTLY!! People are jealous of melody..

• MrsAbe

July 31, 2020 at 9:11 am

Melody has a nice-nasty attitude. Her cheating A-s husband is a total Butthole. Marsau is
          a narcissistic cheater, not a good husband or father. Ms Wanda has her issues as well, but I do understand where she’s coming from. As for me, I no longer watch this show.

• Janet Jones

August 4, 2020 at 3:19 am

Thank you! Get Wanda off.

• Sharon

August 4, 2020 at 11:36 am

U can definitely drop the mic on that one. Wanda is where ratchet comes into the show. She’s NOT funny, nor entertaining. She simply appears as the buffoon of the show. Why SHE has allowed this portrayal of herself, I just can’t understand. But I will remain hopeful, that she will open her eyes and realize, ALL money ain’t good money.

• Debbi

August 2, 2020 at 8:26 pm

And, HER SCREECHING VOICE GRATES MY NERVES…I CAN’T STAND IT WHEN SHE STARTS TALKING…

• Cynthia Brown

July 30, 2020 at 12:12 pm

I really wish y’all wouldn’t come on here and call black women trashy, ratchet, and ghetto. It’s despicable during the BLM. Do better.

• Dee

July 30, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Peach girl I agree with everything you said!!!!!!###

• Gayle

July 31, 2020 at 10:33 am

What’s the point in talking about her appearance? That is the point about social media it allows a person to say whatever. People have feelings regardless of whether they’re on television or not.

• Bonnie Cushion

August 3, 2020 at 8:15 pm

You sound jealous of Melody.

12. Linda

July 30, 2020 at 6:28 am

I stopped looking at this show when I saw what direction it was going in. When Melody found out her husband was
    cheating she retaliated by getting angry at the other couple, and accused Tischa’s husband of cheating. She is so arrogant and self centered. I can’t stand to watch her. She is a bully and a very ugly person to do the things she does. She thinks the show is all about her and her spouse. I hate to see black women put each other down. We have enough of bad behavior already. We don’t need to keep seeing this on t.v. We should be better than this. Please put a positive, uplifting show on.

13. Linda

July 30, 2020 at 6:54 am

I stopped watching this show when I saw which direction it was going in. When Melody found out her husband was cheating, she retaliated and accused the other couple of cheating. (Tischa & Marsau) She wanted to put the other ladies down because she was down
    She is so arrogant and self centered i can’t stand to watch her. She thinks the show is all about her and her spouse. She is a bully and a ugly person to do and say some of the things she does. I hate to see women put each other down like this. We have enough bad behavior already going on. We don’t need to see this on t.v. constantly. Please give us something positive and uplifting to look at.

• Quiet Girl

July 30, 2020 at 2:09 pm

Just another black show that start’s off positive. And then the producer tell the cast the show rating are to low. Next thing you know something positive turn into negativity so that producer can get more money and clout,higher rating. I hate that our people always fall into these traps. Carlos King there’s nothing
      good about him Andy Cohen and Mona Scott. They live to degrade the black race it’s sad because Carlos King and Mona Scott are also black. They say Black Lives Matter when you’re a part of the problem degrading your own.

• Hello

August 1, 2020 at 2:10 pm

#AND THE PLL SAY AMEN AND AMEN BUT O WINFREY GOIN KEEP THIS CHEAP SHOW ON BUT CANCEL GREENLEAF REALLY BEE

• cashcow

August 1, 2020 at 4:19 pm

You know you can stop looking for this show on social media to comment on since you stop watching the show..Dont make since to keep talking about a show you dont like or watch anymore..

Its getting to a point of being mental because you cant stop talking about it.

• Linda

August 1, 2020 at 9:41 pm

I don’t look at it. The news story pops up in my news feed. So, I can comment if I want.

14. Barbara Blair

July 30, 2020 at 9:24 am

To be honest with you I love the show!It might not be the most believable show on TV but it is entertaining! La Tischa’s mother is so messy! She needs to sit down, shut up and keep her messy mouth shut!You come for my child I will come for you!

15. Denisa

July 30, 2020 at 4:36 pm

I loved the show, in the beginning, because it showcased 3 beautiful black couples who were making a p
    huge, positive difference in the Huntsville, AL community. They helped to put Huntsville on the map! Now, it has turned into a negative stereotype of our black community. The constant arguing, fighting, and unhealthy behaviors, has drawn us away from the wonderful positivity that we needed to see and hear, esp. during these stressful COVID-19 Pandemic days. Please, Please, Please, bring back the wonderful, up building, comraderie these couples and families had. Seeing them work together to resolve their issues, esp. Business wise, has helped more people than you could ever imagine!!! They are intelligent, young, and relatable to so many us! Again, Please, remove the ratchedness just for ratings. Trust!!! You will have better ratings without it! Be unique! Sadly, there is already too much of that in reality TV.

• cashcow

August 1, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Fake is not what sells in tv land..

You get being human..If you want fake it would be scripted..

This is real life and the show is called “Love and marriage huntsville” the title did not say work and build in huntsville..

It is only a part of the show..nobody is going to show how they work their business on national tv its private..

That is why you see only snippets of it.

Again its Love and marriage huntsville it’s about love and marrige it’s what ya gonna get..

So you better find something new to watch because all ya gonna get is real life situations in marriages..

That is what the reality tv show is about..

16. Brenda Fleming

August 2, 2020 at 4:19 pm

I can’t stand watching Melody she is super phony to everyone including her Husband! I stop watching the show.

17. Nub

August 2, 2020 at 9:35 pm

The show started off positive. It’s trash now and it so sad, what happened to the power building! They tricked us, once again hoodwinked and bamboozled! Shame on all of you for allowing yourselves to be used in exchange for money. I will never watch your show again and I hope it gets dropped like a hot potato! I said that I meant that!

18. Non entertained

August 3, 2020 at 4:43 am

Melody n her ‘husband’ are a great couple seems like a lil money made them loose realism this show use to be my number one til melody stated making executive decisions and girl bye stick to teaching. You over talk to much and act extra with yo country backwoods baby gave you a lil boody azz go sit down breastfeed yo baby suck yo husband stop trying to produce tv shows. Cause it aint for you soap oprah

19. Jackie Cephas

August 3, 2020 at 7:37 pm

I love the show even and especially the drama! Real life and real experiences. Maybe these complaints are coming from a place of familiarity #their ownlifedrama! If you don’t like the show don’t tune in #betchacan’t

20. Bri

August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am

Too county and so ghetto