Entertainment

LHHNY Star Chrissy Lampkin Claps Back at Criticism for Not Being Married to Jim Jones

Photo Credit: VH1

Chrissy really wanted to get married.

Love And Hip Hop New York” stars Chrissy Lampkin and Jim Jones have been together for a long time. In fact, longtime fans of the show remember that the first couple of seasons of the show focused on their relationship. Over the years, Chrissy made it clear that she wanted to get married. At one time, she even proposed to Jim. He would later propose to her but the engagement never translated into marriage.

Interestingly enough, Chrissy recently revealed that she’s the reason they aren’t married now.

Chrissy changed her mind.

On the show, Jim and Chrissy discussed not being married.

Chrissy said, “You know what’s crazy? From inception, people have always had something to say about our relationship. And it’s partly my fault cause I proposed to you. After that proposal, we didn’t get married because we weren’t ready. And you’ve asked for marriage after that. I wasn’t ready. And we’re still together. We have a crazy bond. Nobody could tear it apart. We’ve been together for what? A million years? And if marriage never happens, I don’t feel a way about it anymore because it doesn’t complete us.”

In response to this, Jim said, “But I do want to get married. I believe that every woman who’s in love or is in a strong relationship that we are deserves to have that.”

Chrissy then said, “I don’t feel that way and I know it sounds crazy. In the beginning, I thought that was the end all be all. I thought that was natural progression. But at this point, what is that going to change for us?”

She also went on to say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Despite Chrissy not being interested in marriage at this point, she still gets backslash over it. Recently, she clapped back at her critics, too.

1. Me

August 25, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Umm are people not aware of how many black women are in Chrissy’s position? I’m just saying.

• Tracey

August 25, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Man listen…

• Yelp

August 25, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Yikes!!!

• Meg

August 25, 2020 at 7:46 pm

This is so true.

• WELP

August 25, 2020 at 8:18 pm

RIGHT!

• Sone

August 25, 2020 at 9:01 pm

Chrissy entitled to feel hows she wants. Marriage is serious step.If a person is not ready they just not ready respect that

• Chris

August 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Chrissy dragged a woman. Her persistent with handy is appalling. I wonder if her life with Jim is do great, why the attack on others. I would not be in the same room with her. I can’t believe such a beautiful woman carries herself this way.

• Misses P

August 26, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Yandy is no angel herself. 🤷🏿‍♀️

• Feefee

August 26, 2020 at 1:24 pm

WHO GIVES A RATS A-S IF THEY GET MARRIED OR NO, WHAT EVER WORKS FOR YOU GUY’S. SO FAR SO GOOD IT LOOKS LIKE IT’S WORKING TO US. I STAYED WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR 32 YRS UNTIL HE PASSED A FEW YRS BACK. IT SO WORKED FOR US AS WELL, COULDN’T HAVE ASKED FOR MORE. IF IT’S NOT BROKE DON’T FIX IT.MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE LOVE LOVE AND MORE LOVE I LOVE YOU GUYS LOVE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GOD BLESS YOU GUY’S LOVE.

• Marquis

August 31, 2020 at 5:15 pm

She’s cheating on him that’s why she don’t want to get married

August 25, 2020 at 12:23 pm

It wouldn’t be me but some people just don’t want to be married.

• Marquita

August 27, 2020 at 12:54 am

Me either. If marriage isn’t the ultimate goal, I don’t want you. God favors marriage & that’s just my opinion.

3. Diva

August 25, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Well the way these Love & Hip Hop marriages are set up, I just hope people are keeping the same energy with everyone else too. However, the last time I checked, they were saying Rasheeda and Kirk are “relationship goals” and they pretended Yandy didn’t have a whole big a-s wedding on TV just to never make that mess legal. Then her “play” husband didn’t know until she called him and told him. So yeah, I get Chrissy’s point. I feel like the only stable couple in this whole franchise is Remy & Papoose. And they were together while Remy was in prison for nearly shooting another black woman to death, so yeah…the dysfunction is everywhere. Don’t just call out the people you don’t like. Call them all out.

• Latasha Renee

August 25, 2020 at 12:36 pm

I think Bambi and Scrappy are solid.

• Yelp

August 26, 2020 at 12:48 pm

Bambi was his side piece which was played out at the Reunion with Erica

• 87Babii

August 25, 2020 at 11:15 pm

#Facts sis

• youwannabdownluis

August 27, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Diva i luv everything you said keep it 100

4. Natalie

August 25, 2020 at 12:34 pm

People have their opinions…like, love or hate them. Explaining yourself is something no one should have to do but you put it out there fir people to sat stuff about you. There’s nothing to prove to anyone.

• Taunya Curry

August 25, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Hey, I say if it works for them, leave it alone.

5. Pearl

August 25, 2020 at 1:17 pm

If she’s happy not being married then it is what it is. Personally, I don’t know why some people are so afraid of marriage. It doesn’t ruin a relationship.

6. Pat

August 25, 2020 at 2:09 pm

It was probably Yandy’s stans who came for her about this. The funny thing is Yandy’s a-s ain’t married either. And her excuse was marriage is just about paperwork anyway. Of course, her stans agreed with her just to turn around and drag Chrissy for not being married. You can’t make this dumb sh-t up.

7. Not boo boo the fool

August 25, 2020 at 11:31 pm

She is so full of sh-t lol. She humiliated herself on TV to propose to somebody’s baby daddy. What a fool. He will waste her time and marry some young thing when he gets older.

• youwannabdownluis

August 27, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Factz if he wamted That as a man i know it would have happened he doesn’t want that … From her i Think There more like family Than lovers at this point

8. Keyonna Jones

August 26, 2020 at 12:41 am

Just because people get married don’t mean their more happy. How many times has jay cheated on bey? Jordan got a divorce. Eddie on his second marriage. And bill cosby wife had to know what he was doing for all those years. They are happy. That’s all that should matter. I love them together! Married or not.

9. Dee

August 26, 2020 at 3:07 pm

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free!!!

• Mocha

August 26, 2020 at 9:54 pm

True!

• Barbara

August 27, 2020 at 3:30 am

he needs to move on and find him a woman that wants to marry him

10. Vivie

August 26, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Calm down Chrissy, u seem so triggered about this. The only thing you clapping back at is the third wheel in your relationship, your upper lip mole. JS