Quantcast
Shay Johnson Goes off on Iyanla Vanzant

Urban Belle Magazine

Shay Johnson Goes off on Iyanla Vanzant

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

Shay and her brother appeared on the latest season of “Love And Hip Hop Miami.”

Love And Hip Hop Miami” star Shay Johnson has never shied away from opening up about her life. But she will show another side of herself on “Iyanla: Fix My Life.” The reality star filmed the recent season of LHHMIA with her brother Emjay. She was placed in a tough situation after Emjay and Amara La Negra broke up. While Emjay is her brother, she also has a close friendship with Amara. So it wasn’t easy to navigate things when Amara ended the relationship, and she expressed her issue was being the breadwinner in the relationship.

Emjay and Shay appear on “Iyanla: Fix My Life” with the rest of their family.

Now the siblings are hashing out their family issues with Iyanla.

During the preview, it was revealed that Shay doesn’t get along with her mother. In her opinion, some of the issues stem from the fact that they are both very aggressive.

So things get very confrontational when they attempt to discuss their problems.

It was also revealed that Shay and her two siblings all have issues with their mother. Emjay would later break down in tears and question why their mother doesn’t love him. As the session progresses, emotions become harder to contain. And Shay gets to the point where she doesn’t think she can proceed. She doesn’t feel like the truth is being told either.

So she attempts to leave. In the process, she ends up going off on Iyanla.

1. Natalie

October 28, 2020 at 11:03 am

It just floors me how many of us are on this Earth walking around with hurt that runs through the depths of our souls. We scream yet no one hears us but on the ‘B’ side, we don’t let anyone help us when asked. We gloss over it all by saying “I’m okay.” One of the biggest lies we’ve all told. Why can’t we simply tell the truth and not be ashamed of saying “I’m not good today.”🤔

• kimberly

October 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Excellent post, Natalie!

• Natalie

October 28, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Thank you 😉!

• MsCoCoMango

October 28, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Bingo hit the nail on the head..

• Natalie

October 28, 2020 at 6:12 pm

I pay attention to how people act. It shows a lot. Shay as well as her siblings have been reaching out to their Mother all of their lives and she seems to have ignored them. I hope when I watch the show that their Mother doesn’t play the blame game and speak on their Father.

2. Anony

October 28, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Okay so I’ll never understand why so called celebrities feel the need to advertise their family disfunction on national television for the entertainment of others. Iyanla says things to these people for shock value. They should have called Lola from my 600 lb life. Also, in my opinion Shay is still chasing those reality tv checks like other z-list celebrities who think their to good to actually have a 9 to 5 like some of us do. No amount of money in the world could make me embarrass and humiliate my family on tv for a check. Period

• Queen

October 28, 2020 at 12:29 pm

Well said. I enjoy this show more when Iyanla doesn’t have reality stars on. A lot of the reality stars are just there for another check, so they run away when it gets real.

• MsCoCoMango

October 28, 2020 at 1:36 pm

BINGO!!! You say Althea on there? She was fake af and took pics of where she was when she was asked not include selfie’s or social media.

• edith person

October 29, 2020 at 5:56 pm

<Amen too that. Get the healing you need so you can move on and enjoy life.

• Natalie

October 28, 2020 at 6:22 pm

No argument there. I remember semi-way back on ‘Flava of Love’ her trying to get with Flav 🤨 competing against all of these other women essentially dumbing themselves down for tv. Really? I’m still trying to understand why he has so many children??!! Let me stop 😆. It still showed her reaching out for somebody.