Quantcast
Kanye West Cancels Vancouver Concert to Propose to Kim Kardashian

Kanye West Cancels Vancouver Concert to Propose to Kim Kardashian

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have had their lives changed tremendously since becoming happy parents to adorable baby girl North West and now it appears that life may be changing even more now for the high-profile couple. Despite false reports suggesting that Kanye had no desire to marry Kim (and Wendy Williams’ bold admission that Kim would only be his baby mama), it appears the rapper clearly had other plans. Late last night, it was confirmed by Kardashian affiliate E! News that Kanye popped the question and the couple is now officially engaged. And all of this went down yesterday, on Kim’s 33rd birthday.

According to the website, Kanye popped the question in style and actually rented out the San Francisco AT&T Park which is home to the San Francisco Giants. A 50 piece orchestra played Lana Del Rey’s track “Young and Beautiful,” and then of course to make it right, they then played Keri Hilson’s song “Knock You Down” which notoriously featured Kanye West and Ne-Yo.

He even got the jumbo screen to read “PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!” and the place was lit with roman candles and fireworks.

Kim of course said yes, and that’s when all of her close family members and friends ran out of one of the dugouts. It didn’t take long for photos of the special occasion to hit Twitter and Instagram. A publicist even attended the event and she posted the video to her own Instagram page. Check it all out below (Photo Credit: Instagram):

kim kardashian engagment ring

kim and kanye engaged

Interestingly enough, Kanye cancelled his Vancouver show which was scheduled the same night and we’re hearing it’s because he wanted to make sure everything went perfect. It’s also being reported that he also needed some time to get Kris Jenner’s approval just hours before.

This will be Kim’s third marriage and Kanye’s first. Congrats to Kim and Kanye.

In other news, we have to wonder what Wendy Williams is thinking. She did say she would eat crow if Kanye and Kim ever got married. While she won’t eat crow just yet because it hasn’t happened, it sure does look like these two will be heading down the aisle soon to us and Wendy will have to eat her words.

1. Tasha

October 22, 2013 at 9:06 am

He went all out and he did a good job putting this together. Too bad he did all this for Kim, one of shadiest women he could have hooked up with. Is she going to marry him because she loves him or for her reality show again? You just never know.

October 22, 2013 at 9:07 am

How are you only 33 and been married two times already? SMDH.

• Lay Lay

October 22, 2013 at 9:34 am

LOL.

3. Ms. Jackson

October 22, 2013 at 9:08 am

I think Kanye really loves her. The problem is Kim only loves Kim. She can’t be trusted. I don’t see this ending well.

• TrinaVA

October 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

Agree!! Kanye always loved Kim but Kim always loved Kim smh

October 22, 2013 at 9:08 am

I give them five years tops.

5. And What?

October 22, 2013 at 9:10 am

Are ratings really that bad? The Kardashians have been on it with the stunts lately. Lamar is on crack and Khloe about to divorce him, Kris and Bruce separate, and now Kim and Kanye are getting married? LOL. No wonder Kim called filming her reality show work. If your life was full of stunts and shows, it can feel like a job.

6. Fashionista

October 22, 2013 at 9:12 am

Very nice proposal! Now that’s how you do it. But I don’t buy the Kimye hype. Kim married the last guy for her reality show and she got with Kanye right after her image took a massive hit from the fake marriage. I don’t take anything she does seriously.

October 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

Kanye did a great job. I’m married, so I root for people to fall in love and get married. But I don’t like Kim and she’s a low down person who will do anything to stay in the spotlight. I just do not see this working out. Lord forbid Kanye ever loses money or becomes irrelevant. Kim will take the kid and find a new athlete or rapper. Smh.

8. Anon

October 22, 2013 at 9:15 am

I guess Kanye didn’t get the memo that you don’t turn hoes into housewives.

9. Heather B.

October 22, 2013 at 9:16 am

I’m happy for them if this means Kim will finally go sit down somewhere and go away. But I doubt she will. She loves fame more than anything else. Oh and money.

10. Kyla

October 22, 2013 at 9:17 am

I guess. It’s all for the reality show. When the show is over and Kim won’t need to stunt anymore, they will divorce. These people have no shame.

11. Get Busy

October 22, 2013 at 9:20 am

I’m happy for them. I know most won’t agree, but I think they really love each other. Kanye is perfect for Kim. He’s not ashamed of her and he’s really proud of everything about her. He also believes in her and thinks she can do things people don’t think she’s good enough to accomplish. You don’t have to like Kim to admit that every woman wants that in a man. A man that loves you unconditionally and won’t judge you by your past and thinks you’re perfect. Congrats to them. I hope they stay happy.

12. Nessa

October 22, 2013 at 9:23 am

Next up, another wedding special on E! Smh.

13. Alexus

October 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

He should have proposed. She had his child. It was the right thing to do and they deserve each other. Now hopefully they will go away.

14. Troll

October 22, 2013 at 9:32 am

It won’t last. It’s hard enough for famous people to stay married but Kim’s a fame whore who always has ulterior motives. She’ll bounce when she’s gotten all she needs out of this “relationship.”

15. Jamaica

October 22, 2013 at 9:33 am

I hope they get married and move out of the country! Please sweet baby Jesus!

October 22, 2013 at 9:33 am

Stunts and shows.

17. Gretta

October 22, 2013 at 9:34 am

Homegirl is only 33 and she’s going into her THIRD marriage. Now that’s a damn shame.

October 22, 2013 at 9:36 am

White men would never. The white men smash and pass Kim. SMH at the gullible black men. Marrying and impregnating industry trash and putting it on a pedestal like fools.

19. Hannah

October 22, 2013 at 9:37 am

LOL that engagement ring looks just like the ring Kris Humphries gave her! Hilarious!

October 22, 2013 at 9:38 am

Anything to stretch out her 15 minutes. Kanye is an idiot. He deserves all he’s going to get in a few years. They will do him worse than they did Kris and Lamar. Watch.

21. Ratchet Queen

October 22, 2013 at 9:39 am

Oh goodness. It begins.

22. Veronica

October 22, 2013 at 9:41 am

Nothing these two do shocks me anymore. They act like they are following a script. I just don’t care anymore. Best of luck to them but I think the public is losing interest. So hopefully they are doing this for the right reasons.

23. Shannon

October 22, 2013 at 9:42 am

Oh…

24. Peachy

October 22, 2013 at 9:43 am

Two attention whores. A match made in Heaven. Awesome.

25. ATL

October 22, 2013 at 9:44 am

I’m waiting for the day that we can focus back on real celebrities with talent who are interesting. Kanye used to be that way but he’s a full fledged Kardashian now. I’m over them. Get married and move to Paris. Please.

October 22, 2013 at 9:45 am

You got the biggest a-s and the biggest a-shole getting married. All is right in the world.

27. Jessica

October 22, 2013 at 9:46 am

I really hope Kim isn’t plotting and scheming again.

28. D. Val

October 22, 2013 at 9:47 am

Great proposal. I just don’t think he should’ve cancelled a show. Tours are planned, and I feel like things could’ve been planned around that. Special for her, kind of inconsiderate when it comes to his fans tho. But *shrug* congrats to them.

• Leslie

October 22, 2013 at 9:48 am

I was just thinking the same thing. He shouldn’t have cancelled the concert. He could have performed and just flew back to propose. It’s not like he didn’t have the money. People treat their fans any kind of way nowadays.

29. Meagan

October 22, 2013 at 9:47 am

They are on schedule. Kris Jenner is proud. Her cash cows are still in business.

30. Lauren

October 22, 2013 at 9:49 am

Congrats. Still not a Kim fan but Kanye seems very happy so I hope it works out.

31. Seriously?

October 22, 2013 at 9:56 am

Eh, I’ll reserve my congrats for authentic people who don’t do things for attention. #shrugs

October 22, 2013 at 9:57 am

Booty shot one day and a proposal the next. You gotta love what these celebs are teaching young girls. Show your a-s, make a sex tape, show your a-s again, and just maybe someone will marry you. Oh and you might have to have his kid first just to make sure he sees your value. Smh.

October 22, 2013 at 10:04 am

Good. Keep these two fools out of the dating pool.

34. Im Sayin

October 22, 2013 at 11:42 am

I’m a Kim K fan (don’t drag me please lol) but I am not excited about this. Kim doesn’t do well with marriage and I think they can be happy without getting married. She’s been married twice already. Not good. Some people just aren’t cut out for marriage and I don’t think Kim is.

• D. Val

October 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm

No dragging. But what are you a fan of? I’m curious in real life.

• Im Sayin

October 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Well I like her because she made an empire out of something most people would be embarrassed by. She took that sex tape and turned it into a reality show and multiple businesses. And she took care of her fam and helped them get rich too. The method may be questionable to most but I respect her hustle and her love for her fam.

35. Mya

October 22, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Fun fact: The cameras were rolling the whole time. Yes people, it will be on Kim’s reality show. This was all planned by Kim and co. Anything for ratings. Kanye is a puppet and a complete fool.

36. Colette

October 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm

WE want prenup,we want prenup!

• D. Val

October 22, 2013 at 4:28 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I heard this in my head and everything!

37. xedos

October 22, 2013 at 7:30 pm

The concert got cancel because the stage got held up a customs crossing the border and they did not have enough time to setup that big a-s stage. You think kanye just plan that proposal in 48hrs?

October 22, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Kanye sucks. He shouldn’t have cancelled that concert. He got dragged on Twitter by his Canada fans for it too. They didn’t even find out he cancelled the show until like three hours before it started. That’s why it’s not selling like that to begin with. He calls himself a god yet he’s struggling to sell tickets. Ha. I hope they both get married and go away. Enough already.