By: Amanda Anderson-Niles
Ciara stopped by the Breakfast Club this morning to discuss her upcoming studio album, “Jackie,” and she even opened up a little bit about her personal life and career struggles.
Here are the highlights of the interview.
On her failed relationship with Future:
“It clearly didn’t work out. But I have the greatest gift, the greatest joy in my life is my son. Honestly I feel like everything in life happens for a reason. My son has been the greatest gift God has given me in my life. And been the most game changing thing that has happened in my life in a necessary way.”
On the criticism surrounding her being with Future when he has multiple kids and baby mamas:
“I’m human. I went with love in that situation. I think that you can be with someone who has no kids and they could be the biggest jerk in the world. You could be with someone who is super wealthy and be the biggest jerk in the world…you can’t really call it. At the end of the day, I roll with love. My son’s father, I really believe had the greatest intentions in the world to love me and a beautiful thing came from that.”
– Her album drops next month
– She has no beef with Jermaine Dupri for claiming “I Bet” is a ripoff of “U Got It Bad”
– She has no ill feelings towards Rihanna despite their Twitter beef from a couple of years ago
– She was hoping to confront Charlamagne for always going in on her but he’s out of town
– Despite her low album sales, she refuses to give up on her music career
Check out the video below: