'Married to Medicine' Star Mariah Huq Confirms She Didn't Get a Contract for Season 8

‘Married to Medicine’ Star Mariah Huq Confirms She Didn’t Get a Contract for Season 8

Photo Credit: Bravo/YouTube

Mariah Huq’s time on “Married to Medicine” as a castmember may be over.

Even though Mariah created the show, she has always felt like she didn’t get any respect behind the scenes. She has addressed this on social media and pointed out how it’s unfair that she doesn’t get too many scenes with her family. So she feels even more disrespected now that she did not receive a contract for the upcoming season. This doesn’t make sense to her because she actually is married to medicine.

She updated her followers about it on Instagram. Check it out below.

When a follower said that the powers to be are still disrespecting the creator of the show, Mariah agreed.

1. Wanda Gibbons

April 8, 2020 at 11:56 am

Well when they see the show going downhill without the presence of Mariah they’ll think again or it’ll just simply get cancelled. You chose!

• Kay

April 8, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Yet they will keep Contessa boring a-s..

• Debbie Smith

April 8, 2020 at 7:35 pm

They need to get rid of that phony Quad, boring Jackie and ignorant Dr Heavenly.

• Joann Landers

April 9, 2020 at 2:08 am

What is wrong with u producers. Marsh is one if the best on the show. Look at Quad she is not even married to medicine anymore, why is she still on the show. Look at Heavenly what is she bringing except that 👄

• Hope

April 9, 2020 at 7:05 am

Now that’s the truth

• Ann

April 9, 2020 at 11:30 am

I agree, Quad is not interesting at all!!! Dr. Heavenly is messy! Everyone kisses Dr. Jackie a-s!!! The show is becoming boring!!!

• Linda Madison

April 17, 2020 at 4:29 pm

I totally agree those three works my nerve.Quad😡 is the reason I dont watch Sister Circle she thinks she’s above everyone Dr.Heavenly that voice grates my nerves🤪.Dr.Jackie is in a league of her own got a answer for everything.🤣🤣🤣

• Paula

April 9, 2020 at 7:42 pm

That’s if enough people stop watching. Im done watching.

• Miss.B

April 10, 2020 at 2:05 pm

This whole show is a hot mess with a bunch of crazy fake women with Professional titles behind their names with the exception of the one’s who are not married to medicine!!!!!girls bye to all of yall….boring a-ses

April 8, 2020 at 11:57 am

I don’t really think it’s a reason for me to watch anymore.

• Anonymous

April 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm

Same sis.

• No good

April 10, 2020 at 10:53 am

I hope the show gets canceled the show is Mariah. She keeps it real.

3. Ms. Jackson

April 8, 2020 at 12:07 pm

F-ck this show honestly.

• Ratchet Queen

April 8, 2020 at 12:46 pm

LMBO!

April 8, 2020 at 12:10 pm

M2M is going to be terrible without Mariah and Quad. I’m out.

• Coco

April 8, 2020 at 1:05 pm

I was hoping they would be friends again. I loved their friendship 😔. Oh well. I have no reason to watch next season. I don’t really like the others like that.

• No good

April 10, 2020 at 10:55 am

I agree

5. Anony

April 8, 2020 at 12:51 pm

This should be interesting because without Mariah heavenly wont have a story line other than bullying Simone and Cecil and perv watching Toya! This will definitely be my last season watching!

• Renee

April 8, 2020 at 1:59 pm

I personally never cared for Mariah. Just because you’re the EP that doesn’t mean a thing. Look what happened to Shauni O’neal. I am gonna miss Heavenly getting under her skin😂😂😂

• Tired

April 8, 2020 at 2:06 pm

You clearly don’t know much about the TV business. You’re too busy celebrating a black woman being dogged out on the show she created. Of course, you, another black woman are okay with this. What happened to Mariah happens to black women all the time in the TV business. Even the woman who created The Chi has no power over her own show despite its popularity on Showtime. And Shonda Rhimes doesn’t get paid nearly as much as her white peers when she’s more successful. But go ahead and laugh, sweetie. It ain’t like most of you have enough sense to realize a problem when you see it. Too busy picking sides on these reality shows for that.

• Diamond

April 8, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Thank you.

• Tameeka Lattimore

April 9, 2020 at 9:32 am

you nailed this. It’s sad black women are so blinded by what the real problem is and clearly Mariah has been standing up for the rights that she worked hard for only for other black women to help aid in the bullsh-t we fight against.

• Bee

April 11, 2020 at 3:56 pm

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

6. Jordan's Memory

April 8, 2020 at 12:53 pm

How can you be a producer and cut from your own show? I wonder if they doing what they said they did to Shaunie on BBW’s either u be behind the scenes or on the show but you can’t do both. I really don’t understand why they hate her so much she is the only one who seems to have a genuinely good marriage and not a bitter Betty like the rest of them ghetto unhappy wives.

7. Tea

April 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm

UB please post the video of Contessa laughing about Mariah being fired. Thank you!

8. Guest

April 8, 2020 at 1:37 pm

That’s disappointing. I think everyone that was on the cast brings something different. One things for certain, even if she’s not on the show, she still gets credit as the creator and producer.

9. Lady Ann

April 8, 2020 at 5:51 pm

I am tired of watching the M2M, RHOP and RHOA women behaving with such buffoonery. If you don’t behave like the stereotypes associated with the complexion, you are written off the show. Quad really doesn’t do anything for me but I really like Mariah and the others. I really don’t see a reason to watch without her. I missed her before, but respected that she needed a moment. It is great to watch her with Toya.

10. LadyBenz

April 8, 2020 at 6:03 pm

I wont be watching! The show has little to offer this viewer without Mariah even though I love Toya Who has then most class and honesty of the remaining cast. Heavenly messy, Jackie and Contessa passive aggressive lacking a story line, my opinion and Quad…girl bye on the come up at Her
    husband’s expense! Cheap, dishonest disrespectful female. Welp be looking at something else for sure!!

11. Trina

April 9, 2020 at 3:02 am

I liked that Mariah would say whatever she no matter the circumstances. Mariah stood by her friends, had a tongue in cheek attitude, liked to have fun. She picked the ladies for the show which is a good mix, even if they think they are better than she.
    Mariah being off camera as an executive producer may more of an experience for the ladies than they think.

12. wanda

April 9, 2020 at 6:29 am

If Mariah doesn’t return I won’t be watching. Simone and Mariah maje the show and with class. The others are trash in my opinion, well there story line not them personally, don’t know them like that.

13. Libby Jones

April 9, 2020 at 12:48 pm

So so happy she wont be back!

14. Meg

April 9, 2020 at 12:55 pm

I am NOT happy Quad and Mariah are gone. Heavenly is the only real entertaining one left. Next season will be trash. Sorry but Contessa and Jackie are boring. Why are they still there?

15. Josie

April 9, 2020 at 4:58 pm

I’m glad Mariah isn’t coming back. She’s overly annoying, Childish and her body language is annoying. She greets people by say good Morn-Ting. The rot word is morning. She needs to talk correctly and stop being so childish. Grown mature women don’t behave like her with that body language, always shrugging her shoulders and talking incorrectly.

• Kylie Jai

April 10, 2020 at 2:40 am

Childish? Quad’s childish if anything. Her WHOLE storyline is Mariah and that coke accusation was nasty. Let’s not forget Heavenly who’s just a complete mess. Nasty, bitter, jealous and just a mean spirit. Just like Jackie, fake and mean spirited. Now I ain’t saying Mariah a saint cause she’s said some things too but, the things these “ladies” say to her and about her are completely unacceptable and uncalled for. THAT’S childish.

16. No good

April 10, 2020 at 10:58 am

Dr.Heavenly is a bully and she brings the Show down. I will no longer watch the show.Quad is a hot mess and don’t bring any value to the show at all. I rate the show a 1.

17. Boring

April 10, 2020 at 11:01 am

18. BRENDA L FERGERSON

April 16, 2020 at 7:45 am

If anyone should go it should be Dr.Heavenly,then Jackie.I am done watching the show if Mariah doesn’t return.