Entertainment

‘Love And Hip Hop Atlanta’ Star Rasheeda Stands by Criticism of Jasmine Washington’s Parenting

Photo Credit: VH1

Jasmine had tension with Kirk and Rasheeda.

Love and Hip Hop Atlanta” stars Rasheeda and Kirk Frost went through a lot on the show. Their marriage has been tested many times. But Rasheeda almost pulled the plug on the marriage after Kirk had a child with another woman. To no surprise, it was a very emotional time for the couple. And Rasheeda was very hurt that Kirk would do this. However, they were able to save their marriage. They are in a much better place these days. Rasheeda has even claimed that the child, Kannon, is around them all the time now.

Jasmine Washington, the child’s mother, didn’t have the easiest time co-parenting. In fact, she clashed with Kirk quite a bit. And he was critical of her parenting. In fact, Kirk said that he believed Kannon was mainly raised by Jasmine’s grandmother.

Rasheeda had her own complaints. She didn’t like that Kanon was still wearing pull-ups at two years old. So she was critical about this on the show.

After the episode aired, Jasmine clapped back on social media. And she said that Kirk and Rasheeda can’t criticize her about anything because they only see Kannon when it’s time to film the show. So if they take issue with her parenting, they should help her and not criticize her.

Rasheeda got irritated by this and told Kirk they can’t peacefully co-parent if Jasmine is going to go off on social media when there’s an issue.

Rasheeda stands by her comments.

Interestingly enough, Rasheeda has no regrets. While she and Kirk were giving commentary on the scene recently, Rasheeda said, “I still stand by my d*mn potty training situation…What I believe in.”

Despite a really hard time in their marriage, Rasheeda believes saving their marriage was the right thing for them. She said, “It was a difficult time and difficult situation for me. But you know, if you’re gonna move past everything then you have to just do that.”

Check out the video below.

1. Tea

July 19, 2020 at 9:36 pm

And I still think she said this to be petty 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Stacy Moss

July 20, 2020 at 1:49 am

No,not necessarily mama because rasheeda was @ is rt tho. Kannon should b potty trained alrdy. Yes,I get every child learns at his or her own pace but come on nw. Sh-t, he sayin a couple of curse wrds too. So, “h-ll yeah”I’m wit rasheeda on that prt. Yeah I knw we all hv our own way of parenting our kid(s),but i still say personally take dem d-mn pull ups “off”. We blk families dnt do that. Peridot…. Mama u knw dis. We dnt b hvin dat kind of behavior…

• Sheika

July 20, 2020 at 7:57 am

Nah, Rasheeda was being messy and petty. If it was just about what’s right for the child, she would have told Jasmine this in private. She said it on television to hurt her. She’s still more angry with Jasmine than Kirk. And it’s dumb because he’s the one who took vows.

• Cheslea

July 20, 2020 at 10:01 am

You hit it right on the nail. She taking her anger out on Jasmine and trying to downplay her parenting to hurt her and make her look bad but she putting Kirk cheating a-s some kind of throne. I hate the situation because after Rasheeda found out he start acting funny with jazmine and even started to deny their baby just so he can win Rasheeda back, and it’s sad that he also downplay jasmine parenting skill around Radsheeda and she all for it because she still feel some type of way about the whole situation. But just like Jasmine said instead of criticizing her parenting they should help her.

• Margaret M Parker

July 20, 2020 at 4:46 pm

You women must be nuts. Rasheeda does not owe that woman anything, not even to co-parent. All she needs to do is be pleasant and not mistreat the child. Jasmine is the one having unprotected sex with someone’s husband. She knew what she was doing. She is the one who wants her baby on the show so that she will have extra income coming in. She wants to be relevant when she isn’t. Kannon is between Jasmine and Kirk. I sure would like to be a fly on the way if one of your(Shekia and Cheslea) guys mess around and bring an outside baby home. Be for real.

• Sheika

July 20, 2020 at 4:59 pm

I see you mentioned me Margaret. You said you’d like to see how I’d handle it if my husband had a child outside our marriage? Sis, why do y’all get on here and talk as if black women can’t be in healthy marriages? I’m in a very healthy marriage ma’am. Rasheeda’s reality is not mine. I watch this show because the situations are so outside the norm for me. None of these situations are my reality. I just don’t understand how people including Rasheeda are more angry at Jasmine than Kirk. I mean did she force him to impregnate her? Common sense is this, if you decide to stay with your cheating husband and you say you want a healthy coparenting relationship with the child’s mother as Rasheeda has said she does indeed want, perhaps it would be best to not insult her on a TV show. It’s that simple. I’m not sure why some of you are so triggered by comment.

• Lestine

July 23, 2020 at 4:59 am

Yes Rasheeda should b
            talking to the mother n
            private She should b with her hubby because it take 2 to tangle.

• Breezy

July 20, 2020 at 12:36 pm

I think you have been down this road that’s why the salty comment

• Sheika

July 20, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Not sure why my comment triggered you but I’ll bite. My comment wasn’t salty, just logical, and honest. I always find it strange when wives are angrier with the side chick than their husbands who cheated on them willingly. I’ve never understood it and probably never will. You assumed I’ve been in this situation when I’m happily married to a beautiful man I met in college. He didn’t have a baby outside of our marriage. And lastly, I’ve never slept with a married man. It’s amazing how people like you assume things about people just because they have an opinion that triggered you. Oh well, I stand by what I said. I do hope someday you develop the emotional intellect and mental stability to read differing opinions on blogs. Have a great day.

• Anyone else?

July 26, 2020 at 8:35 pm

All his kids say Rasheeda treats all of them the same way!! And when she feels like something should be done she lets them know. Ain’t nothing wrong with her wanting to get him out of diapers it’s hard to potty train boys Kandi started Ace and Riley at 1 years old!! She is his half parent and if she chooses to parent him with pushing him to be better then regular WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???? People just want to bash her but Jasmine is a prostitute pimped by Rod or did y’all forget that from the first time she was on there??

2. Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh

July 20, 2020 at 12:07 am

What a bi*ch. and that’s why she got her a low down cheater cuz she low down herself. Tuhhhhh

• Cheslea

July 20, 2020 at 10:03 am

H-ll yeah!!! He gone cheat on her again and her dumb a-s gone always take him back and then get on social media and try to justify why she took him back.

• Breezy

July 20, 2020 at 12:41 pm

These negative comments are just outraged to most of you that never even dated let alone a marriage!

• Uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhh

July 20, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Are you dumb stupid or slow… you made up in your mind that I’ve never dated or never got married because I’m not going to sit here and act like Rasheeda wasn’t being a bi*ch to this girl. I am happily married for 6 years actually with 3 beautiful brown babies. My husband has never once stepped outside our marriage… but I can tell yours have. Bye miserable.

• SexyLexie1217

July 23, 2020 at 11:44 pm

Ummmm. This is sooo messy but know this for sure Kirk is a grand cheater.
      That’s not his baby, that’s part of their storyline. Rasheeda is not leaving Kirk
      dirty [email protected] arsehole, adopted as a teenager because her mother was marrying
      her a retired army man..He’s been cheating since the beginning of their relationship
      and apparently Rasheeda gets women to come home with them. He groomed her
      so she’s so dumb she will do anything he tells her to do..I see why he talks to her
      mother any type of way, she gave her teenager daughter to Kirk, so her tells
      anything, he tell her to stfu. It’s a odd relationship.. Rasheeda is a lost cause
      because she’s blinded by love

3. Lor

July 20, 2020 at 1:42 am

You still dont have the right to speak on the woman’s child. Its like you are taking your anger out on the child and none of what happened is his fault. So what he is still wearing pull ups at 2 no every child potty trains early not to mention its not your problem so there is no reason to speak on that.

4. Traice

July 20, 2020 at 7:37 am

Yes she needs not to tell Jazmin how to raise her son when her husband denied him and was hiding him what real parent does that. And Rasheeda making him stay away from his son because she was embarrassed was wrong. Rasheeda made things worse than what it had to be Jazmin tried to apologize serval times don’t be mad at the woman be mad at your ugly husband smh

5. Xe

July 20, 2020 at 9:02 am

Being that everyone was aware of the marriage, the wife has the right to be angry with both parties.

Truth is, not every woman is a mother. If the child is still in pullups, on or off camera, embarrassed or not, some people need to be told how to care for a child. Where’s the shame in learning something about yourself?
    Unless, of course, it’s something you were already weary of and felt insecure about already. Hmm…

If “GROWN” people thought ahead of situations, weighed consequences, and didn’t act on every impulse, no one would be trying to figure out who’s right or wrong here.

• Miss Morgan

July 20, 2020 at 9:25 am

Rasheeda isn’t mad at both parties, she’s just mad at Jasmine. And no, you don’t have the right to criticize someone else’s parenting on a TV show when you’re trying to have a positive coparenting relationship. That’s counterproductive. How would Kirk and Rasheeda feel if someone came on the show and criticized their parenting? We’ve seen them fight in front of their kids and be messy for a TV check. Was that good parenting? I don’t understand why people idolize Kirk and Rasheeda so much. They are quick to shade Jasmine like they aren’t dysfunctional themselves. Rasheeda thinks she’s mother of the year because her babies are potty trained at two but she forgets her children are watching her stay in a toxic marriage. That has a much more negative impact on a child than wearing pull-ups at 2 years old. Every person involved in this situation is a mess period. At least Jasmine isn’t delusional about that while Kirk and Rasheeda walk around like they are ATL royalty. Yuck.

• Cheslea

July 20, 2020 at 10:08 am

Say that again for the people in the back!!!

• Tiffani Young

July 20, 2020 at 6:13 pm

AMEN!!!

• Margaret M Parker

July 20, 2020 at 6:28 pm

You and Ms. Morgan should stop. That is not Rasheeda’s baby so why is she being expected to participate in co-parenting. She has as much right to be angry at both of them. Jasmine knew Kirk was married and then she follows Rasheeda to Rasheeda’s events in order to force Rasheeda to talk to her. Rasheeda did not owe her a conversation. She was not a participant in tho unprotected sex act that begot that baby. Additionally, Kirk doesn’t have a job, Rasheeda makes the money. Can you imagine what she would have to pay him in a divorce just so he could take that money and spend it on another wh-re. Both of you need to GTFO. I’m just saying.

• Miss Morgan

July 20, 2020 at 6:47 pm

I don’t have to stop doing anything because this isn’t your blog. I’m not understanding what’s not computing for you. I didn’t say Rasheeda has no right to be mad at Kirk and Jasmine, I said the only person she’s mad at is Jasmine. And she looks stupid in this situation, which is another fact. And the last fact is it’s Rasheeda who said she wants a healthy coparenting relationship with Jasmine. If that is what she wants, she should probably stop the passive aggressive nonsense she keeps doing. There’s not anything wrong with my comments. The issue is you and others don’t like that Rasheeda is being criticized. And well that’s your problem not mine because she’s definitely not above criticism when she’s a willing participant in this circus. All three of these people are clowns period. This is what happens when Black women are so desperate to be married. If Rasheeda was a real boss, she’d eat the divorce because she knows she’s capable of making even more money without being in a toxic marriage to Kirk. Look at Wendy. She did it. When you know how to make money, you’ll take a loss and make it right back if it means being happy. And that’s all I have to say to you.

• Please get some sense

July 26, 2020 at 8:40 pm

They all agreed to be on the show. Jasmine is no saint and Rasheeda is still his parent in their home. All his kids say she treats them all the same and they love her. This is TV they are getting paid to make you mad🤷🏽‍♀️

• Nikole

July 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Whatever! Jazmine is a wh-re. Period. Yes, Kirk is a wh-re too…but guess what? His wife decided to take him back. Jazmine decided to not use protection knowing that Kirk is also sleeping with his wife! Sounds to me like she wanted to get pregnant. If a woman ALLOWS a man to sleep with her UNPROTECTED, he’s going to do it. She knew what could happen, and so did Kirk. She also knew that if she has a baby by a married man, that it’s very possible she will be raising that kid alone! Jazmine is NOT a victim…she was a willing participant in this! Rasheeda did NO wrong in this situation. Rasheeda was collateral damage. She doesn’t owe Jazmine respect, kindness, or anything else. Jazmine is the idiot in this situation…NOT Rasheeda. Rasheeda is not raising her kids alone. Jazmine is!

• Miss Morgan

July 20, 2020 at 5:47 pm

I really don’t care that you said Jasmine is a wh-re or an idiot. Where you and I differ is you seem to think Rasheeda comes out smelling like flowers in this situation when she doesn’t. She looks dumb as h-ll too considering her husband snuck and got a paternity test after Rasheeda had their son Karter because he said he couldn’t trust that the baby was his. This man literally treated his own wife like a wh-re on TV and you’re on here acting like Rasheeda ain’t an idiot for staying with him. She’s an idiot herself and she has low self-esteem just like Jasmine. And Kirk is a wh-re and idiot too for disrespecting his wife and children on television. Y’all are really on here arguing with people because they notice everyone in this situation is a clown. Y’all are so used to this weird LHHATL fanbase pretending this dysfunctional couple is some type of relationship goals that you can’t even take a few critical comments on here. Rasheeda is bragging about parenting like she ain’t made a fool out of herself for peanuts from VH1. I will not applaud her or pretend I don’t notice the contradictions for you people. You would think black women would be happy to see there are black women on here tired of toxic marriages being put front and center on reality shows targeted to us but here we are. You can argue with yourself because I’m done.

• Nikole

July 20, 2020 at 8:51 pm

Well I guess most of the married women in the world have low self-esteem too. Do you think marriages that have lasted 30, 40, and 50 years never went through any infidelity? If so, you are delusional and live in a fairytale world. Old married women will tell you that they have endured many many challenges in their marriages, but they are STILL with their husbands. Rasheeda is not stupid or weak, she is in love with her husband. Period! People who love each other, hurt each other all the time. It happens with family members, friends, and marriages. Nobody is perfect. I don’t idolize ANY celebrities, or see any marriage but my own as relationship goals. I didn’t go into my marriage expecting my husband to have no flaws. We communicate about everything, and that’s why we have been together so long. Yes, my husband has hurt me before, and yes I took him back. Yes, I have hurt my husband before, and yes, he took me back. Our bond is stronger than ever because of the mistakes we have made. We give 0 fu%$ about what anybody else thinks. We support each other no matter what. That’s love…and that’s REAL life.

• Nikole

July 20, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Oh, and women who willingly deal with married men…are wh-res! Point blank..Period! I will not backtrack on wth I said! If wh-res didn’t exist, men couldn’t cheat. Plenty of married men approached me when I was single, and still do. Guess what? I said no. That’s not hard. Women that do this know exactly what they are doing. That’s why they almost always come up short.

• Margaret M Parker

July 21, 2020 at 8:49 pm

It seems to me Morgan that you are the one who is up in arms. I am expressing my opinion which I have a right to as do you but you seem to take it personally as though you are the one being criticized. You seem to have a vendetta about Rasheeda. That’s too bad because nothing is going to happen as a result. You be safe and stop taking everything to heart as you seem to be doing. Neither Jasmine nor Kirk have anything coming. Rasheeda would not even be involved were it not for Jasmine looking to be important and Kirk being so wh-rish and not practicing safe sex. That was dangerous for all kinds of reasons so don’t try to convince me that Rasheeda not not right to be pissed.

• SexyKindaLady

August 6, 2020 at 1:39 pm

I Totally Agree. And, In addition to that. IF Rasheeda was really 100% Accepting of Lil Handsome Baby Kanon(Her Stepson) like she said Then,😏 Why won’t She Encourage (Her Lowdown Cheating Husband Kirk) To Get At LEAST 50% VISITATON with Kanon (I’m sure His B.M.Jasmine) would Love that. ~But, Clearly that’s NOT What Rasheeda wants. Rasheeda wants it just like it Tis’ with Kirk Only Paying Child Support with “NO Visitation”. She’s Jealous that Karter is Not Kirks Youngest & It’s with Another Woman & She still Hurting. Rasheeda Only wants Her Baby Karter to have that Father-Son Bond with Kirk. She Don’t want Kirk to have the EXACT Father-Son Bond with His Son Kanon. And, That’s Sad on Her Part,Being a Mother. Bottom Line… Rasheeda Don’t wanna see Kanon running around Her “Family Home” Again like the First & Only (So Far) of Kanon being in Her Home according to Jasmine and, alledgedly that was for Production Filming/ Public T.V Forum. A Blind Person could see The Hurt on Rasheeda’s Face when Kanon was There. And,U could that Kanon Loved being around the other kids that He doesn’t know Today yet is His Other Family too. And, “Today” The Only Thing Rasheeda can Speak on Today is The Pull-up Statement she made and says”She stands by what she said about Potty Training” Seasons Ago. SMH… It’s Too Painful for Rasheeda to have Kanon in her Home (Not Painful for Kirk).Kirk was Happy to see Rasheeda being Accepting If His “Love Child”. But, Looking back, It seems it was for Filming (On Rasheeda’s Part). Bcz Kanon is a Constant Reminder to Rasheeda that Her Husband Actually made a Whole Child that Kirk Is Responsible to Take Care Of until Kanon is (18 yrs.Old).~ Since, Rasheeda choose to Stay with Kirk after He Publicy Humiliated Her SMH…Now Kirk knows that He could Cheat on Rasheeda Again. Rasheeda didn’t want to Divorce Kirk bcz she didn’t want Kirk running back in His B.M.Jasmine’s Arms.~ Kirk needs to MAN-UP & Start Bonding with His Babyboy Kanon so, Both Karter & Kanon can Start Bonding as Brother’s (From Anotha Mother) through Bi-Weekly OVERNIGHT Visitation in Their “Family Home”. And,Only Then Rasheeda can Start Her “Mental Healing” Procees once She Encourages Her Husband to Start The Bi-VISITATION. And,by Rasheeda seeing Kanon Everytime He goes to Visit & Bond with His Father and His Big Bro.Karter Then,Overtime (Years) Rasheeda will Grow to Love Kanon as Her Own Child & Her Son Karter’s Brother. Bcz They are Brothers For Life. #GODSLove~

6. Tiffani Young

July 20, 2020 at 6:11 pm

Kannon is not Rasheedas son so who is she to say how someone’s child is to be raised? That’s Jasmine’s problems not hers.

July 20, 2020 at 9:03 pm

There are a lot of Black women staying in toxic marriages and taking all their anger out on the mistress and not the husband. However. I’m happy to see that more and more black women are waking up and realizing, no this is not required to be married. And no, this is not what marriage is about. This is why it’s important to have great self esteem and have your own money. The black community normalizes dysfunction way too much for me. Tolerating things most black men wouldn’t isnt honorable, it’s stupid. I agree that Rasheeda is just as foolish as the other two. I’m thankful I didn’t stay with any of the toxic men I met in the past. I wouldn’t be happily married now if I did. I do remember how some people told me my standards were too high and I’d never find a man like my husband.

8. Gladys

July 21, 2020 at 9:02 pm

Miss Morgan, Sheika, Queen, Tea, Ughhhh and Chelsea nailed it with all of their comments. No one in this situation looks good and for the life of me, I don’t understand why Viacom keeps trying to make Rasheeda and Kirk out to be goals…oh wait, I do know. Anyway, a lot of Black women normalize suffering just to stay married. Black women need to make sure they don’t have low self esteem. Rasheeda looks crazy criticizing someone about a two year old wearing pull ups considering how messy her and Kirk have been well before Jasmine was even in the picture. It’s a hot a-s mess and they have been a joke since season one.

9. Mariah

July 22, 2020 at 10:49 am

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one annoyed by the way they keep trying to make Rasheeda and Kirk seem like this amazing couple. In the last few seasons, there has been a lot of a-s kissing. I mean the rest of the cast stays overhyping these two and the fans do now as well. It’s weird. And troublesome. We have to stop praising struggle love.

• Hot Girl

July 23, 2020 at 12:08 am

This is sad!… I agree with what everyone said here!!
      I think everyone’s opinions is valuable, because at the end of the day everybody knows what they can or can not tolerate in a relationship!
      Would I stay in my marriage if my husband stepped out…🤔probably not, specially if he impregnated that person?? H*ll NOt!
      One- you are nasty! You could’ve bought me an STD
      Two- You obviously have no self respect
      Three-you have not respect for me or your family.
      I don’t judge anyone to stay in a relationship where one has cheated. In fact someone mentioned that older couples stay while the cheated. However this are very different times.
      In my opinion, if one decides to stay they need to be mentally and emotionally prepare to deal with any of the consequences that comes with it. In the case of Rasheeda and Jazmine they need to be courteous, not for them but for the baby.
      Parenting does not come with a manual, Rasheeda should not under any circumstances criticize Jazmine for the way she’s raising her son.
      Co-parenting mean working together respectfully for the best interests of the child

• Noel

July 29, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Struggle love. You hit the nail on the head. Struggle love is NOT goals!! Struggle lovers deserve our sympathy and empathy and compassion, but not our admiration.

10. LovelyCDB

August 7, 2020 at 3:45 pm

At the end of the day it really don’t matter because it’s their situation and people handle things differently. Is Kirk and Jaz wrong? H-ll yeah. He wrong for even disrespecting his vows that he took and she wrong for sleeping with a marriage man. But who is anyone to tell someone who they don’t know personally or care about how to feel and act. Different strokes for different folks.

11. ShortStuff

August 8, 2020 at 3:26 pm

Yall acting like infidelity is just a normal trial of marriage and part of the “ups and downs” are just as stupid as Rasheeda’s a-s. Nah.
    Yall taking up for Rasheeda amaze me. She’s stupid and bitter. She’s in that train wreck of a marriage to keep that man away from Jasmine. She’s never been a “boss b-tch” and never will be. She ain’t woman enough to live without that man. She wants a good coparenting relationship for Kannon’s sake, then STFU and stop making petty, passive aggressive comments on TV. Speak that ish in person. Woman up, grow up and do what needs to be done without making drama for everyone.