Entertainment

Kandi Burruss’ Baby Daddy Block Responds to RHOA Premiere + Kandi Sets The Record Straight

Photo Credit: Bravo

Block doesn’t like being discussed on “Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

Kandi Burruss discussed Riley Burruss’ father Russell “Block” Spencer on the recent episode of “Real Housewives of Atlanta.” They were talking about Riley preparing to go off to New York to attend NYU. She is working towards becoming an attorney. Since Riley never really had a relationship with Block, she figured the least he could do is help pay her tuition. According to Kandi, Block owes about $100,000 in unpaid child support.

Block has accused Kandi of making him her storyline on the show.

Kandi addressed this on “Speak On It.” She believes that Block made himself a storyline.

According to Kandi Burruss, Block agreed to be on the show years ago.

She said, “Let me make this very clear because I know he said that he feels like he’s the storyline. But I feel like he made himself a storyline. The reason I say that is because when we first came on the show, huh, twelve years ago, Riley and I…obviously, I was a single mom at the time and you know everybody knew her dad wasn’t necessarily in her life.”

Kandi continued, “But I never would say his name. And I never really gave too many details about him because obviously, people who knew me knew who he was. But it wasn’t like the world didn’t know. So I would try not to give too many details about him. But I can’t remember what season that was. I guess she was like 15 so it had to be just three years ago. He popped up on the show. And no, I did not know he was coming on. I did not have anything to do with that.”

Kandi Burruss believes Block is fair game.

It is revealed that Carlos King invited Block on the show when he was at the helm, “At the time, Carlos King was our producer. And his production style was he would like for you to not know what was going to happen or he would have people show up that you dealt with in your life or whatever at some point. But it may be an uncomfortable relationship.”

Kandi added, “So to me, once that happened, it’s like okay well now it’s like okay we’re open to discuss it because you made it that way. And that’s how I feel going forward. It’s not that I really wanna have a lot of discussions about him or our situation, but it’s just like now clearly anybody who has been a viewer of the ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ for all these seasons kind of really know what’s going on in our dynamic. It is what it is. I don’t feel like I have to be too secretive about it but at times when I watch it back, it does make me cringe when I overshare.”

As for Block, he’s still not here for being mentioned on RHOA. After one of his Instagram followers called him out after the episode, he said “I wanna be sarcastic/ i don’t give a d*mn bout that fake a*s sh*t.”

1. Izzy

December 10, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Kandi has already done this storyline. Boring.

2. Trina

December 10, 2020 at 8:34 pm

It was boring the 1st time too. She didn’t want the man around and he didn’t want to be around.

3. Scorpio13

December 11, 2020 at 3:06 pm

If he doesn’t want to be in his daughter than go get that money. I don’t blame Riley one bit, stop trying to have a relationship with someone who doesn’t. Been there down that.

4. Veta

December 11, 2020 at 6:05 pm

Just let it go he is who he is if he don’t want to be there for her and really he will regret it so move on he’s like so many dads that don’t pay child support Thank God you don’t need him financially

5. Gilbert Ford

March 30, 2022 at 10:11 am

I am a divorced dad to (3) successful adult children. My child support was $1300.00 a month back in 1984. NEVER, missed a payment and was NEVER late! My dad instilled responsibility in me. So I don’t buy Blocks stance none-what so ever. As for Riley, all of my kids and grand kids have college under their belts respectively. She should try working AND going to school, it would teach her something more than entitlement! As for her mother Kandi, she has always been a drama queen and never really grasped the meaning of having an understanding, EVERYTHING was always about her. Look at her Xscape debacle. Self-centered with the elementary of concern for others.

• Shannon

March 30, 2022 at 10:31 am

Block is literally in a new video defending being a deadbeat dad and you have more anger and insults for Kandi and Riley. Why are you and others in the black community so tolerant of problematic men and critical of everything black women and black girls do? For you to be a father, you really sat here and called a young black woman entitled for wanting her father to do his part financially. It’s also disturbing that you think it’s wrong for her to want her parents to pay for her college education. This mentality is why so many young black people struggle and can’t get ahead as adults due to massive student loan debt. Other communities understand paying for your child’s college education and helping them with a down payment on their first home isn’t entitlement, it’s good parenting. It’s a blessing if parents can do this. Stop acting like struggle is necessary. We’re the only community who thinks this way. Riley is a great kid and future lawyer. Have some respect.