Quantcast
T.I. Says He Would Have Killed George Zimmerman if Trayvon Martin Was His Son

Music

T.I. Says He Would Have Killed George Zimmerman if Trayvon Martin Was His Son

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Rapper T.I. has never been one to mince words, and in the light of George Zimmerman being found not guilty for the murder of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, many celebrities are speaking out and taking a stand against what they feel is an injustice. While some celebrities are boycotting the state of Florida for its infamous Stand Your Ground law and showing up to rallies in honor of Trayvon Martin, others are speaking out and letting their feelings be known. While many can agree Trayvon’s parents Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin have been exceptional and very honorable throughout what they feel is a nightmare, most can admit they probably couldn’t have done the same. In fact, rapper T.I. got very raw in his recent interview with Power 98 Morning Maddhouse and he said if Trayvon was his son, he would be the one on trial because he would have put justice in his own hands and killed Zimmerman. He says:

“My hat goes off to the Martin family, because if it was me and my child, there wouldn’t have been no trial. ’d have been on trial. It would’ve been the trial of the father who killed the man who killed [his child]. That would have been my story. My hat goes off because [the Martin family] are much more clear and level-headed thinkers than [myself].”

While the rapper is catching a lot of heat for his comments, he doesn’t seem to be fazed at all by the backlash.

1. Ms. Jackson

August 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

T.I. just said what a lot of people were thinking. That’s why I have so much respect for Trayvon’s parents.

• Seriously?

August 1, 2013 at 11:16 am

Agreed. They have been classy the whole time. Zimmerman’s fam, not so much.

2. Shannon

August 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

Who’s giving him flak for this? Zimmerman’s racist supporters? Who cares what they think.

3. Gabriella

August 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

I respect T.I. he might get backlash but that’s on some real. People are so busy slandering Trayvon they forget he was a child at the end of the day and if someone murdered my child it would take every ounce in me not kill them.

August 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

And they would throw his black a-s under the jail too. We don’t get off like non blacks do, TI remember?

5. Fanny

August 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

I can’t even be mad at him for this. I question what I would do too. I don’t know if I could take the high road like Tray’s parents have. Especially when Zimmerman and his stupid brother keep saying things like “it was God’s plan” and “I dare you to file a civil lawsuit.”

August 1, 2013 at 11:10 am

Another reason I love TI.

7. My 2 Cents

August 1, 2013 at 11:12 am

Zimmerman is walking around Florida again with a gun like nothing happened. I wish someone in FL did have TI’s mentality. Seriously. I know it’s not right to wish death on anyone, but that’s how I feel. Eye for an eye dammit.

• 617

August 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Oh no, sweetheart! I was watching the news this morning and he was just pulled over in Texas and when the officer approached him, he basically said, do you know who I am? The officer came back after he told him he had a licensed concealed weapon and told him not to play with his gun and lock it in the glove compartment and sent his fat a** on his merry way. SMDH

August 1, 2013 at 11:13 am

I can’t even say I know what I would do if it happened to my kid (when I have kids). You never know unless you’re in their shoes one day. And no one should have to bury their child. No one.

August 1, 2013 at 11:16 am

I woud be in jail too. Especially since my son got no justice in this crooked a-s country.

10. Yeah I Said It!

August 1, 2013 at 11:17 am

An eye for an eye…that’s the only way people will stop killing our kids.

11. Zodiac

August 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

I don’t think more violence is the solution to ending violence. But I understand how TI feels.

12. Anon

August 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

I’m sure faith in God is why Tray’s parents haven’t done anything to hurt GZ. They know God is God and he will handle it. It looks like Zimmerman got away with murder but he really didn’t. Trust and believe. God sees all. And he saw what happened that night and will have the last word.

• Blessed

August 1, 2013 at 11:48 am

Well said

13. incognegro

August 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

I can respect T.I. for being honest here. I can see T.I. actin like Samuel Jackson on the witness stand.

14. Hater

August 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

He said what many of us have been thinking all along. *applauds*

15. D. Roser

August 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

I hope T.I. took to time to talk about this with his sons. I am talking to my son about this all of the time.

16. Sasha Thumper

August 1, 2013 at 11:31 am

T.I., I feel you bruh!

17. Marie

August 1, 2013 at 11:35 am

Where would T.I. get the gun from?

18. HowAboutThat

August 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm

He’s just saying what many people were thinking.

19. nyc girl

August 1, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I agree with TI………………I ain’t mad at you