Rihanna Gives Status Update of R8 + Reveals Kanye West is Responsible for Delay

Rihanna Gives Status Update of R8 + Reveals Kanye West is Responsible for Delay

Photo Credit: Instagram

Photo Credit: Instagram

Rihanna’s Navy has been anticipating the release of her eighth studio album, but so far there hasn’t been much of an explanation for the delay.

Well now the pop star has opened up on the album’s stagnation.

In a recent interview, Rihanna claims scheduling conflicts have made it hard to get in the recording studio.

Click “next” to find out why #R8 is still on hold.

September 18, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Where’s that one annoying Rihanna stan who keeps obsessing over Ciara but doesn’t seem to care as much about her fave’s imaginary 8th album? Now this is why you need to worry about Rihanna more than Ciara. While y’all have been shading everyone else, Rihanna’s music career is in some serious trouble.

• Chelly

September 18, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Well…

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Did I tell any lies? She’s always on here trying to drag Ciara but Rihanna has had how many “boyfriends” in the last few months? Ciara may have flopped but at least she finished and released her album!

• My Fave Ends Careers

September 18, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Lmao oh please. Rihanna doesn’t need to rely on music anymore to make money or stay relevant. She’s a fashion icon and has an empire. Right now she’s working on a makeup line. She’s not pressed to make music and neither is Kanye because they generate wealth in multiple ways. And she does it without needing fake relationships too. When will Ciara?

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Fashion icon? How? By wearing trends from the 90s and pretending like she’s the first to do it? By managing to always make everything she wears seem trashy? Girl just sit down in the corner please. Rihanna is nowhere close to being a fashion icon. She’s just another pretty face who wears what’s handed to her and gets all the praise because she’s a pop star.

• My Fave Ends Careers

September 18, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Anna Wintour disagrees with you. Stay mad though. Lmao!

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Who cares? Anna can’t even dress herself and she’s been wearing the same ugly hairstyle for like 5 decades.

• Gabriella

September 18, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I have to agree with this.

2. Get Busy

September 18, 2015 at 4:22 pm

This is why I got nervous when I found out she was working with Kanye again. Kanye is not who he used to be anymore. He is no longer passionate about music. Now all he cares about is being a Kardashian and trying to pretend he’s some fashion genius. I love Rih but she made a bad choice giving him control over this era. His last album struggled so why even work with him now?

• SMH

September 18, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Girl I completely agree. I can’t stand Kanye. He has no concern about this album and we’ve been waiting on it forever. Rih is too loyal sometimes.

3. Drea

September 18, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Don’t mind me…. I’m just here for the comments.

• Nessa

September 18, 2015 at 5:11 pm

LOL. Me too.

September 18, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Then she needs to remove him from the project. I’m sorry but this is a ridiculous reason for an album being delayed. If he’s not concerned about her album, she needs to work with other people who actually care.

5. Lizzie

September 18, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Ok this is making me nervous. At first I was like yeah Empress got it but I’m concerned now.

6. Chelly

September 18, 2015 at 4:28 pm

I thought everyone got the message about Kanye being looney now and to stay far away professional wise. Jay doesn’t even seem interested in doing WTT part 2 with him now, and Bey only gave him the DIL remix because he’s too messy to give too much power to. Rihanna should know better. He ain’t the Kanye he used to be. HIs mind is gone.

7. My Fave Ends Careers

September 18, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Don’t worry, Rihanna will drop the album when she’s good and ready and it will go platinum because she has loyal fans who actually support her work. When you’ve solidified yourself as an icon, you can take your time releasing new music.

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Yes, it will go platinum because you and the rest of the shipwreck crew need stats to brag about on the blogs. Meanwhile, she will evener get real accomplishments because she’s too lazy to get vocal training and an actual stage presence.

• My Fave Ends Careers

September 18, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Girl seethe. Rihanna will go platinum because she makes good music. That’s why she has so many number ones. Don’t worry about her legacy, she’s goodt!

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 5:00 pm

You think having number ones matters in 2015? LOLOLOLOLOL

8. Fashionista

September 18, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Ugh really Kanye? He’s too busy making terrible fashion and hideous clothes for flop NYFW fashion shows? He needs to just accept fashion is not his thing. Music was and he almost ruined that with that last album he put out.

September 18, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I feel like Kanye is purposely trying to sabotage Rihanna and Beyonce because in Kim’s pathetic little mind, they are her competition. Especially Beyonce. And that’s hilarious seeing as Kim literally has no skills or talents. Her competition is Paris Hilton. LOL.

• Peachy

September 18, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I’m not sure about Rih but definitely Bey. Kim is obsessed with her. She paid for all those fake IG followers just to beat out Bey, but once Taylor Swift mollywhopped her, she quietly sat down because she doesn’t mind Taylor outdoing her. In her mind, Bey is her competition and even Kanye slipped up and confirmed that she feels that way in the TBC interview. It’s weird because Kim and Kanye are really obsessed with Beyonce.

• Jasmine

September 18, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Nothing but the truth.

• Treasure8430

September 18, 2015 at 5:16 pm

LMAO and she is not even in competition wit htat bish cuz that bish doesn’t have to cling on to people for relevance or even do work….her last name is Hilton and u see that shyteverywhere

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Ha good point!

10. Music Lover

September 18, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Rihanna is smart. She will eventually reach her breaking point with Kanye and recruit someone else to produce her album. I predict it will be out early next year.

11. Im Sayin

September 18, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I’m not surprised by this at all. Kanye is just not really passionate about producing anymore. He does some here and there when he can for people he likes, but to commit to an entire album that isn’t his right now? Nope. This won’t end well.

12. MissMa_ri

September 18, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I hope her album is not a disaster like Kanye’s “fashion” line. 🙁 I agree, she should get rid of him and work with someone else. Poor Kanye though, he was such a genius before he became a Kardashian.

13. Gabriella

September 18, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Now it’s starting to make sense Kanye is the reason for the delay of the album. I understand Kanye and Rihanna are friends but business is business and if he can’t fulfill his obligations he needs to be removed. Navy should be dragging Kanye for this.

14. Yeah I Said It!

September 18, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Navy…

Y’all gone get Ye together for this or nah?

• Anonymous

September 18, 2015 at 5:25 pm

That’s what they need to do but they’re too busy dragging Ciara.

15. Anon Chick

September 18, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Now I’m pissed. I really thought she would drop it in November but it sounds like it’s nowhere near finished. Smh.

16. Lauren

September 18, 2015 at 5:05 pm

People still see the old Kanye and refuse to admit he’s not the same. I wouldn’t ask him to produce my album.

17. Heather B.

September 18, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Now I like Rihanna but I have to hold her accountable for this too. When she realized Kanye was too booked to do the album, she should have moved on and gotten a new producer. It’s not like she doesn’t have the connections. It just seems like to me she’s not really interested in this album either. And I understand somewhat because artists aren’t making a lot of money from albums anymore or even singles. The money comes from touring and I don’t think Rihanna likes touring. She has more passion for fashion, makeup and business projects instead. And she should because they pay very well.

September 18, 2015 at 5:12 pm

lmao this is terrible

19. Treasure8430

September 18, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Ummmmmm I read this post and I’m wondering why the hell she’s waiting for Kanye……isn’t he busy making long a$$ ugly metrosexual shirt dresses wit baggy sleeves In Anna Wintours favorite colors Black, White, Grey and Blite????? She must not give a damn about her own album there’s a lot of other producers who r out here producing hits….she smoking her brain cells away

20. Kyla

September 18, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Someone told me they think Rih’s falling off and I told them they were crazy. I don’t know now. For her to not really care about what’s going on with this album is interesting. Very interesting. I think she’s over doing music now and that’s her right.

21. Gloria

September 18, 2015 at 5:18 pm

All this means to me is Rihanna has checked out. Every artist hits a wall at some point and they have to decide if they want to stay in the game. Rih sounds a little uncertain.

22. O-La

September 18, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Yikes. I need her to fire Kanye.

23. My 2 Cents

September 18, 2015 at 5:27 pm

A mess.

24. IJS

September 18, 2015 at 5:39 pm

She seems lazy tbh. She could just find someone else if Kanye is too busy.

25. Lovey

September 18, 2015 at 5:47 pm

This to me sounds like an excuse and cop out. There are so many hot producers out right now who are popping way more than Kanye. This is her career not Kanye’s on the line. And I’m not buying that busy schedule excuse either. Rihanna just wants to get high and [email protected] different [email protected] she don’t care about no album. People keep saying that she is starting to fall off and I have to agree. Lately every time she is seen its in a club, concert or party with a blunt or drink in her hand. Oh well :-/

26. Shannon

September 18, 2015 at 5:52 pm

It doesn’t sound like she cares.

27. Moe

September 18, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Weakest excuse ever. I want some new music.

28. Mz Cruz

September 18, 2015 at 6:22 pm

I really question her decisions lately. Kanye produced FourFiveSeconds and it was very mediocre. Judging by that why is she even letting him produce her whole album? Seems like that Rihanna reign is starting to come to and end.

29. Seriously?

September 18, 2015 at 6:38 pm

*blank stare*

September 18, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I mean I’m not trying to shade or anything, but Rihanna doesn’t have to do music ever again and she will be set for life…her family too. So for some people to be on here trying to shade and call her lazy is just dumb to me. Rihanna is at the point that she can do what she loves now. Music is like a 9 to 5 to her at this point. Unnecessary.

31. Viv

September 18, 2015 at 10:16 pm

She needs to do better. People are ready for a new album.

September 18, 2015 at 11:48 pm