Sway in the Morning Host Sway Calloway Tells Rapper He Alienated Non Black Women with Black Women Praise

WTF? Sway Calloway Tells Rapper He Alienated Non Black Women with Black Women Praise

Sway Calloway, Host of MTV’s TRL and Shade 45’s Sway in the Morning, had some questioning for rapper Nick Grant that is drawing controversy.

During their interview on TRL, Sway asked him about his song and video “Black Woman.”

Specifically he asked the following:

You got this amazing track and video called “Black Woman.” Why did you put this out? You know, because, I don’t know, you alienate a lot of women who aren’t black.

But it seems like it was directed towards misguided youth or woman…

Nick answered that the song was a dedication to the black women in his life that helped raise him.

To touch on what you just said, love to all woman, this is just an ode to the women that were in my life. The village of women that raised me and kind of fed me, clothed me, gave me encouraging words to get me through it at a kid. Because, for me as a youngin’, it was really rough.

All I had was women outside of my grandfather who I would go to house everyday, and listen to those jazz records, and get that manly advice. But for the most part, Monday through Friday was all women.

So I felt to not make this kid of record for them, I feel like it took too long. I felt like they deserved it. They don’t get enough respect and enough attention.

If that wasn’t enough, Sway asks if he loves non-black women.

But to the asian women and Latina and caucasian women, and Swedish women, German, French women, Nick Grant love you too. Right, man?

However, Nick did his best to remain cool.

We love all the women. Love to all the women.

Lastly, Sway asked Nick if he would date a non-black woman. Nick jokingly told Sway he’s not trying to go there.

Love is love, I love who I love. I relate to…

You kind of put me in a position.

Check out the interview below.

After the backlash got really thick, MTV stripped the full interview from YouTube.

1. Debra

June 20, 2018 at 4:17 pm

What is going on with these black men in the industry? So many of them are c–ns. It’s sad.

• Shayla

June 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm

It just shows you how effective white supremacy has been and continues to be. Sway is trash.

• Im Sayin

June 20, 2018 at 5:04 pm

It’s crazy isn’t it? It’s like the higher up they make it in the industry, the more they become anti black women.

2. Lisa

June 20, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Black women can’t have anything to ourselves. We are the only race of women who are expected to share praise. Ain’t that some sh-t?

June 20, 2018 at 4:57 pm

I wish people would stand by the ignorance that they put out. They should not have deleted the video. If that’s how he feels, make him own it. That way we can choose to no longer support Sway. I hate that this was swept up under the rug.

4. Ms. Jackson

June 20, 2018 at 5:03 pm

F-ck Sway. He’s just mad not everyone buys into the idea that black women are inferior like he does.

5. Im Sayin

June 20, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Well Sway is cancelled.

6. Gabriella

June 20, 2018 at 5:05 pm

I’m completely disgusted but not surprised that another black man has tried to marginalize or minimize black women this ish is ridiculous smh.

June 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm

He’s disgusting. I’m no longer a fan.

8. Alice Cambells

June 21, 2018 at 2:37 am

But black women have always been ignored and left out. Wtf is sway talking about? Does he treat his mother like she don’t matter either?

9. 100

June 21, 2018 at 4:52 pm

I’ve never liked this dude. Looks like I got it right. Something about him seemed very c–nish. When ya know, ya know I guess.

10. june henry

June 24, 2018 at 9:48 pm

I find it so strange when BLK men who wouldn’t be welcomed into the brown paper bag club. Spite so much hate against BLACK WOMEN. The world is already against us. Us DARKSKIN WOMEN have to give 120% to be respected and still we are the LAST picked and FRIST TO BE SHUNNED. SWAY ur MAMA shouldn’t CLAIM YOU RIGHT NOW B/C U OBVIOUSLY HATE HER AND THUS YOURSELF.