Entertainment

Eva Marcille Has Some Words for Kandi Burruss in Recent Interview

eva from rhoa

Photo Credit: Instagram

When it comes to being accused of being a colorist, Eva Marcille has had about enough.

She’s already denied that her remark about Shamea was rooted in colorism.

The RHOA newbie even called out Kandi Burruss for making the accusation on social media.

Now Eva has more to say in a recent interview.

This is what she told Mara, The Hip-Hop Socialite, when asked about it:

That was recklessly irresponsible, recklessly irresponsible. To make an indictment like that that’s so sweeping to say that I have an issue with color is a huge problem. Furthermore, not to clarify it, but even if you had that notion, which I gave you no reason to have that notion, but if you have some type of past issues growing up in the south and being a beautiful, darker complexion black woman and that’s your hang-up – you know what I’m saying – then I appreciate that, but that’s not my issue. I never had that issue, and I definitely know it exists. It’s a huge problem in communities of color, and not just African Americans, but in the brown community, in the Middle Eastern community, you know, and so to make an accusation like that, I think it is very irresponsible for someone who does not like false accusations said about her. I think it’s disingenuous because she knew what she was doing, and even if she didn’t say the exact words ‘she doesn’t like dark skinned girls’, to make that assertion of maybe she was saying – I made no assertion that way at all. Unless she said something, no one would’ve thought that – “black with a q”, are you serious? I don’t know, but I’m definitely a black woman with black parents, and I never associated “black with a q” to mean anything about dark versus light, so I think it was extremely irresponsible.

December 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Of course Eva wouldn’t have a “hangup” over this because she’s light skinned. What an insensitive response this was.

• blackrose

December 18, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Exactly

• tammyfair

December 18, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Yall leave Eva alone. She trying to fit in with all those haters anyway on the show. Marlo especially have been giving Eva a hard time. I feel Marlo just mad cause she can’t get a peach!! but producers keep her in company so she can keep the mess going!!

Jealous Kandi hating on Porsha so bad til its sad. She just mad cause Porsha finally got a man to treat her like the queen she is. Like Dennis said ” What Todd doing 4 Kandi????

• W0rkH4rd

December 31, 2018 at 10:55 am

No one is jealous of Porsha and her short fat man. Todd is not poor. He’s just not rich like Kandi. Are doctors poor? Diamonds aren’t actually that expensive. Porsha is pathetic. Pregnant after 5 or 6 months trying to get him to marry her. Just because someone is rich doesn’t mean they’re a good man. He stole a company from an ex and he had a girl when he met Porsha.

December 17, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Kandi wasn’t being malicious. She just gave her opinion on what it sounded like to her.

• Tammy Fair

December 18, 2018 at 10:09 pm

kandi is a hater!! she mad cause Todd cant shower her in diamonds and gold like porsha man. Marlo mad cause she can’t get a peach

• Jennifer

January 9, 2019 at 12:58 pm

Baby you’re very young you’re Words speak for you and it’s ok Everyone has an opinion A blind person can see Porsha is trying to trap this person She’s a dime a dozen in Atlanta Porsha wouldn’t spit on him if he was on fire if he didn’t have money SAD

3. Morgan

December 17, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Why is Eva still talking about this she know what she said. Eva sit down and worry about why u been getting caught up in the shade u throw and forget. KIm tried to act like she didn’t say that nor remember until they rolled the tape

4. Huh

December 17, 2018 at 5:30 pm

I don’t think Eva was being colorist. She was just saying that Shamari is a somebody because she is a part of Blaque (blaque with a q) and Shamea is a nobody because she doesn’t have a notable career (just black with no q).

• Lyn

December 17, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Thank You for explaining what Eva couldn’t bcuz I took it the same way Kandi took it, as an insult. This may be her first and last season due to being boring?

• Creola Jerome

December 29, 2018 at 6:56 am

Hi I’m with you I don’t know why everybody misinterpreting what she says maybe because they looking at her light skin and feels like oh she said something negative towards people of Darker complexion all she said was she wasn’t black from the group she just a black woman that’s a lot of us I didn’t take offense to that I’m dark-skinned myself I’m not black from the group but I am black

5. Ms. Jackson

December 17, 2018 at 5:32 pm

This is what happens when you try too hard to shade and read people. You end up saying some dumb sh-t and offend people in the process.

• Realness

December 17, 2018 at 7:08 pm

If this ain’t the truth.

• Noel

March 11, 2019 at 11:59 pm

It really was a dumb comment, not a colorist comment, just a dumb comment and she can’t even explain it properly months later. Duh!

6. CiCi

December 17, 2018 at 5:43 pm

I guess.

7. Music Lover

December 17, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Sometimes I wonder if Eva knew what she was getting herself into.

December 18, 2018 at 8:06 am

I don’t think what she said was about colorism. Huh said what I was going to.