Entertainment

After Yandy Smith’s Contract Ends, She’s Not Sure She Will Stay on ‘Love And Hip Hop New York’

Photo Credit: VH1

It hasn’t been easy for Yandy to share her life on LHHNY.

When it comes to “Love And Hip Hop New York,” Yandy Smith has had the longest run out of all the other women on the show. She’s been on the show every season since season 2. So viewers have been able to see a lot of her life play out. It hasn’t been an easy ride though. And Yandy recently revealed on “Uncensored” that she feared backlash after it came out that she wasn’t legally married to Mendeecees Harris. She also feared criticism when Mendeecees had to serve time in prison.

In fact, she suffered depression after she gave birth to their son Omere.

However, all of this has taught her how to be resilient no matter what happens in life.

Yandy’s contract has ended.

Interestingly enough, Yandy revealed that her time on LHHNY could be coming to an end. During an interview with The Shade Room, Yandy confirmed that her contract has expired.

She said, “I’m officially a free agent. So I have fulfilled my contractual obligations with ‘Love and Hip Hop.’ Yandy continued, “I’m trying to figure things out. I’m no longer contractually liable to be there but you know I’m in conversation. You know there’s always renegotiations depending on if that number is pretty, nice pretty, and round. But then there’s some other things and some opportunities that I’m exploring as well. So we’ll see what happens.”

Even though Yandy isn’t confirming she won’t return, she did say that she could always walk away and focus on her successful skincare company, “YELLE Skincare is pretty popping so I could even just work full-time on my own ish right now because we killing it. I do feel like I have a voice that is not the same voice as everyone else on the show so I do feel like there’s a place. I just gotta figure out, gotta work it out.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on

1. IJS

September 29, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Hmm…I think Yandy should leave. The show’s been really negative for her the last few seasons. She can walk away and continue to make a lot of money with her businesses anyway. So it’s no big deal for her to leave financially. That’s a blessing.

2. Yelp

September 29, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Yandy has no career outside of Love and Hip Hop. I have not seen any of her artist on TV or heard their music playing on the radio.

In other words Yandy is NOT going anywhere!

3. Mimi

September 29, 2020 at 8:42 pm

Now we all know ymYandy will do anything for a check!!!! She needs to go but I’m sure she won’t, Mona Scott Young pays her the most, she needs to stop!

4. Michelle

September 29, 2020 at 11:57 pm

Stay Yandy, I love you, your will power, your strength and your energy. It’s so sad these ladies dislike you for being bold and strong. These women is nothing on cloudy days you bring the sun, the love out. Stick around so you, can keep them with a story line they have no lines to tread on without you. TeamYandybaby

5. Roderick Jackson

September 30, 2020 at 12:41 am

Take off all those fake shows, which shows a bad influence on kids, and the black community.

6. Curtis Jones

September 30, 2020 at 3:10 pm

She a fake liar anyway beat it she been caught in lies 40 times lol

7. Tracyc

September 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Leave. It’s no loss. She isn’t as interesting as she thinks she is.

8. Monica

October 3, 2020 at 8:50 am

Team yandy I think you a wonderful mom I didn’t know you had a daughter I believe you and your daughter bond is going to strong you is a great mother THINK YOU AND Mendeecees should get married and ask God to lead down path he want you all be ,and trust me watch how ya’ll. Journey will end and never forget where you came from and