Entertainment

RHOP Star Gizelle Bryant Responds to Her Dad’s Controversial Comments About Jamal Bryant

Photo Credit: Bravo

Gizelle is a hot topic amid Candiace and Monique’s altercation.

Real Housewives of Potomac” fans are still talking about the latest episode. Although those who have been closely following the show knew about the altercation since last year, it was the first time they actually saw it. And while Candiace Dillard and Monique Samuels’ situation is a hot topic, it wasn’t the only jaw-dropping moment.

In fact, many are still discussing what happened with Gizelle Bryant.

On the episode, Gizelle came clean to her father, Curtis Graves, about getting back together with Jamal Bryant. Originally, Curtis was receptive. And he said that all he wants is for Gizelle to be happy. Since Jamal cheated on Gizelle while they were engaged, Curtis decided not to attend their wedding. But he did tell Gizelle he would attend the wedding the second time around. He just wanted to move on from the past and be supportive.

Curtis had some controversial things to say about Jamal.

Well, Curtis seemingly changed his opinion once he was able to witness Gizelle and Jamal together again. After Jamal thanked Cutis for his support, Curtis excused himself from the table in Arizona’s restaurant.

He then told the producers what he really felt about Jamal.

Curtis said, “I think you can take the mic off me.” He added, “I think I’m done. This is not a good move for her. You know, this guy’s got 6, 7 baby mommas. You know? Do you want to deal with that again? No! As a father, you think twice about that kinda stuff. I’m done.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Joey (@omfgrealitytv3) on

Well, Gizelle has now responded to her father’s comments.

1. Barbee

September 28, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Gizelle sounds delusional.

• Lyric

September 29, 2020 at 10:59 am

Her Father knew exactly what he said and nothing he said was wreckless. They are made for each other…

2. Vivie

September 28, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Gizelle this is a b.s. response. Is this a business relationship or your self esteem is in the trenches? She has the worst taste in men as far as I’ve seen on this show. If all your kids don’t want you back with their dad then something is obviously wrong. How could you take back this man who continues to procreate with numerous women and cheat with women from his congregation. I don’t care what anyone says, he would never be my pastor. He is too preoccupied with fornication to be taken seriously. IMO.

• P Martin

October 1, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Vivie, So true he is a P-nis led Man. Same Group C L Franklin, Jesse Jackson, Julius Irving, Zachary Timms. There 30 seconds of pleasure are their lives

3. Lauren

September 28, 2020 at 2:31 pm

I think Gizelle is acting very desperate and I don’t understand why. She’s a beautiful woman. She’s successful. There are other men out here for her. Let the past stay in the past.

• Lenora

October 1, 2020 at 10:30 pm

She might be beautiful on the outside but she’s very ugly on the inside! She starts most of the fights on the show, withe her jealousy and insecurities. She attracts the same energy she puts out in the universe.

September 28, 2020 at 2:45 pm

Sigh…oh Gizelle…

5. Jade

September 28, 2020 at 3:47 pm

I’m confused because she said to Jamal “I thought you were going to ask my dad for my hand in marriage”? His response was “we got some things to work on.” What ? I think he is using her and their daughters for publicity for the restaurant. It it really his daughters’ ? There is no way I would make a U Turn.

6. Guest

September 28, 2020 at 4:08 pm

I don’t know about the statement Giselle’s dad made about Jamal having 6 or 7 baby mommas bc that’s not a true statement based on what’s documented. From what I read, he’s got 3. A older daughter, younger son and Giselle’s children. I do understand his concern as a father, though. No man wants his daughter to be mistreated and disrespected that truly loves her.

The fight between Candace and Monique was wild. Clearly, although Candace was “mouth almighty” and very provocative, Monique was definitely the aggressor in that fight and wanted to keep it going. They were both out of line.

7. Michelle

September 28, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Yeah I think her dad really tried to understand it but he was done when he finally saw them together. It became real then and he realized he couldn’t do it. Gizelle needs to stop ignoring the fact that her daughters and father aren’t here for this “relationship.” That’s a huge red flag. I wonder what her mother thinks.

8. K Williams

September 28, 2020 at 5:12 pm

Gizelle sounds very NEEDY and DESPERATE! No way on earth, would I put my children through that again! Once a CHEATER always! 👎🏻

9. Trina

September 28, 2020 at 9:36 pm

Giselle Daddy couldn’t take the bull and neither can the children. Sad. Giselle has a horrible relationship every other season. Pastor Jamal has a history of cheating and making babies, not a good choice.

Monique dragged Candice, be careful of what you ask for. You may get it. They were both at fault.

10. R. Blake

September 28, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Giselle need to pray and put it in the Lord’s hand and take care of herself. She’s jumping the gun on marriage already? Is she ready to give up everything to become his wife? No, I don’t think so!

Monique is going through postpartum, I guess that right.

11. Hemi

September 29, 2020 at 12:56 am

I think it’s the height of hypocrisy when Gizelle has all the smoke for Monique and her “perpuating stereotypes” as it relates to the altercation. But no mention of “stereotypes” when it comes to her ex-husband and his 6-7 baby mommas. AND he’s a pastor with outside kids all out-of-wedlock. I mean if that ain’t hypocrisy…i don’t know what is!

• P Martin

October 1, 2020 at 7:30 pm

A word

12. Marilyn

September 29, 2020 at 10:39 am

Giselle is looking more and more ridiculous with every season smh po’ thing. The only reason she and Robyn don’t like Monique is because they wish they had the family life and finances Monique is blessed with. In their minds, a chic from the “hood” shouldn’t be enjoying such things. Those two are terrible and they don’t like Candace either but they are siding with her because they just hate Monique. I will also add…if Robyn was living swell and with a loving husband, then Giselle would be jealous and not like her either.

• deb dyson

September 30, 2020 at 8:21 am

Tell the truth & shame the devil. You hit all those nails on the head.

13. Nia

September 29, 2020 at 10:46 am

I blame society though. Peer/family pressure caused me to marry a man I didn’t truly love. I was under the impression that to be whole, one has to be attached to another individual.
    It wasn’t fair to me or him. Now I know better😏

• Shannon

September 29, 2020 at 11:24 am

I LOVE this comment. It’s so real and brings up a point I was thinking about when I watched the episode. I think Gizelle and a lot of women feel pressured into being in a relationship and being married because they have been told this is what makes them more valuable to society. So there are a lot of women who are currently unhappy in their marriages and relationships right now, but they are afraid to move on. They fear the stigma that comes from being single. But there’s true power in knowing you’re valuable regardless of your relationship status. I’m happy you realized this and did what was best for you. I really do hope more women wake up and undo all the brainwashing they have been receiving from society. As you said, we’re already whole.

• Quay

September 30, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Sounds like the same situation I was in, I thought I could find happiness in a man, I have been married twice, and have never been happy, I found happiness in myself, when I divorced my two husband’s I went and got a career, now I have more money than I ever had in my life. I agree that women get brainwashed into believing the only way to find happiness is in man, I really feel bad for Gizelle if that is how she is thinking.

14. Babygirl

September 29, 2020 at 11:42 am

There was nothing reckless about what her father said. If she was wise, she’d take what he said seriously and move on from this disastrous reconciliation before she ends up with egg on her face, again. You do not give a man who cheated on you multiple times 1,000 chances.

September 29, 2020 at 5:04 pm

Gizelle….U have three daughters why would u want 2 past that on to them saying it’s okay for a man to treat them that way.🤷🏽‍♀️

• Kimberly

September 29, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Well said! It seems like her daughters have a better sense of this being unhealthy than their mother. What is being reported about what her Dad said reminded me of something that my Dad said to me on my wedding day just before we were getting ready to walk down the isle. I froze in my tracks and could not move, without skipping a beat my Dad grabbed my hand and asked me if I wanted him to take me out of the church. He knew then that I was making a mistake, so did I, and 4 years later we were divorcing. You can’t fix the pains of the past by creating new pains in the present all you are doing at that point is ensuring more pain in your future.

16. Bonita

September 29, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Better to SAY something reckless than to DO something reckless. She’s gonna regret the message she’s handing down to her daughters.

17. Dynasty

September 29, 2020 at 11:41 pm

What father would give their blessings to the daughter to be back with a man who humiliated & embarrassed their daughter in front of the whole world. Mr. Graves was correct about Jamal’s 6-7 baby mama’s, there’s a lot of babies that don’t get acknowledged at all by Jamal. There’s a brand NEW one in Virginia that just turned 1 this past weekend. This “storyline” is pathetic & embarrassing, look at how her father exposed it.

Gizelle has already shown she has no self worth whatsoever. How do you explain a 50 year old woman back in bed with a man that has already giving you “incurables”. Make that make sense. Her father was looking at her with pure disgust in his eyes. SMDH

18. Rebecca

September 30, 2020 at 9:25 am

Just came to say the respectability politics and classist attitudes from the women on this show are why RHOP will never have massive success.

19. Jeanette Taylor

October 1, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Giselle is just thinking about herself and not her kids they sound like they don’t trust him either so why would a woman subject her kids to that again shouldn’t Gezelle be setting a good example of how a man should treat a woman and as far as her father he has saw and heard how his daughter was treated plus he has a lot of wisdom so Giselle listen to your father if not listen to your children .A tigers stripes never change if they show you who they are please believe them