Entertainment

Monique Samuels Confirms Her Exit from RHOP

Photo Credit: Bravo

The altercation has been the center of a lot of drama.

Real Housewives of Potomac” has been a rough ride for some of the cast. Of course, Monique Samuels and Candiace Dillard’s altercation was the beginning of problems to come. The situation caused some division, as well as legal problems. Candiace filed charges against Monique. And Monique responded with charges of her own. Although the judge dismissed all charges, the damage was already done. Not only was Candiace and Monique’s friendship destroyed, but Monique would end up at odds with others in the group.

Gizelle Bryant flat out refused to be around Monique. She even hired a personal security guard to accompany her to the sitdown meeting at Karen Huger’s house.

Wendy Osefo and Robyn Dixon weren’t interested in inviting Monique to their events. However, at the reunion, both women said that it was Monique who asked not to be invited. So they weren’t upset about her not being there. And at that point, her absence was fine because they didn’t feel she was remorseful for the altercation.

Monique did receive some support from Karen and Ashley Darby. Ashley wrote a character statement. And Karen tried to remain neutral even though this ruined her friendship with Candiace.

Casting for the upcoming season has been a hot topic.

Towards the end of the season, Candiace made it clear that she wouldn’t return for season 6 if Monique was a part of the cast. While it has been confirmed that all the women received contracts to return for season 6, Candiace didn’t assure fans that she would return.

Interestingly enough, Monique has decided not to sign her contract. She announced her departure from the show earlier this evening.

1. Yeah I Said It!

December 28, 2020 at 1:02 am

Welp, I’m done watching. We’ll let Candiace and her stans carry the show moving forward. Ratings better be exceptional next season. LOL.

• Old School

December 28, 2020 at 1:15 am

I expect all the people who hate Monique to turn out and give RHOP historic ratings since Candiace said Monique only has 25 fans.

• Moliscious

December 28, 2020 at 1:52 am

yeah right, those ratings are going to drop faster than RHOA. I’m no longer watching neither. Cancel the whole show. Tired of crybaby talking about she wants a baby. she hasn’t grown up enough to have a baby.

• The B Face

December 28, 2020 at 4:10 am

Yep!! And cancel Andy Too, he was way out of line at the reunion trying to play Monique. She told him she dont need them checks and now he know for sure PERIODT!! Yay Monique

• Marilyn Angus

December 28, 2020 at 11:38 am

Yes! I’m going to stop watching it too, Andy was come for Monique hard and when Candice threaten Ashley no one is talking about it. I’m over it!

• Fashionrb

December 28, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Im glad you heard that too! Like they needed that check. Nope they have money, four houses , come on now. Andy, said he doesn’t make that kinda of money now, she yes does, he’s a good investor. That shut Andy up, quick. Monique and Ashley are the only ones up there with money.

• The B Face

December 28, 2020 at 4:27 am

We all need to stop watching these shows who dont support our people, this season was very traumatic for Monique and us viewers also, we can not keep supporting this nonsense..BYE ANDY!!!!!

• X

December 29, 2020 at 10:51 am

I think there ratings will go up! They don’t need Monique to be successful. Everybody is just blowing smoke and you will continue to keep watching. I agree with everything Andy said about Monique.

• Clearsight

January 4, 2021 at 10:21 am

You’re in a very small party number. Maybe you have vision and hearing problems. CandyA-s has been protected at a very high cost. Many people saw her provoke the fight. She spoke herself about the plot, even while saying she wasn’t a part of it. She is foul and its cost him and this show. With the exception of Karen , nobody is interested much in the other women.

• Monique

December 28, 2020 at 1:57 am

Ratings are going to drop. Candiace and Wendy needs to go. Cry baby, i’m so tired of her. Watch how ratings drop. Monique and the Candiace fight carried the whole season. Robyn has no storyline nor does Gizelle. I hope they come up with good story lines, this show has become trash

• The B Face

December 28, 2020 at 4:06 am

EXACTLY!!Wendy needs to go and Candice messy self too. I’m glad Monique left they did too much putting her family in that mess ain’t no coming back from that!!

• Sephora59

December 28, 2020 at 7:00 am

I am sad to read that Monique will not be returning but after watching the final reunion taping I certainly understand. She put her children first. That’s a real woman and adult. I will never watch another Real housewives franchise show and this one will tank in ratings. Gizelle is a lying piece of trash with a potty mouth who calls herself first Lady material. Please. She’s a stupid fame hungry thirsty desperate b-tch who needs to relearn the art of mothering. Her teen daughters have got to be mortified by seeing the exploits of their dysfunctional parents play out on national TV. Disgusting. Robin is stupid and clueless. Candaice who cares about her life. Her mother jacked her up from the womb and Wendy generates no interest in her life. They don’t generate enough friction to carry the story lines forward and Jamal has left the building. Chris Samuel’s said it all hurt people hurt people..get help. Karen and Ashley will be ok period financially and mentally. Funny everybody goes home to a man but thirsty Gizelle…
          Alone again.

• Linda

December 28, 2020 at 10:18 am

Girlfriend, you said a “mouthful.” Another RH show bites the dust.

• Idele

December 29, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Say it again😂🤣

• Quay

December 28, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Bye Monique! FAREWELL! The Potomac franchise will continue to be a huge success.

• The B Face

December 28, 2020 at 4:01 am

Me too!! Good for Monique,Andy did her wrong and I’m glad she had the strength to leave..I WILL NOT BE WATCHING EITHER…

• Evette

December 28, 2020 at 10:09 am

I think Gizzele should be fired for the fake a-s story line Robin fake a-s and Wendy is boring these are women who are broke and trying to live above there means and Wendy need to stop doing her own make-up she ugly as h-ll I don’t care how many degrees she has and gizzele want to be with a man that cheated on her despite what her kids think is terrible and only thinking about herself and that’s selfish but Robin is just boring boring take all them off cancel all there contract Monica not on the show I’m not going to watch it anyway

• SRene

December 29, 2020 at 7:11 am

Buh bye Potomac, May your ratings be trash!

• SRene

December 29, 2020 at 7:17 am

Buh bye Potomac, May your ratings be trash! Candace wrote a check with her mouth her butt couldn’t cash. They were all Jealous of Monique except for Karen, and Ashley and there was no need for her to stay around haters…

December 28, 2020 at 1:10 am

So my interest in the next season is waning.

3. Scorpio13

December 28, 2020 at 1:43 am

I’m bummed that Monique’s not coming back but I get it. Andy was gaslighting her and sat up there and lied about what we say. Than you have the evils ones plotting to take someone down. I’ll miss Monique. I’m bummed that the barking chihuahua still has a job and a platform.

4. Trina

December 28, 2020 at 1:56 am

Why didn’t the clip of Giselle saying “word on the street ” that Monique was getting it on with her trainer and the baby is not her husband ‘s.

• Toni

December 28, 2020 at 2:12 am

Gizelle Robin and Wendy(big a*s-kisser) are boring as h*ll so now lets see how long this show hangs on because the Monique/ Candice debacle was the only think happening on the show. Wendy I guess you cant get a degree in common sense because you are lacking some. Gizelle you are pitiful and Robin dy toast! Monique glad you left because you do have class! Andy you need a punch in your mouth!

• Fashionrb

December 28, 2020 at 2:32 pm

Yes, why didn’t they show that!

5. Taylor Downing

December 28, 2020 at 3:28 am

Good for her. This show is a hot mess.

6. Blackrose

December 28, 2020 at 6:52 am

Its been fun Potomac. I guess Im out. Not so much because of Monique but the way the cast was allowed to behave this season was disgusting and I cant support anything Massa Andy does. He wants the black woman his biggest money makers tap dancing and saying thank you.
    What will Candace talk about now

7. Eve, Eve, little evil !

December 28, 2020 at 7:21 am

Karen was so right saying we have got to stop trying to destroy each other! Some of these women, not just on this show but others in the franchise, are so shady and horrid, ALWAYS looking for ways to make themselves look better at the expense of their co-stars- Gizelle, Teresa, Nene, Brandi, LVP, Dorinda, Tamra, Phaedra, etc- all so cunning behind the scenes, and most of them aren’t even on their shows anymore! I wonder why??

8. Ummmm!!

December 28, 2020 at 7:29 am

To be honest most cast members from the Real Housewives Franchise return for the money. Only time will tell if Monique is serious!

Unfortunately The new season might not be well received because Gisele and Robin control the entire cast! Not interested in watching grown women follow behind Robyn and Giselle.

9. John

December 28, 2020 at 8:22 am

She was offered a contract but a reduced role.

• 100

December 28, 2020 at 8:26 am

This is a lie. Bravo confirmed Monique and the whole cast all received full time housewives contracts. No one was demoted. Stop lying on here.

10. Valerie

December 28, 2020 at 9:34 am

I will miss Monique. For me, she’s always been the most relatable on the show. It was over for her the day she said she had four homes (she now has about five). It’s unfortunate that the black housewives shows seem to be so h-ll bent on casting women with money problems, no marriage or bad marriages, and living anything but the fabulous life that the franchise was supposed to promote. I’m starting to think it’s intentional. We finally get a wealthy housewife and she leaves because producers sat back and watched her get ganged up on by women who don’t even live in Potomac. What a disaster.

11. MsCoCoMango

December 28, 2020 at 9:36 am

She is soooo pretty without makeup!..Oh well girlfriend. Float on and continue to life your best

12. O-La

December 28, 2020 at 9:53 am

Monique was hated by these women from day one. The blessing is she doesn’t need the platform. Fame is overrated. Be wealthy in peace and stay away from reality television Monique.

13. Shayla

December 28, 2020 at 10:57 am

Why even watch it now? Monique was just about everyone’s storyline. Next season will be boring. They need to stop ganging up on one person.

14. Shay

December 28, 2020 at 11:32 am

Monique…I love you and your family…DUECES to RHOP…I’m out!! Andy, Candy…Gizzabelle…until you do right by Monique….everything you touch…in my Whoopi Goldberg voice wiith fingers up!

• Scorpio13

December 29, 2020 at 2:09 am

Yes Shay with your Whoopie Goldberg voice! Thanks for the visual.

15. anonymous

December 28, 2020 at 2:05 pm

The fight was the only real storyline of the season. The next season will be trash. RHOP needs a cast revamp but people are too busy playing favorites to do what’s best for the show.

16. Samantha

December 28, 2020 at 2:56 pm

I think this is just confirmation for me that I may be outgrowing reality shows. A lot of my favorites are leaving or being pushed out their shows. I honestly don’t enjoy the drama as much as I used to. And I’m more interested in scripted shows now. I wish Monique the best and can’t say I’m interested in the new season. She blessed to not need a Bravo check. How wonderful.

17. Cici

December 28, 2020 at 3:03 pm

RHOP is over. It’s not entertaining to have everyone kiss Robyn and Gizelle’s a-s and gang up on the people who stand up to them. With Monique gone, everyone will just gang up on Karen. And the new girl will quickly fall in line with the bandits. So why watch? Let me know when P Valley comes back. I’m over these reality shows. It’s nothing but the adult version of bullying.

18. Niecy

December 28, 2020 at 3:24 pm

I think Karen will be pushed out next. Sad to see.

19. Vee

December 28, 2020 at 3:30 pm

I didn’t really start watching RHOP until Monique came. I really love her personality and her family. I don’t want to watch RHOP anymore.

20. Trina

December 28, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I dislike that the bitter Bettys are going to think they won by Monique leaving . Good that Monique can leave on her own terms and conditions not theirs. I am out next season.

21. Nina D

December 28, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Y’all have truly overhyped this show. Honestly, the season wasn’t even that good. The only reason people even watched this flop show this season is because of the fight. Outside of the fight, this show is boring. The only reason it finally beat RHOA in ratings this one time is because of Monique and that d-mn binder going viral and RHOA being so horrible this year. This cast is not great. Never has been. Since they can’t fight every season, expect the ratings to go back to being doo doo like they usually are. The audacity of y’all lying and saying this show has surpassed RHOA. Monique is annoying but at least she can afford to leave this sinking ship before the inevitable happens.

December 28, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Monique finally got some sense. These women look dumb embarrassing themselves and tearing each other down for a paycheck while Andy smugly mocks them. And they make pennies in comparison to what he and Bravo executives make. Hopefully more people will wake up and stop watching this trash like they no longer watch RHOA. There are better things to watch.

23. FRANK

December 28, 2020 at 9:36 pm

IM DONE WATCHING IT MYSELF DAM ANDY HE WAS WRONG THE WAY HE SIDED WITH THAT LYING DRAMA QUEEN CANDACE GISELE NEED TO AS WELL ROBIN WAS A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT IM DONE

24. SouthBeach305

December 29, 2020 at 12:37 am

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!! THANK GOODNESS, I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD BE HER LAST SEASON. STAND YOUR GROUND CANDY BRAVOOO👏🏾

25. Taylor

December 29, 2020 at 5:46 am

This will play out just like RHOA. There was celebrating when Nene left. Now there’s nothing but crying and excuses because the ratings are terrible.

26. Luxsola

December 29, 2020 at 8:00 am

I agree 💯 just like I said about RHOA I will be taking these green eyes bandits off recording and I won’t be watching anymore with that note . Let those wannabe fend for themselves because I don’t care for the two do nothing thirsty boarding green eyes demon no plot . In the voice of Madea’s ” Get Out” I will not watch or record until they get rid of them.I love Monique because she’s real so is her husband and Chris was right about his kid. They are off limit. Don’t care to give that franchise any of my rating. Love Monique and her family period 💕

27. Love Jones

December 29, 2020 at 11:09 am

Another show I don’t feel the need to watch anymore. I said the same about RHOA and I remember Kenya’s stans and NeNe’s haters laughing and saying we would all continue to watch and ratings would be great. They laughed at the petition. And they didn’t believe people would stop watching RHOA. Now look at the ratings. Lowest in RHOA’s history. ✌🏾

• Big Mama

December 29, 2020 at 1:30 pm

DO YOU BABYGIRL, & I DON’T BLAME YOU AT ALL, SO WALK AWAY WITH YR HEAD UP HIGH.PRAYING FOR THE BEST FOR YOU AND YR FAMILY🙏🙏🙏 TRUST & BELIEVE I WON’T BE WATCHING RHOP &MESSY ANDY ANYMORE😉

28. Longtime Lurker

December 29, 2020 at 11:36 am

The wrong person left. People on here think Gizelle is the problem but it’s actually Candiace. And she will be the demise of this show.

• Wow

December 29, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Naw. I can’t let you say this and not respond. Candiace is not evil. Gizelle is. Gizelle is a whole entire demon and so is her ex husband. The only thing with Candiace is she’s very sensitive. But she still has a heart. Gizelle doesn’t. Gizelle is the demise of this show and she’s been hurting this show for a very long time. Candiace and Monique gave it life.

• Longtime Lurker

December 29, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Yet it’s not Gizelle who has written homophobic tweets. It’s not Gizelle who has made transphobic comments or wished death on bloggers and viewers. Gizelle is messy on a TV show. Candiace is awful in real life.

29. Gloria

December 29, 2020 at 11:45 am

Why can’t Bravo get and keep actual wealthy black housewives? I’m still waiting on a network to deliver that concept.

• Ummm

December 29, 2020 at 1:17 pm

You answered your own question…..

• Meg

December 29, 2020 at 1:45 pm

Because the broke and bitter chicks on the show will run them off. Fame isn’t worth it for a “little check” from Bravo. Monique gets it now. She thought she wanted a little fame but she now understands it’s not worth it.

30. Wow

December 29, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Monique fans, don’t give up on RHOP because she’s leaving. She said she still wants her fans to keep watching because the other women are worth supporting. I will really miss her because I was hoping she and Candiace would make up next season. But I will keep watching to support Karen, Wendy and Candiace. Don’t give up on RHOP y’all. There aren’t many black shows on Bravo. And we just lost M2MLA.

31. Trina

December 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Karen and Ashley are going to be the next ones to be gaslighted. Michael makes Ashley a easy target.

32. randy reaver

January 1, 2021 at 12:28 pm

CANDIACE is not the reason Monique quit the show, Monique quit the show because she is afraid her husband cheating and his mental health issues CTE will be the next story line on the next realhousewives next season. and it will damage Chris reputation, She is very naïve, you do not bring receipt on tv to prove that someone on cheating when you are married to a footballer because your husband cheat too.
    AFER THEIR WEDDING, she thanks Chris for choosing her, which means she know Chris was sleeping with other women.
    her husband need to protect his reputation and his job for them to be able to continue their lifestyle. he is not making money as he use to do and with the pandemic many investment are not doing good, so her story of her husband investment bring big money is not true.

• Rainbow

January 1, 2021 at 12:46 pm

You must attend New Birth Missionary Baptist Church because there’s no other way I can explain the naivete, lies, and defamation in this comment.

1. CTE cannot be diagnosed until death. Your pastor, Jamal Bryant, had to delete the video he made about Chris having CTE because it was defamation. You need to also be careful yourself because you’re defaming Chris now in this comment.

2. You have no proof that Chris has cheated on his wife – again, defamation.

3. You have comprehension issues and lack common sense, again, you have to attend New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Saying you’re glad someone chose you isn’t proof that someone cheated. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time, dear?

4. How do you know what Chris’ money looks like? Do you have access to his bank accounts and investments? And you’re definitely not an investor because if you actually were, you would know that most investments are doing great right now actually. Real Estate is up, so is the stock market. In fact, my investments have more than doubled in a span of several months. If money was an issue for Chris and Monique, she wouldn’t be able to afford to leave the show. You should probably watch less of RHOP, and get your life together. You’re a complete defamatory, and lying mess. Happy New Year though.