Entertainment

Tami Roman Addresses Shaunie O’Neal Reportedly Having a Smaller Role on ‘Basketball Wives’

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Changes were made.

The last couple of seasons of “Basketball Wives” were very controversial. OG said she was a victim of colorism. And most of the other women on the show treated her differently because she’s dark-skinned. Her feud with Evelyn Lozada turned into a legal battle. OG accused Evelyn of racism and Evelyn sued her for defamation. And OG fought back with an emotional distress countersuit.

The allegations led to people refusing to film scenes with OG.

Shaunie O’Neal received a lot of backlash. She was accused of being biased and even NeNe Leakes said that Shaunie’s actions on the show weren’t fair to people she wasn’t friends with. After Evelyn and OG departed the show, rumors began to spread that Shaunie would be on the upcoming season in a much smaller role. Producers also brought back a lot of familiar faces from “Basketball Wives LA.”

Well, Tami Roman recently had something to say about how things would be different with Shaunie O’Neal stepping back.

1. Anon

September 26, 2021 at 10:04 am

I don’t understand why Shaunie didn’t want to take the Mona Scott Young role to begin with. Just collect your check behind the scenes and stay out of the mess.

2. Trina

September 26, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Shuanie is messy and wanted to be part of the drama.

3. Tiffani Young

September 26, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Even though Shaunie isn’t the head to be firing anyone, she made it like she could fire people when she had it out with Brandy

4. Rhonette Lane

September 26, 2021 at 1:58 pm

Shaunie was messy & She had her Picks,Tami was one of her Picks,Tami please don’t return because all of the fights you brought to the show made black women look Bad & Shaunie let you do it Both are Messy!!

5. Renee

September 26, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Tammy is bitter and a hypocrite. Before Evelyn came back she was fine with Shawnee’s role. But when Shawn is didn’t take Tammi side over Evelyn Tammi had a problem

6. Natalie

September 27, 2021 at 12:34 am

Honestly I think there are inside & outside conspiracies going on with ALL of these Black reality shows.
    We’re being displayed negatively majority of the time in an hour show.
    I find myself talking to the tv like someone can hear me after the offense has been done.
    We have to do better.

7. ANGI

September 27, 2021 at 4:50 am

That show wore me down to not watch anymore. Year after year of the just fights all the time. Shaunie always being right there and doing nothing. OG should have NEVER been on the show because she brought NOTHING! I would rather watch Evelyn then Tami, who were BOTH messy people on BW. Just my opinion…no hate

8. Shaheeda

September 27, 2021 at 6:40 am

Who is Tami again? I didnt even miss Tami she should stay ghosted,I enjoy basketball wives without her, she’s a none factor and Shaunie and Evelyn is my girls the show wont be the same without them

9. Stacey lockett

September 27, 2021 at 7:58 am

I sick of all the arguing the backbiting Shaunie please have another concept for the new basketball wives this is getting old focus on family businessess or something Black Women unite please i am done with the drama damn show we can get along as women in a positive way!!! OG full of bullcrap sometimes as a women you dont vibe with a person and thats all it is has nothing to do with skin tone or anuthing else We just dont LIKE you OG!!! Periodt and its ok move the h-ll on

10. Patricia Lewis

September 27, 2021 at 12:55 pm

Please don’t bring back Jackie Christie and OG back. Mrs. Jackie is a bit too old to go around thinking she can whoop everybody. Every time her part comes up I turn the tv it’s the same with OG just because she has some man in her don’t make her bad

11. Denise

September 27, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Tammy need to stop you were just as much a problem if not more than Evelyn. Still bitter get over yourself please.

12. Ana Smith

September 27, 2021 at 5:26 pm

Where do I begin….. I totally respect what Shaunie and Evelyn brought to the show and it won’t be the same. Their relationship is authentic. They do what best friends do. Which brings me to other cast members. I believe some of their actions were to keep themselves relevant through the years. That doesn’t dismiss their genuine and vulnerable moments which I totally appreciate. But I believe that Tami has a new platform and Kudos to her; but she was mad crazy messy. OG shouldn’t have been casted as a regular. In my opinion OG has underlining baggage and in the BW circle something triggered her so she had to change the narrative to air her insecurities. You have to be a strong confident women to be apart of the reality world and it still peels you back like an onion. In part all the best to all the ladies.

• Debbie

September 27, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Been a fan of BBWs for long time..I started getting mad when Shaunie sat there and let Tami go off on Keisha. That mess hurt my heart and I don’t even know Keisha…Shaunie said nothing..That was bullying..But when Brandy told her she acts like a b-tch, She fired her..That was some crap! Shaunie keeps Jackie around for comic relief..Bring back Royce..I have lots to say but this page ain’t long enough.

13. Drea

September 27, 2021 at 6:59 pm

After all this time, Tami still taking shots. She has been messy from the beginning. Let’s not forget what she did to the brother on Real Word, that was the beginning of her being fame hungry. Every chance she gets she wanna speak on Ev. She was a mean girl, if not the meanest. She bullied the h-ll out of Keisha. Attacking the girl race and all. Then the other chick who told on Tami to the group. Instead of letting that girl speak the truth, Tami jumped on her. Everything she’s said about Ev, is a reflection of herself. She was mean, nasty, petty, throw rocks and hide her hands, then wanna fight the person who told on her. The only reason she backed crazy OG, was because it involved Ev. Og jumped on that Metoo movement, and didn’t belong on it. And if Tami wanted to back her, then clips of what she did and said to Keisha should’ve been shown. Tami was always jealous of Ev and Shaunie. She hated their relationship even more. Tami has bullied more then 5 women on that show, so what makes her a spokesperson for bullying!!! For us Die heart fans, we know and saw the truth. I knew she was trouble from jump. Remember when she was playing with the room mates on the Real World! She tried to paint that brother as a monster. They rolled the footage back several times, but she still argued her lies of the event. The only reason she left Basketball Wives is because nobody was on her side but Oh and ol girl(the outcasts) Where is Keisha, she needs to speak on her time on the show. Tami bullied her to no ends. Stole her purse and tried to force her to fight to get it back. She attacked that girl’s race, calling her a white girl and stupid. Why none of this was talked about. She even tried to fight Keisha when she did speak up. Tami had and has a pattern of bullying people that are soft spoken. She is a monster herself, that shouldn’t be forgotten. Tami also has issues telling the truth. Like baby u do realize u were filmed and America saw it. She even said in so many words Ev deserved what Chad did. So who is she, to call someone out. Also when she was kissing Shaunie’s butt, she started Drama with the LA cast. So like Ev said, She’s a non mf factor!!!!

14. Tay

September 28, 2021 at 8:05 am

I honestly stopped watching when Drea left I like shaunie Evelyn n Tami I don’t kno why woman want to hate on each other and bring each other down it’s not a good look especially for women your age cut it out definitely not watching the show without shaunie n Evelyn you other mf boring and have no story line wat so ever besides crazy Jacki

15. Muffy

September 28, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Tami, how you going to talk about Evelyn bringing drama and negativity and you did the same thing you not really making any sense you pick fights with people. When yall did Miami basketball wives and LA you still was picking fights with people.