Entertainment

‘Porsha’s Family Matters’ Recap: Aunt Liz Says Dennis Wasn’t Violent in Mexico

porshas family matters season 1 episode 7

Photo Credit: Bravo

On the season finale of “Porsha’s Family Matters,” Porsha and Dennis are still processing the chaos that took place in Mexico. Although Dennis has apologized to Porsha, Porsha has not apologized to Dennis. Interestingly enough, Aunt Liz says that Dennis wasn’t in the wrong that day. He’s a good father and she witnessed him show restraint as others tried to attack him. In her opinion, Dennis is a great father. And she invites him to the opening of the new Hosea Williams headquarters so Dennis can meet Hosea’s “real family.” In Liz’s opinion, Diane’s side of the family is very different with different “personalities” than the Williams side.

Simon attends the opening for Porsha because PJ is hospitalized. He takes the opportunity to check Liz. He believes her side of the family needs to show Porsha “some respect.”

Londie tries to tell Porsha how she feels about their relationship. She wants them to be closer. This leads to Porsha having a blowup with producers.

And Porsha and Dennis meet up to hash out their co-parenting plans moving forward. The conversation turns messy once Dennis says he wants joint custody so court is where they are headed next. Words are exchanged, and Dennis calls Porsha a liar when she comes for his fatherhood.

Here’s a recap for, “Can’t Get Right.”

January 16, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Porsha lies so much it’s scary. Now she said on IG two weeks ago Dennis dragged her mothering but what really happened is she sat in that scene and lied making him out to be a deadbeat father. The way she slanders people with ease…wow.

2. Chelly

January 16, 2022 at 10:04 pm

So basically our eyes and common sense weren’t fooling us and Porsha is a compulsive liar no one should take seriously anymore.

3. VRDK

January 16, 2022 at 11:05 pm

Thank goodness this train wreck of a show is over!! This was about as boring as a Kandi spinoff!! They bought the drama for 2 episodes but it really showed how delusional Porsha is and how she’ll do anything for a paycheck!! According to Porsha, her mom Diane was a side chick because he married Lauren’s mom and raised her and now Aunt Liz is alluding to Diane’s mom as a side chick…”Hosea had 7 children on one side and then there’s Diane”. The shade is real!!

4. Mary Whales

January 17, 2022 at 3:17 am

Porsha, stop it now and give that man his props on being a great father and face your feelings about y’all relationship. You’re still hurting from your break up from him and I think deep down you want him back and don’t know how to face it. As far as not letting him know where you’re moving with PJ you know he has rights and if you don’t stop you’re going to be in court fighting for your right to keep your daughter. Grow up Porsha.

• Sephora59

January 17, 2022 at 9:34 am

I happen to binge watch this show sunday. What a train wreck. Porscha is a spoiled stupid little girl woman. Her fiance said on camera he keeps moving companies on speed dial…hes going to dump her. True, Dennis hurt her deeply probay triggering the hurt from her first marriage and her unresolved daddy issues. She needs therapy to address all her issues starting from childhood and her gold digging mom…which Aunt Liz put in perspective. She is an embarrassment to her family legacy.. Get off tv and social media for awhile. Its eating you alive. I think underneath youre a good person but its all become too much for you to handle.

5. Peachy

January 17, 2022 at 10:16 am

Long comment incoming…

This spinoff has confirmed to me Porsha isn’t a good person and she was not raised right. I think she has benefited and gotten passes because people overwhelmingly have not liked Kenya over the years. But without Kenya and other housewives to blame her actions on, the real Porsha could no longer be hidden. Porsha’s aunt spilled some tea if people paid attention – Porsha acts the way she does because she learned her bad behavior from her mother’s side of the family. She also tells a lot on herself with that new book of hers. She has a pattern of getting involved with men who are already in relationships with other women. Everything she does is about money. I think back to Kordell and I realize he wasn’t lying on Porsha. I also doubt he was abusive to her as well seeing how we saw Porsha slander Dennis on this show. Moving forward, I will not believe anything Porsha says ever again. It was disturbing to see how nasty she treats her own family. She is a true narcissist and Simon is fine with that because he’s a narcissist as well. I don’t doubt Simon only does and says what Porsha tells him to. That little comment he made to Aunt Liz was from Porsha’s mouth. She also runs his social media accounts.

Lastly, I want Porsha and Simon to shut up with this Decatur nonsense they keep spewing. Porsha’s behavior has nothing to do with Decatur. There is a lot of black excellence from Decatur. That hood mindset Porsha has isn’t something she can blame on Decatur. I’m from there and I don’t act like Porsha.

6. Lisa

January 17, 2022 at 11:52 am

I can’t keep up with Porsha’s lies. But I’m noticing that she usually did the things she accuses others of doing.

7. Cher

January 17, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Porsha has some real deep seeded issues, I’m glad Dennis keeps standing up for what’s right and his self,as I watch the Mexico Mess, as Liz said, Dennis and Gina did nothing wrong, Porsha lacks respect,that mess she created was uncall for, Dennis is right, serve her papers, take her to court and eliminate all the BS she is speaking, he has the right to his child, I will never be able to look at Porsha sorry a$$, any other way other then negatively, no longer a fan of the fraud aka Porsha.

8. Ms. Jackson

January 17, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Just came to say that scene with Porsha and Londie was an example of how manipulative and fraudulent Porsha is. I’m glad the producers kept clocking her lies. She really fired her own cousin over a Chanel purse. Porsha values possessions and money over people.

• Queen

January 18, 2022 at 7:37 pm

I think Porsha just used that excuse to get rid of Londie. She can fire whomever she wants for whatever reason BUT it was the way it happened that bothered me. She already hired a new assistant and then casually told Londie she has been replaced. Porsha has no morals at all.

9. Swells

January 17, 2022 at 1:01 pm

From day one I formed an opinion of Porsha (and I didn’t need Kenya’s not so perfect a-s to figure it out); she’s an habitual liar, dumb as a box of rocks, and has no class. After watching her show my opinion hasn’t changed, except now she has a child whose mindset she can influence. Old Ms. Diane did a bang up job on Porsha. And I have a feeling her relationship with Simon will be another failed relationship under her belt. Porsha needs counseling especially now that she has a child, and a girl at that. Any molecule of respect I had for Porsha went down the tubes. And her Aunt is right, Porsha doesn’t need or is prepared to be at the helm of anything concerning Civil Rights. She’s not only immature but just plain dumb! Sorry it’s hard to uplift this black woman especially after showing her true character on her show.

January 17, 2022 at 3:56 pm

I like Porsha u dead wrong..Dennis definitely take her to court to get join custody of ur daughter. When Dennis ask u about moving to the city didnt wont to. Porsha u are struck on stupid

11. Wow

January 17, 2022 at 9:59 pm

This show reminded me how important it is to really do the work needed to better yourself. There was a scene where Lauren told Porsha she should get therapy and Porsha said she didn’t need to because she’s “fixed.” She hasn’t evolved all these years because she refused to take those necessary steps. I can’t respect someone who is too self centered and proud to better themselves. Life should be a constant journey of growth and self improvement. Porsha is more concerned with money and material things.