Entertainment

Yandy Smith & Mendeecees Harris’ Foster Daughter Gives a Sad Update

Photo Credit: VH1/YouTube

Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris’ foster daughter made an emotional revelation.

Yandy Smith has received some praise from “Love And Hip Hop New York” fans for fostering Infinity Gilyard. However, her former friend Kimbella Vandehee wasn’t moved. And she accused Yandy of fostering Infinity for “clout.” Kimbella just believed Yandy was only doing the good deed to look good. She’s convinced Yandy is very image-conscious and she does things for her brand. This is one of the reasons why Kimbella and Yandy aren’t friends now.

Although Infinity has been spending plenty of time with the family the last several weeks, she made an interesting video that has some LHHNY fans concerned for her wellbeing.

In the video, Infinity discussed her mental health. She broke down in tears as she discussed feeling as if no one truly cares about her.

She said, “I had a long day. And mentally I’m just…I’m not there.”  Infinity added, “I’m not there mentally…I’m not there.” Infinity continued, “I cried all day today…I felt like I had an episode on social media. I was just doing so good not being…not putting my feelings out there and I was just keeping it to myself. And then I just blew. One situation and I just blew. I think I figured out what’s my trigger, what triggers me. And I blew.”

Infinity Gilyard said she needs help.

Infinity continued, “It’s like you pretend, you pretend, you pretend and you keep doing more pretending and nothing works. Nothing works, nothing works, nothing works. And I’m just at my breaking point. I just don’t know what to do with myself. Who do you vent to without people repeating it?”

She also revealed she’s tired of people dismissing her feelings as her just being too sensitive. “Who do you go to that’s not going to categorize you and label you and call you emotional or too sensitive? Who’s just going to hear me out and understand the pain I’ve been feeling and what I’ve been fighting and dealing with? I think I’m just done. I cried and I don’t even have any more tears to cry.” Infinity added, “I really just feel defeated.”

Infinity believes she needs a therapist. “I just feel like I’m trying and trying. And I have this wall with myself and I just need therapy. I really just have to find a therapist. I found a therapist that I liked. They don’t take my insurance. I found a therapist I liked, they’re not taking any more clients.” She continued, “I find another therapist I like, they cost too much. I really need help.”

And she doesn’t feel loved, “I don’t feel loved. People say they care. They don’t really care. I’m questioning everybody now. It’s just like, is there something wrong with me?”

January 14, 2022 at 11:34 am

This was so sad and I feel for Infinity. She really does need therapy and maybe Yandy and Mendeecees can pay since she said she can’t afford it on her own.

• Audrey

January 14, 2022 at 11:48 am

Maybe she needs more than they can give her . She seems like a problem child and I see Yancy trying to give her everything she wants and needs and then she does things like this every time . There is only so much they can do to help her . I am sue they would pay for her to see a therapist . She seems to me like a person who doesn’t like herself so she feels like no one else likes her either . I feel bad for all of them . Yandy always get the flack from everyone every time this child does this . Just my opinion and I’m not blaming her for her issues

• Lynette Butler

January 14, 2022 at 2:35 pm

I totally agree we as people all go thru mental trauma it’s life we are human I truly get it and understand it but she has to start with self and not throw blame on everyone else🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻She gets the help she need

• Rainbow

January 15, 2022 at 7:46 am

Huh? I feel like some of y’all are so focused on stanning for Yandy you refuse to watch the video in full and understand context. She literally said she needs help and didn’t put blame on anyone else. Stop being biased.

2. Chelly

January 14, 2022 at 11:49 am

Mental health is no joke and we all must do what’s necessary to thrive and be happy. The fact that she’s aware of her feelings and what she needs is good. Prayers for Infinity.

3. Blackrose

January 14, 2022 at 12:20 pm

She needs help. They should have sent her to therapy a long time ago. Many people even though they are surrounded by family feel alone. Doesn’t mean the family did anything wrong it just means that they have some things to work out for themselves and need help to do that. Some perspective

4. Lisa

January 14, 2022 at 12:53 pm

You can tell she’s been through a lot already in her life. Therapy will help her sort out her feelings and move forward. I honestly think everyone could benefit from therapy. Not just those who are struggling.

5. Trease

January 14, 2022 at 2:31 pm

This little girl is a troubled child and she has come into mendezi and yandy’s life to interrupt their life with their kids somebody need to get her but she’s grown she need to get herself

• Shannon

January 15, 2022 at 11:28 am

Umm, Infinity was adopted by Yandy. She is Yandy’s child. Do you not understand how adoption works?

6. Denise Brooks

January 14, 2022 at 3:21 pm

So you guys are going to bring more trauma to her by your negative comments? Apparently you don’t understand mental illness. IT’S REAL!!! And you shouldn’t point the finger at someone who is battling internally. This is why people feel that no one is in their corner.Try lifting others up when they are struggling instead of tearing them down.

• Rainbow

January 15, 2022 at 7:49 am

Thank you. I believe some of them are too focused on stanning strangers like Yandy when they need to be educating themselves on mental illness and mental health. There’s no need to criticize Infinity.

7. Yvonne

January 14, 2022 at 3:30 pm

I feel so sad for her, but you can’t blame Yandy for this she was a broken child when Yandy got her. Truly hope she get all the therapy she need so she can love herself and live a wonderful life!!! I’m going to pray for her .

8. Lauren

January 14, 2022 at 3:33 pm

Y’all this is the kind of situation where it’s no one’s fault. Not Yandy’s fault. Not Mendeecees fault. Not Infinity’s fault. Life isn’t a cake walk. Infinity went through some things and her childhood wasn’t easy. Yandy and Mendeecees gave her tools to be successful, start a business, and go to college BUT childhood trauma is something you can’t shake without therapy. Pray for everyone involved.

• Rainbow

January 15, 2022 at 7:50 am

Very mature comment. Thank you.

9. Cami

January 14, 2022 at 3:47 pm

I agree Infinity needs help, she’s not grown, isn’t she still a teenager. Agreed she has a lot of childhood trauma that needs to be addressed. I’m not blaming anyone but this child needs help, not negativity.

10. Kelly

January 15, 2022 at 11:21 am

I am so sorry for what she’s going through but she has to work on herself. Everybody’s so busy blaming Yandy for what? She mentored Infinity . She adopted her.She moved her in. This child no young woman has her real family too! Where are they? At what point is Yandy supposed to worry about what’s best for her and her own family. She tried to help and was threatened about her own kids being removed? Now be honest would we risk that trying to help somebody else’s daughter? NO!!!

• Shannon

January 15, 2022 at 11:27 am

Who on here blamed Yandy? Please, point them out. By the way, Yandy adopted Infinity. Infinity is her daughter and she’s a part of her family. So please be respectful with your comments. Infinity needs therapy not criticism and a lack of understanding of how adoption works.

• Cee Wright

January 16, 2022 at 3:29 pm

If people don’t want opinions, backlash or whatever. STOP POSTING STUFF! Gone are the days where people handled their problem behind closed doors

11. Unfortunate

January 16, 2022 at 12:20 pm

I’m MY opinion this young lady is suffering from the regretful things she did to hurt Yandy and she lost her special place she had in their family. Right now she’s hurting and I hope she learns from it. You can not hurt and betray family because you don’t want to follow the rules when you’re a minor. Never bite the hand that feeds you!

• Shannon

January 16, 2022 at 12:38 pm

What are you even talking about? Infinity was preyed on by an older man. She’s actually a victim in that situation along with Yandy. Do you hear yourself saying a young black woman lost her place in her family? Who do you think Yandy is? She’s not you, Unfortunate. Yandy actually loves and cares for this young black woman and Infinity is still a part of Yandy’s family. I don’t understand the thinking of some of Yandy’s fans. First y’all were upset when Yandy was accused of not caring about Infinity and using her for clout. Now you all want her to abandon Infinity or think she has abandoned her and kicked her out the family? How strange. Yandy is a better person than that. So stop criticizing her daughter. I’m sure Yandy doesn’t appreciate it.

12. Pat

January 16, 2022 at 3:10 pm

Why are some of you itching to talk badly about a 18/19 year old? I really hate stan culture.