Entertainment

Monique Samuels Responds to Criticism from ‘Love & Marriage: DC’ Fans

Photo Credit: OWN/YouTube

LAMDC fans are very vocal on social media.

Monique Samuels said people would see the real her on “Love & Marriage: DC.” She wasn’t fond of her departure from “Real Housewives of Potomac.” But the bright side was moving on to the “Love & Marriage” spinoff means fans will be able to have a much deeper look inside her marriage to Chris Samuels. On the first season, Monique and Chris are clashing a lot. Monique wants Chris to be more involved with household duties. At times, she feels like she is being overstretched. And she would just like Chris to step up a lot more so she doesn’t have to feel so overwhelmed.

Communication is something Chris and Monique struggle with often. There are times when Monique doesn’t feel all that appreciated. And she doesn’t think Chris always does a good job considering her feelings. On the recent episode of LAMDC, Chris tried to be romantic when he said he’d marry Monique all over again if it led to his current reality. However, Monique thought the moment was ruined because Chris also brought up his college sweetheart. Monique didn’t hold back her thoughts when she confronted Chris about the moment. Some fans have accused Monique of being too harsh toward Chris on the show.

Well, Monique responds to the backlash on part one of the reunion.

1. Troy

July 22, 2022 at 12:00 pm

I heard nothing but facts from Monique, but the black man is definitely not protected either. Black men & women get demonized, vilified & straight up dragged when we stand up for ourselves, but it gets turned on us and we’re labeled “difficult” or “combative” when we’re actually being firm & assertive. But I understand where she’s coming from tho.

2. I said what I said

July 22, 2022 at 12:58 pm

I understand where she is coming from but her delivery was wrong. Wrong is wrong and right is right, her delivery could have been and should have been better with Chris. She belittles that man every opportunity she has. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

I was a huge fan of hers before the show but now I can’t stand her.

• Tracy

July 22, 2022 at 5:16 pm

I call it the Jada Pinkett behavior, she definitely emasculated Chris every chance she got

• Rose Lane

July 23, 2022 at 10:34 am

Yes Ladies, Chris mom might be right, she has changed,her true colors are showing.

• Deb

July 22, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I whole heartly agree with you. I used to like Monique, but I cannot stand her anymore either Nor am I to fond of her friends.

3. TNYCOLE

July 23, 2022 at 9:46 am

The show has absolutely no appeal or any elements that can sustain an audience, please cancel.

• Ann Johnson

July 24, 2022 at 3:58 am

Please cancel
      Can’t stand the way she talks to Chris And she thinks she knows everything to tell Chris how he should feel.

4. Rose Lane

July 23, 2022 at 10:47 am

I,m SORRY 😔 but I feel she is not the same her delivery was disrespectful, I have a question if she was not married to Chris where would she be right now, ????

5. trina

July 23, 2022 at 1:08 pm

Her delivery was way wrong, it showed her as being someone who doesn’t know how to talk to someone unless it is talking down. Maybe a little to much street and not refinement. Chris mother may have seen through the veneer of class.
    Part of Monique knows that without Chris she would not have the life and opportunities she has,and she has unconscious resentment.

6. Carmen

July 23, 2022 at 4:51 pm

How the Housewives franchise “portrayed” Monique was not farfetched. She verbally assaults her husband every chance she gets, refuses to see her wrongdoings, constantly gossips and all about the me me me…self centered. She got away with this sermon bc she used the appropriate lingo to gain the support of others.

7. JT

July 24, 2022 at 7:31 pm

I hate this entire franchise. Carlos King brings out and highlights the worse in people for entertainment. I don’t watch this mess. I’d hope OWN cancel both love marriage shows but OWN so desperate the network probably pay to keep.it on

• Anne

July 24, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Yes you are right Carlos King loves making money off of people acting crazy I want watch another season.