Surprise, Surprise: Grammys President Exposed for Trying to Cover up Racial Bias

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

Looks like the racially bias Grammy Awards is feeling the heat for the debacle they pulled last weekend.

1. Bee

February 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm

A whole committee was put into effect because Lionel Ritchie won over Bruce Springsteen. The lengths they go through just to TRY to put out our light never ceases to amaze me. Smh.

• Music Lover

February 17, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Cosign. How sad that this has been going on for so long.

• Troll

February 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm

That’s why we as a whole, black artists and black people, have to stop giving them power. We have to stop watching and Beyonce/Rihanna/Drake/Kendrick, etc. need to stop going. I mean the Grammys isn’t even crucial to anyone’s career anymore. None of our artists even need them now. Thanks to streaming and social media, these award shows just don’t mean as much anymore. Especially when they refuse to get with the times.

February 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm

This doesn’t surprise me at all. They clearly wanted to send a message to Rihanna and Beyonce on Sunday. They are literally two of the biggest stars in music but they set out to embarrass them both on Sunday. I’m just glad that people are finally calling them out because maybe now we can finally stop keeping the Grammys relevant. Let it die off. Neither Bey nor Rih needs them anyway.

3. Shayla

February 17, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Ok. I’m not ever watching again. This is absolutely evil for them to do to black artists.

• Bee

February 17, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Same. I’ll usually try to watch just the performances if I like the artist but now I won’t watch at all. I’m disgusted.

4. Ms. Jackson

February 17, 2017 at 12:51 pm

F-ck the Grammys. They got the last little ratings they will ever get from me again on Sunday. And Beyonce and Rihanna better stop showing up to that bullsh-t too. I should have known some sh-t was going to go down when it was confirmed that Drake, Ye, Beiber and Frank were boycotting.

5. Nessa

February 17, 2017 at 12:54 pm

There’s no reason that MJ got only one Album of the Year win and Taylor and Adele have two each. Yeah, I’m over it.

• Anonymous

February 17, 2017 at 1:49 pm

I mean look what’s happening with radio. Black artists can’t get any play outside of urban stations. If it wasn’t for streaming, they would be completely shut out. Meanwhile, white artists like Adele can be heard on black stations all around the country. It’s really not cool.

6. Chelly

February 17, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I mean it was already fishy to me because literally other artists came out and said that they expect Bey to win. One voter even told HDD that a lot of them were voting for Lemonade. Then Adele just comes in and sweeps? So this adds up.

7. Erica

February 17, 2017 at 1:08 pm

We’re in the Trump era. They were not going to let Beyonce and Rihanna win in the big categories. Especially not Bey’s album full of black visuals. But it’s cool. Black artists should boycott and let these boring white artists handle all the performances. The ratings will drop significantly.

8. Tasha

February 17, 2017 at 1:41 pm

The Grammys is so pathetic.

• Me

February 17, 2017 at 2:00 pm

That’s why I don’t know why we care about it so much. I love Bey but she didn’t need to win AOTY to know that Lemonade is a great album. And Rih knows Work was massive. We don’t need snotty white people sitting on some rigged committee to tell us they’re great. I’m glad Drake gets that.

9. D. Val

February 17, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Yeah so………… From here on out, idc who is performing. I’m not watching. PRAYERFULLY they don’t show up next year. Adele’s speech was sweet but this is bigger than her.

10. WhatWhat

February 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm

I think we are going to see less and less major black artists go. It’s really no point for them to show up anymore. Especially when most of the little awards they give black people don’t even get aired on the show.

11. Hater

February 17, 2017 at 2:04 pm

WOW. I’m so done y’all. This is white supremacy at its finest but they swear we make all this stuff up.

12. Lay Lay

February 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm

But of course. They will never admit this though. They will say he’s lying and continue business as usual. Stuff won’t change until black people as a whole stop caring and stop supporting the Grammys.

13. I'm off the fence now

February 17, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I felt that something was not matching up. Hell even Adele was surprised she won.

14. Ratchet Queen

February 17, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Damn. Well let me make a mental note not to ever watch this trash again.

February 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Not a shocker at all.

16. Tracy

February 18, 2017 at 6:25 am

Terrible

17. anon anon

February 18, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Of course they snubbed our two black queens. In the time of President Trump and his racist supporters, they will take every opportunity to put us in our place. Love Bey and Rih!