Vote: Who Should Win Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards? (UPDATE)

Vote: Who Should Win Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards? (UPDATE)

Photo Credit: Instagram/Urban Belle

The BET Awards goes down tonight, and the most controversial award has to be Best Female Hip Hop Artist.

This year Young M.A., Remy Ma, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B and Missy Elliott have all been nominated.

Many seem to think the award will come down to Nicki or Remy since their feud has been a hot topic in the media, but we want to know who you believe will walk away with the award.

June 25, 2017 at 2:43 pm

I’m going to probably be in the minority but I say Cardi B. Chick has next and she didn’t have to get in a rap beef to progress either.

• Barbee

June 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm

You’re not in the minority. A lot of people think Cardi deserves it. I don’t mind her winning either. She’s focused on her career and I respect it.

2. Me

June 25, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Cardi. Either way, I think Nicki knows she’s not winning. That’s why she’s been reposting all of her accomplishments for the last 48 hours.

• Anonymous

June 25, 2017 at 7:50 pm

lmao

• Bee

June 26, 2017 at 10:50 am

I noticed this too lol.

3. Shannon

June 25, 2017 at 2:47 pm

BET can go two ways. Be messy and give it Remy since Nicki isn’t showing up anyway. Or give it to Cardi, which is the safe and most sensible choice. Remy has been getting a lot of buzz but only for the beef. I don’t think you should win just because you made a good diss track.

June 25, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Cardi, Missy, Nicki and Young M.A. have their own hype. Remy has yet to prove herself without being attached to someone else. So I do not feel she needs to win. But nowadays everything is about a headline. Her winning is easy publicity for BET. That’s exactly what will happen.

June 25, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Bardi Gang!

6. Xanthia

June 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I think Remy will win. I don’t think she should though.

June 25, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Shether ended Nicki’s career. Remy should win. Cardi still needs to prove herself.

• Barbee

June 25, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I’m convinced Remy Mafia will say just about anything no matter how delusional and false it may be. One even swore up and down Remy and Fat Joe’s album went triple platinum smh.

8. Yeah I Said It!

June 25, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Cardi. The glow up for her has been interesting to see.

9. Ms. Jackson

June 25, 2017 at 3:29 pm

It shouldn’t be Remy’s hating a-s that’s for sure. I f-ck with Cardi though.

June 25, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Missy, Nicki and Remy aren’t new artists. It’s time for someone new. So either Cardi or Young Ma. Especially when they are doing very well. It’s time for BET to stop giving the awards to the same people.

11. Gabriella

June 25, 2017 at 3:40 pm

I think they gonna give it to Remy by default now does she deserve it that’s the real question. My issue with Remy is where is the solo album and the singles no diss track, no beef with Nicki a solo body of work hell even a couple singles that’s buzzing something.

12. 404

June 25, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Cardi or Young Ma. It’s time for some fresh faces.

13. IJS

June 25, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Remy should not be rewarded for being jealous of Nicki for years and taking her shot when she felt Nicki was the most vulnerable for a dragging from the public. Honestly, it’s saying something that after Shether, Remy still had to go back to LHHNY to pay the bills. Cardi actually left and Young M.A. is out here doing her thing too without needing beefs or reality shows. So it should honestly only be between Cardi and Young M.A. But since everything is about hype, they have turned this into Nicki vs Remy.

14. Trinity

June 25, 2017 at 4:35 pm

I REALLY FEEL THAT LIKE CARDI B SHOULD WIN I LOVE NICKI IT JUST SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE IN LOVE WITH REMY 4 THE WRONG REASONS THEY GLORIFY THE WRONG SHHHT BECAUSE SHE WENT TO JAIL THAT COUPLE AINT GOALS SHE SHOT HER FRIEND FOREAL AND HER MAN DIDN’T STOP HER A REAL MAN AINT GONE LET THAT HAPPEN SIS AND IT AIN’T NICKI FAULT U WENT DOWN 4 SOMETHING DUMB GO FINISH BATTLING WHO U WERE UP AGAINST BEFORE U WENT TO JAIL LIKE JACKI O LOLA MONROE FOXY KIM TRINA MIA X UNTIL U PROVE U BETTER THAN THEM CARDI B TAKIN THIS HOME SIS STOP SLEEPING ON HER AND REMY MA AINT REAL HIP-HOP TO ALL THE HATERS QUEEN LATIFAH AND LAUREN HILL BEEN SNATCHED THAT IJS

June 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm

So who went and gathered up all the barbs? Nicki should NOT be leading the poll! Y’all just refuse to let any other female rapper shine. Insecure much?!

16. Pat

June 25, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Everyone is watching to see who wins this. I think Cardi will win. I didn’t realize how many fans she has until recently. Remy’s fans are just Nicki haters. Cardi has legit fans.

17. Im Sayin

June 25, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Cardi all day. I’m very happy to see her winning right now. Nicki losing tonight doesn’t mean she’s not successful. Let’s just keep it 100.

18. Lay Lay

June 25, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I hope Cardi wins!

19. Tea

June 25, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Well then!! Cardi’s fans did not come to play today!!

20. Music Lover

June 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm

I think most of us are tired of Nicki and Remy thanks to their beef. It would be refreshing for someone else to win tonight.

June 25, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Yes! I’m glad Cardi won the poll. Sadly I don’t think she will tonight. BET may play politics and give it to Remy or Nicki.

22. Yeah I Said It!

June 25, 2017 at 7:38 pm

What the…someone check on Barbee. Nicki was up like 42% earlier today. LOL.

23. Nicole

June 25, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Yes. I hope she wins. Go Cardi!

June 25, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Nicki is the most successful one on the list. She should win.

June 25, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Remy is going to win. It’s all about publicity and drama. It is still a show at the end of the day. Nicki knows and that is why she did not come.

26. My 2 Cents

June 26, 2017 at 12:13 am

Mess.

June 26, 2017 at 8:29 am

Welp they did exactly what I said they would do. Unfortunately, Chris and the Migos overshadowed Remy’s “big” night. It’s so hard for her to get her own shine. Poor thing.