Iyanla Fix My Life Season 6 Episode 2 Recap: Addicted to Fame

‘Fix My Life’ Recap: Memphitz Confirms Drug Use, Talks K. Michelle & Father’s Murder

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On last night’s episode of “Fix My Life,” Iyanla works with Mickey “Memphitz” Wright. Memphitz is a former top hip-hop executive who lost it all and turned to drugs to numb his pain.

However, Mickey’s pain is tied to something much deeper than a fallen career: his father’s murder at the hands of the KKK.

Here is the recap for, “Addicted to Fame.”

March 11, 2018 at 11:27 am

He needs to stop blaming K for all of his problems. He had issues way before her anyway.

2. Chelly

March 11, 2018 at 11:44 am

He needs therapy. I doubt he will get any though.

March 11, 2018 at 11:52 am

I’m sorry but I think K lied on him. I mean she’s already been caught for multiple lies just this year alone. She lied about her butt surgery for YEARS. She lied and said he punched her on the show but denied he did in court. She lied on TSR about owning a percentage of LHH and Mona had to bust her out on Instagram about it. Sis lies…A LOT. Just saying.

• Babygirl

March 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Yes K does lie a lot. But we saw Memphitz blow up on Toya on Marriage Bootcamp. He really did act abusive towards her. So I don’t doubt something did go down with him and K.

March 11, 2018 at 11:54 am

I’m glad Iyanla held him responsible for his actions. Yes, losing a parent the way he lost his dad is traumatizing. But he’s an adult and has complete control over how he reacts to things.

March 11, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Nothing will change with this man. He will have another meltdown on the gram again soon enough. That’s why he didn’t go to rehab. He’s not serious about fixing his life at all.

March 11, 2018 at 12:08 pm

I knew he was a cokehead.

7. Deja

March 11, 2018 at 12:18 pm

I almost felt sorry for him and then he blamed everything on K yet again. I can’t.

• CiCi

March 11, 2018 at 12:35 pm

8. My 2 Cents

March 11, 2018 at 12:29 pm

9. Xanthia

March 11, 2018 at 1:49 pm

I guess legally neither him or K Michelle can legally say each other’s name in the media.

10. ATL

March 11, 2018 at 2:33 pm

You can tell Memphitz has a lot of pain he has yet to really process. I don’t think meeting Iyanla one time s going to be enough.

11. Guest

March 11, 2018 at 3:25 pm

Drugs will make you act erratic and aggressive. He’s been a drug addict for 16 yrs. I feel that his issues stem from this and the lost of his father. I hope that the help Iyanla was able to provide was a stepping stone for him in getting additional help. He needs rehab and more psychotherapy.

March 11, 2018 at 6:45 pm

He’s handsome as ph***.

13. Get Busy

March 11, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Memphitz should have went to rehab.

14. deb

March 12, 2018 at 1:23 pm

He can still go to rehab, he ought to be tired of numbing himself with drugs, he ought to wanna be apart of the real world. He ought to want to honor his father and not destroy himself, his Dad wouldn’t want him to do that. He needs to stop with the excuses and grow up.