Quantcast
'Wendy Williams Show' Lawsuit Update: Interns Could Get Millions

Television

‘Wendy Williams Show’ Lawsuit Update: Interns Could Get Millions

Photo Credit: Facebook

Photo Credit: Facebook

Months ago it was reported a group of former interns were suing NBCUniversal because they feel like they were overworked while they interned at the “Wendy Williams Show,” and they feel they should have been compensated since they were responsible for such mundane tasks.

Now there’s an update on the suit, and it’s being reported that a settlement is in the works.

Law 360 writes:

A settlement is imminent in an intern class action suit claiming Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. stiffed them on wages while forcing them to do grunt work on “The Wendy Williams Show,” lawyers told a Manhattan federal judge on Friday.

As far as the settlement is concerned, multiple sources say the interns could get around $6.4 million.

February 28, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Ain’t that bout a b-tch?

2. Ms. Jackson

February 28, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Ok so now I can sue all the motherf-ckers who gave me an unpaid internship while I was in college too? I mean sh-t let me know. I can use the money.

• Barbee

February 28, 2015 at 6:12 pm

The interns are saying it wasn’t unpaid and they were supposed to be compensated but never were.

3. Old School

February 28, 2015 at 5:59 pm

This generation is so spoiled.

• Heather B.

February 28, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Even though they actually were owed money, I do agree that this younger generation seems very spoiled and entitled.

4. Yeah I Said It!

February 28, 2015 at 6:06 pm

This is another reason unpaid internships are going to disappear soon. It’s too much of a risk for a company now.

• Barbee

February 28, 2015 at 6:12 pm

The interns are saying it was a paid internship.

5. julyol1972

February 28, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I didn’t know it was a paid internship, and that Wendell may’ve withheld their wages. If that the case, good for them for getting their money. But I definitely agree with Old School. This generation is made up of a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats.

• Barbee

February 28, 2015 at 6:13 pm

Cosign.

February 28, 2015 at 7:24 pm

It’s sad they had to file a lawsuit to get their money.

7. Im Sayin