Queen Sugar Season 4 Episode 2 Recap: No Longer Imagine

‘Queen Sugar’ Recap: Micah Gets Into an Altercation + Charley & Ralph Angel Go Off on Nova

Queen Sugar Season 4 Episode 2 Recap

Photo Credit: OWN

By: A.J. Niles

On the latest episode of “Queen Sugar,” Micah returns home from his summer vacation in Paris. He returns with a more mature look and his activist mentality only grew. This results in a physical altercation when a white student tries to bully him.

Meanwhile, Charley and Ralph Angel take turns confronting Nova regarding what’s in her book, and Hollywood does his best to keep it away from Aunt Vi.

Speaking of Aunt Vi, her ex Jimmy Dale, played by David Allen Greer, seeks out Aunt Vi.

Here’s the recap for, “No Longer Imagine.”

1. Lay Lay

June 20, 2019 at 8:48 am

I’m ready for Aunt Vi to read Nova. It’s going to be glorious.

• Chanise White

June 21, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Yess honey she gon tear her a-s up and I can’t wait. You put your own dirty laundry out there. She violated in the worst way. I know this is just a show and its fiction but Nova is really messes up. She didn’t even have enough respect to talk to them and give them heads up. I would disown her self righteous ads

2. Michelle

June 20, 2019 at 9:11 am

I want Ralph Angel and Darla to get back together.

June 20, 2019 at 10:40 am

I’m so over Micah’s woke storyline. He’s becoming almost as annoying as Nova.

4. The Truth

June 20, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Nova doesn’t understand she only has the right to share her own dark secrets. Not anyone else’s.

5. Im Sayin

June 20, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Apparently being woke to Nova means caring about no one else’s feelings but her own.

6. CeeWee

June 20, 2019 at 2:39 pm

I think Nova is lost and is in some kind of mental funk. She needs help.

7. JAMESLYN

June 20, 2019 at 4:34 pm

That mental funk is called “selfish”. Nova is a self centered jerk and Micah is following in her footsteps. All they see is their perception of what is reality and what isn’t. Nova is a prime example when it comes to her family of she is going to need them before they need her. And she has ruined any relationship she may have had. Sidenote, I do not like that guy Darla went on a date with. He is moving entirely too fast and I hope Darla doesn’t relapse after hearing what is in the book. She is already on the edge..in last week’s episode she was at some junkie spot and then drove off. Ra needs to go ahead and tell that public defender about his past before that is an issue. Hell, truth be told after this book is out, Darla and RA might both lose custody.

8. Burlingbabe

June 21, 2019 at 8:31 am

I agree. You can only tell YOUR truth. As u see it. And if she felt she was right, she would have shared the book with family immediately. I think it’s pretty clear she’s always been jealous of Charley. Rememberthe Remy thing?

9. Chanise White

June 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm

10. Tia J.

June 21, 2019 at 5:12 pm

Nova mentioned to Charlie she bared her own bones in her book as well as her family’s. I don’t remember if it was exposed in previous seasons, but I wonder if Nova’s self-righteous revelations led her to write about the married, white cop her pro-Black everything self was involved with. She tried to bring down the department for Too Sweet and other Black men who were wrongly convicted or too harshly charged while sleeping with one of their own. The worst part for her family is they really can’t cite or claim defamation because her allegations can be proven to be true. This show is toooo good!

11. MO

June 21, 2019 at 11:26 pm

Who is this Jimmy Dale,brother to Vi or ex-husband??Remember Novas father had to get her out of abusive relationship…I think ex-husband.I want ra and Darla together again.

• Jameslyn

June 22, 2019 at 8:48 am

Jimmy Dale is Aunt Vi’s abusive ex. And the way he keeps asking about her pies I’m wondering if she is using some of his family’s recipes??? I get the feeling he about his coins and wants some of hers. It’s going to be interesting to see how Big and Hollywood handle this one!

12. Felicia E Blackwelll

June 22, 2019 at 11:15 pm

Nova wants to show the injustice that black folks deal with on a daily basis. All well and good, but….she had know right to discuss anything pertaining to families personal life. This is where she becomes selfish.how dare she discuss her brothers private business regarding his son him having been incarcerated., her aunt, her sister.She was wrong and thats that. now what would be decent of her would be for her to accept that she was wrong and sincerely ask for each one of their forgiveness.some people are selfish and believe they are entitled to do whatever they want .

13. Phyllis Chapman

June 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm

What’s the name of the song playing when Charles picks Micah up from the airport sporting a new look and a couple of girls ask him if he would take a selfie with him…if someone can please tell me who made that song I will be forever grateful💕