Quantcast
Shannon Brown Seems Unbothered About Divorce from Monica in New Interview

Shannon Brown Seems Unbothered About Divorce from Monica in New Interview

Photo Credit: YouTube/Sister Circle

Monica Brown broke down in tears while discussing her divorce.

On “Friends And Family Hustle,” she said it was a stressful situation.

But she didn’t want things to get nasty.

So she hasn’t said much about it.

She hasn’t even confirmed what led to the split.

Shannon Brown made a recent appearance on “Sister Circle.”

He was there to discuss his new foundation. And playing in Ice Cube’s “The Big 3” league.

Rashan Ali then asked him about the divorce.

And some feel like he just seemed way too unbothered.

Here’s how the conversation went down:

Rashan Ali

Well, Shannon, we know publicly you have been going through a lot. Just tell us how you’ve been able to navigate, you know, and learn more about yourself. And be able to co-parent and do all that good stuff.

Shannon Brown

I haven’t been going through a lot of nothing.

I feel like a lot of people take stories that they hear and they blow it up for entertainment purposes but I’ve learned how to ignore the negativity.

And just keep pushing forward. That’s what it’s all about. It’s funny because I think a lot of people got the same idea. When they see me, they’re like, ‘Are you okay?’

I’m like, ‘I’m fine. What’s wrong?’

Check out the full interview and clip below.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SisterCircleTV (@sistercircletv) on

1. Erica

July 17, 2019 at 3:07 pm

I don’t think anyone should take a divorce so lightly. He doesn’t have to bash her or say much but this made it seem like he doesn’t really care.

2. Michelle

July 17, 2019 at 3:13 pm

A no comment would have been better than this.

3. Guest

July 17, 2019 at 3:37 pm

He was protecting his family and their privacy. They’ve clearly decided not to discuss it. I don’t think he was being nonchalant. He was just being discreet. People these days look for any information to run with and I don’t blame him or Monica for keeping it private. It’s no one’s business anyways. Frankly, I think it’s in bad taste to inquire. He shouldn’t be questioned about anything but what pertains to his basketball career, unless he feels comfortable providing this information first. Too many people publish their lives on social media and in the public eye but, don’t understand and get frustrated when things go awry because people have put in their 2 cents and gotten the story discombobulated.

July 17, 2019 at 3:41 pm

I think to say he’s not going through anything was a bit on the cold side. But I respect the fact that neither him nor Monica are bashing each other. If only all divorces were this respectful.

5. Jordans Memory

July 18, 2019 at 9:35 am

He probably checked out of his marriage years ago and relieved he don’t have to keep up appearances anymore. Maybe he is just glad to be free and able to move on but keeping it cute at the same time. I wonder if its a kid involved because they are moving very silently and not willing to say what the breakdown was even though I would say either if it was me. But it’s no secret that he cheats so maybe its something like a side baby.

• MS aquasparkle

July 19, 2019 at 2:22 pm

They have a daughter together.And I can respect a person if they feel they can’t be true and not cheat on their partner then yes get out of the relationship. It makes no sense to continue to hurt and betray the innocent party.