'Married to Medicine' Star Buffie Purselle Addresses Her Fallout with Dr. Simone Whitmore

‘Married to Medicine’ Star Buffie Purselle Addresses Her Fallout with Dr. Simone Whitmore

Photo Credit: Bravo/YouTube

Buffie Purselle had a very explosive first season on “Married to Medicine.” Although she originally seemed to get along fine with the whole cast, things went left between her and Dr. Jackie Walters. While Jackie was giving a speech about not being able to have kids as a cancer survivor, she said that Buffie can relate because she’s infertile. Buffie has been open about her struggles to become a mother. However, she didn’t appreciate Jackie bringing this up in a room full of strangers.

So she eventually confronted Jackie for the comments made during her speech. Jackie was taken aback, and then she eventually became angry. She couldn’t believe that Buffie would feel she intended to hurt her in any way.

After a few apologies, Jackie and Buffie were able to bury the hatchet at the reunion.

Interestingly enough, it was Dr. Simone Whitmore who pressed Jackie about her comments about Buffie. When Jackie couldn’t understand why Buffie was so offended, Simone attempted to make her see Buffie’s side. And she urged Jackie to apologize a third time.

So it seemed as if Simone and Buffie had a solid friendship to most of the fans of the show. However, Simone confused a lot of people when she said that Buffie no longer answers her text messages. And she doesn’t know why.

This was said after it was reported that Buffie was not asked back for the upcoming season.

Well, Buffie recently addressed her fallout with Simone.

June 24, 2020 at 8:37 am

Simone seems two faced to me.

• Tamara D

June 25, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Let’s be honest. If you are friends with a person and they do something wrong. You call that person out for what they did. Simone called Jackie out for outing Buffy’s business.
      Here’s the thing, if you have a relationship with a person you know their character. Jackie was wrong. But I don’t think she meant anything malicious about it.
      Simone was wrong to have her longtime continuing to apologize to a person. I’ll do it once. Maybe twice. But after that. I’m done. That’s your issue not mine.
      As much as people hate Heavenly. She had Jackie’s back, when nobody didn’t. That’s what Simone is pissed about

2. Love Heavenly

June 24, 2020 at 11:56 am

This just goes to show you that Simone isn’t really capable of being anyone’s real friend. She probably did something shady to Buffie because she’s always being shady to her so called “friends.” Toya as well. Meanwhile, Heavenly has already been a much better friend to Jackie when Jackie and Simone have known each other much longer.

• Lay Lay

June 24, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Would Heavenly be Jackie’s friend if it wasn’t to her advantage though? It seems like Heavenly made sure she befriended the favorites of the producers.

• Jeanice

June 24, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Heavenly should be the last one to talk about friendship. Jackie is SO FAR up Heavenly’s A-s Where Jackies’ personality is starting to [email protected]

• Audrey Smith

June 24, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Imo, since Jackie expressed possibly making this her last season, the producers probably became concerned about her reasons for wanting to leave the show. Whenever she named who she couldn’t work with “Buffy” then Buffy had to go. They will not sacrifice Jackie for Buffy. I vote to remove Quad & Heavenly. It seems there only story line is to tear down the others. I need Myrah to regain her position as lead. You don’t need Quad to kee kee ha ha with. I can see you’re hurting from the lost of your friendship with her. Perhaps you was more of a friend to her than she was to you. Come back Myrah b4 you get lost in the shuffle. I miss the spunk & fun side of you.

• Deliann lee

June 25, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Our Family, appreciate MARIAH MARRIED MEDICINE ATLANTA. MARIAH is everything. SHE CREATE THE SHOW, FRANCHISE, CAST MEMBERS & GAIN VIEWERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. NO ONE CAN TAKE HER PLACE, NO MARIAH NO MARRIED TO MEDICINE ATLANTA OR LA.

3. Anony

June 24, 2020 at 12:07 pm

I cant be the only person that hates when these so called reality tv stars speak in riddles. Dam, either say you like Simone or you dont like her and explain why OR dont comment on a fans post if you aren’t gonna clarify your answer. I like Buffy but I began to look at her sideways when she cried and said it’s hard being more successful than your friends or something like that. Thank God for the ID channel because reality stars and their fake storylines are making my head hurt.

• Blackrose

June 25, 2020 at 5:29 am

I did as well when she made that odd statement.
      I looked at her funny the minute she has Joseline on there

4. Get Busy

June 24, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Buffie shouldn’t have been fired. She was a part of the major storyline last season.

• Queen

June 24, 2020 at 4:11 pm

I agree. But I’m not surprised they let her go. Jackie seems to be the favorite of the powers to be.

5. Taylor Downing

June 24, 2020 at 1:29 pm

I am totally confused. Why are her and Simone no longer friends? Just give a straightforward answer.

• LAURA BULLOCK

June 24, 2020 at 5:26 pm

THEY ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS BC JACKIE IS FRIENDS WITH HEAVENLY AND SIMONE HATES HEAVENLY.

June 24, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Fake friendships never last.

7. Val

June 24, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Hmmm…it seems to me like Buffie thinks Simone may have crossed her and played a role in her getting fired. But I don’t think that’s what happened. Buffie really didn’t fit in with the group like that. That’s why she didn’t get a contract.

8. Let's Be Real

June 24, 2020 at 2:15 pm

Didn’t Toya say Buffie cried too much and Simone sat there and said nothing in her defense? Simone didn’t really defend Buffie outside of telling Jackie to apologize. Maybe Buffie saw that and realized Simone isn’t a true friend. I mean let’s be real. Simone hasn’t been a good friend to anyone on the show. She’s a flip flopper.

9. Chelly

June 24, 2020 at 2:29 pm

She thinks Simone played a part in her getting fired? Umm she’s looking at the wrong person. If anything, Jackie and Heavenly are the reasons why she was fired. Jackie more so than anyone.

10. Buffie Purselle

June 24, 2020 at 5:37 pm

If I’m fired please ask them to let my lawyers know that because we told them that I didn’t want to come back in December after the reunion and they have yet to release me. And you can quote me on that. And ain’t nobody worried about Simone. She did her job well and I wish her the best.

• Tea

June 24, 2020 at 7:02 pm

I wish you’d do another season though. But I can see why you wouldn’t want to.

June 24, 2020 at 7:48 pm

She’s better off without the friendship. The show is too toxic anyway.

12. Trina Walls

June 25, 2020 at 11:49 pm

What did Simone do? Simone talked and talked to Jackie to apologize. She spoke up for Buffie to the others to give her a chance. Simone is quick to pop off and holds a grudge but she wasn’t like that with Buffie.
    Buffie doesn’t answer the question all.