Quantcast
Romeo Miller Responds to Criticism of His New Music

Urban Belle Magazine

Romeo Miller Responds to Criticism of His New Music

Photo Credit: WE tv/YouTube

Romeo’s departure from GUHH was controversial.

Romeo Miller made headlines after he decided to walk away from “Growing Up Hip Hop.” His decision came after he had a messy falling out with Angela Simmons. He told Vanessa Simmons that he didn’t like how Angela didn’t respond to his Bible study notes. He also had some complaints about her dating choices. Plus, her Instagram posts were troubling to him as well.

When Angela attempted to talk to Romeo about this at his going away party, he wasn’t interested. And they were never able to have a conversation before Romeo walked away from the show.

In interviews, Romeo would later say that a lot of things shown on the show are fake. And he was never close to Angela. He also said that the love triangle with Angela and Bow Wow was also faked for the show.

Opinions are still plentiful about Romeo.

Master P also spoke out. And he said GUHH was turning into “Love And Hip Hop.” So leaving was the best choice for the Millers.

Since leaving the show, Romeo has been staying very busy. Recently, the No Limit Records documentary he produced aired on BET. While promoting it on social media, Romeo also posted a first listen of some of his new music. Well, one of his followers wasn’t feeling this. They took issue with the lyrics. After they called Romeo out, he responded.

1. Meg

July 30, 2020 at 11:45 am

This is what Christians rap about now?

• Love

July 30, 2020 at 7:10 pm

My thoughts exactly!

• Eric

August 6, 2020 at 11:08 am

Ok!!!!!!

• Blendia Ellington

August 10, 2020 at 1:34 pm

First I must say Romeo gave his word on live TV that he would be there for Angela. Your word is your bond. But you didn’t follow through. Second you can’t GIVE people the word of GOD than get an attitude. Bitter sweet don’t mix. Now Master P. You was out of place your son is a Grown man you should have let him speak for hisself. You made him look weak. But I still like watching you guys on TV. Stop smoking and drinking so much. GOD don’t like ugly. And tell Damon Dash stop smoking weed around his pageant wife. Second hand smoke not healthy for the baby.

2. Arkansas Girl

July 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm

I really like Romeo. He’s passionate, doesn’t mind hard work, and he came from realness. And he looks good doing his thing. How can you hate on that? The best thing about him that I like is that he doesn’t bow down to the Simmons crew. Good for him!

• Shannon

July 30, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Romeo and Master P literally spent an entire season trying to get everyone to bow down to them. Meanwhile, the Simmons mind their business and Romeo and P can’t keep them out of their mouths. I’m glad he and his daddy are off the show now. I can’t take the pretentiousness anymore. This rap song also shows how much of a hypocrite Romeo is too.

• Arkansas Girl

July 30, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Shannon, you are hilarious! I am exactly on the opposite side of your views! Are we watching/listening to the same show? Seriously tho. You know it takes a hypocrite to truly recognize another hypocrite. So don’t go there. Maybe he is like the rest of us: tired, run down, trying to make it every day, and trying to be the best he can be. Maybe his present self is the best he can be. Don’t judge lest you be judge. Take a chill pill already!!

• Shannon

July 30, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Your manipulative nature and word vomit does nothing over here. Neither does your gaslighting. As always, people like you have so many excuses for Romeo while y’all spent years judging and putting down Angela. I’m observant and honest. He’s a hypocrite shaming Angela for not being Christian enough when he’s making music like this. Cartwheel your way out of logic if you want to, I really don’t care. This song is gross and problematic. He literally started all the drama last season speaking on Angela’s life like he’s any better. The audacity and misogyny.

• Nicole Johnson

July 31, 2020 at 11:36 am

He was acting childish and also like they were beneath him and master p a grown man all in they business its not his business until someone wants to fight then protect your son

• Jah Messiah

July 31, 2020 at 11:44 am

Shannon off the words don’t make you an intellectual sistold you to judge not and you shall not be judged basically and you went on a hole and motional rent because she put you in your place as the fool you are for commenting negatively on a man you don’t know besides what they show you on TV it’s people like you who make the world of politically and socially correct fools go around smh much love and respect the The sis who put you in your place about judgement cause that sh-t was real and to the point!!!

• Shannon

July 31, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Jah Messiah, I never said I was an intellectual. But you for sure aren’t with that illiterate mess you just typed in response to me. Let’s be clear though, no one can put me in my place because I am a free Black woman. My ancestors did all the work so I could be here today doing and thinking as I please. You will never silence me. Now your segment of the population tends to think men should have control over women, and that is exactly why you come on here and take up for Romeo. You identify with men like him who like to control and put down black women, as he did Angela. How ironic of you to tell me not to judge when Romeo spent the entire season judging everyone else, especially Angela. I didn’t rant, as my comments are logical, forthcoming, and lacking any anger. You’re just triggered by them as most Romeo fans are. None of you have any power over me to upset me. Like I already said, Romeo is a hypocrite. He spent the entire season preaching, texting Bible quotes, and talking about being a Christian just to turn around and glorify violence and promiscuity in his music. He’s a fraud. You can’t really argue against my points because they’re true, so you’re trying to get a rise out of me and praising the comments of a supposed 12-year-old white girl who thinks Growing Up Hip Hop is “Black TV.” How embarrassing. But I expect nothing less from people like you.

• Shannon

July 31, 2020 at 12:14 pm

He sure was Nicole Johnson. They were very pretentious and really believed the rest of the cast needed to fear and worship them. Their fans agree, so they come on here and have meltdowns when they see any criticism of them. But that’s not my problem.

• Willie D

August 1, 2020 at 1:54 pm

You sound like a hater CuZ, Cause this young man doing his thing f-Ck them Simmons.Level up stop hating on that young man he living doing his thing bet if he Came right now and offer to pay your bills your mind set will Change people Call out the wrong sh-t instead of a he doing Good but naw they want flaw’s be real and it will be reCognized.

• Shannon

August 1, 2020 at 2:18 pm

Willie D, you called me a hater as you proceeded to hate on the Simmons family. The irony. The only person who needs to level up is Romeo since he’s making music that goes against Christianity, the religion he blamed all his actions on during his last season on the show. Real is something he is not. If you’re proud to be a fan of a pretentious and fraudulent hypocrite, that’s your choice. I have higher standards. Lastly, I don’t need Romeo to pay my bills. Maybe you need a handout but I don’t. Some of you can be bought though, I get it. That’s usually how brainwashing, living vicariously through strangers, and idolatry works.

• Robert

August 9, 2020 at 7:13 pm

💯 Shannon

• Lil

July 30, 2020 at 10:21 pm

Shannon u so far off base, too funny. Your opinion tho, smh. Romeo has never portrayed to be a gangsta. Music is art, stop it..

• Shannon

July 30, 2020 at 10:27 pm

The only person off base is you. You couldn’t even figure out how to reply to the right person on here even though the reply buttons aren’t hard to locate. Never said Romeo portrayed himself to be gangsta. Reading comprehension is clearly not your ministry. The song is awful period. And it’s definitely not Christian either.

• Elizabeth

July 30, 2020 at 10:35 pm

This is not art. Stop it.

• Yoshi

July 30, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Thank you Shannon. The Simmons weren’t the ones looking down on people and trashing everyone else on the show, that was the Millers! Now he has some nerve talking about being judged when all he did was judge Angela and the other kids on the show! This song is not Christian either! Hypocrite!

• Shannon

July 30, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Exactly. This song is yet another example of the fraudulent hypocrite he is.

• April

August 5, 2020 at 4:09 am

Shannon I so enjoy reading all of your comments and opinions these people can’t handle you 😂

• Thomas

August 1, 2020 at 8:31 am

So does he not have a right to voice his opinion as tho everyone seems to be doing here?… I think we get so caught up in what we think people should say,do,act or even be but are we self reflecting or just reflecting what we perceive to be right! I’ve learned that you can’t know a person by what you see sometimes out here in this world because thing’s can easily be misconstrued by TV

• Elizabeth

August 1, 2020 at 9:16 am

I feel like some of you are being willfully obtuse here. Romeo was on the show judging people on that cast harshly. He even taunted Boogie about his family issues like he didn’t have some of his own with his mother. And the things he and Master P said about Angela were disgusting. His excuse for what he said and did to the others was he’s a Christian and people need to basically get on his level. So for him to come from that perspective and then make music like this which goes completely against the teachings of Christianity makes him a hypocrite. No one on here has to sympathize with a hypocrite.

• Yolonda Davis

July 30, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Exactly!

• Virginia Harris

July 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm

True that.

• Linda Johnson

July 30, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Exactly

• Kimberly 78

July 30, 2020 at 8:53 pm

You got that right! The show will 100% Better

• Lil

July 30, 2020 at 10:24 pm

And nobody’s perfect, no matter if you have changed your life. Angela and the show full of crap, one show she was in Rome face, next show she in bow wow face, seen this coming years ago, Romeo was real of enough to see the foolery, dey always wanted to pin bow and Rome against each other. They wasn’t falling for it. But u have a right to your opinion

• Shannon

July 30, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Oh please. There’s nothing real about Romeo. He sat up on the show and judged everybody and went on and on about being a Christian just to turn around and rap about hanging with killers and being promiscuous. He’s a fraud. I’m glad he’s off the show.

• Lil

August 1, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Lololol u really mad.its ok sister. Reality shows create monsters, glad Miller’s could see that. BACK ON😁😁

• Shannon

August 1, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Lil, I assure you that you’ll never be important enough to me to make me angry, neither will Romeo. Hopefully, one day you’ll understand that people choosing not to worship your idols isn’t anger, just common sense.

• Barbie

July 31, 2020 at 3:53 pm

I never liked him growing up meaning the music but really the Simmons made Romeo relevant and having his family entourage and daddy with him… He’s nothing like his dad he just a rich kid with no game on Gawd and his music was great before I rather listen to bow wow at least his real and straight up Romeo repeated his dad words never had any valid input and disrespected one of the Princess of Hip hop that he started acting like he wanted her he not even a good guy he a lil creepy lil boy

• Jaki

July 31, 2020 at 12:21 am

It’s easy to mind your business on camera when your literally the producer… wake up and pay attention, theres been several instances where they deflect, omit or down right refuse to address things about themselves yet, they expect others to share or expose themselves for ratings. That not cool. For example : why’s Vanessa’s significant other never on? Why wasnt Angela required to confront/address her issues with Bre? What was the outcome of JoJo’s issues concerning additional children? It’s not cool

• Shannon

July 31, 2020 at 12:28 am

Romeo and Master P were executive producers. Go somewhere with the victim narrative.

• Anonymous

July 31, 2020 at 9:09 am

I guess you don’t know that Romeo and Master P were producers just like Angela was. And other cast members have things they purposely refused to put on the show. Briana refuses to film with her son or mention him. Sam refused to put his kids on the show or his baby momma. Vanessa keeps her boyfriend off the show. Tee Tee is not going to show her real career in the TV industry. Romeo refused to put his mom on the show after her battle with drugs. Honestly, Romeo has chosen to not show the majority of his private life since the show’s first season. This is why he agreed to the fake storyline with Angela since season one. He didn’t have an issue until Bow Wow came on the show.

• Barbie

July 31, 2020 at 7:14 am

I agree after the show I really don’t appreciate Romeo as a man. Master P I will always respect but he was way too involved in the show and they are the jumping type of family. Lost hope but I hope they keep there financial gain stop being petty and be 100 at all times

• Yolonda Davis

July 30, 2020 at 6:06 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Lachea

July 31, 2020 at 5:01 pm

I Reall

3. Nicole

July 30, 2020 at 12:54 pm

So he raps about hanging with thugs and being promiscuous but had so much to say about Angela. Seems about right.

• Arkansas Girl

July 30, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Nicole, your facetiousness was not lost on me and I’m only 12. Give Dude a break, will ya? Y’all grownups are something else! Y’all like to check a Brother hard. All the while y’all checking a Bro, y’all be sitting in your own life mess thinking no one is watching. My older sister is like that. She posts comments that she knows are out of order and then she uses my name! Y’all need to leave The Rome alone. He’s one of the good guys. Anybody else with me?

• Anonymous

July 30, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Romeo and his father made a fortune selling this ghetto and misogynistic culture to black people as violence in the black community worsens. No one has to respect him on here. That’s life. Get over it. This song is trash. And black men need to stop being coddled. The fact that you’ve already been programmed at 12 to be a pick me is pathetic.

• Nicole

July 30, 2020 at 3:28 pm

So you want me to have more empathy, compassion, and understanding than Romeo had for anyone else on the show last season, especially Angela? Eh, I’ll pass. And I sincerely doubt you’re 12 years old. Most parents wouldn’t allow their 12 year olds to watch reality shows and read blogs about adult content. So work on your trolling.

• Tracey

July 30, 2020 at 10:22 pm

UB, can you ban the troll in here who keeps personally insulting people on this post? It’s getting ridiculous.

• My 2 Cents

July 30, 2020 at 10:12 pm

Of course. He really had people dragging Angela too and the whole time he was a fake Christian. A mess.

• Jaki

July 31, 2020 at 12:27 am

Petty, hanging with family “thugs” 🙄 is really different than intentionally seeking attention by way of half naked pics. She’s someone’s mother. All Rome said was, it’s unnecessary, basically that she’s better than that…

• Nicole

July 31, 2020 at 12:37 am

What are you not understanding? It’s Romeo who described his own family members as thugs and killers. You only think a female’s body is more problematic than Romeo and Master P coming to set and having family members threaten cast members on set because you’re misogynistic. The Millers profiting from street culture and violence means they aren’t in a position to criticize anyone. They are hypocrites. And Romeo looks stupid making music like this when he shamed everyone else and acted like he’s some perfect Christian.

• Anonymous

July 31, 2020 at 9:01 am

It’s crazy how you people never hold men to the same standards as women. This is one of the biggest issues in the black community. We can’t move forward because y’all continue to make excuses for black men but remain critical of everything black women do. Angela’s pictures are not worse than Romeo putting out music that glorifies homicide and a lifestyle that puts many black men in prisons and graves. He’s rapping about hanging with killers like his uncle isn’t in prison for murder and his other uncle wasn’t a victim of homicide years ago. That’s way more toxic than any Instagram picture Angela has posted. He should be better than the music he’s putting out. At least that’s what he wanted us to believe while he was on the show, right?

4. Arkansas Girl

July 30, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Hey Shannon. Wow, you took it to a whole different level! Not necessary! Sounds like you have some serious things going in your camp. Don’t go for the jugular! Calm down. I’m just here to share my views, have fun, read what other people think about the subject, and stay woke. You just checked a kid, told her off good…congratulations! Peace out!!

• Anonymous

July 31, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Right..

• 100

July 31, 2020 at 10:14 pm

No, she’s not right. Stop gaslighting black women for speaking the truth and holding black men accountable for their problematic behavior.

• 100

July 31, 2020 at 10:13 pm

Shannon didn’t even go for the jugular. You’re just too sensitive and can’t dispute anything she said. It’s annoying how y’all get on here and pull the angry black woman card because some of us can see right through the problematic black men y’all feel the need to defend at all costs.

5. Realness

July 30, 2020 at 5:06 pm

I don’t like these lyrics. I hate that black men feel like this is the type of music they have to make if they want to rap.

• Fredericka

July 30, 2020 at 5:50 pm

I do not reel that every rapper is rapping from a personal lifetime experience but sometimes things they see from a family aspect or associates. Just like almost every family has at least one related gay member maybe a distant relative, you also have a thug, a promiscuous, womanizer, a professional and a college graduate. You pull from your whole collage, write a put it to music, I once heard an interview from too short where people asked him about his subject matter and he simply responded. I tried the positivity thing and no one gave me a record deal or wanted to hear that so I reinvented and wrote what the masses wanted to buy and hear at that time.

• Donna Smith

July 30, 2020 at 5:55 pm

It’s not even just the music Realness. A lot of them feel like this is the way they have to be in real life or they are “lame.” I remember growing up in the suburbs and watching some of the guys I grew up with choosing a life of crime just because they wanted to be like the rappers they looked up to. It’s sad. If Master P rapped to get out of the ghetto, why is Romeo rapping such filth now as a wealthy young man? He doesn’t have to. He can actually make positive music that matches the positive things he talks about in his interviews. This song is beneath him. We need to stop glamorizing this hood culture. It has a negative impact on our community.

6. Honey

July 30, 2020 at 5:51 pm

I just don’t understand this rap culture. It’s so toxic.

• Elizabeth

July 30, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Very. I cringe at most of it. Romeo really could have kept this to himself.

7. Tiffani Young

July 30, 2020 at 7:36 pm

You can’t ‘change’ people. If you have never been around these people enough to know who they really are, this is what you are going to see.

8. Kimberly 78

July 30, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Romeo Miller just got his a** tied in a knot because he seen that Angela Simmons did not want him! Him saying they were never that close is plum stupid! They created GUHH together, you don’t create stuff with people you ain’t close to! I like bow wow better anyway! And little Romeo didn’t get his way so him had to call his daddy to come fix it in all his daddy could do was cuss out a producer and quit the show! Oh that’s real gangster! And don’t holler you a Christian and then sing lyrics like on back on! SMDH

9. Arkansas Girl

July 30, 2020 at 9:40 pm

I really am 12. I’m doing College work already at my age. This is 2020. Kids today do way more than you did at our age back in the Jurassic period. I have a great Mom and Dad who let me watch, look, listen, and learn from all types of TV programming. They don’t stifle. We support black TV period! How you feel trying to take down a kid for having original thoughts? You’re the biggest troll to even take it there! Next you’ll be shaming me for being Caucasian. I already signed off once. So dueces AGAIN!

• 100

July 31, 2020 at 10:15 pm

This explains so much. You really shouldn’t be allowed to write comments on here.

10. Babygirl

July 30, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Awful song and not very “Christian” like. But I already knew Romeo was a hypocrite.

11. Joy

July 31, 2020 at 6:39 am

Romeo is so fake and so is his father Master P. The lyrics are ghetto but he is a Christian please go to ICDC College for a degree. You and your Pop are “Jive”.Bye.

12. Thomas

August 1, 2020 at 8:46 am

Wow are you people really going to disrespect the fact that this Man (master p.) started a movement that has led to more BLACK Men and Women becoming or thinking about being independent in a industry that we did the work for but wasn’t owning anything! RESPECT THAT if nothing else and understand we all make mistakes. Ask yourself have I ever did anything wrong that if I was on TV I would be crucified??

• Elizabeth

August 1, 2020 at 9:20 am

Again, you want people on here to show more compassion and understanding than Master P and Romeo showed anyone else on the cast. They don’t get a pass because of their achievements in the music industry. Especially when other families on the show had legacies too that weren’t respected by the Millers. Truth be told, you really don’t want to have a conversation about the problematic culture No Limit promoted and profited from. This is why the Millers aren’t really in the right position to judge other people like they do.

13. Willie D

August 1, 2020 at 2:06 pm

I was told broke and sad people alway’s sit around and find something to talk about,I’m proud of Romeo Miller and Master P im a big No Limit fan,You’ll so quiCk to Call real sh-t when it’s to motivate you to do something and to have your own but look over what’s fake, Romeo I’m PROUD OF YOU LIL HOMIE KEEP PUSHING KEEP GOD FIRST KEEP PUSHING HOMIE NO LIMIT 4 LIFE TRU

• Pat

August 1, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Funny because the Millers are supposedly so wealthy but they spent their last season on GUHH talking about everyone else. So that throws that dumb a-s theory out the window, doesn’t it?

• Anonymous

August 1, 2020 at 2:31 pm

This is why I believe stans have mental illness. You’re on here insulting people over strangers who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. You also look at rich people like mythical beings like they aren’t still regular humans like everyone else. Donald Trump is rich and still finds time to talk about people all day long on Twitter. Elon is a billionaire, and still finds time to sit on Twitter all the time. Rich people sit and gossip just like everyone else. Master P and Romeo did some gossiping themselves on the show as well. Rich people can also be sad like everyone else. Money doesn’t prevent sadness. So worry about your own money and emotional well being because the Millers don’t care about you. They just need you to keep their bank accounts full. You get nothing in return.

14. Trucker dude

August 2, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Let he who hasn’t done any of the above mentioned things, made ill comments or thought ill things about someone else cast the first stone.

• Anonymous

August 2, 2020 at 4:12 pm

If only Romeo had followed that scripture, right?

15. TJ

August 5, 2020 at 6:11 pm

Shannon…great observations…glad him and his entourage are off the show…Angela was not bothered 😉