Entertainment

RHOP Reunion Recap: Karen & Monique Demolish Gizelle + Andy is Left Speechless

rhop season 5 episode 20

Photo Credit: Bravo

On the latest episode of “Real Housewives of Potomac,” the women waste no time getting to the bottom of things. As we reported weeks ago, Gizelle was in the hot seat. However, it didn’t start out that way. In fact, Candiace and Ashley were the first two to have an explosive moment.

It all started after Andy asked Candiace how her single compared to Ashley’s. Candiace took a shot at Ashley’s vocals and said that unlike Ashley, she didn’t need to use autotune. At this point, Ashley tells Candiace that while she loves to call other people trash, she needs to take a look in the mirror. She says that Candiace’s tweets are awful, so she can’t really look down on anyone else.

This then turns into an opportunity for Candiace to drag Michael.

Once these two cool off, Wendy is discussed. She reflects on her time as a newbie. And this leads to her issues with Karen and Ashley.

Colorism is also brought up as Wendy and Candiace feel like it could be why they have been accused of being aggressive.

However, the biggest moment of the night is Gizelle’s reaction to what Monique has to say about Jamal. Turns out Monique had a binder full of things to address, and Gizelle was left speechless, while her supporters Candiace and Robyn were infuriated for her.

Here’s a recap for, “Reunion Part 1.”

1. Tasia

December 13, 2020 at 11:21 pm

This was epic. One of the best reunions of all time. Karen and Monique did what needed to be done. Bravo to these ladies for the entertainment after that boring a-s episode of RHOA. RHOP remains supreme. The whole cast brings it. As for Gizelle, she’s still my girl. But at some point karma was going to be on her doorstep. Robyn and Candiace couldn’t save her. Bless their hearts.

December 13, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Andy isn’t the only one speechless. I still can’t even think of the words to…I…wow.

3. Zodiac

December 13, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Monique said aight, since she’s been the villain the whole season, she may as well bring some ether in a binder. I understand. Sometimes you try to rise above but when you get tired, you’ll meet a motherf-cker right where they’re at. Never sleep on a Libra. When they get mad enough, you’ll wish you never crossed them.

• Troy

December 14, 2020 at 3:49 pm

YAAAASSS!! I’m a Libra & you aint spittin nothin but facts! Gazelle kept comin for Monique all season & Mo gave that energy right back to her. Dont f**k wit a Libra…the scales will NOT tip in your favor!

• Kiva

December 14, 2020 at 8:21 pm

I’m also a LIBRA…Believe it or not…Libras don’t wait for KARMA, we are KARMA…We sit and wait for the RIGHT moment, then we STRIKE!!!

4. Ms. Jackson

December 13, 2020 at 11:33 pm

I told y’all Monique doesn’t give a f-ck anymore. She knows the double standards will never go away so she’s just going to return the bullsh-t she’s been getting since she came on the show. Do I feel bad for Gizelle? F-ck no.

5. Ms TeTe

December 13, 2020 at 11:52 pm

When I tell you my mouth has not closed yet. 😂😂😂 Monique came with a BINDER of receipts baybee! 🤣🤣🤣 And the distraught look on Gizelle’s face…my God. 😩 I thought Monique was gonna save the “shut down these h-es” moment for the Part 2! But nope! 🙅🏾‍♀️ Mannnnn! 😂😂😂😂😂

6. Troll

December 13, 2020 at 11:58 pm

This was glorious.

7. Troy

December 14, 2020 at 12:09 am

OMG Monique read that green eyed bandit for absolute FILTH. You know you are droppin truth bombs when you leave a b*tch speechless & thats EXACTLY what Monique did to Gizelle. Mo needs to keep that exact same energy for Candya-s sitting across from here.

• Renee

December 14, 2020 at 12:24 am

I wanted to help Gizzey pick her face up off the floor. Bravo Monique and Karen!!!!

• deb dyson

December 14, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Gizzards face was shattered into a zillion pieces, there was nothing to pick up.. LMAO She’s gonna need a new one. LMAO

• E.B

December 14, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Monique came with ALL the heat & I’m so here for it. Gizelle face when she called out Jamal number priceless. Monique snatching wigs, edges & pearls on this reunion. I guess Candiace needs another dragging. I hope she got a file on stupid sad Robyn too.

• Troy

December 14, 2020 at 3:56 pm

You KNOW she does! Monique came with ether in a Trapper Keeper! Im so WEAK!!

8. saywhatnow

December 14, 2020 at 12:58 am

Can we discuss the colorism discussion? I was honestly trying to follow what Wendy was telling Ashely about the word “aggressive” to describe Candya$$ and Wendy. I walked away from that segment thinking that Wendy is on that respectability politics train again.

• Melody

December 14, 2020 at 11:41 am

The colorism mess was straight up bs. Especially when they don’t care about the degrading, racist, and anti-black things Candiace has said about Monique and Ashley. Wendy, Gizelle, Robyn, and Candiace love to play victim and they are such hypocrites.

• Scorpio13

December 15, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Preach Melody. Wendy was so off base with the colorism comment. When Andy called her out and said what should be said instead of “aggressive” she than tells him there are plenty of words and to look it up. Sorry if someone is being “aggressive” than that’s the right word to use. I’m not going to use the word “dramatic”.

• Trina

December 14, 2020 at 12:59 pm

She was.

9. Hershey

December 14, 2020 at 7:49 am

We did it Joe!

10. Sad, so sad

December 14, 2020 at 7:58 am

This was straight up filth, worse than “love and hip hop,” where violence and stupidity are celebrated. Not watching this anymore as Black women tear each other. Every show on Bravo has folks of color tearing each other down. No, thanks! And all for a check? Absolutely sad, just sad! Oh, and violence should never be tolerated. Monique should have been fired immediately. We are not savages, contrary to what’s depicted!

• Pat

December 14, 2020 at 8:22 am

Bullsh-t. You’re way too fragile to get through your adult life and it shows. Toughen up, butter cup. Real Housewives is trash television. No one with common sense watches it for morals and good character. The whole premise of the show is women degrading each other for our entertainment. You knew that a long time ago. You’re just mad your favorites took an L this season. If you were so against violence, you would have called for Candiace’s firing last year. Since you fake care about Black women representation, why weren’t you outraged about a black woman throwing a knife on television? Girl sit down. I can’t stand you respectability politics peddling hypocrites. The truth is y’all are just anti-black and always looking for white approval. Racism is suggesting these black women represent all black women. They represent themselves only. You’re the problem.

• Scorpio13

December 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm

YESSS Pat!! Speak the truth. Someone needs to stop clutching their pearls. It sounds like someone can only handle cartoons.

• DeniseP

December 21, 2020 at 3:24 am

Lmaooooo…not ‘ “only handle cartoons” ‘ !!?? Did u call it! Or did u call it!!!??

• Tequila Girl

December 15, 2020 at 11:54 pm

Bye Girl (Sad, so sad)!

11. Ms. C

December 14, 2020 at 10:44 am

Unfortunately Gizelle brought this beating on herself. Her actions this season have been deplorable and made her look desperate, thirsty an attention seeking. Not a good look for a woman and a mother of three girls. One of our sorors should have pulled her aside and told her to stop. You and Dr. Bryant relationship should be based on parenting your daughters demonstrating best practices in this matter…thats a true story line that could be respected. If your business took a hit that’s understandable due to covid. We saw you build it show us your plans to do it again. Instead you took the sleazy way out for ratings or more money? We step up soror G not down. Take the break and get yourself together. Being the talk on the street was not a good look on you this season. It was embarrassing. You came for Monique and Karen and you got your own version of h-ll week. Oops upside the head.

12. Yess

December 14, 2020 at 11:12 am

It took 5 seasons for Gizelle to finally be put in her place!! Monique delivered!!!

• DeniseP

December 21, 2020 at 3:27 am

FINALLY And HOW!! Lol!

13. ClutchingPearls

December 14, 2020 at 11:33 am

Monique got me clutching my pearls…. Babbbbby!!! LOL

14. Euladria

December 14, 2020 at 11:50 am

15. MJ

December 14, 2020 at 12:06 pm

There is colorism on the Show. No one called out Robyn for her aggressive & rude behavior from past seasons, yet everyone automatically calls out Wendy for being aggressive. Let’s not forget about how Ashley was before she had Dean. The fact that everyone is dismissing the allegations proves Wendy’s point.

• Candace

December 14, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Wendy was behaving aggressively hence being called aggressive. Now she is acting passive aggressive. This was not colorism… this was a reach

• Scorpio13

December 15, 2020 at 11:56 pm

Preach Candace!

16. Trina

December 14, 2020 at 12:56 pm

Giselle speechless was worth listening to Wendy. It’s not fun when the rabbit has the gun! Robin couldn’t even help Giselle.

17. Diva

December 14, 2020 at 1:15 pm

This reunion has really made me like Monique again. She came prepared and she shut Gizelle down with facts. Not hearsay and lies like Gizelle likes to use on others but actual facts. Gizelle deserved this because she’s been coming at other people’s relationships for years now. Anyway, I know we have two more parts left, so we’ll see if I remain on board the Monique train. I found her to be annoying in the past, Karen as well.

18. V

December 14, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Sorry but you can’t cry colorism when you’ve made anti-black and elitism comments on a regular basis. Wendy and Candiace need to have a seat. Both have been mean girls all season long. Boo hoo.

• ShoNuf

December 21, 2020 at 3:30 am

Exactly!!

19. Vanessa

December 14, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Colorism?! If Ashley called Candiace any of the slurs she’s called Ashley, people would be boycotting to have her kicked off the show. But Candiace gets a pass though right?

20. Msamc3

December 15, 2020 at 5:45 am

Gizelle put’s her two cent in everybody else’s relationship but her’s is off limit’s so she thought. Big Boy’s wife pulled out her therapeutic journal (you know the one she has been keeping since some of the ladies did not want to film with her) that’s like putting little Timmy in the room by himself it can turn out all bad. Back to Gizelle and her read for the evening. Gizelle was speechless for the first time I can remember. We have 2 more reunion shows for Monique to look in her therapeutic journal and talk to poor desperate I do not have a mind of my own Robyn. Poor Robyn really amped her I do what Gizelle wants me too and I am going to beg harder to get my ex to propose to me this season. Job well done girl. Then on to the shows Candiace. For someone that is so traumatized and can not process 😭😭 what has happened to her 😭😭 she sure does keep running that mouth. She was sitting on that stage talking all Cookie Lyons bad trying to hold it down for Gizelle when Monique was reading her a**. Now we get the pleasure of seeing her breakdown once again and dab the corner of them eye’s turn into “I did not deserve this Candiace” and have to leave the stage because she needs a break. I wonder what she will do when someone in her husband’s family decides to disrespect her because if it hasn’t happened yet it will. She is just a child trying to hang with grown-ups. What is old saying Go sit down and stay out of grown folks business 😀😀😀 There really isn’t much to say about Wendy. I think she was sitting there thinking of topics to argue about. Let’s see okay they are jealous of my four degrees huh No okay nobody is jealous okay. Ashley when Myself Dr. Wendy to you and Candiace are in your face yelling at you and when you say it’s aggressive behavior I get called out on social media for being an angry black woman. You were being aggressive and yelling at me, okay yes I was but can you use a different word to describe my I want to beat your a** get in your face attitude. You know how you redirect your children. Okay Dr. Wendy I can do that okay. I pretty much think that sums up her contribution.

21. Ida

December 15, 2020 at 10:59 am

I believe the colorism question was asking the women if the viewers call Wendy and Candiace aggressive due to colorism. And I have to say, I sometimes think there is a colorism issue with the viewers. Look how quickly that have bashed Monique, Wendy, and Candiace for the same things that Robyn, Ashley, and Gizelle have done.

22. Scorpio13

December 16, 2020 at 12:10 am

Karen and Monique were playing a one sided game of Vollyball. Karen lined the ball and Monique spiked that ball over the net right at Giz. Giz got what she deserved, karma is a b^tch. I can’t wait for Mo and Chris to get in Candiace’s a$$.

23. Troy

December 18, 2020 at 3:13 am

Candiace looks like an Xmas present i never wanna open