Gossip

More Tea Comes Out About Monique Samuels, Gizelle Bryant & NeNe Leakes

Photo Credit: Bravo/YouTube

Gizelle Bryant has been vocal about her denouncement of Monique Samuels.

There have been plenty of discussions about the latest season of “Real Housewives of Potomac.” This isn’t surprising since Candiace Dillard and Monique Samuels had an altercation while filming. To no surprise, a lot happened as a result of the fight. Gizelle Bryant has been vocal about her support of Candiace. She’s also been very transparent about her condemnation of Monique. In fact, she said she no longer wanted to be around Monique. She has an image to protect, and she also wanted to protect Jamal Bryant’s image as well.

Well, Monique had some things to say at the reunion. She pulled out her binder and some copies of text message conversations Jamal had with another woman. As she read off the messages, she then said that Gizelle faked her reconciliation with Jamal for a storyline.

The rumors continue.

Before the reunion even aired, Gizelle said that it was a tough one for her. And she felt as if she was the main target. However, it didn’t really appear to play out that way on television. In fact, Gizelle appeared to only be in the hot seat during part one. It seemed as if Monique and Chris Samuels were the ones who were in the hot seats.

Interestingly enough, the reunion is reportedly the main reason why Monique decided not to sign a contract to return for the upcoming season. And the latest gossip surrounding “Real Housewives of Potomac” and “Real Housewives of Atlanta” is…interesting.

1. Natalie

January 2, 2021 at 7:31 am

I’m not going to continue to support the RH franchise nor Bravo. Too much mess going on behind the scenes for me and the White man continues to rob and pillage Black folks for their creations.

• Miss Morgan

January 2, 2021 at 8:25 am

I feel you.

• Kimmie

January 2, 2021 at 8:26 am

Well said! It is well past time for us to work together and create our own. Currently, even in black circles within the creation and production world our numbers are limited, and we are not as welcoming as we should be to one another to expand. That crab in a barrel mentality continues to limit us from achieving at greater levels. We continue to allow white people to define our spaces and only let a handful in. I have tried to watch Bravo shows, but cannot stomach how they work to make us look as ignorant, vile, superficial, and petty as possible. But then, it is hard for them to relate to us past their biases. A part of their control is to project us in the way they desire us to be. Andy Cohen is clearly racist! I have not benefit of the doubt to give him! Therefore, I have no intentions of supporting anything that he, or Bravo, is involved in! I’ll check into blogs like this from time to time if I desire insight or to give input. But refuse to give my precious time to actually watching anything anymore from them.

• Big momma

January 2, 2021 at 12:57 pm

I totally 💯 agree with you, and I refuse to watch “ANY” more Bravo shows, n their fakery,racist,mis representation of women of color! Especially Gizelle&Kenya are not my favorites

• Yolanda

January 2, 2021 at 1:07 pm

@Natalie: I totally agree with you! Annnd using- as Monique put it sooooo gracefully- “that little check”!to ⚒️ rob and pillage us.

When I first became aware of RHOA and saw the lifestyles of these housewives I was ecstatic!! “😲 WoW! We get to see a positive image of our people for a change!” Little did I know it was all a smoke screen! I felt betrayed! I should have known better but I trusted. I trusted!
      Never again!

• Sephora59

January 2, 2021 at 8:03 pm

I totally concur with the writer’s comments. I will NOT watch another Bravo RH show
        I’m done.

2. Vivian

January 2, 2021 at 7:42 am

Whew. This was interesting. I first want to say that I don’t understand why Bravo keeps putting women who aren’t actually wealthy and wives at the front of a show called “Real Housewives.” Gizelle isn’t married, doesn’t live in Potomac or have any connections there, so why is she a favorite of the producers and network? Because she’s messy and a sorority mean girl? RHOP casting never made sense to me. They built the whole franchise around Gizelle. That’s the first mistake. I agree that the pageant, sorority mean girl character is no longer entertaining. Maybe the whole franchise needs a cast revamp and refresh that is closer to the theme of the show. As it stands, only Karen and Ashley fit the theme on RHOP. And RHOA is much worse.

As far as Nene is concerned, I hate that she helped Bravo so much. This is why black ownership is so important. Don’t give so much to an organization you have no stake in.

• Kimmie

January 2, 2021 at 8:33 am

I feel you! However, there have been a lot of white women over the years on these shows that financially are not who or what they project themselves to be. It’s their formula. And for some, they play or played into it because its the biggest paycheck they can get right now. Unfortunately, to continue get the check they must sell themselves out. Nene fell victim to believing that she was indispensable. She did everything, sometimes to the extreme, she was loyal to them, they just weren’t loyal to her. She outgrew her place in their mind; racist bosses don’t like black women who no longer understand their place, and will find a way to eventually get rid of us. Her arrogance go the better of her intelligence!

• Mary Taite

January 2, 2021 at 8:53 am

Vivian, you are a woman after my own heart. I live in Washington DC and I’ve been saying this since season 3. I don’t live in Potomac MD, I live in PG county md but I have many business associates and friends. And after the hundredth time many of them said that they hate the show and it’s not real I stopped watching. The only person who truly has money is Monique and Chris. The only person who lives in Potomac MD is Monique and Chris. According to a friend of mine who lives in Potomac she said that even Lynda Carter (Wonder Women) said she didn’t like the show. Nobody knows who Candice is here, because she isn’t in any of the top 5. In Washington DC there are 5 areas to make a name for yourself, politics, business,activism, charity, or sports nobody is checking for a pageant queen here. As you said none of them live in Potomac MD. Candice just bought a home via her mama not far from me in Upper Marlboro in PG county. She paid a straight million dollars for the house and she overpaid. No house in this area has gone for a million in a few years and in the middle of the pandemic money ain’t that plentiful. I’m boycotting RHOP. I would like to see a show about businesswomen in Washington DC because this area has one of the fastest growing black women entrepreneurs right now.

January 2, 2021 at 7:51 am

That NeNe bit about WWHL sounds a lot like how they did Yandy Smith. She came up with the whole concept of Love & Hip Hop but never got any credit for it. You can tell that bothers her in her Breakfast Club interview.

4. Izzy

January 2, 2021 at 7:54 am

Producers shouldn’t have favorites because when they do, it always hurts the show. No one should be protected. It’s a reality show. Tell the real story or end the series.

5. Jasmine

January 2, 2021 at 8:01 am

Andy shouldn’t host reunions if he’s going to be biased. Producers shouldn’t have any favorites. And the housewives formula of someone being ganged up on every season isn’t entertaining. Bravo needs to get it together or ratings will keep dropping.

6. Ms. Jackson

January 2, 2021 at 8:07 am

I find it annoying that everyone feels the need to kiss Gizelle’s a-s to stay on the show except Karen. Gizelle causes most of the problems but the other women don’t call her out except Karen. It’s annoying as f-ck. This last season was some straight up bullsh-t and turned me off. They did NeNe dirty. Mariah too.

7. Shannon

January 2, 2021 at 8:16 am

As I said before, Andy’s comments towards Monique and Robyn bothered me. When he found it hard to believe that a black man could be a successful investor, that angered me. There are many black athletes who have done well in retirement. And asking Robyn if her hats were helping her afford her new home like Robyn doesn’t make six figures from the show and Juan doesn’t make six figures as a coach was completely disrespectful. Does Andy not believe it’s possible for the black men on these shows to not live off their wives’ money?

• Trina

January 3, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Robyn has a history of bad money management.

8. Gretta

January 2, 2021 at 8:30 am

I’ve always loved RHOP but the fight situation was definitely mishandled. It was dragged out and made such a big deal as if the white housewives haven’t been more violent. And I mean Porsha had three fights and it was never a huge fuss made. What should have happened is Gizelle and the others getting Monique and Candiace to talk things out so the show could move forward and send a great message on television. Instead, they dogged Monique out. They picked sides. They made anti-black comments. They advocated respectability politics. It didn’t sit well with me.

January 2, 2021 at 8:44 am

This gave me a lot to think about. It’s at the point where I don’t really want to support any of these shows anymore.

January 2, 2021 at 9:24 am

Throw the whole franchise away.

11. P

January 2, 2021 at 11:00 am

I’m definitely riding with Mariah, Nene, and now Monique.

• Mary Taite

January 2, 2021 at 12:59 pm

Meeee toooo! But if you look at all three, all are good without the show. All three have something, beyond the show and that’s the problem. You can’t take down a black woman who knows her worth.

• Alexis B

January 4, 2021 at 11:16 am

I’m with you P

12. Idele

January 2, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Its no way that the fakery, backstabbing of Bravo Housewifes would I watch again. Furthermore I would give Andy or Bravo any ideas on something fresh. Look what he did with Nene ideas😉

13. Scorpio13

January 2, 2021 at 2:06 pm

At first when Nene accused Andy and Bravo of being racist I didn’t pay any attention to it. Since she had stayed on the show for so long and didn’t say anything until she left. The way that the reunion was edited and how salty Andy was towards Monique, I now believe that they are. At the beginning I noticed that most of the RH franchises did not have any minorities on the shows. This is not going to go away, this is going to gain momentum.

14. Shay

January 2, 2021 at 2:16 pm

RHOP, GizHellous, CANDY BASSEST HOUND and CANDY Cohen,,,RIH-ll,,,,I’m finished wiith ya all! DUECES!!

15. Mary Taite

January 2, 2021 at 3:15 pm

After reading all of these comments, I’m glad I boycotted this last season of RHOP. After this comment I’m going full on boycotting mode because now I’m thinking back to Vanderpump rules and how they did Faith Stowers. It time ladies no more allowing them to make us look crazy anymore.

16. Trina

January 2, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Just recaps for me.

17. Honey

January 2, 2021 at 4:41 pm

They have ruined these black shows!

18. My 2 Cents

January 2, 2021 at 7:38 pm

Mess. The pressure is on Bravo to make sure RHOP doesn’t flop next season. They completely dropped the ball.

• HC

January 2, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Did anyone catch the classless act of Chris Bassett on the 3rd reunion episode? Going back a few seasons when Candace said that Chris’s p-nis was brown…ok during the reunion when Candace left the show because she was so upset and couldn’t take anymore…when she came back on stage and Giselle said she looked like she felt better,Candace said that she had something brown…then Chris came out stood in front of her with his zipper down.Goes to show what he thinks of her, and just think she called Ashley a bed w-nch. Who looks like a bed wench now Candace????

• Amc3

January 3, 2021 at 8:34 am

Who is the bed-w*nch now!!! That was disgusting and if Ashley and Michael did something like that Candiace and Gizelle would have plenty to say about it. Chris Bassett has the nerve to tell Ashley that Michael disrespects women. Well what do you think standing in front of Crying Candiace with your zipper down was??? I was total disrespect it was on national television for the world to see and Crying Candiace welcomed the disrespect from him. Gizelle thought it was funny too well she is a class act too. I guess that and the F words coming out of her mouth really tarnished her and Pastor Jamal Bryant’s image. O Lord What She Gonna Do Now????

• Tay

January 4, 2021 at 4:42 pm

They will lose ratings because of the treatment of Monique. If crying Candace is so traumatized, get her off the show and let her seek therapy! GIZ-EVIL needs to go!! Robyn has no storyline and the way production did the editing; WON’T BE WATCHING!!! Sndy was disgusting and it shows. Asking cast members about his bias knowing the ladies will protect their check is out of line. If they can’t hear what everyone is saying, RHOP WILL FAIL NEXT SEASON!

19. Anon

January 2, 2021 at 11:59 pm

I think it was best Monique left the show, she was always fighting with Gizelle, it is almost like Monique is obsessed with Gizelle, violently attacking Candiace which I believe she planned, and she seems to always be protected from her wrong doing, it’s about time Andy got on her a*s. Her big country husband Chris Samuels seems just as crazy and violent as she is, talking about stomping women and smacking them up, the man acted a fool, but no one is talking about that.

• Ciara

January 3, 2021 at 11:12 am

You’re right Monique made a right decision to leave. She chose family over a little check and that makes her the better woman. She didn’t have to fake a relationship to have a storyline unlike Gizelle cause she don’t need this show. You Candiace and Gizelle fans really think y’all won by Monique leaving but y’all really didn’t. With the exception of Karen and Ashley, you’re favorites along with Robyn and Wendy need this show and at the end of the day, they’re the fools not Monique. I praise Monique for leaving. It shows that she will always chose family over everything and family is forever, a reality show that shows the worse side of people, especially black women, is temporary. Monique is good. She’s with her family living life and working on her businesses. So she’s really winning. Also, Monique obsessed with Gizelle? Monique isn’t the one talking about Gizelle all day, Monique isn’t the one sitting at dinner planning a whole plot to destroy a family, Monique isn’t the one trying to find ways to get Gizelle off the show because she’s jealous and miserable. So who’s really obsessed?

• Anon

January 3, 2021 at 12:24 pm

Everybody’s talks about the little checks, well why did Monique go after the little check, she talks about everyone else and she is no different, you said she’s not a fool well she was a fool for 5 seasons, she has no room to talk, and as far as Monique not talking about Gizelle is a lie, she got in a fight with Candiace and blamed it on Gizelle, Gigi her so called best friend said she slept with the trainer, she blamed it on Gizelle, she even has her husband going after Gizelle, everything that happens with Monique she blames Gizelle, if that isn’t obsessed than please tell what is?

• Yolie

January 6, 2021 at 2:35 pm

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

20. Melody

January 3, 2021 at 6:17 am

Gizelle has been pressed by Monique since she found out sis had four homes, now five. Someone also posted a clip recently of Gizelle hating on Monique saying she wears contact lenses because I guess she found it hard to believe that a brown skin woman can have light eyes too. Mind you Monique was born with those eyes and they run in her family. For Gizelle to be the daughter of a civil rights activist, she is a complete embarrassment. She has no choice but to continue being a mean girl at 50 years old because she needs the little Bravo check and she didn’t have much money before RHOP. Don’t forget Katie confirmed Gizelle was so broke she had to rent a home the first few years. Outside of Potomac of course. You d-mn right Bravo protects Gizelle, she’s the most desperate and pathetic woman on the show. I’m sure she’ll do whatever the producers tell her to. She’ll do anything for money like fake getting back together with that fake pastor who publicly embarrassed her years ago. I’m glad Monique left the show. It’s just a reminder that real wealthy black women do have choices. She’d look pathetic retuning after that biased reunion. As for me, RHOP is no longer interesting. I’m ready for the Power Book Ghost recap.

• Anon

January 3, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Sounds like you’re Maaaaaad, why so much hate spewing? I’m glad Monique left too. Bravo protects Gizelle, because Monique is violent and all out of control and they know Mo has got it in for her along with Big country Chris Samuels, do you not see these sick out of control individuals, and what they are capable of?

• Veronica

January 3, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Same. Monique was able to do something a lot of people can’t do and that’s walk away from a toxic work environment. A lot of people are selling their souls for a Bravo check because they don’t have any other option. It’s nice to see a wealthy black woman leave because she doesn’t need the money. Gizelle is very jealous and has shown such since day one. It’s embarrassing to see. Monique came on the show and checked Gizelle and left the show checking Gizelle. Well done. She still has her man, beautiful family and wealth. She won.

• Anon

January 3, 2021 at 8:08 pm

No! She lost. Get it right!

• Melody

January 3, 2021 at 8:35 pm

Charges dismissed, lawsuit shut down, marriage intact, T’challa the breakout star of the season, happy kids, dragged Gizelle for the world to see, and contract extended for season 6. Then she walks away because she’s blessed enough to be able to while Gizelle could NEVER. And that’s why she’s been hating on Monique from day one like the bitter woman she is. Yes, Monique definitely won. You love to see it too. Happy New Year boo. 😘

• Anonymous

January 3, 2021 at 3:14 pm

You’re right. I completely forgot Gizelle’s father was a civil rights activist. I mean you definitely can’t tell. She’s awful and she’s been very anti-black on the show. People talk about Porsha but they need to keep the same energy for Gizelle. I couldn’t understand why RHOP has never been a huge success until this season and now I get it. Ain’t RHOP built around Gizelle? She’s not likable. And that’s needed to build a franchise.

• Melody

January 3, 2021 at 8:41 pm

Tell the truth and shame the devil, I mean Gizelle. Her father is so embarrassed by her desperate stunts he could no longer stand it and told them he was done filming. So embarrassing.

21. Candace

January 3, 2021 at 8:28 am

Bravo offered Monique a contract because they needed her for ratings… I for one was curious how tha dynamic will be when she filmed next season. I think that some of the women probably Robyn or Wendy took a pay cut, because they contributed nothing much to the show. Now that Monique is gone, there is nothing to talk about.

22. Annoyed

January 3, 2021 at 10:54 am

I do not believe Monique planned on pulling Candiace wig. Canadiace is a big mouth child that throws tantrums if she does not get her way. Candiace is still out there running her d*amn mouth about getting her wig pulled. It is over and it is time to let it go because the more she talks about it the more she is disliked. She needs to take her uncouth trifling fake crying a** on somewhere and sit down and try to figure out why she has these childish out burst.😭😭😭

23. Stanhope

January 3, 2021 at 11:11 am

First, when RHOA was the cash cow of the franchise, the trips given white cast were far better than those given to RHOA cast. That was when I first noticed a disparity. Rather than go through chapter and verse, let me just get to the bottom lines. Andy Cohen is a racist. I’ll say it while others are being politically correct. I feel no such obligation. There is no doubt given what I saw to give him the benefit of. Next..no Monique, I won’t watch and I am not alone. I was a fan of Gizelle and Robyn but no more. Gizelle calling herself a Church woman given her behavior is nothing short of sacrilege. Cursing? Her flunky Robyn is as dull as dishwater. Finally, Candiace is a sick human being consumed with an envy that is toxic. She has an unattractive, unsuccessful man who lived on her mother for goodness’s sakes. She is violent with a venomous mouth. She needs in patient therapy. That sad brick front house is a metaphor for deception. Monique homes are grand in comparison. I am no fan of NeNe Leakes but she does make some salient points. I am done with RHOP without Monique. Ciao. By the way candiace, the only miss america or miss usa anybody remembers is Vanessa Williams and you have neither her looks nor her talent.

24. Wow

January 3, 2021 at 12:31 pm

Gizelle doesn’t like anyone she can’t bully. Candiace needs to be careful and realize Gizelle and Robyn aren’t her real friends. I don’t want their bitter broke chick energy to rub off on her.

25. Love Heavenly

January 3, 2021 at 12:42 pm

With Monique leaving, it’s not a whole lot of people left on the show that I actually like. I saw that Buffie compared Heavenly to Gizelle and I don’t really agree with that. Heavenly is her real and flawed self and she isn’t spared by edits like Gizelle is. Also, Heavenly was wealthy before M2M. She already had made millions by then. You can tell Gizelle just started getting a little money. Didn’t she just buy a house like last year or so? Anyway, like Monique, Heavenly used the platform to advertise and invest in her businesses. So Heavenly doesn’t need the little check she gets from Bravo. Everyone knows Bravo has been making pay cuts over there. So the ladies on RHOP aren’t even making money like that. Andy confirmed it by asking Robyn if it’s her hats helping her afford her new house. Those RHOP checks will never compare to what the RHOA chicks USED to get paid. And it’s sad to see how low Gizelle stoops for the little money she makes. Gizelle is a constant reminder that good looks won’t do much for you in the real world. Good on Monique for walking away. The fact that she can afford to quit is why I will continue to be a fan.