Entertainment

Tami Roman Calls Reggie Youngblood to Handle David Edwards During ‘The Real World’ Reunion

Photo Credit: Paramount Plus/YouTube

Reality television is something Tami Roman knows well.

Tami Roman is widely recognized for her time on “Basketball Wives.” She had a lot of controversial moments on the show. But her altercation with Evelyn Lozada set the tone for things moving forward. In the end, she decided to leave. She was tired of the drama. Plus, she wasn’t thrilled to be around Evelyn. She has now put her acting career first. And she’s been keeping busy with roles on multiple scripted shows. However, she’s admitted that she isn’t completely against returning to “Basketball Wives” at some point if the cast is right. And she signed up to reunite with her “The Real World: Los Angeles” co-stars recently to film a reunion season for Paramount Plus.

“The Real World” was a massive hit for MTV years ago. And Tami was a part of the season 2 cast. While the whole experience was eye-opening for Tami, what people remember the most is her fall out with David Edwards.

They started off on friendly terms. However, what David thought was just horseplay became a triggering moment for Tami. The controversial situation led to David being booted from the show. So it’s no surprise that it was discussed when Tami and David came face to face for the reunion episodes.

And at one point, Tami calls her husband Reggie Youngblood to come handle things.

1. Natalie

October 28, 2021 at 8:19 am

I’m actually hyped to watch this but old wounds that never healed will fester again.
    I remember the Tami/David incident very well.

• ImSoLost

October 28, 2021 at 6:09 pm

I was a huge Real World fan then. She was a trailblazer, even went through an abortion during her season.

2. Jessica

October 28, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Another streaming service…why?

October 28, 2021 at 3:17 pm

I feel old now. But this excites me. I loved The Real World. And this was such a great season.

4. Venita

October 28, 2021 at 5:04 pm

Why do the show with David there
    She needs to grow up, because if it was that bad why sign up again to stay in a house with him without have a sit down and discuss the situation. That’s a dangerous thing calling someone to defend you and if something happen before security can react

• Gina

January 5, 2022 at 7:33 am

I agree with your comment. Tami you can’t have a Black Lives Matter conversation then when you get in your feelings about David calling you out about a wig because you called him a slave which to me you both are wrong but you poked the bear first you then in turn call your husband to defend you knowing it will escalate. That wasn’t necessary. You actually made David’s point about it “ starts with us.” Which it does. It’s funny how we preach to white people how we want to be treated but then you both display this childish antics between you both whom happen to be black. Race is a hard topic to discuss even harder with two black people not agreeing to respect to disagree. Everyone has different r respectives and just because you are black doesn’t mean you will have unity because you are black. Tami shouldn’t called her husband just leave the house like you asked him to leave.

5. Keely Hunter

October 29, 2021 at 12:55 am

Be an adult and have a sit down with David. Time to grow up Tami.

6. UnknownKnowledge

October 29, 2021 at 5:53 am

How can you say be an adult and grow up if she is clearly sitting there discussing the situation again, giving him something Tami gives no one, “An Explanation”. It’s reality TV, production wants this conversation filmed, just like it happened for all to see.

7. Boobieland36

October 29, 2021 at 2:54 pm

I just watched the video of David dragging Tammy through the hallway and the whole time she was laughing. If she was that upset about getting dragged she should have bern serious from the start.

• Nikki

October 29, 2021 at 5:53 pm

You do know some ppl laugh when they are in uncomfortable situations..i know I do and just because she is laughing don’t mean it didn’t trigger her or make her uncomfortable.

8. Darrien

October 29, 2021 at 6:38 pm

The white guy came in drunk took his clothes off got into bed, the white girl and Tami took his cover off and there he was in his underwear David try too stop them, even he knew it was wrong, but they got it off David think it’s all in fun went after Tami because America is not going accept a Black man going after a half naked white girl in her bedroom so he went Tami just for fun, but here it is in a nutshell the white girl had feelings for the white dude he didn’t so when david went tami she got jealous because no attention for her, convince Tami to call it an assualt, she even said he tried too rape her David said rape her we were all having fun and laughing the white guy came in diffending David like what the H-ll,and the producers made david leave the house and tranished his career all because Little beckey wasn’t getting any so why should the black girl, Black on Black crime created by White Privilege and sad part is Tami you felled for it and if truth be told you should be shaking David’s hand because you wouldn’t have NO CAREER if it wasn’t for David MTV and little Sweet Polly Pure Bread.

9. Rapha

October 29, 2021 at 8:12 pm

I’m confused. Years back they had a reunion with multiple seasons and Tami approached David while they were eating in a restaurant wanting to talk about what happened. Years later she has an issue again and she wants to bring her husband into it? Come on now.

10. Melissa

October 31, 2021 at 4:46 am

Tami has been the aggressor on every show. She was a trouble maker as I remember her. She played constantly with David and him being young and a comedian, he played to much but I never felt he intended on actually trying to hurt her. She saw her moment to be a drama queen as she has always been and took it at the cost of David’s reputation and career. She bullies the woman on basketball wives which is why I stopped watching. I don’t care for her ghetto fighting, blame someone else attitude. She was wrong for how David was treated knowing she rough housed with him on the show which made him feel comfortable to play back. At one point I thought they had a crush on each other. She’s not innocent never has been but plays the role.

11. Jocelyn

October 31, 2021 at 4:34 pm

Now I remember they had it a reunion special of the past 10 Real Worlds and Tami wanted to talk to David to apologize to him because she realized she went to far. So I thought all of this was squashed already. They are definitely doing this for ratings.

12. Christie

December 9, 2021 at 7:53 pm

I’m shaking my head at the whole situation because it all got blown out of proportion. Even Tami acknowledges that. What David did was inappropriate, and I can see why she felt violated. But I peeped when David got the blanket off, Aaron said “you’re disgusting!” Now I know he didnt mean that, but now that shes revealed she suffers from body dysmorphia, her hearing him say that had to be brutal. I believe it was that moment that she became truly embarrassed, not understanding that it was said in a joking manner. Beth’s ole punk a-s instigated and escalated the whole thing by even comparing it to r-pe. There was no way that should even been mentioned, and this poor young Black man lost his whole career behind a white woman yet AGAIN lying and exaggerating things for her own motives. I feel for David and I get why hes angry. He should have be reprimanded but all the women ganging up with that nonsense about feeling unsafe is the same reason alot if innocent men go to jail. Some never make it out. It evil, and I wish Tami could’ve seen more clearly how she was being manipulated to turn on her brother like that. I’m watching the season now and it’s still pissing me off how everyone overreacted. Smh.