Entertainment

Candiace Dillard Responds to Backlash for Defending Ashley Darby + Ashley Shows Love

Photo Credit: Bravo

Candiace Dillard defended Ashley Darby at the RHOP reunion.

Fans were shocked when Bravo and Andy Cohen confirmed Nicki Minaj would host the “Real Housewives of Potomac” reunion for season 6. The superstar got her own segment with the ladies. And she decided she wouldn’t hold back. So she asked the tough questions she felt fans wanted to be answered.

At the end of part 3 of the reunion, Nicki wasted no time coming for Ashley Darby. She brought up Ashley telling Wendy Osefo about Gizelle Bryant’s “concern” about the Eddie Osefo cheating rumors. Nicki pointed out that Ashley left the girls’ trip right after the blowup as a result of their conversation. And Nicki seems to think Ashley did this because she didn’t have a storyline. She even said Ashley should have just stayed home with her new baby instead of causing drama on the trip.

Surprisingly, Candiace Dillard defended Ashley during this moment. And she wanted to stress that Ashley still had to do the job she’s contractually obligated to do. Candiace told Nicki, “I think she gave birth like literally two weeks into filming. But she got work. We got work.”

Candiace Dillard responded to the backlash.

Well, some of the fans were happy to witness this moment. However, others were critical. And Candiace clapped back at the criticism on Twitter.

She wrote, “Listen, ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’ Okay? My knee-jerk reaction is always to defend people against pressure, especially when it feels unfair. I wasn’t thinking about how sh*tty and trifling she had been to me in the past. I just reacted.”

Candiace continued, “This is y’all’s problem w/this show. You all follow the leader and participate in groupthink, so Candiace can’t be multidimensional. I will always try & defend u if I feel you’re being done wrong. & I’ll cuss you the fuq out if you try and do me wrong. It’s called balance.”

She also thinks she’s portrayed as the villain of the show.

“I’m a friend and I’m fair 24/7, 365. This show won’t highlight that though because it’s more fun to make me the villain and use the reunion couch to tell me I deserve to get “beat up” for doing what we’re all paid to do. But no one’s ready for that conversation.”

Ashley showed some love to Candiace on her Instagram Story. She posted a photo of them smiling together at the reunion. And she wrote, “It’s beautifully complicated. ❤️  🌸  ❤️ ”

1. Staying Anonymous

November 23, 2021 at 10:17 am

Candiace and Ashley actually want to be friends. And they do actually support each other when they believe the other needs it. Ashley checked on Candiace last season when her feelings were hurt and she felt ganged up on. And Candiace is doing it now because she knew Nicki wasn’t being fair to Ashley. These two would be friends if the fans allowed it.

November 23, 2021 at 10:23 am

It’s honestly time for Candiace and Ashley to call a truce. It’s been dragging for way too long. I respect Candiace for speaking up when she felt she needed to. Seems like she’s the only one who wasn’t afraid to. Everyone else was too star struck. RHOP is their job. They don’t have the luxury to stay home at call time. Baby or not.

3. Lisa

November 23, 2021 at 1:10 pm

She’s only getting backlash because her fans aren’t really fans of her, just Ashley haters. The same goes for Ashley’s supporters. They are just Candiace haters. I’m actually here for them getting along finally next season. It’s time for new feuds.

4. Wow

November 23, 2021 at 2:27 pm

I don’t see Candiace as a villain and honestly there’s no true villain on this show. They’re all messy and do dirt to each other. Candiace speaks up when she feels she needs to. She doesn’t deserve the hate she gets either.

5. Natalie

November 23, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Please…can someone pass me the trash can so I can throw up 🤮 in it.

6. Xtra

November 25, 2021 at 2:38 am

With all the fighting Candiace and Ashley has done I really do think they love each other like sisters, I hope Candiace doesn’t let Wendy get in between their friendship.

7. Veronica

November 25, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Candice is consumed with jealousy against Ashley from day 1. Ashley’s hair & in the most recent episode of the reunion Candice confirmed Ashley’s skin colour. She projected this image of intelligence, but her mouth is pure ghetto sh-tt & a cesspool filter that she seems to be proud of…she has no class whatsoever & is very abusive to her mother & husband. This girl is very insecure!

8. Fire

November 25, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Gizzelle needs to shut up!!! She is a sh-t disturbed. Wendy needs to CHILL! She is miss reading people. Her hubby is a nice guy. Karen thinks her sh-t doesn’t stink.Ashley needs to grow up.Her hubby is an ugly man inside and out.
    Robin is my favorite, she is natural and a true human being. Candise is a hard worker and I like her hubby. Mia is fake as can be! She tells lies
    Her hubby is a mean drunk.All the others are great!