Entertainment

Tami Roman & David Edwards Clash over BLM Discussion on ‘The Real World Homecoming’

Photo Credit: Paramount Plus/YouTube

David Edwards and Tami Roman had a polarizing moment on “The Real World.”

Tami Roman made her debut on reality television via “The Real World: Los Angeles.” On the show, Tami had many standout moments. She was the first person ever to terminate a pregnancy on television. She opened up about her time being homeless and living in a car with her mother. Tami also had her jaw wired shut. She’s been battling an eating disorder for years. And she thinks her mental issues are what led to her blanket controversy with David Edwards. When it comes to the incident, David felt like he was discarded away like trash. His career fell apart after Irene Berrera-Kearns and Beth Stolarczyk compared him to a rapist.

Interestingly enough, both Tami and David addressed their controversial moment from 1993 when the cast got back together to film “The Real World Homecoming: Los Angeles.”

It wasn’t easy for the cast to talk about that emotional moment. Producers even showed never before seen footage of David having an emotional breakdown after he was kicked out of the house. David and Tami apologized to each other. Plus, Irene and Beth S. apologized for their comments towards David as well.

So it seemed as if David and Tami were moving forward in a very positive way. However, the recent episode was eye-opening. Now it’s clear what led to their latest fallout.

December 30, 2021 at 12:45 pm

I’m sure I laughed when I wasn’t supposed to. This show is so good and underrated.

2. Anon

December 30, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Okay so I was wondering why they fell out again because they were getting along so well. But this mirrors how things are going politically in the black community. More black men are becoming more conservative and black women lean more liberal politically. I honestly think David and Tami both made great points.

3. Barbee

December 30, 2021 at 12:53 pm

This show is better than 95% of the reality shows out today. Why? Because it’s authentic. This episode was everything!

4. anon anon

December 30, 2021 at 1:03 pm

I laughed so hard. Tami was tired y’all. The foolishness was just too much for her. Also, David wasn’t wrong. Politics are dividing all of us.

5. Babygirl

December 30, 2021 at 1:09 pm

David should have had Tami’s back but I know the history prevented him from holding her down. What he doesn’t understand is his race played a role in what happened to him in 93.

6. Ugh

December 30, 2021 at 1:17 pm

David is corny for not having Tami’s back!

I love how authentic this show is. I don’t want multiple seasons because it will become scripted!

Funny episode

7. Yeah I Said It!

December 30, 2021 at 3:17 pm

The Real World remains the GOAT of this reality television game. I’m enjoying this season a lot. I heard New Orleans is next.

8. Guest

December 30, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Team Tami for sure. The many micro aggression and passive aggressive behaviors that black people deal with on a daily basis is exhausting. And, if you try to educate or speak up every time it happens it wears you down. As a black man in America I don’t understand why David didn’t present a united front. It made me think about how some black men aren’t supportive of black women. I recognize that not all black people have the same experiences but, David seems to have dealt with many things as a black man that if he was white would’ve been different. Even within the house, him being called a r-pist for pulling the covers off Tami; when Jon did it everyone laughed. Tami definitely was funny but, passionate. I loved how she got them all together and they couldn’t even give a rebuttal. ??

9. Ross

December 30, 2021 at 11:40 pm

I NEVER watched any of the Real Worlds…i only watched this season because Tami and Baaaaabbbyyy!!!! I am glad i did….last night episode was a HOOT!!!! Tamie smoked two cigarettes back to back fooling with her cast members….i am a black man and i get more irritated when BLACKS continue to use the N word.

• Guest

December 31, 2021 at 3:56 pm

I have to high five ✋? you on that. Why take ownership of a word that was used to demean and humiliate you. It is derogatory and represents something totally disrespectful. No one should be using this disgraceful word.

• Ross

January 1, 2022 at 2:25 pm

EXCATLY!!!!!!!

10. T-Swizzle

January 13, 2022 at 11:30 am

Thankfully there were fewer uses of the “N-word” by white folks than there were abortions by female cast members back in the day. If you’re scoring at home, I believe the final tally was 4-2 in favor of “Team Abortion.”