Entertainment

‘Love And Hip Hop New York’ Star Remy Ma Responds to Criticism of Her Music Career

Photo Credit: VH1

Remy sets the record straight.

Remy Ma recently had to check an Instagram follower after they criticized her music career. The “Love and Hip Hop New York” star noticed the critical comment during a recent Instagram Live session.

The follower wrote, “Remy, where’s your music? I don’t give a f*ck about what you talking bout right now. Where’s your music? You was locked up for all those years, you came up with ‘All the Way Up’ and now you’re all the way down.”

In response to this, Remy said, “Obviously, you don’t know what you’re talking about because prior to that I put out a whole mixtape. After that, I dropped 3, no 4 different records. The record with me and Lil Kim, ‘Wake Me Up,’ ‘Melanin Magic’ with Chris Brown, ‘Company’ with A Boogie, ‘New Thing’ was on the ‘Uncle Drew’ soundtrack with French Montana. And then I chose to not make music because I chose to get pregnant. And I chose to raise my daughter and be with my husband because I am financially stable enough to do so.'”

She added, “I know sometimes people think that artists owe their entire lives and everything to the fans. I appreciate my fans and I love my fans, but I appreciate and love my family and my husband. And whereas I can always put out music, I can’t always have a baby. I can’t always get pregnant.”

Remy’s bank accounts demonstrate her security.

Remy also wanted to make it clear that her bank accounts look great, “I’m all the way down compared to who? To your standards? Post a picture of your bank account and I’ll post a picture of just you pick any one of my accounts. Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America…Santander, you pick which one. I’ll just do one. Like trust me, I’m okay. I’m okay. When I feel like putting something out on Reminisce Records, I can. I’ma boss. I’m in charge. I can do what I want when I wanna do it. In the meantime, I am watching ‘Baby Shark’ with my baby. I’ma keep buying properties, I’ma keep flying on jets. I’ma keep going to the store and getting whatever I want. And so I’m sorry that the things you consider up are not the things that I consider up.”

1. Erica

August 29, 2020 at 11:23 am

Remy gets it. Sadly some don’t.

• Kewonna S McCurtis

August 29, 2020 at 7:48 pm

Remy is doing just what she needs and want to do which is family first. As long as her husband good with her decision, noone else should have ANYTHING to say about her. You nor I have to take our money and help with anything so what’s the problem with people all in her business

• GWENDOLYN Foster

August 30, 2020 at 7:03 pm

Amen to That.
        Love 💘 you REMY SN YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY..BLESSING 💕🙏

• Jody Prince

August 31, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Well she needs to with a trash partner like that. She had to come and work harder than ever because look a her other half SAD

• Caridad Corea

August 30, 2020 at 5:48 pm

PPL ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY, I MET YOU WHEN WE WERE UP TOP YOU ARE STILL THE SAME LOVEABLE PERSON, HATERS SHOULD GET A LIFE, FOCUS ON YOURSELVES LIVE AND LET LIVE REMY CONTINUE BEING WHO YOU ARE

• Jody Prince

August 31, 2020 at 9:58 pm

To bad her husband is not the bread winner. She need to put much music is possible

August 29, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Remy is smart with her money so she’ll be fine. Any artist should work towards putting out music because they want to and not because they have to.

3. KB/BROOKLYN

August 29, 2020 at 7:33 pm

My Sister,

You have nothing to prove.
    You are a success!

Enjoy your baby and your husband. Time files. Work is work.

I stayed home till my son went to Pre-K, he’s 12 now. You can NEVER get time back.

Keep doing you. GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST.

• Mrs Deet

August 29, 2020 at 9:20 pm

I dont like none of her song period and same for her husband they can’t rap not to me anyway they have beautiful children that’s it this my opinion only thank you

• Tko

August 30, 2020 at 6:45 am

I agree

• Anonymous

August 30, 2020 at 8:25 am

Who cares what you like hater. Where’s your music What’s the purpose of following them or commenting

• kimberly A Wright

August 30, 2020 at 11:25 am

I kind of agree with you.Those songs weren’t hot.I have no problem with spending time with family.But,If she would post pics and show off outfits like she do her music it would be cool.Tbh,She seems to have gotten caught up in her fame and money that she doesnt seem hungry for music anymore.

• Erika Cooper-Adams

August 30, 2020 at 3:51 pm

I agree

• Frances

August 30, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Shut’em down shut’em shut’em down Remy.

4. Dani

August 30, 2020 at 8:15 am

Remy, I love the way you handled with such class,respect and love inspite that person stupidity. Family is everything first and foremost. Continue to be bless and happy and enjoy your life. You owe nothing to anyone but GOD. 🙏🏾🥰❤💋

5. Yelp

August 30, 2020 at 10:10 am

Lets be honest Remy wont be able to comptete with Cardi and Meghan to be due to popularity.

I respect that Remy chose to Reinvent herself much like what Joe Biden did once his music career started to tank.

6. My opinion/facts so f urs

August 30, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Good 4 u Remy. A lot og people tend 2 put their careers 1st then regret it later.. Once you have accomplished what u want & is comfortable & happy wit that then nothing else matters.. Especially not the comments of others.

7. coreeeboy

August 31, 2020 at 12:37 am

REMY has nothing to prove to no one she’s been well respected in the industry even after coming home… regardless whether you heard her latest songs/features they still was bops and get spins foh & for the loser trying to compare her to Cardi and Meg of course there’s no comparison lyrically lol but what’s your point.. She’s blessed came home and made herself a multimillionaire. Was mainly independent then inked her deal, wit all her masters a real Boss, She good. Much love to Remy

8. Sincere

August 31, 2020 at 12:58 am

Remy is more smarter than you may think she don’t let the game play her she is controlling her own destination right now so fall back and let Remy live.Peace Remy and remain safe.