Entertainment

Candiace Dillard Says RHOP Cast Uses Her Mother for a Storyline + Gives Update on Husband

Photo Credit: Bravo

Gizelle Bryant is loyal to what’s best for RHOP.

Candiace Dillard recently appeared on Angela Yee’s “Lip Service” podcast. The “Real Housewives of Potomac” star discussed many topics, including the previous season of the show. In fact, she was asked what she thought about Wendy Osefo’s fallout with Gizelle Bryant.

She said, “My girl…I love my girl Wen…I feel like they came at her unfairly. But I also think that she…I told someone that she thought that Gizelle was her friend. And that was her mistake. Gizelle is no one’s friend but her own.”

Candiace continued, “She’s loyal to Robyn, yes. But she’s also about the show and she will do whatever. And she’ll come for whomever if she thinks it’s going to make the show do well, which I respect. Someone once said to me you have to respect your villains. And I respect her for that.”

Chris Bassett received an apology from Candiace Dillard’s mother.

She was also asked where things stand now between her mother and Chris Bassett.

“She was just at the house with us for Thanksgiving. And at first, I was like I don’t even know if she can come to the house because they haven’t talked. She was supposed to call him, she never called him.” Candiace added, “She comes to the house and she acts like everything is fine. And I was like, ‘Excuse me, ma’am, you need to apologize to Chris.’ So she finally did. But it was like, ‘You know, I’m sorry if I said anything that was disrespectful.’ But that’s how…Black moms, Southern Black moms, that’s how they apologize.”

For Chris, it’s necessary to let things go. “Chris was always going to be fine. He’s not interested in keeping up any kind of beef with my mom. So like it’s fine.”

Candiace said it wasn’t about being embarrassed by her mother’s actions. Her mother needs to understand that the other women on the show could be using her.

“I don’t think I was embarrassed. I was shocked. And then I was just hurt because it’s my mom. And my mom was always like, ‘We’re not gonna let the show come between us. The show is just the show and we are a family.’ So then for her to do this, it’s like you let the girls basically use you and use us for a storyline, for a moment cause it was talked about for the rest of the season. And it became its own thing.”

1. Natalie

January 6, 2022 at 12:12 pm

Sick of Candiace… plus she used her mom for a story line too. Bye girl bye.

January 6, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Her mother likes the attention and willingly runs her mouth. She’s not a victim. Also, they all use each other for a storyline. That’s how an ensemble cast works.

3. Staying Anonymous

January 6, 2022 at 1:37 pm

I don’t understand the Candiace hate. She’s one of the most authentic on RHOP.

4. Natalie

January 6, 2022 at 3:13 pm

I see there’s another Natalie posting. HEY QUEEN ??!!
    Candiace should be a comic. I laughed at using her Mother as a storyline. If anyone wants to be seen it’s her.
    The Southern Mom apology was bullswankey too. Her Mom gave a fake apology to Chris. She doesn’t like that man.

5. Shayla

January 6, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Candiace used Ashley for a storyline many times. Just like that time she made Ashley’s miscarriage her storyline. So she needs to stop it. There is no solo star on this show. They all bring something necessary and rely on each other for content. Using each other for storylines is what they all do.

6. Izzy

January 6, 2022 at 4:18 pm

Her mother acts like she wants to be the Housewife. She’s always ready to throw Chris under the bus for screen time. She’s the problem. Not the other cast members.

7. Nicole

January 6, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Candiace continues to misdirect her anger and it’s exhausting. The other women on the show aren’t the issue. The issue is her mother doesn’t respect her marriage or her husband. So she continues to do this every season. It ain’t about TV. It’s a bigger issue that can’t be solved until her mother respects her marriage.

• Jackie Penn

January 7, 2022 at 9:35 am

Candiace and her mother is worthless. They both are thirsty.

8. justmyopinioninVA

January 7, 2022 at 3:45 am

Candiace’s mother is no victim and is definitely not allowing herself to be used;she’s a willing participant and enjoys the camera time and attention. In fact, I can see her mother auditioning for a peach in Atlanta since she lives there.