Basketball Wives Season 8 Ratings Start with Massive Drop

‘Basketball Wives’ Ratings Drop Massively

Basketball Wives Season 8

Photo Credit: VH1

It looks like “Black Ink Crew Chicago” isn’t the only show experiencing a drop in ratings.

Season 8 of “Basketball Wives” is starting with record lows.

Last week, the season premiere brought in 968,000 viewers.

Season 7 premiered with 1.866 million viewers. That’s a pretty massive drop.

In fact, it’s the lowest ratings ever for a season premiere in the show’s history.

The interesting thing is this season is going to be full of drama.

Evelyn not only nearly comes to blows with Jennifer, but CeCe as well.

Malaysia and Jackie will also have an explosive falling out. It’s been rumored one of Malaysia’s relatives assaulted Jackie.

OG is also in the beginning stages of beef with Evelyn.

And of course, CeCe and Kristen are still having major family problems.

So the drop is a surprising one.

Maybe the ratings will pick up in the coming weeks as the drama intensifies.

In related news, Tami’s special “Tami After Ever” brought in 632,000 viewers.

June 26, 2019 at 1:55 pm

I’m not surprised. These women are too old to act like they are still in high school.

2. EZz

June 26, 2019 at 2:03 pm

I mean hardly any promotion was done, there was no trailer for this season, so no wonder the numbers are low, but the first episode was great, and I really hope more people watch especially to see Evelyn’s evil a-s fall in the bushes, so hopefully numbers start to go back up.

• Pixrom

June 27, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Hopefully she will drag Kristens a$$ down with her. Ugh I cant stand her

3. EZz

June 26, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Tbh Jennifer is carrying this season exposing Nostril Shaunie, and Evil, plus Malaysia and Jackie get it poppin, and Tami is living her best life, so don’t know why no one wouldn’t want to watch.

4. Anon

June 26, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Tami’s special flopped. I’m surprised since all her stans say she’s the only reason they watch BBW. She gets her own show and they don’t watch. Interesting.

• Ratchet Queen

June 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm

LMBO!

• Michelle

June 26, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Tami’s “stans” are really just Evelyn’s haters. I figured that out a long time ago.

5. And What?

June 26, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Ratings will probably get better but that drop was big. That’s nearly 1 million people who stopped watching.

• Tiffani Young

June 27, 2019 at 4:03 pm

You know when shows get moved around something is up. BBW usually comes on Sunday night now Wednesdays OK Now If LHHATL gets moved from Monday nights it’s got to be huge because they had their slot since aired in 2012.

• benji

July 12, 2019 at 4:59 pm

off topic but does it really matter which days the show come on . I do notice that Sunday and Monday nigh shows usually have high rating (I use to think its the cast who vote on the days and time it aired but learn beyond acting a mess in front of the cameras they’re powerless)

6. Gabriella

June 26, 2019 at 2:43 pm

They are 10 years over due for needing to be cancelled. Vh1 is so lazy they refuse to get new and creative shows. I swear all I watch is Netflix and Hulu if it wasn’t for the blogs I couldn’t tell you anything about bball wives.

7. Asa

June 26, 2019 at 2:52 pm

People aren’t tried of all that fighting…smdh especially suppose grown a-s women..b/c ladies don’t act like that & each time these shows return it’s always on a different night

June 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm

When I read about these drop in ratings on these reality shows, it makes a lot of sense. It’s so many things to watch on TV now that are more compelling.

9. anonymous

June 26, 2019 at 3:49 pm

I only watch this to have something to watch before Queen Sugar comes on. Some of them have had the same storyline for years (Evelyn and Tami).

10. Toyathepretty

June 26, 2019 at 4:36 pm

Wait i did not know that Tami had her own show

11. lizzy

June 26, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Vh1 doesn’t care about this show anymore. They hardly promote it and this is the result of that. I think Love & Hip Hop and Black Ink is all VH1 focuses on.

12. Guest

June 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Considering that Tammi’s show had no promotion that was great. I don’t consider that a flop.. I hope it continues bc it’s nice to see her outside of BBW happy and fulfilling her career goals. Although, I felt the show was a little ratchet with Reggie’s family acting ghetto. Why does the loud, ghetto black woman stereotype have to be portrayed on these reality shows? We can’t be shown with some intelligence and class to get some good ratings? Smh 🤦🏽‍♀️

On the other hand, I was totally turned off of BBW from this first episode. Just a lot of nonsense and shenanigans over juvenile issues. Grow up and start carrying yourselves like grown professional women. Not watching that trash anymore. Smh 🤦🏽‍♀️ Clowns 🤡 It is disgraceful that these women downgrade themselves for a paycheck.

13. Leslie

June 26, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Tami’s show got promotion. Every celebrity promoted the show on Twitter and Instagram. Her show also had commercials ran on the network. 600,000 viewers is a flop on VH1 period. And she had the nerve to brag about trending on Twitter smh.

• Guest

June 26, 2019 at 10:45 pm

I disagree. I never saw it promoted where I live. Not everyone has social media accounts. So, no it wasn’t a flop. BBW has been on several seasons and they’re rating weren’t much higher. I applaud her for pulling in what she did regardless.

• Leslie

June 27, 2019 at 5:08 am

Okay and I still think her show flopped. 600,000 people is very low for VH1. The whole point of putting Tami’s show on after BBWLA was to increase the odds of people watching. But they didn’t. Almost half of the viewers left after Basketball Wives. Embarrassing. And how did Tami not get any promotion? Sis did interviews. She got major magazine covers. I saw her commercials, advertisements on social media, I mean she got the whole promotional package just like BBWLA. If you didn’t see any of that, you’re clearly not a real fan. But I’m starting to agree with the poster on here who said Tami doesn’t have real fans because they are just Evelyn haters. Y’all are quick to say things weren’t promoted like VH1 didn’t run commercials for these programs. They did it’s just nobody cared to watch. Tami actually had more promotion than Porsha’s special but Porsha’s ratings were just as high as a RHOA episode. Why couldn’t Tami do the same? I mean y’all swear she’s the most popular and loved BBW. There’s a pretty big difference between 900,000 and 600,000 but I mean go off. But it doesn’t really matter. You have your opinion that ain’t changing and mine ain’t changing so we have to agree to disagree 🤷🏿‍♀️.

• Guest

June 27, 2019 at 1:31 pm

I’m no one’s fan. Clearly we can agree to disagree. We don’t know each other so there’s no animosity. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. I’m not mad at it, nor do I have to debate it. Enjoy your day. ☺️

14. Leslie

June 26, 2019 at 6:56 pm

And Basketball Wives was promoted too. People are just tired of the show.

15. Welp

June 26, 2019 at 8:57 pm

I think my issue is Tami pretty much caused all the drama last season but this season she’s refusing to film with everyone else like that. It’s the equivalent of letting out a big fart in the room and leaving everyone else there to smell it and deal with it after you walk off. Then she has this spinoff with her kids and Reggie. No one is watching her show like that because what’s the point? She’s not giving us what we really want from her and that’s addressing what happened last season with Jenn, Shaunie, Malaysia and Evelyn. She’s completely avoiding the situation so I’m not checking for her show.

• benji

July 12, 2019 at 6:41 pm

What is there to said Jenn did admitted to saying “a lot of stuff”, couldn’t bring her receipt and shaunie told Ev what Jenn been saying. I think it finally become clear to Tami no matter what Shaunie would always take Ev side and was never her friend in first place. I don’t see any of the woman discussing the rumors other than Shaunie and Jenn. Tami just deliver the news. Its really sad the show comes to this so much animosity

16. 404

June 27, 2019 at 12:05 pm

The season is good so far so I’m surprised by this.

17. Candi

October 13, 2019 at 8:27 pm

They act like kids and ghetto.They make woman look bad