Entertainment

David Edwards Threatens to Snatch off Tami Roman’s Wig + She Defends Calling Husband

Photo Credit: Paramount Plus

David Edwards and Tami Roman were hoping for some closure and progression.

The Real World Homecoming: Los Angeles” has a lot of people talking on social media. On the recent episode, Tami Roman almost went back to her “Basketball Wives” self. Things were going well until the cast decided to answer the random prewritten questions in the fishbowl that was sitting on the table. Irene Berrera-Kearns was asked about her thoughts on certain incidents, including George Floyd’s murder. Irene is a retired police officer. Years ago, she had a controversial moment with David Edwards. After the blanket incident, Irene threatened to call the police and tell them that a r*pe occurred. Irene apologized for this when the cast got back together to film “The Real World Homecoming.” So she wanted to be careful when she answered this prewritten question.

Irene said that she will always support law enforcement. However, she has participated in Black Lives Matter protests. And she is against police brutality. However, she admitted she didn’t speak up when she saw injustices happen with other officers. Tami called her out about this. And then the conversation turned into what the rest of the cast feels about the movement as a whole.

A discussion about race resulted in Tami Roman and David Edwards clashing, again.

Glen Naessens ended up talking about the moment that his black friend was called the N-word at a pizza place. Tami told him that he cannot use the word because he is not black. Irene tried to check Glen but she got checked by Tami because she also used the N-word.

Jon Brennan was also called out by Tami for referring to the black youth who he’s been helping as “colored.”

While Tami has no problem speaking her mind, she was disappointed that David didn’t have much to say as everything unfolded. This will later lead to Tami and David having another major blowup. And at one point, David threatened to snatch off Tami’s wig. So she called her husband Reggie Youngblood to handle the situation. Recently, Tami defended her actions.

1. LaQuetta Ward

January 1, 2022 at 9:43 am

David was staying out of it because he doesn’t want his career to take another hit as it did back in the day because of this show. Tami can sit on her soapbox because her career soared after the incident she has no idea what David went through. Although I would’ve spoke up I don’t condemn someone for not it’s his right to worry about himself.

2. Shania

January 1, 2022 at 9:50 am

Tami picked a fight with David and then called her husband to beat him up. Let’s not sugarcoat this please. Tami hasn’t changed and she is the same troublemaker from Basketball Wives.

January 1, 2022 at 10:19 am

David shouldn’t have threatened her. So I understand calling Reggie. But I don’t like how Tami created an issue with David because he had a different opinion. He was fine with them disagreeing. He wasn’t going to fight with her about it. I’ll have to watch the new episode next week but it just seems like Tami may have caused an issue between them when they were actually getting along. I hate that they are fighting again.

4. Sweetness

January 1, 2022 at 10:26 am

Anyone who thinks that this is just “same old Tami” hasn’t been watching this show and should keep their opinion to themselves. The amount of restraint that she has shown during MULTIPLE tense conversations proves that she has grown tremendously! And if I am dealing with a black man threatening me because I’m talking about him needing to speak up for black people, you’re d-mn right that I’m going to call my husband! He’s already demonstrated that he doesn’t give a d-mn. And the white people around aren’t going to reign him in so just take it AGAIN? I think not.

5. Shania

January 1, 2022 at 10:35 am

Sweetness, you should be direct next time and mention my name since I’m obviously the person you are talking about. I can type whatever I please on here and I’m allowed to have an opinion. If you weren’t so busy stanning a stranger who doesn’t give a d-mn about you, you’d understand how opinions work. We’re all allowed to have one. And no, Tami hasn’t changed. That’s why she had no problem wishing death on Jennifer Williams after she quit Basketball Wives. Tami didn’t put her hands on David because he is a man. She’s only violent towards women, remember? Of course she’s the type to call her husband to fight on television for her. Me personally, I’d do my best to protect my spouse and not call them to get into trouble for me. I’ve seen women like Tami call their husbands to fight their battles and they end up killed, severely hurt, and put in jail. Stop getting the men you love in dangerous situations because of your unchecked egos. David was minding his business. Tami kept picking until she got the reaction she wanted from him. She has not changed.

6. Chelly

January 1, 2022 at 10:43 am

I think Tami and David are both wrong here. The first issue is people like Tami need to understand black people aren’t a monolith. We’re all allowed to have different opinions, even when it’s racism and police brutality being discussed. It would have been nice if David agreed with Tami and had her back. But he’s not obligated to share her views or discuss topics he doesn’t care to discuss. Tami should have understood that and allowed her relationship to progress with David like it was before this last episode. With that being said, David shouldn’t be making threats either. Reggie has a right to defend his wife. But the other side of that is what Reggie did puts him in a vulnerable situation because David can make phone calls too. He can also get the cops involved. So this shouldn’t even have gone this far.

7. Sweetness

January 1, 2022 at 10:47 am

Shania in the south they have a saying “I hit dog will holler. ” Now out of the 3 comments that were posted, 2 of which had a judgmental tone towards Tami you ASSUMED that I was addressing YOU. That’s a YOU problem dear. Don’t start the year off being SO offended by a strangers “opinion” that you feel the need to rant about things that happened YEARS ago between people YOU DON’T KNOW PERSONALLY on an EDITED TV show. Now see how much of a waste of time it was to get in feelings 1st thing on the 1st day of the year? Be blessed.

8. Shania

January 1, 2022 at 10:55 am

Sweetness, you’re passive aggressive and I called you out on it. Gaslighting is so weak and passive aggressive. I alone said Tami is the same old Tami from Basketball Wives. You were referring to me but you’re too passive aggressive to be clear. Tami has not changed. Only you stans can’t see this. Her whole behavior on this reunion has been classic Tami from Basketball Wives. Like in episode 2 or 3 she cursed out Jon and Beth S. for being empathetic towards David. She wanted to make the blanket situation all about her AGAIN and everyone else did the right thing and finally acknowledged how it hurt David too. So what did Tami do? She played victim like she always does and cursed people out. You call that growth though, remember?

• Pat

January 1, 2022 at 11:10 am

Points were made.

9. Natalie

January 1, 2022 at 11:00 am

There’s a good reason I’m not watching this show. I’ve grown passed the drama of others and it appears this cast hasn’t.
    What diff does it make who says ni&&a? That word has become a term of endearment now and anyone can be one. Check the meaning.

10. Pearl

January 1, 2022 at 11:00 am

I like Tami but I agree with Shania. Tami hasn’t changed that much. I’ve been disappointed by her behavior on this show. Now she’s going to spin this into David being the issue when she’s the one who escalated this. With that being said, Tami wasn’t wrong to call Reggie.

11. My 2 Cents

January 1, 2022 at 11:03 am

Why aren’t more people watching this show?! It’s so good!

January 1, 2022 at 11:07 am

All I can do is shake my head. David is far from perfect but he was spot on when he said politicians are dividing all of us. Now here Tami is using a difference of opinion to fight with David and divide the whole house again. David will get all the blame though.

13. Renee

January 1, 2022 at 11:13 am

I agree with everything Shania is saying. Tami is manipulative.

14. Pat

January 1, 2022 at 11:14 am

It’s kind of funny to see Tami call her husband on David when she’s spent years fighting on television. She’s just as much a firecracker as David. She’s been seething since everyone apologized to David. I think she finds peace in everyone hating David and she’s doing whatever is necessary to make that the case again. Either way, once David said he’d snatch her wig off, all bets are off. Reggie wasn’t wrong.

15. Sweetness

January 1, 2022 at 11:22 am

Shania, it’s such a shame that out of ALL the other comments echoing your views, you took it upon yourself to ASSUME my comment was directed specifically at you.
    It’s also a shame that you think a solid defense to me saying those with the “same old Tami” opinion aren’t watching the show, is to bring up BBW, a show she hasn’t been on in almost THREE YEARS. . Also it’s not “gaslighting” when the crux of your accusatory statement is based on assumption. (But I will say it’s also interesting how you keep referring to me as a “stan” yet you seem to keep and active record of her all of her perceived wrongdoings. ?) However I digress, because whatever “fight” you’re looking for you won’t find here love. You call me passive aggressive for what you claim is me “not being direct”(even though I was NOT talking to you specifically) yet I can’t help but notice that YOU in fact are currently displaying the same female on female “aggression” you are trying to criticize Tami for. One thing life has taught me is not to respond to people directly unless they ask for me DIRECTLY. You ASKED for me. No disrespect but I didn’t ask for you sweetheart. Not out of passive aggressive energy but because I never had any intention with engaging with any one specific person. No matter how you want to twist it. Have a blessed day. ✌?

16. Shania

January 1, 2022 at 11:27 am

Sweetness, you’re back again because you want to fight. How many comments do you plan on leaving today after saying you’re done? You should stop embarrassing yourself. If you’re so above arguing, stop arguing. Passive aggressive people like you are a trip. Next time you should be direct from jump and understand you don’t police comments on here. All opinions are allowed.

17. Twirl

January 1, 2022 at 11:36 am

OMG yes Shania and Renee! Tami is very manipulative! It’s the one thing I don’t like about her!

18. I SAID, WHAT I SAID!

January 1, 2022 at 11:52 am

Shania please continue to speak the TRUTH!

Tami has not changed and she is a bully. She should return to Basketball Wives.

19. Yeah I Said It!

January 1, 2022 at 1:14 pm

Love this show.

20. Mona

January 2, 2022 at 11:20 am

Tami and David are carrying this show.

21. Reese

January 3, 2022 at 2:11 am

Tami the same on whatever show she on. She a bit of a bully part throw the rock and hide your hand type.

• RealKnowsReal

January 5, 2022 at 8:55 pm

Tammi is a miserable witch and David has some anger management issues WHEN he is provoked by evil and misery. So it goes as it usually does, the real monster stirs up evil but the sane person blows up after being backed into a corner and gets called the monster instead. The world hasn’t changed since 93, perception is reality even when the perception is completely wrong and created by the true monsters.

22. Jessica

January 3, 2022 at 1:02 pm

David is crazy. Point, blank, period. How are you going to threaten to physically attack someone because they have a different opinion than you? What is this? Grade school? That man doesn’t know the meaning of personal growth and the fact that he sees no wrong in threaten to violate a woman’s physical space once again let’s me know that the real reason David is in the situation he is in has nothing to do with Tami, Irene or that other one, but every thing to do with David himself. Tami has every right to criticize David for not speaking up just like David had every right to scuttle off to a confessional a criticize Tami for speaking up. While I agree with Tami on the issue itself, I recognize that black people have differences of opinion and that they can and should feel free to express those differences without fear of being physically attacked. What a child he is.

23. Sincere

January 3, 2022 at 1:10 pm

Tami hasn’t changed and neither has David. Black people don’t have to agree on everything. If David sat there with little to say and chose to mind his business, Tami should have been mature enough to leave it alone. But she’s already cursed out multiple people on this show just a few episodes in. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised she poked at David like this. And David has a drinking problem and unresolved anger issues. He and Tami both need to grow up.