Black Ink Crew Chicago Ratings Drop to Historic Low

‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ Ratings Hit Historic Low

Black Ink Crew Chicago Ratings

Photo Credit: VH1

“Black Ink Crew Chicago” returned Tuesday night.

And the episode didn’t lack drama.

In particular, most of the drama was centered around Lily, a tattoo artist of Mexican descent who refuses to stop using the N-word.

Charmaine has called for Lily to be fired for using the word, but producers don’t seem to care.

Instead, Lily continues to be a main cast member. And not everyone on the cast has a problem with her using the word.

Producers probably figured the controversy would bring in strong ratings, but that’s been the exact opposite when it comes to this topic.

Ratings have been on a steady decline.

And last week’s mid-season premiere resulted in the lowest ratings ever in the history of the show.

The episode only pulled in 739,000 viewers.

When you factor in the fact that the season 5 premiere brought in 1.071 million viewers, it’s hard to ignore the drop.

What do you think needs to be done to get the ratings back on track?

June 8, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Ain’t nobody pressed to watch black people get punked by Lily 🤷🏿‍♀️

• Mattie A Meredith

June 9, 2019 at 11:13 am

I know I stopped watching I’m a New Yorker n I always gave Chicago the title of the original gangster but since this wet b-ck Mexican didn’t get checked I took it back n BROOKLYN Mexican can b seen but not heard they can take their M16 gang n keep it movin Mexicans r the lowest on the scale n that b-tch walking around using the N word like she made it 😂😂😞 never n BROOKLYN somebody would have stuck a big black d-ck down her throat damn dog eating wet b-ck whore NEW YORK NUMBER ONE we stand up for ours 💯💯💯😎

• Maria

June 10, 2019 at 12:23 am

Mexicans are the best ! Viva mexico

• Terry S joshua

June 10, 2019 at 10:15 am

If Mexico is great why do you have to come to America?? If you are the best. Why do Mexican American side with Trump?

• Msparker

June 14, 2019 at 9:52 pm

• Melody

June 9, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Get rid of lily I’m tired as a black woman being disrespected by a Latina woman using the n word. I refuse to watch anymore until you teach her respect and get rid of her for good.

• Olivia lewis

June 10, 2019 at 1:00 am

Lily need to carry her trashy drunk a-s to Black history class. It seems as tho Charlamain is the only one demanding respect in this jucu needed area. What the HELL is wrong with the rest of the African American on the show. Them fighting words!!! BE GONE WETB-CK!!! DON’T FEEL TOO GOOD DOES IT!!!

• Sfc1983

June 10, 2019 at 11:40 am

Tired of watching Lily she’s boring rather stick with Black ink crew NY Rather watch the OG crew of good ol NY KEEPING IT REAL! 😎

2. E.Zz

June 8, 2019 at 4:33 pm

The fact that it seems the Chicago one doesn’t have the buzz that NY has, no wonder their ratings are low, but I guess the people aren’t as likeable.

• Neka Peka

June 9, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Bring Kat back the show went downhill ever since she left

• Sfc1984

June 10, 2019 at 11:35 am

Ikr bring Kat back!

3. Pat

June 8, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Sh-t got too fake and having a Mexican calling black people the n word like she’s big and bad ain’t a good look either. People aren’t interested anymore. There’s better things to watch now. Reality TV ain’t the only option anymore.

• Matte Wimms

June 9, 2019 at 11:19 am

She’s a wet back thinking she’s doing something big by using the n word never n BROOKLYN M16 gang n all nobody don’t give a F-CK about no damn Mexican especially a whore like that 💯😎😫😫

• Mr

June 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm

You can call her a wet b-ck while taking offense to her calling people the n word. Makes sense

4. Shayla

June 8, 2019 at 4:48 pm

People aren’t watching the NY one like that anymore either. Both shows have gotten too fake and less black over the years. So a lot of people have moved on.

• Chandra Lugo

June 9, 2019 at 11:49 am

First off the show is whack. The show has been whack before Lilu using the N word. And I am so tired as being an Afro Latina of what we can and cannot say like Hispanics don’t struggle. It’s ignorant af that all of a sudden it’s a problem. Y’all listen to Cardi tho.. sigh this is why minorities can’t win because of this dumb sh-t. You exclude us when it’s convenient but listen to our reggaeton and merengue when you want to get lit

• Shayla

June 9, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I’m not sure why my comment triggered you. You’re Afro Latina? Cool. That means your race is black so I’m not sure why you’re on here arguing for me, another black woman, to be okay with a Mexican woman calling black people the n word after she’s been asked not to. It’s strange that you are grouping yourself with nonblack Latinas because most of them don’t even like Afro Latinas. Y’all are mainly ignored in Latinx culture. They won’t even let y’all act on telenovela unless you’re okay with playing criminals and maids. Latina magazine only caters to women who look like Jennifer Lopez or the woman from Modern Family. Occasionally, they will spotlight Zoe Saldana on the cover when dragged on Twitter. I mean let’s not forget how dark skinned people are treated in the Hispanic culture. Yet, that’s who you’re standing up for on here? Oh. Also, I’m not okay with Cardi using the n word and I don’t spend my money on her. And this is not why minorities can’t win. I suggest you read and educate yourself on white supremacy. I don’t listen to Reggae or whatever else you mentioned, but if I did, I would do it without using slurs that disrespect the people the culture belongs to. See how easy that is? Lastly, black people can have our own shows. Why are we expected to be so inclusive when no one else has to be? Yeah no.

• Kimche

June 9, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Check please! Lol….agreed

• Bands629

June 9, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Okurrrr!!!!!sis told you. And cardi is only point because she acts like nikki who black .

• Elizabeth

June 9, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Cardi has no business saying that word either.

• Naw

June 9, 2019 at 12:10 pm

I doubt you’re Afro Latina because I have NEVER heard one talk like this before. Real Afro Latinas know the struggle They know they are black before anything else because the racism of the Latino community won’t let it be any other way. I believe you’re a nonblack Latina. You type exactly how they all do.

• Amanda

June 9, 2019 at 1:02 pm

I’m so tired of Lily being druck and disrespectful.. I’m can’t stand her why is she still on the show but does she bring…

• Tip215

June 9, 2019 at 12:40 pm

1. Don’t matter if you’re black and Hispanic. The people that were kidnapped and made slaves weren’t black and Hispanic. They were African. Meaning their descendants are African Americans. Ergo, black people. Y’all struggle was/is different from ours
        2. Is it okay if black people called y’all sp-cks? Just because we as a race say ni-gga to each other, does that give other races the right to say it too? Especially if we constantly tell them that it’s not cool. Not at all
        3. Just because people listen to a Hispanic music artist that means that we should allow them to call us a name that was giving to us as disrespect? Honestly you sound dumb. I’m cool with a lot of Hispanic people but y’all really got sh-t f-cked up. I like white actors, singers, etc.. So I guess it’s cool if their allowed to say it as well?

• Sharon

June 10, 2019 at 5:25 pm

If you got to put afro before latina,,you confused as hell you black born in a latin country like im black born in American,,,we black so idgaf who says what but if you white latina or white American European etc,,if you around me a say n- word im will hit you azz & not care twice about it you gone learn that day,

5. Get Busy

June 8, 2019 at 5:36 pm

This show peaked about three seasons ago. And making Lily a main cast member wasn’t smart either.

• chandra

June 9, 2019 at 11:50 am

Fact! Charmaine and Lily got tiring quick af!

6. Anony

June 8, 2019 at 5:50 pm

I stopped watching because I refuse to put money in the hands of people who act like fools for a living. Also Lilly the wetb-ck needs to be punched in the throat. Period

7. Shon

June 9, 2019 at 8:48 am

I couldnt even finish watching the episode. The way Van was treating Bella- Lily’s use of the Nword & Ryan just being a jerk= not on my watch list anymore.

8. susan george

June 9, 2019 at 9:50 am

Van was out of pocket n disrespectful….Ryan still not handling the situation the “boss way” and lily needs to shut her mouth

• Real Love

June 9, 2019 at 10:04 am

Well said Susan!

9. Real Love

June 9, 2019 at 10:00 am

I used to love the show! Not anymore. It needs overhauling-locations & cast members. Ryan’s head is so damn big now! The way he treated Phor was inexcusable! Everyone else is a joke too! The old 9Mag looks filthy & rundown. The new 9Mag is uppity & trying too hard. No tattoos done on a tattoo show. WTF?

10. Adonis

June 9, 2019 at 10:06 am

Lol start doing more tattoos please …. Yaw argue more than tatt

11. Te Knowles

June 9, 2019 at 10:21 am

It’s just too much… Lily needs to go sit down somewhere. I dont understand why she is getting a pass for using a racial slur. It’s clear the producers are OK with it. Pure foolishness.

12. LaQuetta Ward

June 9, 2019 at 10:30 am

Between Ryan and Van there egos have gotten so big it’s irritating to watch either of them then there’s the deplorable way Lilly is allowed to say the N word and it be okay. Isn’t there another tattoo shop in Chicago that could be featured because 9mag is tired and I’m tired ofrom eyeing these people except Phor and Don.

13. Charli

June 9, 2019 at 10:54 am

SHAME ON YOU RYAN HENRY. I supported this show even when you blamed everyone for the crap between you and Katt, but you. I get it sometimes ppl make mistakes. The human part of you and the love you showed with Phor last season tore me up. But now instead of bossing up and doing what real owner should, you run like a u b-tch and leave Van the biggest disrespectful a-shole ( other than lily) in the show to run your old spot. SERIOUSLY??? Let’s face it you created those monsters at the old 9mag. Van after seeing how he spoke to Bella and treated her, he has a daughter, you have a mom. Broke my heart. You are the face of 9mag ( new or old). Be the man, I feel you can be. Get Van the hell out. Don’t let ratings override respect. Love Don and Phor. One last thing Charmaine didn’t agree with Van’s treatment of Bella. But said nothing, Bella is not Lily. Shame on you Charmaine, and Lily get rid of her. Her behavior is very offensive

14. Charli

June 9, 2019 at 11:12 am

After I watched this last episode, you have lost a viewer and supporter. It’s all trashy now nothing about the young man who was following his dream in memory of Nova and Ava. All the things that you are doing at the new 9mag except for that contract crap, you could have done at the old. You owe Van nothing, he thinks he is entitled and it is apparent by his behavior the other night he doesn’t deserve to be on the show. The demeaning way he speaks to women. Ryan you have a mom, you owe all women who have supported you an apology and remove that toxic shell of a man off of YOUR show. Trust me he won’t be missed, if Jenn left him that is the best thing should could have EVER done for herself. I have never responded to any show before. But your new season premiere was very disappointing.

June 9, 2019 at 11:21 am

The show was better with the original cast. But for some reason, this production company keeps casting these nonblack Latinas and putting them in situations where they can be made out to be victims despite how messy they are. Then you have a Mexican woman literally taunting black people every episode. If most of your viewers are black, it’s only natural that they start to catch on and stop watching. And that is happening. Social media is a liar. Lily has all these followers and people defending her, but the ratings tell the true story. Producers don’t get that. They let social media impact their terrible decisions.

16. anon anon

June 9, 2019 at 11:41 am

Vh1 needs to do like they just did with BBW and hire a new production company. The production company is the issue. They make terrible casting decisions (ie . Lily) and they are big on fake storylines. When a reality show get this fake, you might as well just watch a scripted show instead.

17. Chelly

June 9, 2019 at 12:12 pm

It’s not good anymore. Lily is awful and the n word mess has turned off a lot of black viewers. Mind you black viewers are the main audience. So the decline was inevitable.

18. Welp

June 9, 2019 at 12:28 pm

They thought moving Black Ink to Tuesdays would help too. It’s not the day of the week that’s the problem. It’s what the show has turned into. The fake storylines are repetitive. Why have another season with Lily using the n word and Ryan feeling like he has to be separate from the og group? We’ve done that already. They could freshen up the show by firing a lot of these people so the storylines could be fresh.

19. Tonya

June 9, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Ryan,Phor,Don & goofy a-s Charmaine. That’s all this show needs. Why the 2 separate shops🤷🏽‍♀️. Van might me a Boss of that gorilla sh-t but not 9Mag. It was disrespectful for him to come in with a squad & treat 9mag like sh-t. He’s promoting his own brand. It has nothing to do with 9mag nor the memory of Nova & baby Ava.

20. Harold Williams

June 9, 2019 at 1:15 pm

I’m tired of all of it. It is supposed to be about tattoos and sh-t, but to me it’s about hard n-pples and showing skin.

21. Clark

June 9, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Van is annoying AF. His fake tough guy act and the way he treats females got old REAL fast.

22. Tracy

June 9, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Tired of the whole franchise.

23. Jordans Memory

June 10, 2019 at 9:31 am

Simple. get rid of Lily! I have no problem with the other foolishness that’s been going on but until she is gone I will NOT be watching. Actually, I need to take it off my dvr too because I’m sure me taping it counts as a rating.

24. Perry

June 10, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Lily is one of the biggest reasons why I no longer enjoy this show. She causes a lot of the problems but Ryan keeps forgiving her when he’s not willing to forgive the black people on the show when they have done much less. On top of that he’s about to hire her at his new shop like she isn’t the most toxic person on the show. I’m disgusted.

25. Faiona

June 11, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Outside of Lily, show messed up when Ryan cut evryone off when he messed with Kat.He should have taken responsibility and moved on.Instead it became Ryan vs evryone. I also gotta say I cant stand Rachel. Her aura is off!Dry personality Plus she influences Ryan a lot when the show is about him and his day ones in making decisions that cut them out. A mess!

26. Rhonda

June 12, 2019 at 6:52 pm

The n word from the spanish/ white girl was it for me. My friends n I stopped watching after that