Entertainment

The Ratings for ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Drop + ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Rises

Photo Credit: Bravo

Kenya Moore had an explosive feud with NeNe Leakes before her exit.

Real Housewives of Atlanta” has been one of Bravo’s leading shows for years now. To no surprise, this is probably thanks to a lot of controversial moments. In fact, the previous season of the show had a lot of people talking. Kenya Moore and NeNe Leakes clashed a lot. And during one of their blowups, NeNe said she ought to spit on Kenya. Kenya started off season 12 being upset with NeNe after some comments were made about her pregnancy. NeNe asked the other women if Kenya was having a buffalo. Since then, Kenya has become a mother to her daughter, Brooklyn Daly. So she still takes NeNe’s comments personally, even though NeNe said she was coming for Kenya and not her daughter.

Although NeNe said she was open to ending their feud, Kenya didn’t want to move forward with NeNe. So things got heated between them at the reunion. The women filmed the reunion on their computers, and they didn’t hold back with the shade and insults.

Ratings are dropping.

At one point, NeNe got so mad she shut her laptop. And she didn’t return to continue filming the reunion. NeNe would later say that the producers were upset with her about this. This makes sense since the last part of the season 12 reunion brought in the lowest ratings ever for a reunion.

Interestingly enough, the ratings have dropped, again.

1. anonymous

December 8, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Happy for RHOP but if they drag out this fight for another season and stay with this “team” mess, they will see a drop in ratings next season. As for RHOA, who didn’t see this coming? Nothing exciting happened this season. They honestly need to bring Phaedra back if NeNe is gone for good.

• Can'tGetRight

December 8, 2020 at 3:52 pm

Right on Anonymous! You got that right together fast! It’s past boring. I watched 12 minutes total of the season premier. Andy needs to bring back NeNe. Love her or hate her, she brought the drama and had real moments last season. I like Phaedra too. I want her back. I turn the channel every time I see K & K – the Bobbsey twins. I always try to support any sister’s efforts and that’s hard seeing K and K with their fakeness, arrogance, rudeness, and meanness. NeNe, where you at Girl?! Come on to the house! ? You’re needed to get these women in shape (literally). P.S. You know the season is a bust when you can’t make it through episode 1!

• Yeah I Said It!

December 10, 2020 at 10:43 am

Phaedra doesn’t want to come back at this point. RHOA is a sinking ship. RHOP is much better now but I do agree they dragged out that fight too much.

2. I Mean...

December 8, 2020 at 3:34 pm

RHOA’s season premiere was awful.

December 8, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I don’t think Bravo really believed that some people would stop watching because NeNe left. They should pay attention and be nervous about Married to Medicine’s ratings. Fans do not like it when their favorites leave.

• Deja

December 8, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Oh I’m really interested in seeing what the M2M ratings look like with Mariah gone and Quad demoted. The best thing the producers could have done is gotten Mariah and Quad back together as best friends. The show did better when those two were cool. Instead, I feel like the producers instigated, chose sides, and made things worse between them. Big mistake. The show wasn’t the same after Quad and Mariah stopped being friends.

4. Vanessa

December 8, 2020 at 3:39 pm

I blame Kandi honestly. She’s keeping Phaedra from coming back. People love to talk about how season 9 was fine without NeNe, but they forget that’s because Phaedra was there. RHOA now has no Phaedra, no NeNe, no Sheree, no Kim. I mean Kenya doesn’t even have someone to fight with anymore. And before y’all say Porsha, Porsha has cleaned up her image. So that wouldn’t even be interesting at this point. It’s a wrap.

• Can'tGetRight

December 8, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Great comment Vanessa! I’m so through with RHOA’s current cast. They really have to speed it up and bring the drama quick! I’d be willing to even have KZB back! So come on through Tardy… ?

• Raintree

December 8, 2020 at 7:08 pm

I totally agree with you Vanessa. I can’t stand Kandi nor Kenya. The show was so much better with Phaedra, NeeNee, and Kim. I stopped being a avid viewer a long time ago.

5. Pretty Girl

December 8, 2020 at 3:59 pm

I think RHOA has peaked and it’s never going to be great again. There’s really nothing mind-blowing or interesting this cast can provide at this point. We’ve seen them go through so much already. RHOP is a hit because they brought something fresh to the table. At some point they will peak too. It happens.

6. Diva

December 8, 2020 at 4:05 pm

RHOP is the better show now. This is why I get annoyed when people start stanning and taking things so personally on here. That RHOP cast is perfect, from the wives all the way down to the husbands. They all bring it. RHOA is boring and it will continue to be as long as Bravo refuses to make better casting decisions.

7. Meesha

December 8, 2020 at 4:30 pm

I don’t know y’all RHOP was just about that overhyped “fight.” They had nothing else to offer outside of it.

8. Lay Lay

December 8, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Kandi is a cautionary tale for what happens to a good show when one person gets way too much power over it.

9. Reality girl

December 8, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Not a fan of Nene or Phaedra. Can’t stand Kenya. I do agree the show was very very boring. The parts with Porsha was good – glad to see her activism – but I watch these shows to escape that reality for a while. Kandi is no longer interesting and Cynthia never really was interesting.

10. Lisa

December 8, 2020 at 10:44 pm

RHOA has been boring for a while now.

11. Tiffani Young

December 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Trump just needs to give it up. This election overturn needs to stop NOW!. As far as RHOA I don’t know who can make this show a hit. Riley doesn’t care nothing about Todd and that hasn’t come out. I just hate fake people.

12. Connie D Douglas

December 12, 2020 at 9:15 am

This show is boring – have been since they got rid of all the fun (Phaedra, NeNe, and Kim) people that keep the action going. Kenya just wanted to fight NeNe – just so she would have a story line. Kenya married is fake and have been over for a while – so I do not watch the show anymore. Kandi always have been boring to me. The show got to have some action – not people sitting talking in their living room.

13. Royalty

January 22, 2021 at 3:41 am

For years all the ladies have been trying to take the “big peach” from NeNe. Especially Kandi or should I say Princess Messy. She claims she a leader/boss (in business) but friendship – no. A follower of the true Queen of Mess- Kenya – yes. As for NeNe, she was the main attraction for ratings for BRAVO/RHOA. Unfortunately, like a lot of companies, they play the game of poker after they think all is solid and fake Andy and BRAVO behind the scenes (probably plotting for months) wanted to take the show in a new direction and NeNe was not part of the plan. It’s all strategic and it would not surprise me if the two Ks and Cynthia had input. BRAVO was waiting and hoping for something to happen and you know NeNe it did and BRAVO were elated for the leverage. They knew they had to offer her something without saying she was let go and they knew she would not go for it. Now their new direction is not working. Sow a dirty harvest you get one in return. If they don’t pull it together, don’t be surprised when you hear season series/cancellation. This my comment and hey, It’s tight and it just might be right.

14. Kristin Wiggins

February 27, 2021 at 4:45 pm

RHOA is no longer good, take it off the air and replace it with something else. I could think of a couple of women that should have been gone before NENE. BYE RHOA your boring and a DUD!!

• Vixen

July 30, 2021 at 11:28 am

I quit watching specifically due to the activism. I can see that all over the streets of Portland or on the news. I watch TV to escape that not to be further traumatized. Besides, with no NeNe and no Phaedra it’s boring and they brought Kenya back. I cannot stand that woman.