Entertainment

Tami Roman Claps Back at ‘The Real World’ Cast for Comments About Reggie Youngblood

Photo Credit: Paramount Plus

Tami Roman told David Edwards how she felt about his BLM comments.

David Edwards and Tami Roman clashed something serious on the latest episode of “The Real World Homecoming.” Tami took issue with the things David said when everyone was discussing the Black Lives Matter Movement. David said that he just thinks those with all the political power like to keep people divided with all these different groups. And corporations are also taking advantage. For Tami, she felt she and David should have been on the same page since they are the only two Black people in the house. So she confronted him about it.

The conversation seemed peaceful at first. Tami playfully said, “You p*ssed me off. I’ma tell you that.” She continued, “You a Black man. You’re supposed to speak to the plight of the Black man and your a*s started talking about a corporation.”

David said that he understands her perspective but it’s okay for them to disagree because all perspectives should be heard. “You would like for what you thought and what you would have said to come out of my mouth, and that didn’t happen. We are two different beings. Me and you together on this show have two voices. Both must be heard.” He added, “I get it, where you’re coming from…but I also get where I’m coming from.”

David Edwards wants to just stay in his lane.

Tami explained what she really wanted from David at that moment, “Black men are the ones that’s being targeted, that are being killed. I would have liked for you to address that from a Black man’s perspective.”

David said he no longer has a chip on his shoulder. “I only can voice from what I feel honestly, and I no longer walk around with this f*cking chip on my shoulder that I used to have.” He continued, “All I’m saying is, to me, can’t nobody oppress me but me, can’t nobody hurt my people but me, and f*ck being politically correct. Black Lives Matter has to start first with our own kind because the Black male is killing the Black male faster than the police are taking us out, than any Klansmen, than any…we gotta start with us first, I feel. That’s just me.”

Tami said other races commit intraracial crimes. “If we had a level playing field, who’s to say that any of that stuff would be going on? What I’m speaking to is systematic racism that keeps us from elevating and because of that level of racism, we’re being killed off.”

But David just wanted to stay in his lane. “You know, it’s so heavy and sometimes I just go, ‘I don’t even give a f*ck.’ All human beings are crazy and there’s some f*cking cat sh*t no matter what color you are. It’s a lot. You know, I just stay in my lane.”

The conversation went left.

Beth Stolarczyk later joined the conversation and suggested they use the show as a platform to educate others. David wasn’t interested. But when she asked him what his daughter thinks about his perspective, David got upset. “Don’t you bring my daughter in this…don’t do that.”

Tami then began to tell David he should be considering the futures of his grandchildren and their children’s children. And David said, “That’s your perspective. This is how I operate. This is what got me thus far. The game is the f*cking game.” He added, “The people that make the rules are the motherf*ckers that make the rules. Now you play within the rules and you learn how to play the game.” In response to this, Tami said, “So…be a good slave.”

David said he’s not a slave and it’s about playing the course. Tami told David he has a “slave mentality.” He said he can do whatever he wants. But Tami wouldn’t back down on her slave references, “Keep picking cotton.” David was heated at this point, “If I had the audacity to sit here and insult your mentality…Said I got a slave mentality sitting here with a motherf*cking wig on.”

David Edwards’ daughter is brought up, again.

He then walked away.  Tami and David went back into the house. Their argument continued. “You’re an idiot which is unfortunate because a lot of young brothers that’s gonna be watching this where you could be an example for but you’re too busy talking about play within the rules and you don’t give a f*ck about what’s happening to Black men in America and that’s sad as f*ck.”

She continued, “When your daughter has a son that you…” David asked Tami what she said about his daughter. She answered, “I said when your daughter has a son and you’re not fighting in this moment for that child, this is what makes it sad.” And David said, “Shut your baldheaded a*s up.”

Tami Roman defended Reggie Youngblood.

The roommates witnessed this heated exchange go on and on. Tami told David, “You, sir, sat out here and said, ‘I don’t give a f*ck. I’m staying in my lane and I’m playing within the rules.’ The rules are f*cked up and they need to be changed.” David was over it, “Then go f*ck with the person that makes them, not me.”

Eventually, David pulled out his phone and but his anger for Tami contained, “I’m about to get put off again cause I’m gonna snatch your wig.” Tami would later call her husband Reggie Youngblood to check David. He told her he was on his way to the house. However, the producers had already pulled David from the house. Well, the rest of the cast didn’t know David was already gone. During their green screen interviews and confessionals, they made it clear that they felt uncomfortable when Reggie was screaming for David.

Well, Tami addressed this on her YouTube channel.

“I don’t appreciate them perpetuating the stereotype of the angry black man. Reggie wasn’t gon mess with none of y’all.” She continued, “Reggie was there to have a conversation with David about disrespecting me which you all witnessed. This man called me b*tch, this man walking behind me, this man saying he gon snatch my wig, this man saying he’ll bust me in my mouth. Y’all witnessed all that sh*t…so y’all know why he was there.”

She wasn’t feeling some of the confessionals done about Reggie. “So the confessions that lend to, ‘Oh my God. Here he comes, what’s gonna happen?’ That’s bullsh*t and I don’t appreciate it.”

Check out Tami’s video here.

1. Ugh

January 8, 2022 at 9:45 am

I’m sorry but this episode annoyed me so much. Of course the only two black people had to act a fool in the house. Tami should have respected David’s different opinions. She called him a slave because he didn’t share her views. Then when he returned her disrespectful energy, she calls her husband to beat him up. Now Tami is mad the white people in the house were scared of Reggie when she’s the one who turned him into an attack dog for a fight she instigated. David should have just walked away and not disrespected Tami because she’s still a woman at the end of the day. This whole episode was ghetto.

January 8, 2022 at 9:53 am

“I don’t appreciate them perpetuating the stereotype of the angry black man.“ No Tami, YOU did that to Reggie by calling him to come put his hands on David. You riled him up on the phone and left out the part where you called a black man a slave, said he picks cotton, taunted him about his daughter, and called him an idiot all because he has different views from you. The irony of her not thinking of Reggie’s image and safety until after the fact. I never want to put my husband in a position that can be harmful like that. I don’t care how angry someone makes me. And David needs therapy and help for his alcohol addiction. He won’t become a better person until he gets real help. He was out of line speaking to a woman this way even if he did feel she disrespected him first. Someone has to be the bigger person and he should have been that person and just ignored Tami.

3. Vicky

January 8, 2022 at 10:12 am

David is a mess but why does Tami think she can talk to people like sh-t and they can’t respond in kind? You call a black person a slave, they will cuss your a-s out.

• Kee

January 13, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Y’all must not have watched the show. She said she didn’t care about David calling her “b-tch”, etc. The issues came about when he threatened to put his hands on her. Talk trash all day, but when it comes to a woman fighting a man I don’t argue with that at all.

• Vicky

January 13, 2022 at 3:50 pm

I watched this show in 93 and I watched it again now. My question was why does Tami think she can talk to people any kind of way and they can’t respond in kind? You don’t seem to have an answer. She called David a slave, said he picks cotton. Oh and she threatened to f-ck him up. I don’t care how she’s spinning it now. She started a fight and David returned her energy. If you and Tami care about gender roles now, why did Tami sit there and start an argument with a man? She can’t play helpless woman now.

4. Shania

January 8, 2022 at 10:30 am

Tami is David. That’s why they can’t get along. She’s angry just like he is and spent years on TV fighting other black women. She stole another woman’s purse and dared that woman to square up. She tried to fight Duffey while they were on a rooftop and could have gotten them both killed. She said Jennifer’s ex could have killed Jennifer and no one would have missed her. She really has no moral standing to pretend she’s superior to David. Tami has made good money being an angry black woman on television. She can miss me with the BLM talk and pretentiousness. Just another performative activist like Porsha.

5. Lauren

January 8, 2022 at 10:45 am

Watched the whole episode in full (not just clips) and I think David and Tami were both wrong. Black people as a whole need to stop disrespecting black people who have different political views. We’re real quick to call someone like David a slave and a c—-n for not blaming everything on white supremacy and recognizing that we do have power to change our own community for the better. That’s not a slave mindset. That’s taking accountability and more of us should do that and stop deflecting. Tami and David had a great conversation at first and should have just agreed to disagree.

6. Elizabeth

January 8, 2022 at 10:56 am

Why did it even have to come down to this? Tami shared her perspective and David shared his. It should have ended there because black people don’t have to agree on everything.

7. Renee

January 8, 2022 at 11:01 am

Tami shouldn’t start stuff call that man a slave talk about his child and then when he snaps you call your husband. Your a bully and think you can say what you want with no

Consequences

8. Blackrose

January 8, 2022 at 11:58 am

Why didnt she just leave him alone. Slave or otherwise did she really think she was going to change his mind? He does not like her and he does not respect her she was not going to be that person that changed his perspective. She should have left him alone it’s not her place to change him. So she get what she get with this one

9. Ms. Jackson

January 8, 2022 at 12:10 pm

This is why I don’t like social media at times. You don’t get the full story and people were quick to side with Tami because they don’t actually watch the show and they don’t know all the sh-t she said to him before he went off. She didn’t have to call this man a slave. That’s some of the most disrespectful sh-t you can say to another black person. If they don’t like each other then they should just leave each other alone. How do you use the BLM movement to put down another black person? Smdh.

10. Yeah I Said It!

January 8, 2022 at 12:33 pm

Drama aside, this was an eye opening episode that made me challenge my own political views. Sometimes we like to harp on racism but the moment someone says we should be accountable for what we’re doing to each other, it’s an issue. It was really hypocritical for Tami to say all of this about BLM just to turn around and try to have her husband assault another black man. She proved David’s point without realizing it. We gotta care about each other as much as we care about racism and police brutality.

11. Barbee

January 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Disappointing. Imagine how powerful this episode could have been if two black people could disagree politically but still respect each other smh.

12. SGina

January 8, 2022 at 3:50 pm

This man was passive aggressively threatening her. That’s a punk move. He can talk to her husband like that. My hubby would be P-SSED if someone carried me like that and I didnt tell him. Men like David do all that with a woman but is on MUTE w/another man. Tami handled that right. Don’t go back and forth with no man, let your man step in and handle him.

• Me

January 8, 2022 at 4:58 pm

David keeps the same energy with everybody. He literally squared up with men on this show and was ready to fight Glen for Tami on this same show. If Tami wants respect, she should give respect. Calling someone a slave for not sharing your political opinions isn’t right no matter how you slice it. She doesn’t get to pull the helpless woman card when she disrespected this man multiple times and fist fights on a regular basis. Where was her femininity then? She’s lucky Reggie didn’t get arrested or hurt behind her masculine behavior.

• Leelee

January 8, 2022 at 5:33 pm

David should have just walked away because that’s the manly thing to do. Don’t argue with women.

• Me

January 8, 2022 at 5:41 pm

That’s the crazy thing though because David actually did walk away. But Tami followed him back into the house and kept berating him. It was a wrap after she brought up his daughter. But even then I do think he should have continued to ignore her because it wasn’t worth it.

13. Rachel

January 8, 2022 at 4:50 pm

Black women need to stop picking fights with men and then calling their significant others to fight the man they picked a fight with. That’s how a lot of black men end up hurt and killed. I’ve seen too many videos of black women doing this. Ladies learn how to respectfully talk to people. It’s not cute and Tami behaves like the stereotypical angry black woman. No she didn’t handle this well. She needs to learn how to talk to people. She’s in her 50s now!

• Me

January 8, 2022 at 5:01 pm

Thank you. Tami wants to follow gender roles when it’s convenient but she’s masculine the majority of the time we see her on TV. She also wears the pants in her marriage. We all know she could have fought David herself anyway. Why does Reggie have time to follow her everywhere and stay in hotels when she’s working? Does he not have a career of his own?

14. The Truth

January 8, 2022 at 5:13 pm

David was pro black back in 93 when they first did the show. But he probably changed his views after a black woman said nothing when two white women compared him to a r-pist. Then the black woman got with the white women and had him kicked out the house and hurt his career. David learned back then that black unity is a myth. Tami is on the fake pro black stuff but she became famous and rich from bullying and fighting other black women. Why some people are taking her seriously about this topic I’ll never understand. But then again black people will make an activist out of anybody these days despite their problematic track record. You have TI acting like he’s the voice of black people now so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by any of this. As for me, I don’t take rappers and reality stars seriously with their attention seeking version of “activism.”

15. Pat

January 8, 2022 at 5:28 pm

Stan culture keeps a lot of people from calling a spade a spade. Tami may be more likable than David so she gets more passes especially from Basketball Wives stans. But let’s be real, she would swing on someone if they called her a slave. So why is David expected to be okay with her talking to him like that? Tami was wrong. David was wrong to say he’d snatch her wig off. And Reggie can’t be dragged for coming because he was called. But there is something wrong with being 51 years old and still being in that mindset where you’re getting into it with people and calling your husband to fight. We expect foolishness from David. But Tami is the one who said she evolved and that’s why she left Basketball Wives. I’m not seeing this evolution she’s been talking about.

16. Gretta

January 8, 2022 at 6:06 pm

David did too much. Tami annoyed me when she said black people stay on the bottom because the system isn’t equal but she’s the most successful person in the house. ?

• Fashionrb

January 8, 2022 at 11:47 pm

She’s the most successful person on the show, by acting like a fool on TV. Cursing and fighting like she has no sense at all.

17. David

January 9, 2022 at 7:25 am

I really wish that people understand that you don’t have to act out and get loud and include violence when it comes to trying to make a point. This should have been a very civil conversation that turned nasty very quickly. Everyone handles things differently and Tami should never got offended because he wasn’t trying to be the mad black guy and David because he wasn’t 100% in agreement with her. Tami should not have involved her husband either and the roommates have every right to feel unsafe because of how her husband came into the house. This honestly made me feel like he was trying to get some TV credit. David was wrong he should have walked away from the situation instead of arguing with Tami I really wish he would learn. She is making herself the angry black women which is sad I love Tami and all of the roommates. Just get along and give us a good show..

18. Tracey

January 9, 2022 at 9:01 am

I see a lot of myself in Tami. I can get really passionate about things and become disrespectful when someone has an opinion that bothers me. So I’ve been working on myself and trying to remember we are all allowed to have our own viewpoints and perspectives. And it’s unethical to think black people must see the world through the same lenses. Still rooting for Tami. Reggie is a great husband.

19. Morgan

January 9, 2022 at 11:56 am

I’m say this one time the BLM was not real at all Celebrities did it to draw attention to themselves. The same ones that was saying BLM is a joke to me. Just because someone call you name grown as you say you are you should be able walk away. If you know you’re not slave why get upset. David played his self he never forgave Tammy. An yes if David said that to me to be honest I would’ve aired his butt out real quick. David walked into that trap learn to walk away. Everyone saying Tammy hurt his career and wrong. Last time I checked David was in House Party 3 as Kid and Play friend Stinky. Hollyweird chose not to deal with him after that movie. Cause after the old Real World episode air people knew who he was. They still cast him in House Party 3. Yes Tammi a bully but she also stated in interviews the stuff she did on Basketball wives hurt her career also. Tammi never gave up though. Everyone has choices in life. Now back to Reggie everyone knows Reggie loves his wife and he was gonna show up. Everyone also knows Reggie quiet also for Reggie show up it had to be really bad. The show doesn’t show you everything just what they want to show you.
    Another my man the same way all I gotta do is call him and he’s burning rubber to come to my rescue.
    David proved what everyone thought he never forgave Tammi cause of what he said he snatch her wig off.
    David needs to realize that cast doesn’t care about him and when they leave will never speak to him like they hadn’t spoken to him for years.
    David played his self never let anyone take you out character if you trying to show you’re not that person.
    An the people saying Reggie should’ve stayed out of it that’s his Wife h-ll tf if you’re in relationship and your husband boyfriend etc doesn’t come when you ask you need let that relationship go immediately.

20. Rainbow

January 9, 2022 at 12:38 pm

A lot of y’all are very observant and I can tell y’all watched The Real World and Basketball Wives because y’all know exactly what y’all are talking about. Tami and David are very similar. Two hotheads who have reputations for being combative on reality shows for compensation. Tami can’t sit on here and talk about BLM being the violent black woman she’s been throughout her life on television for millions to see. This is why people continue to call out the BLM movement. Too many non-credible people are trying to be the face of it. Tami talked about racism for two episodes and still had the audacity to call another black person a slave. I’m giggling over the fact that people actually thought she changed. David and Tami are proof that being in your 50s doesn’t mean you’ve grown. Young fools become old fools, right?

21. Cynthia Cooper

January 15, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Everyone has an opinion and it should be respected I think Tammy took it too far knowing David’s background everyone is not going to agree with you and there’s a way that you approach people in such a heated conversation you wouldn’t let it go you should not have brought your husband up there David did not attack you physically he just didn’t agree with you and you should have accepted that I respect your opinion and I also respect David’s opinion and it should have been a close matter